IGNORED

Lori Alexander 66: An Assortment of Cheap Whines

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Women usually don’t file for divorce for no reason. 

Exactly.

For cheating men, why would they initiate a divorce? They are having their cake and eating it too! Abusive men won't divorce the wife they are abusing, he looses control! etc. 

43 minutes ago, onemama said:

Exactly!  But it's a lot easier to point the finger and judge than to try and understand the person who filed for divorce.  

It is a lot easier to point the finger. All the stats in the world are just numbers. They don't give the why. A real study on divorce and/or separation would include the numbers and the reasons. Lori is too stupid to realize that raw numbers mean nothing without the context. But then again, she doesn't want the context because she thinks the abused should stay with the abuser, etc. 

Lori Alexander, The Transformed Wife is vile.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

You can't expect to create a patriarchal society with women as the main caregiver of children and then expect the fathers to get them during a divorce a majority of the time. If the mothers are their main caretakers throughout their entire life why would the father expect to get them? Many fathers that come into my office will blatantly tell me that they know almost nothing about the situation with their children and that their wife knows everything. Maybe if things were equal both parents would be equally likely to get the children of both are for parents. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, onemama said:

Lori has it coming at her. Like you, I really wish people would ignore her. That would be the best thing that could happen to her. 

I'm working on it. I watched a few of her YouTubes, but I will not subscribe. I was gonna ask, is it worse to "dislike" a video or to not have any response at all?

I am SO glad this is not a household name where I live. And that I have no good reason to go to California.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

is it worse to "dislike" a video or to not have any response at all?

I have disliked her videos and I posted a negative comment on the one where she says that marital rape doesn't exist. I don't know what's worse... 

I'm no longer trying to engage with her. I don't go to her blog, not even to pick up material to snark about,  mainly  because it's so extremely triggering. I walk away feeling awful!   I had a fairly long PM conversation with @Ken last year and it was completely useless.  He doesn't care one bit about our concerns and he defends Lori's "ministry" no matter what.  

Honestly? I just hope she shuts up soon because this silly "ministry" of hers is a disgrace to the Church and her unloving ways are contagious. 

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

I am SO glad this is not a household name where I live. And that I have no good reason to go to California.

Not a household name around here either (Germany).  I do have relatives in California. San Diego, no less.... ?

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 13

As someone who was born and raised in California, I will say that most people here have never even heard of her.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

1CE7E287-AAA7-4C03-AC52-497B9A98987A.thumb.png.311f2cebeed2c44a8935b1db1f75aa16.png

dads need to be parents too. They need to spend time with their children. Love and nurture them as well. 

Living in a house that isn’t big enough for your family so you can not work seems silly to me. And home schooling, when done correctly, can be very expensive. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

@dairyfreelife, just off-topic:  Where in Southern Appalachia are you from?  I was born around the Cumberland Gap area in Kentucky.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:14 AM, AuntKrazy said:

Quite frankly, I think I am more anti-abortion clinics that are supposedly safe because I think they are an enterprise that takes advantage of vulnerable women.  I think that it is so unregulated as to be substandard medical care - and I am more concerned about that than anything else these days. 

I always think back to the West Wing and Matt Santos saying:  "Abortion is a tragedy. It should be legal, it should be safe, and it should be a helluva lot rarer than it is now."  That's where I am.  I don't think banning it makes it safer or rarer; just more dangerous.

This issue concerns me also.  If one wants abortions to be safe and legal, I would think that they'd want the places that provide them to be safe and give good medical care.  

My beliefs tend to lean right, but one thing I agreed with Bill Clinton on was his statement that abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

• Upvote 9

54 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

And home schooling, when done correctly, can be very expensive. 

I think it's a safe bet that most of Lori's followers don't care about homeschooling well or correctly, they only care about keeping the kids isolated.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

I tried to watch the last video, but when she had to start over, I turned it off.  The whispering, breathless Melanie Hamilton Wilkes voice is more than annoying.  I'm sure when she was yelling at Ken or her children her voice was 900 decibels louder.  Learn to edit if you're going to have a video presence on social media, or get someone to do it for you.  She needs to get a script you because she rambles.  If you want to be a teacher, you need to speak with authority and confidence, neither of which she does.  

I wouldn't have known she existed if my cousin wasn't one of her biggest fangirls who reposted everything Lori put on FB.  I now am convinced my cousin is an admin and is friends with Lori even though they are on opposite ends of the country.  

• Upvote 9

I wouldn't know anything about Lori "The Transformed Wife" Alexander if not for FJ. There are days I wish I knew nothing of her because she really lowers my faith in homo sapiens (I wonder if fundies object to the use of this scientific designation for our species). 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

On 5/17/2019 at 3:11 AM, Sarah92 said:

So many prolife people have such a narrow view on the subject that they don't see the consequences of their legislature  and the devastation it can wreck

I think they do and that's the point -- to punish the slutty sluts forever who dared to make choices about their lives.  

I may be something of a cynic as I've known several rabidly pro-life people whose daughters had abortions ... ahem .... "appendectomies"  Because "we [parents] prayed hard and sought God's word about it. She's a good Christian girl  and loves Jesus. She shouldn't have her life destroyed by one momentary mistake."

It goes without saying these are families with money and connections who were able to arrange for private "appendectomies."

But all those other sluts out there from families without money and connections -- oh yes they absolutely need to be punished.

Edited to add:  thanks to Hane for the "slutty sluts" phrase. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 2

@Red Hair, Black Dress, I had a college classmate whose “emergency appendectomy” was really an ectopic pregnancy.

And let’s not forget that those slutty sluts should be punished by carrying to term and having to give their babies to Good Deserving Heterosexual Married Couples.

• Upvote 11

I have heard the occasional pro-birther claim that the slutty sluts who slut should be forced to marry the father and raise the child, because adoption “allows them to avoid the consequences of their actions.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 10

I'm still waiting for one single solitary man to step and say 'and men should be held accountable for unplanned, unwanted pregnancies.'  Just one.  I will sit here and not hold my breath.  Despite all the men sitting in judgement of  what women should do with their bodies. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 8

13 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I have heard the occasional pro-birther claim that the slutty sluts who slut should be forced to marry the father and raise the child, because adoption “allows them to avoid the consequences of their actions.”

JFC. That’s even worse than my mother’s announcement that, if any of us girls got pregnant out of wedlock, she’d adopt the baby and raise it herself. (This used to be a thing. In fact, the “mother” of one of my daughter’s friends is really her grandmother. Lots of teenaged girls changing schools and simultaneous moms with change-of-life babies back in the day. There are celebrities who learned that this happened to them—can’t recall any names at the moment.)

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, smittykins said:

So punishing the mother is more important than the good of the child.  Well, at least a few of them are honest enough to say what a lot of them are thinking.  :pb_rollseyes:   

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Hane said:

JFC. That’s even worse than my mother’s announcement that, if any of us girls got pregnant out of wedlock, she’d adopt the baby and raise it herself. (This used to be a thing. In fact, the “mother” of one of my daughter’s friends is really her grandmother. Lots of teenaged girls changing schools and simultaneous moms with change-of-life babies back in the day. There are celebrities who learned that this happened to them—can’t recall any names at the moment.)

I’ve read that Jack Nicholson and Bobby Darin were among them.

ETA:  Check out the “Real Life” section of this trope:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FamilyRelationshipSwitcheroo

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

The article below gives a great definition for keepers at home and who Paul was really talking to. 

https://margmowczko.com/workers-at-home-or-keepers-at-home-in-titus-25/

If women want to stay home that great. If they don’t thats great too. It’s all about choice and what works for your family. I would love to be a stay at home pup mom but my bf doesn’t make enough for that to happen. I would also get bored really quickly.12427C95-6E81-4F35-8E46-A28A960B0B86.thumb.jpeg.8b73833da691806cb870ab1ff85dc2ee.jpeg

david makes a great point. I loved spending time with my dad. My dad took the time, when working on something around the house, to show us kids what he was doing. Despite working two jobs he was at every dance/piano recital, sporting event, and important moments in life. He taught me to ride a bike, drive a car, and change the oil. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

45 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I've heard this too. That's one reason more than half the states in the US have loopholes regarding underage marriage.  It's "acceptable" for the state to just have pregnant children or young women marry their rapist or child's father.  There's this idea somehow making a family out of it all sanctifies the situation.  

This shit lately has been making my head spin.  I am terrified for all the children in my family. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

So punishing the mother is more important than the good of the child.  Well, at least a few of them are honest enough to say what a lot of them are thinking.  :pb_rollseyes:   

But it’s not punishment, it’s natural consequences:pb_rollseyes:

“You say you’re miserable staying home and caring for a crying baby all day?  You had to drop out of school, you can’t go out with your friends, and your husband just sits around and plays video games all day?  Too bad, honey, you should have kept your legs closed!  You made your bed, now lie in it!”

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

From this morning's YouTube, another in the ongoing series called 'This Will Be Gone As Soon As Lori Sees It:'

When my third son was born very early, I had two young boys at home and a very sick baby in the NICU nearly 40 miles from my home. My own parents were thousands of miles away. I was able to get to the NICU everyday, but couldn’t stay all day and night. There were troops of older women who volunteered daily to come hold and rock babies. I thanked God for them daily. There were two babies whose parents had abandoned them. One had been there nearly two years. He was unable to see, to hear to eat or breathe on his own. No one was there to make a decision to let him go, so his entire existence was indefinitely that NICU incubator. Those women and the nurses who took care of him were his only connection to the world. I thank God those women were disobedient Christian women and helped those babies instead of just hanging out in the sun playing with their cats. I have a hard time believing that Jesus would have counseled women to be home sitting around playing with cats and pulling weeds instead of helping those in need. There are millions of young girls in prison who were never parented, who will be released with few skills to take of themselves that need counsel. My grandmothers apartment building is full of elderly women and men who have outlived their spouses and their own children who need help.... but I guess your cats are a good option too. Could God have looked at the “home” as something bigger than your actual comfortable home?

(Of course, Lori doesn't really PLAY with cats--she KICKS them. But that's beside the point.) 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 14

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I wouldn't know anything about Lori "The Transformed Wife" Alexander if not for FJ.

That's my story too. And I wouldn't know about FJ if not for the Duggar family. Interesting. Aren't we glad there can't be an intermarriage between Lori's kids and the Duggars?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

41 minutes ago, smittykins said:

But it’s not punishment, it’s natural consequences:pb_rollseyes:

“You say you’re miserable staying home and caring for a crying baby all day?  You had to drop out of school, you can’t go out with your friends, and your husband just sits around and plays video games all day?  Too bad, honey, you should have kept your legs closed!  You made your bed, now lie in it!”

Natural consequences for the man too!   'You say you're miserable having your sleep interrupted by a crying baby at night?  You have to find a job to support your wife and child, can't go out with your friends all the time, and you can't spend all day playing video games?  Too bad, dad, you should have kept it in your pants!  You made your bed, now lie in it!'  

But they sure can yammer on all day about WOMEN living with consequences.  :angry-fire:  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

heard the occasional pro-birther claim that the slutty sluts who slut should be forced to marry the father and raise the child, because adoption “allows them to avoid the consequences of their actions.”

Yes, I've heard that.  Doesn't matter if the father is their rapist.

The only exception to the marry the father is incest. Then it's those slutty sluts "who tempted that poor man beyond endurance. Why he couldn't help himself, with that slut running around dressed in her xxx."  Age of slut was not an issue.  I heard this spoken about a 13 year old.

Oh and in addition to must raise the child, the slut needs to acknowledge far and wide, especially in front of the church, that she has sinned.  And people will feel entitled to talk about what a slutty slut the slut was.

Slut shaming sometimes carries forward to the child -- being identified as the bastard child of that slut who got knocked up by X.  If the child is a girl the presumption is she will "be just like her (slut) mama."  The father in all this  "oh he was just caught by that slut; he's a good boy and she got knocked up to trap him."

Small towns inhabited by small-minded fundie people can be vicious

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 5

I generally stay out of abortion threads but I do want to say that we aren't discussing the reproductive rights of all U.S. women. We are discussing the rights of poor women. A safe abortion for an upper middle class woman (like Lori) would be a plane ride away. 

Personally, I don't like the words pro-life and pro-choice. I feel like its an automatic bias set up to make a blob of cells into a person. I'm pro-autonomy. My beliefs should have no impact on another woman's body and vice versa. I have no way of knowing what is right for someone else. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic