IGNORED

Lori Alexander 66: An Assortment of Cheap Whines

Why would anyone buy Lori’s new book? Thought we weren’t supposed to use books to study the Bible?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Ken, the Horse of Truth, speaking about Lori:

"...the lone voice in the wilderness of feminism that shouts to women..."

"...one of the lone dissenting voices..." 

Melodramatic much? I mean seriously, give me a fucking break. They really do see themselves as the last bastion of sanctimonious christianity.

This is straight up ridiculous. Has Ken been ON the internet lately? Youtube and Reddit and every place imaginable are full of dissenting voices, both male and female, when it comes to feminism, particularly lately. A Google search for "antifeminism" yields 46,300,000 results. So Lori is a voice in 46,300,000. Hardly a lone voice in the freaking internet wilderness.

• Upvote 23

19 hours ago, Marly said:

As to the "more likely to die a violent death", i just can't with this line of argumentation. Yes, let's blame this inanimate object for the violent actions of men who kill women, because obviously men are blameless and women are naturally perverted sinners :puke-front:
Fuck you, Lori Alexander.

OMG, I just about lost it when this Dolores Umbridge looking lady blamed BCP for increased violent deaths.  Of course it's not a man's fault when he lashes out violently at his wife/girlfriend.  She took BCP!  And with Lori everything is the woman's fault anyway.  This was just the cherry on top of a disgusting Lori sundae.

• Upvote 14

Lori's book is available in Kindle unlimited. Might have to download it just for shits and grins, then write a review. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lori was similar: ALWAYS needing someone to watch the kids but when someone stepped up, there was always fault found with how they watched them.  I'd bet the real reason they want to be left alone isn't that they don't want to spend time with the kids...I bet it's because they didn't feel like dealing with Lori.  

I think it was from a commenter, not Lori, but your point applies ?

6 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

image.png

I think this quote here is a key to understanding Lori in a very deep way. She says, "I would NEVER have married a man like this!"

What's amazing here is that she sees people as completely static and unchanging and also superficially yet fundamentally knowable. This explains how she can always blame women. If the man treats her poorly, then the problem is not the man's bad behavior, but the woman's poor choice. She should have known! Lori would have known! Also, because God is in control, there are no surprise circumstances that could make Lori's(God's) ideal choice impossible. So if a woman is facing an awful situation in which there are no good options, that situation must have been caused by her lack of faith, not by God's(luck's,fate's) handiwork.

I think her obsession--and a lot of fundie women's obsession--with female submission has to do with a desire for control. It's painful when something is your fault, but it also defines the problem as something you personally can fix, which is empowering in an ironic kind of way.

Lori has no comprehension that a person can *become* abusive, that a relationship can *become* combative and unworkable, or even that someone could manipulate and lie! It's a very strange and childish worldview.

ETA: This is especially frustrating in her culture of young marriage and prescribed right answers. Someone young may assume things about themselves, or impose things on themselves, that it turns out they’re not able to keep up long term. Lori’s simplistic worldview is just cruel.

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

@Petronella this is why relationships work better when there is open communication. No two relationships are the same. Just like no two people are the same. The Bible is very vague about a lot of things and specific about others. I know a women growing up who was the bread winner. She was a nurse and her husband was a stay at home dad. It worked for them. They were Christian and went to church with us. Very nice people. We all know that Lori is an entitled lazy spoiled little brat of an adult. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, Hisey said:

Here's the link to Lori's new books. There are no reviews yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1070523763

I bought her first one and did a review, I can't imagine she can say anything new in this one. Good news it is cheap!

• Upvote 7

Re: Lori's new book
"a twelve-week course"
"100 pages"
:my_huh:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

30 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Re: Lori's new book
"a twelve-week course"
"100 pages"
:my_huh:

It’s 8.3 pages per week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

46 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

It’s 8.3 pages per week. 

and here I am now reading "No Exit" by Taylor Adams and started it Monday night (after the kids went to bed) and I am on page 230 (of 332 pages). I work full time and had little league until 8:30 last night and went to bed "early" at 10 pm with a headache...so her book is 100 pages and it is a 12-week course! hahahahahaha 

Oh I have to buy this stupid book! And then I will send it to any FJer that wants to read it and review it on amazon. I also will purchase "Ride me Dirty" by Vanessa Vale* when I buy Lori's book. I will need something to cleanse my palate after reading her drivel. 

*This book has been advertised a ton for me on my f/b feed, I think it is now the right time to purchase it :)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

This is especially frustrating in her culture of young marriage and prescribed right answers. Someone young may assume things about themselves, or impose things on themselves, that it turns out they’re not able to keep up long term. Lori’s simplistic worldview is just cruel.

Dh and I got married when he was 22 and I was 24. We were going to do everything right! 

Fast forward 16 years and we have been through some hellish moments and we've definitely changed. A lot!  

Yes, Lori's simplistic worldview is cruel ideed.   

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

15 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

This is from today’s doodle. Lori, there are tons of scriptures about being idle, lazy, but not a single one that says women can’t work outside of the home. You yourself have said it is your opinion that women should stay home. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to stay home while having a house keeper and nanny. 97215D95-28FD-4955-BAE1-CA50956EEC72.thumb.jpeg.47fc66d0e1b255c001f2410ea96773c5.jpeg

That reply from Lori got me thinking about a book I started listening to and had to set aside after chapter 4. It's called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It has well over 2000 reviews on Amazon and 80% of them are 5 stars. Still, 4 chapters into it, I had to set it aside because I felt judged by Francis Chan's understanding of certain Bible verses.  By the end of chapter 4 I was doubting my salvation, even though I KNOW that, in my heart,  I have accepted the Gospel.  But I still struggle, so Chan's declarations left me in turmoil.  

