IGNORED

Lori Alexander 66: An Assortment of Cheap Whines

31 minutes ago, ColeJo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

614142716_ScreenShot2019-05-09at3_33_46PM.png.52b052f4a551d98eeb99092146c6cde2.png

Tell me how women preachers don't study the God's Word themselves. Women who went to seminary get the same education as men.

As for women in ministry, I subscribe to the position of the denomination that I belong to (Assemblies of God):

"A reading of the entire passage of 1 Timothy 2:9–15 strongly suggests that Paul was giving Timothy advice about dealing with some heretical teachings and practices specifically involving women in the church at Ephesus. The heresy may have been so serious that he had to say about the Ephesian women, “I am not allowing women to teach or have authority over a man.” Other passages show that such exclusion was not normative in Paul’s ministry."

Every denomination has their problems, but I'm glad that the Assemblies of God affirms women's gift of ministry.

I typically do more research into topics, but a quick google search brought up this timeline: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_women's_ordination_in_the_United_States 

Clearly there is a long precedent for women in ministry and as leaders of ministry. 

I have a female pastor. She regularly preaches sermons that exhort, encourage, and convict me. 

Just because Lori is easily deceived doesn't mean that the rest of us are. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 4

Just like RHE, Lori, you believe you are teaching the right kind of Christianity. The really question is are you pointing people towards Christ or away from him? 107FAC82-AD76-4F16-A0A2-69F393682889.thumb.jpeg.ea91740321bec8bf236596b35f70b8b4.jpeg

• Upvote 18

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

From Lori to that woman with the autistic child who intends to send her to public school because she feels she isn't smart enough to homeschool her herself:

Clearly Monica isn't feeding her daughter enough slimy salads and Einkorn bread slathered with $14 butter.:roll:

I have a child with autism,and I have a long list of very bad words to say in reply to Lori.  

My son has autism.  We "sinned" by sending him to public school beginning at three.  I had toyed with homeschooling before we got the diagnosis, but my husband didn't support the idea and if you're going to homeschool, both parents need to be in on it.  

I've read up on diet, etc, that supposedly "cures" autism.  We tried diet with our son and it was just too stressful for us.  That's not a hill I'm willing to die on.

While we did have a couple of teachers that were mediocre at best, most of my son's teachers were very good ones.  In high school, his teachers told me that they were glad they knew about his faith background (we shared where we went to church and he'd talk about the youth group).  

And while I have a master's degree in library science, I freely admit that I'm not cut out for homeschooling.  I know some homeschooling parents.  The ones I know work at teaching their kids.  They don't just sit their kids down with a book and have them read.  With my son, I'm a perfectionist and he has autism.  It's just a question of, who's going to kill the other first, you or me? ?  

Right now, my son's in a job training program through our public school system.  He is getting experience that I could probably not give him as a homeschooling mother.  Last year his "class" worked at a hotel and a middle school.  This year they worked at the Y and at an elementary school.  He'll be eligible until he's 22 (he's 20 now) and after that, it's a matter of finding his niche.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 23

I attended public school from 4th through 12th grade.  K - 3 was a small Lutheran school, then we moved and it was logistically difficult for my parents to get me to that school.  Middle school and my first two years of high school were a disaster.  The school board decided to do the packet and non-graded system when I went into 5th grade.  I'm attaching a copy of my 5th and 7th grade report cards.  Yes those are checks, triangles and x's as grades.  The packet system was very much like Lori's style of homeschooling -- hand the students a packet and tell them to work at their own pace.  Thank goodness they threw that system out when they discovered that the kids weren't learning anything and the teachers' hands were tied and they were not able to actually teach.  

Lori evidently was a horrid teacher.  I would love to hear from someone who had her as a teacher.

Spoiler

416902255_Reportcard.jpg.2480305ed4ec30f153da9c0133f95b40.jpg

• Upvote 11

Lori thinks Rachel Held Evans died of Tamiflu

The Transformed Wife We can never know for sure but we do know that it's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God (Heb. 10:31). ALL of our days are numbered. I do know she was given Tamiflu for the flu that she got (even though she had the flu shot) and a side effect of Tamiflu is seizures which caused her death. It's a dangerous drug.

• WTF 17
  • Haha 4

I would never want to homeschool because basically I’m as lazy AF. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 11

You all know I also teach public school and her post to that mother made me rage. What will that child get? Possible an autism support room, socialization, speech and language assistance and whatever else the IEP requires...Not to mention a highly trained special education teacher. Education has changed so much and she only taught two years anyway....That stupid bitch isn't fit to judge any of the many wonderful people I work with everyday.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 9

Where does it say that RHE had a flu shot? I will admit that the vaccine isn't 100%. I even got the flu after getting vaccinated. Her immune system was taxed because she had the flu, a UTI, and an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. It can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. 

It is not unheard of for the flu to result in neurological complications. Tamiflu is likely administered at its onset because that is when it is the most effective. I advocate that everyone (excluding those who have medical reasons not to) get the flu shot. It may not provide a lot of protection, but some is better than none. 

When I got the flu, I would have killed for some Tamiflu. I was sick with a fever for a week (I also had an anatomy and physiology exam) and dealt with bronchitis for another month. I get mad when some people don't at least get a flu vaccination and subject everyone to the flu. I may not have a compromised immune system, but my lungs suffer.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 2

I didn't read the last 3 or so pages of the previous Lori thread.  I was too angry at Lori, her crap, her followers, her stupidity, arrogance, racism, hate, etc etc etc.

I may get mad at her again and not read this thread much, but one thing I can tell is that she never changes.  Unless you want to count getting worse!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

@SongRed7 "Another odd bird is Flicka Johnson....she has the most odd stories" Yes she is.  It's like Lady Virtue and Lady Lydia had a baby. As far as I can tell Flicka is her real name - like "My friend Flicka" the novel and TV show -- about a horse.

Lori is yet again flogging the "RHE was an awful person and is burning in Hell right now and who cares if her family is grieving" trope.  I thought she had made her last comment. Hah!.  Ah but she's just posting another person's article condemning RHE and then commenting and agreeing with all the people while are saying 'right on' about the article.

Lori is also, again, flogging her God's command that if you don't home school it's a sin. Reminding us that, and I quote, she was "sick as a dog" when she homeschooled her children for years. Years I tell ya, years.

OMG  Severine has now told us she's a credentialed teacher (and btw I'm a penguin).  Lori is also touting her teaching credentials.  Listen Lori  -- while you may have had credentials once, that was 35 years ago.  They are long since expired and are hopelessly out of date.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 20
  • Love 2

I was never bullied when I went out for school. I made some wonderful friends. I was however bullied by family and other home schooled kids from church. Just because you send your kids to school doesn’t mean you don’t teach them things. My mom made sure I knew evolution was false and creation was true. The only real religion is Christianity. My parents also taught me how to manage money, balance a check book, change the oil, and to be friends with with people of different backgrounds and beliefs. To show them true love. Christianity isn’t forbidden in public schools. SMH. Such stupidity from this one, Lori. Christianity is not taught as the true religion but it is taught. D0E9721C-2C32-41C0-8C7C-761CD796D348.thumb.png.9a46ee86b882a63f979d603eac5f6b73.png

Spoiler

3EFFE9EF-4EC7-459C-B436-4BAD68E5CC9E.thumb.png.39653fb9a71fb07026c46a9f6ce16d42.png

Spoiler

12C6994D-974E-4837-B174-B20E41F0511C.thumb.jpeg.61df9eb4212e3d68b847227ec16a71ca.jpeg

Edited by Lgirlrocks
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Lori, Lori, Lori.

So tell us once and for all which parasites did you have?  Inquiring minds want to know. Hookworm? Tapeworm? Pinworm? Loa Loa worm? Liver Fluke? How about Ringworm?  Is that it? Was that it? Ringworm? Ringworm is pretty nasty.

And geez louise Lori if you had these "parasites" for 25 years did you ever go to the doctor? Get a real doctor's real diagnosis? Take real (not woo) medication to cure yourself?  Because no one who isn't stone stupid and is in her right mind puts up with parasites for 25. Freaking. Years. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori, Lori, Lori.

So tell us once and for all which parasites did you have?  Inquiring minds want to know. Hookworm? Tapeworm? Pinworm? Loa Loa worm? Liver Fluke? How about Ringworm?  Is that it? Was that it ringworm? Ringworm is pretty nasty.

And geez louise Lori if you had these "parasites" for 25 years did you ever go to the doctor? Get a real doctor's real diagnosis? Take real (not woo) medication to cure yourself?  Because no one in who isn't stone stupid and in her right mind puts up with parasites for 25. Freaking. Years. 

IIRC, someone here once posted something about people (GROSSOUT ALERT) with intestinal problems expelling  bits of tissue that may look like worms but aren’t. 

Yeah, Lori—WTAF *kinds* of “parasites” were you suffering from?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Did anyone mention MacAllan Tipple as also being in the league of racist idiots she has commenting of her page? He's connected to quite a few of her followers. He seems like he just popped up recently on the page. He is friends with Severine who I also believe claimed to have been a language translator but I'm not 100%. Among his friends is a large number of confederate flag profiles, random generals, and crusaders. What gems. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

@Sarah92 so many of her followers that frequently comment appear to be linked and are white nationalists. I don’t know why I have such a curiosity about them-  maybe it’s the clinical social worker in me trying to make sense of it-I just can’t figure out how they all got connected to Lori’s page. I feel like there is something deeper there. So many of the old followers are gone now- replaced by this new group. 

Its certainly been eye opening to see how many there are. 

• Upvote 13

@teachergirl, my grandson is autistic and my daughter and her husband moved just so their son could go to a good public school for him.  They did not like the public schools where they lived (Memphis) and private school might be too expensive in the long run .  They found the public schools in Olive Branch Mississippi had an excellent reputation so they moved there.  (Olive Branch is a suburb of Memphis).  They know that their son needs the programs for autistic kids at that school.  

