IGNORED

Lori Alexander 66: An Assortment of Cheap Whines

6 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I've been watching reruns of The Twilight Zone late at night for the past couple of months.  I propose a new episode where Lori is in her beautiful kitchen making a cat slime salad during a thunderstorm.  A flash of lightning blinds her and she passes out.  She wakes up on the dirt floor of a cabin in the middle of Kansas surrounded by nothing but flat land.  She struggles to get her hugely pregnant self up.  The year is 1870 something.  She's back in the "good old days."  Suddenly, we hear 10 kids screaming and crying.  Ken comes trudging in full of dust.  

You can fill in the rest of the episode!

The 10 kids are screaming because Ken has nearly amputated his finger with a harvesting cradle. It's hanging on by a little skin, but not much more. Hugely pregnant Lori responds by...

Next writer please!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

The bitch Lori would hate it if a woman with a genetic tendency for ovarian cancer took the preventative measure of having her ovaries removed because of the potential loss of "babies." 

You'd actually be surprised/horrified by how close you are:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/05/cutting-off-your-breasts.html#idc-container

She trots out even more crazy in the comment section, actually discouraging mammograms.

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

And why to choose such far babymoon destination? It looks that they are all the time flying or driving, I find it exhausting for a pregnant woman.

1) That's where they wanted to go.

2) What you find doesn't really matter, since it's not you.  

I hate it when people project their own feelings about pregnancy/the postpartum period onto other women.  

I will never forget the look of horror/disapproval on my mils face, when upon arriving home from the hospital (after the birth of my son), I promptly plopped down on the nursery floor (sitting cross legged, no less), to organize the changing table. 

Why did I do it?  I had exceptionally easy deliveries, and feel fabulous afterwards.  Totally bizarre, and I get that- I also make a point not to expect the same from others.  

Alyssa has to put up with enough (VERY PUBLIC) tsk tsking from that hateful shrew she calls a mother.  The last thing she (or other moms) need is some random stranger on the internet, bemoaning her vacation choices.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

23 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

The 10 kids are screaming because Ken has nearly amputated his finger with a harvesting cradle. It's hanging on by a little skin, but not much more. Hugely pregnant Lori responds by...

Next writer please!

putting black salve on Ken's brand new stump.

That's all I've got, folks.

• Haha 19

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I worked. But a trip from San Diego to Paris, just for a few days, seems stressing to me. But to each their own.

I worked as well- my comment was regarding pregnant women who worked out up to delivery- in the gym/at home- lifting weights, running many miles per week, etc. Alyssa is very fit and is still teaching barre classes. 

As far as picking Paris as a babymoon location, it is quite possible that they booked the trip before she became pregnant and decided to go ahead. Life after kids changes- it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity (or a once in the next 15 years opportunity).

I didn’t do a babymoon either time, but I don’t see an issue with them. 

I think it’s all individual based on what’s best for mom. Baby number 2 was born via c-section at 2:15ish on a Wednesday and we left the hospital around 2pm that Friday- I was only taking Motrin for pain. We ran errands on the way home, attended a bbq that Saturday, and we’re in church on Sunday. I know that’s not typical but it was my experience. 

• Upvote 5

I had no idea babymoons were even a thing before this thread. I'm assuming it's a thing couples with money do?

• I Agree 9

43 minutes ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

I had no idea babymoons were even a thing before this thread. I'm assuming it's a thing couples with money do?

I’ve had comfortably middle class friends do them, and I’ve had friends who live in a much higher socioeconomic status not do them. I would categorize us as middle-middle class (we can make ends meet but vacations require a lot of planning and saving) but we didn’t do one either time. 

I’ve known of them for at least 12 years- we went through IVF and I frequented a lot of TTC pages. Lots of those moms talked about their babymoons. 

Edited by Frog99
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Sobeknofret said:

Next writer please!

Pulling out a needle and thread. Ken begs her to just let little Suzy run down the way to the doctor's. Heck he might be well enough to ride a horse down. Lori insists she take care of it, after all that Doctor was educated in the city. Who knows what kind of evil city learnings he's got running around his brain? And have you seen his wife? She knows how to read and will get up and talk in front of the church! 

Ken sighs in defeat, eyeing the needle and thread while blood gushes out of his hand. He's seen Lori's stitching before and he can't say that it's too good. He recalls the time she mended some of his pants only for them to split right down the back exposing his behind to the world. He contemplates making a break for it but knows she'll never let him live it down. Lori roughly stitches it up and Ken wonders how long he's got before infection sets in.....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Wow, if that's what you understood, I suppose I don't know how to write my thoughts.

I've been pregnant twice and I personally find that kind of trip exhausting. Just an opinion.

How dare you suggest a pregnant woman might be tired! I'm afraid that implying this means you are being "patronizing and condescending." The connection is obvious. <snort>

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I'm quite surprised Lori A. cited sources in that horrible video (Thanks for taking one for the team @hollyfeller) that are not from christian fundamentalist universities. However, a 20 year old source on the issue of HIV doesn't hold in this context. It's outdated, as research and knowledge on this topic have rapidly evolved over the past 20 years. That's one of the things you learn in university, that you have to make sure that the sources you use to back your argument up are up to date. This once again demonstrates that Lori A. learned nothing in college. 

As to the "more likely to die a violent death", i just can't with this line of argumentation. Yes, let's blame this inanimate object for the violent actions of men who kill women, because obviously men are blameless and women are naturally perverted sinners :puke-front:
Fuck you, Lori Alexander.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

“She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house” (Proverbs 7:11). This verse is about a whore. Her feet abide not in her house. She goes here and there but doesn’t want to be home.

Well, despite Lori's dumb, breathless, FAKE voice, she is plenty "loud" all over the internet.  Stubborn, too.  I will give her that her feet are usually at home in front of the computer like God obviously intended- except for the 2-3 months a year she spends vacationing in Door County.

Anyway, my turn!  

1 Timothy 5:13

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

This verse is about Lori and women like her.  She uses her "ministry" to meddle in the affairs of other people.  She uses her blog to "tattle" and "speak things she ought not".

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

On 5/25/2019 at 6:43 PM, kpmom said:

I keep seeing that advertised when I sign on to Amazon Prime and wondered about it.  So thank you for mentioning it.

Also on Amazon Prime (hope it hasn't been mentioned already), I'd highly recommend "Fleabag".  I'm not even sure how to describe it.  A comedy, but not entirely.  Yeah, that's not really helpful, I know. ?  It's hard to describe, you'd just have to watch it.  It's not "clean" but not "really dirty" either, imo.  I'm not into "really dirty" either.

I watched Season One two years ago when I was in the hospital, and really enjoyed it.  Season Two just came out.  I'm trying to hold back watching it all in one sitting.

Okay, I started watching Fleabag and the first five minutes or so she's talking about questioning if she has a gaping asshole. Does it get uh...less like that? 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Who are the French relatives Alyssa is visiting in North France? And why to choose such far babymoon destination? It looks that they are all the time flying or driving, I find it exhausting for a pregnant woman.

It looks exhausting to me too. I have had 3 children and my 2nd pregnancy was the easiest. My first went well but she sat on my sacrum the entire time that my right hip/butt area hurt for the entire pregnancy. I too am fit and athletic but pregnancy really messed with my low back and hips.  I am glad she feels well enough to travel. 

16 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I've been watching reruns of The Twilight Zone late at night for the past couple of months.  I propose a new episode where Lori is in her beautiful kitchen making a cat slime salad during a thunderstorm.  A flash of lightning blinds her and she passes out.  She wakes up on the dirt floor of a cabin in the middle of Kansas surrounded by nothing but flat land.  She struggles to get her hugely pregnant self up.  The year is 1870 something.  She's back in the "good old days."  Suddenly, we hear 10 kids screaming and crying.  Ken comes trudging in full of dust.  

You can fill in the rest of the episode!

That reminds me of Quantum Leap. That would be a good thing for Lori to experience, jumping from person to person and not knowing if she could ever get home to her own time :D

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

From the comments on Lori's latest doodle:

"Both my mother and my mother in law have always told me they raised there kids and done there “time” and want left alone . They both keep to themselves even now . My mother in law (also a pastors wife) doesn’t understand why I would want to stay home and homeschool our children . Both my in-laws think our kids need put in public school ..."

I think her mother and her MIL may have a point.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

From the comments on Lori's latest doodle:

"Both my mother and my mother in law have always told me they raised there kids and done there “time” and want left alone . They both keep to themselves even now . My mother in law (also a pastors wife) doesn’t understand why I would want to stay home and homeschool our children . Both my in-laws think our kids need put in public school ..."

I think her mother and her MIL may have a point.

Imagine that, a pastor's wife wanting alone time! I am Catholic so we don't have pastor wives but I can imagine it is like being a politician's spouse- in the lime-light for just being married to the person and being asked questions or gossiped about or bugged just to get access to the head honcho. Gee, I wonder why MIL wants to be left alone. 

And who in the hell thinks that when you have kids that your parents and in-laws have to help out raising the grandkids? My paternal grandparents lived on the next farm down from our farm, sure they babysat us some but my parents also paid for babysitters to come to our house. My grandmother worked at the school (just like my dad and mom) so she couldn't have babysat us before or after school. My grandfather was a farmer and then retired, sure he could have but it wasn't his job to secure daycare for us kids. It was my parents job! And yes, on a rare occasion my grandparents, after retirement, would watch us kids if we were sick or stop in and check on us when we were old enough to stay home alone. 

• Upvote 14

I went back into the IG colosseum to spar with the man-boys who will inevitably tell me how wrong I am.

I am almost 60 years old, not married, no children.  However, my mother worked to help provide a home.  Some say my dad should had had two jobs -- he didn't because he was a leader in the church and literally hundreds were saved under his leadership.  He also worked a full-time secular job.  My brother and I are just fine.  We know our parents loved us, and they were there for dinner every evening, and we had devotions every night.  My mom was not pursuing her dreams.  She was providing the best way she could.  She was not part of the feminist agenda as you call it.  She was a helpmeet to my father, going with him to minister in nursing homes after he retired.  She was a biblical women who stood by my dad before he was saved and he was an  unemployed alcoholic.  Thankfully, God miraculously saved him and life changed.  You don't preach that kind of womanhood because it doesn't fit your agenda.  It's transparent that your posts are passive-aggressive jabs at your family and others you know because you don't agree with their life choices.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

36 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Imagine that, a pastor's wife wanting alone time! I am Catholic so we don't have pastor wives but I can imagine it is like being a politician's spouse- in the lime-light for just being married to the person and being asked questions or gossiped about or bugged just to get access to the head honcho. Gee, I wonder why MIL wants to be left alone. 

And who in the hell thinks that when you have kids that your parents and in-laws have to help out raising the grandkids? My paternal grandparents lived on the next farm down from our farm, sure they babysat us some but my parents also paid for babysitters to come to our house. My grandmother worked at the school (just like my dad and mom) so she couldn't have babysat us before or after school. My grandfather was a farmer and then retired, sure he could have but it wasn't his job to secure daycare for us kids. It was my parents job! And yes, on a rare occasion my grandparents, after retirement, would watch us kids if we were sick or stop in and check on us when we were old enough to stay home alone. 

I agree grandparents are not obligated to care for their grandchildren. However it can make for some wonderful memories. I grew up next door to my grandparents. My grandma would pick me up from school and watch me until my parents got home. Good times.

I hope to be near any future grandchildren. I would love to be able to play with my grandkids and spoil them, then give them back.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

@Dreadcrumbs,  babymoon originally meant a two or three week period AFTER the baby was born where the new mother would have nothing that she had to do but rest and get to know the new baby.  A doula might be hired, dad might do the household tasks or a grandparent might step in.  It was supposed to be analogous to the honeymoon in terms that new family was being formed.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

My aunt got this response from her mother and her MIL too.  Our family never did.  The difference was that my aunt was always trying to use family as free childcare, above and beyond what was reasonable and frequently as a last minute thing.  Not only that, my cousins were poorly behaved, and my aunt and uncle thought it was appropriate to blame OTHERS for their poor conduct while they were being looked after.  So after a time, no one was willing to watch the kids anymore for her.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Lori was similar: ALWAYS needing someone to watch the kids but when someone stepped up, there was always fault found with how they watched them.  I'd bet the real reason they want to be left alone isn't that they don't want to spend time with the kids...I bet it's because they didn't feel like dealing with Lori.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I agree grandparents are not obligated to care for their grandchildren. However it can make for some wonderful memories. I grew up next door to my grandparents. My grandma would pick me up from school and watch me until my parents got home. Good times.

I hope to be near any future grandchildren. I would love to be able to play with my grandkids and spoil them, then give them back.

oh I agree completely! I have great memories of my grandparents. We (my siblings and I) would walk down to their house (1/2 mile) or to my great-aunt's house.  I have a lot of great memories and so glad I lived near them.

But at no point in my life did my parents expect my grandparents to help parent us. And I think there are some parents that do expect that out of their parents (the grandparents). 

• Upvote 4

This is from today’s doodle. Lori, there are tons of scriptures about being idle, lazy, but not a single one that says women can’t work outside of the home. You yourself have said it is your opinion that women should stay home. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to stay home while having a house keeper and nanny. 97215D95-28FD-4955-BAE1-CA50956EEC72.thumb.jpeg.47fc66d0e1b255c001f2410ea96773c5.jpeg

Spoiler

3FCCA6C9-7AC7-4C2C-AC8A-983817E00FFD.thumb.png.29a39ff90c08b8fcabddbc60a4945fef.png

Ken always tries to ride in on his white horse but always stumbles. Sometimes when we trust god to provide he does, with jobs. Even jobs outside of the home. Feminism is y the issue here. Women have always worked, sometimes even outside of the home. 

• Upvote 16

OMG!  She is sooooo obtuse.  I've seen 25 year olds who were smarter than some 50 year olds.  Age does not automatically make you wise, nor does it give you authority.  Maybe a 61 year old woman should put her in her place as "aged" over her.  

The Transformed Wife God did, Kendra. I'm an "aged" woman! From Titus 2:3-5: "The aged (those that have passed their magic birthday) women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, (epic fail here as you talk about other people regularly) not given to much wine (a little every now and then isn't too bad), teachers of good things; (snarly is not a good thing) That they may teach the young women (less than 60 and some months) to be sober (no margaritas or cosmos for you), to love their husbands (only for his fat wallet), to love their children (by beating them?), To be discreet (FB, IG, Twitter, and YouTube?) chaste (by bragging about your modest clothes), keepers at home (avoid others), good (gossipy, medding, judgmental), obedient to their own husbands (we know who rules the roost at Chez Alexander), that the word of God be not blasphemed (by making up your own twist to the scripture)."

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

Ken, the Horse of Truth, speaking about Lori:

"...the lone voice in the wilderness of feminism that shouts to women..."

"...one of the lone dissenting voices..." 

Melodramatic much? I mean seriously, give me a fucking break. They really do see themselves as the last bastion of sanctimonious christianity.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

I am so sick of her one note tirades. She got herself knocked up with #2 so she could get her way. She rules the roost, doesn't take care of her husband, doesn't cook, doesn't clean, does NOTHING that would define her as a housewife or mother. But she thinks she can sit on her throne of privilege and pass judgment on everyone else. 

I'd still like to see life kick her in the ass but good...something horrible. Something where she no longer has Ken to ride in on his white horse of truth. She'd never survive my life. I'll be goddamned if I would let her say jack shit. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

Crikey this is a difficult Lori comment to translate.. Let me pull out my trusty decoder and see if I can translate it.... Let's see... By golly I think I've got it! The comment translates as, "I'd never marry a man who'd expect me to work or do anything besides be lazy all day.  Any man who did would face my wrath because I don't care about his wellbeing and what he has interest in." 

image.png

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked this topic