I hate it when people interpret a few Bible verses and tell anyone who disagrees with their interpretation, or those who tell them they feel judged, that they should take it up with God. 

I  think Lori should read Crazy Love. There's a lot of talk about walking the walk vs. talking the talk. Chan might tell them to sell their house, cash in their retirement fund, and go off to a third world country to serve the poor.... 

• Upvote 11

On 5/27/2019 at 4:18 PM, Frog99 said:

Regarding the pregnancy aspect, I don’t see an issue with it. I have known women who worked out as normal right up to delivery. 

I'm surprised Lori hasn't posted a "bikini's are evil" post yet.  There is a quick photo (IG story)  of Alyssa and Jon on the beach in France and she's wearing a bikini -- pregnant belly and all. And before she left, Alyssa posted an IG story with her and her friend on a girls' spa day and again, bikini/pregnant belly.  In that same IG story, Alyssa and Jon joke about whether or not Jon needs a Speedo bathing suit (because it seems the locals wear them)

For the record, I have no problem with it, and even pregnant, Alyssa looks way better than I do. I'm glad she is not feeling weird pressure to conform and is staying true to herself and how she likes to dress.   But I'm sure Lori must be apoplectic about Alyssa's "immodesty" or maybe she's just used to it by now.  But probably why Lori hasn't weighed in on it so far is because she's too busy promoting her new book. All about her!  

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Lori's book is available in Kindle unlimited. Might have to download it just for shits and grins, then write a review. 

I already know I’d just loooove to hear your thoughts! 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Oh I have to buy this stupid book! And then I will send it to any FJer that wants to read it and review it on amazon.

I"m probably going to take one for the team and buy it, too.   That way she can't say my review isn't real. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

On 5/26/2019 at 7:50 PM, kpmom said:

Being "poor" when you're a grad student is worlds different than being poor in your 40's with a bunch of kids and only low wage jobs to work at.

Yes!  and this is one more problem I have with Lori and Ken.  They've never lived the life they are prescribing to all their followers.   But I've lived that life and I'm more than happy to let their followers know that their children may resent them for some of the choices they are making.

I'm the 2nd of 10 kids. We lived in a >90 sq.m. That's up to 12 people living in not even 1000 sq.ft.  No lawn or garden because we lived in an old building in a narrow street right in the middle of the city. 

My parents didn't believe in BC. My mom did the homemaking thing Lori talks about, complete with cooking nutritious meals and even baking her own bread (albeit not einkorn...) for years.  

Not only that, my parents were "in ministry", officially for years and then unofficially, so we had lots of people coming and going, even staying for a season.  I remember they once took in a man who ended up stealing from us and disappearing and a woman whose husband abused her came to stay with us several times.   This wasn't always comfortable or something I'd recommend families do, but my father took that verse about sheltering the poor very seriously and he had the last word. I don't remember him ever asking us how we felt about having strangers in our home.  

I think my upbringing has made me very sensitive to "evangelical BS" like the stuff Lori spouts.  She has no business teaching anyone anything beyond how to make a questionable salad or how to write posts that go viral. Her most loyal followers are horrible sounding people.  

As for Suzanne Venker, she's a once-divorced career woman. Her readers are as disgusting as Lori's.  

ETA: @feministxtian, big hug to you and good on you for making your marriage work in such a way that you actually want to be with your husband.  Following Lori's stupid teaching won't make any woman love her husband or want to care for him when he needs her. She'll only be doing it out of duty, as the "submissive wife". 

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 11

Just now, SongRed7 said:

I"m probably going to take one for the team and buy it, too.   That way she can't say my review isn't real. 

YES, that sounds fun (for me, as I get your insights and all the snark without having to gulp down brain bleach myself) but please don’t sue me afterwards. You brought this on yourself! ?

• Haha 4

Lori may actually make some money on this one, cheap though the book is to purchase. I've just seen one woman say "Ordered 10 for our fellowship last night! Will be starting next week."  Another one says, "Will be ordering...and will recommend for our church!"

Lori will soon be selling in bulk!

• WTF 9

I'm now banned and blocked from her IG.  Does this fool not realize I just need to make another account with a new name?  I can make accounts as fast as she can delete and block.  

• Upvote 14

38 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Lori may actually make some money on this one, cheap though the book is to purchase. I've just seen one woman say "Ordered 10 for our fellowship last night! Will be starting next week."  Another one says, "Will be ordering...and will recommend for our church!"

Lori will soon be selling in bulk!

Oh my.... like those ladies need yet another book on "Biblical Womanhood".  

• Upvote 8

I don't know the chapter titles but I think we can all guess pretty accurately what the theme of each week will be. I am interested to see if Lori actually offers practical advice or just makes demands of women with no support as she usually does. I am also curious to see how much reader engagement is required . . . are there worksheets? Journal entries? Does she insert her own advice (ie Norwex cloths in the keeping a clean home chapter?). 

It's pretty sad that Biblical womanhood according to Lori and all its Biblical foundations can be boiled down t a 12-week, 100-page course. It just goes to show how narrow these women's' lives are. 

• Upvote 11

• samurai_sarah locked this topic