@fransalley, the diet has been researched and the autistic kids that are on it don't behave any differently than autistic kids who are not.  Unfortunately, while my daughter does send my little grandson to public school is NOT immune to some autism woo.  She tries to feed R a gluten free or reduced gluten diet.  I wish she'd feed the kid a good nutritious diet and not some fad diet.  At least she vaccinates.  

Tempel Granden, the autistic animal scientist, said that if there were no autism there'd be no Silicon Valley.  Autistic people bring their own gifts to the world.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 12

I am a credentialed teacher. I taught English, various social studies courses, and several drama and journalism electives over 16 years in high schools. For the past nine years, I have subbed in grades preK-12 and taught a little bit of everything. 

I could confidently homeschool in all subject areas through about 6th  grade. At 7th and 8th grade level, I would be  unqualified in math and questionable in science. On the high school level, I absolutely could not teach math and sciences adequately and would not dream of trying. Obviously, I could handle social sciences and English. But kids in high school also need foreign language, the arts, a good PE program, and options to explore other areas as well. Plus the social life and options to pursue activities like sports, drama, music, etc...

As for bullying...the last year I taught in Christian school, the administrator was literally directing the staff to not just allow but to encourage students to bully kids that she suspected might be gay. It was among the last straws that made me finally get the hell out of there. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

OMG  Severine has now told us she's a credentialed teacher (and btw I'm a penguin).  Lori is also touting her teaching credentials.  Listen Lori  -- while you may have had credentials once, that was 35 years ago.  They are long since expired and are hopelessly out of date.

She renews them every year to stay current. Very suspect for one against women working. Why would she ever need them again? She has said in the past that Ken makes her renew them. Must be some sort of back up plan, but wait doesn't that mean they don't trust God! She posted on IG once too a photo of her wall calendar and the only thing on for the month was "renew credential". Almost like it was put there so she looks cool. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She renews them every year to stay current. Very suspect for one against women working. Why would she ever need them again? She has said in the past that Ken makes her renew them. Must be some sort of back up plan, but wait doesn't that mean they don't trust God! She posted on IG once too a photo of her wall calendar and the only thing on for the month was "renew credential". Almost like it was put there so she looks cool. 

What exactly is required in California to keep her credentials current? Does she have to take any sort of classes to keep up with current educational practices? Or is it just a case of filling out a form and sending it in along with a processing fee? I know my husband has to complete a certain number of hours of continuing education to keep his teaching credentials up to date, but I honestly can't see Lori doing any of that!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

@Loveday I looked into it briefly awhile back....I think its basically just filling out forms and paying a nominal fee. Like renewing your car registration. As much as she hates working women or careers she sure likes to flash around her credentials like "look at me I am a cool career woman".  Seems crazy though if doesn't have to do any continuing ed, that someone can not be an active teacher for 30 years and then just sign back up. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

15 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@Loveday I looked into it briefly awhile back....I think its basically just filling out forms and paying a nominal fee. Like renewing your car registration. As much as she hates working women or careers she sure likes to flash around her credentials like "look at me I am a cool career woman".  Seems crazy though if doesn't have to do any continuing ed, that someone can not be an active teacher for 30 years and then just sign back up. 

That is just bizarre. And even more so that she's kept it up all these years while having absolutely NO intention of ever going back to work. KEN may have thought she would, perhaps after the children were grown, but she clearly was having none of that. :snooty:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Lori was credentialed as a teacher but wouldn’t be now. She’s had no ongoing training or professional development- the learning curve would be steep. I don’t disagree that our education system could benefit from reform, but there are lots of positives too. If you only look for negative, you won’t see the positive.  

It's interesting you mention this. I was curious and so looked Lori up today. She has in fact maintained her status as a credentialed teacher. Her next renewal date is 2023. In CA a teacher has to submit an application and just over $50 every 5 years to remain credentialed. If a teacher lets that lapse, then they have to apply as a new credentialed teacher. I'm not sure why she has done this. Maybe she is claiming she is helping to homeschool her grandkids and getting some sort of tax credit? Who knows.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

11 hours ago, ColeJo said:

I graduate this Saturday and I have to figure out how to not lose the knowledge I gained.

Congratulations on your impending graduation! From some things you've said around FJ, I think we may live in the same metropolitan area. I will be attending the BSU graduation Saturday afternoon (my niece is graduating). If you're there, we'll be in the same very large arena! Or I suppose I you might be graduating in the morning ceremony, or I may just have gotten all mixed up as to where you live. :pb_wink: In any case, congratulations!! :occasion-partyblower:

• Upvote 8

Lori at it again.JPG

Brief quote from the article:

Articcle quote that TTW references, more about Hell..JPG

Enough said.  Lori, if you are reading this:  GO TO HELL!

Edited by Liza
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic