IGNORED

Lori Alexander 66: An Assortment of Cheap Whines

7 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Some of the worst ones probably wouldn't care. :my_confused:

Considering how many of them want the US to be a theocracy, I think they'd be fine and dandy with ditching the Constitution entirely and starting over.  Republic of Gilead, anyone?  

EDIT:  Adding a putrid little speck of garbage I just saw from one of her fanboys.  Guess who liked it?  Yep, The Transformed Wife herself.  Seems pretty clear what she thinks the penalty should be.  

22903847.jpg

Edited by delphinium65
Added something I just saw
  • Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 5
  • Love 1

Last week I was to an afternoon training session to renew and update my knowlegde and one of the topics where the morning after pill. Research indicates that one of them can be used as an abortificant when taken in the at least 7 of this pills at once, since it's not only delay ovulation, but also prevents the implantation of an fertilized egg. My first tought was, there are many desperate women out there who would do that and you can get it relativly easy without a prescription. And while it is safer than the coat hanger, this method can also lead to hemorrhaging

• Upvote 17

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Today The (un)Godly Mentor tells us 'If a woman aborts her eighth month baby, the punishment should be much greater. A teenager whose parents are forcing her to have an abortion, the parents should suffer the consequences,' and 'If we believe abortion is murder (which it is), there needs to be clear consequences for not only performing the murder but for those allowing it to happen to them.'  She suggests 'something that clearly shows that abortion is murder and to put fear into women who want to abort. The abortionists should go to jail for many, many years.' 

In LoriLand who is in charge of setting consequences for actions? Men.  Does she think women should have any power here?  No.  So it seems that Lori is telling men how to do their jobs.   In Lori's world what kind of woman tells a man what to do?  That's right, a Jezebel.  So by Lori's own rules, she is a Jezebel, and needs to repent of her wicked, ungodly ways.  

Also, according to Lori's own rules, why should it matter if the abortion is done at 8 months or 8 weeks?  If it's a human life, it's a human life.  Would she also agree that killing an 8 year old child should carry a greater penalty than an 8 week old infant? 

When these dipshits start passing laws preventing fertility clinics from chucking unused embryos down the drain, then maybe I'll believe it's about the sanctity of life. Until then, they can fuck right off with their desperation to control other people's bodies. 

This is absolutely about them wanting to legislate morality (or their idea of it). Abortion isn't murder, Lori. It's medical care. And anyone who interferes with another person's medical care in clear violation of HIPAA should go to jail for many, many years. ijs.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Considering how many of them want the US to be a theocracy, I think they'd be fine and dandy with ditching the Constitution entirely and starting over.  Republic of Gilead, anyone?  

EDIT:  Adding a putrid little speck of garbage I just saw from one of her fanboys.  Guess who liked it?  Yep, The Transformed Wife herself.  Seems pretty clear what she thinks the penalty should be.  

22903847.jpg

At the same time, there seems to be a healthy group of libertarian, "rah-rah America" types as well. 

• Upvote 5

I am surprised Lori is so meek about not punishing the women on this issue. Because her beloved Rusty Thomas was ALLLLLL about the death penalty for them when HB897 (iirc) came out. 

That bill fucking terrified. I cannot imagine living in a place where I and every other women would never have a CHOICE, even if I decided it wasn't for me. Bills like that make me want to go get my tubes tied ASAP. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

A wee bit of editing on yesterday's doodle. 

Spoiler

Doodle Rewrite.jpg

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 9

22 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I feel like online schooling would be more challenging than traditional text book home schooling. 

I wouldn’t say that “text book home schooling” is “traditional.” (Nor is being “at home all day.”)

I agree with you that homeschooling is not for everyone. But also please understand that just handing out workbooks, not leaving the house, and not having much to do aren’t “traditional” homeschooling. That’s just “lousy” homeschooling.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

The problem with people like Lori is that they think of abortions as a form of birth control.  They think that women go willy nilly after a night of debauchery and unprotected sex, sign up for abortions, and then have more sex, and more abortions.   Arguing with people that this is not the case AT ALL, doesn't work. They really don't see that women and girls have abortions for multitudinous reasons, including rape, incest, and various health issues. They don't see that women and girls can be psychologically scarred for life by having one abortion.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Ok, so which daughter or DIL is sending her kids to school?  

23 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I hated being home schooled. I hated being at home all day and not having much school to fill my time. If home schooling works and kids/teenagers are learning then great. There is not one way to educate everyone. I feel like online schooling would be more challenging than traditional text book home schooling. 

Online homeschooling isn't that hard. There are video lessons and students can call or email the teacher with questions.  

My favorite thing is most assignments are graded immediately. It's also very easy to tell if their work for the day was completed.  In traditional school, parents may not be aware of all assignments and not know until the kid gets a 0.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, freealljs said:

The problem with people like Lori is that they think of abortions as a form of birth control.  They think that women go willy nilly after a night of debauchery and unprotected sex, sign up for abortions, and then have more sex, and more abortions.   Arguing with people that this is not the case AT ALL, doesn't work. They really don't see that women and girls have abortions for multitudinous reasons, including rape, incest, and various health issues. They don't see that women and girls can be psychologically scarred for life by having one abortion.

And if they do recognize that some women and girls are negatively impacted by having an abortion, then all women and girls must be negatively impacted.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Behind the Bastards? I had only heard of her generally before I listened to the podcast. I'm a social worker and I have a degree in history, so I felt like I tacitly understood what happened and how bad things were for kids in that era, but holy shit, I was just blown away by the diabolical and twisted misdeeds of Georgia Tann and others involved in child welfare in that era. Truly, just sickening. 

Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate was about Georgia Tann. It is historical fiction and the book was good but pissed me off. I heard a sequel to the book maybe coming out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

This is why Lori uses the delete button. It’s not from dumbed down education it’s from choosing to not learn. 7F35C765-0B09-470B-8A02-900B69B460B2.thumb.jpeg.d9b7e07c885252f3d3f829f113f67d69.jpeg

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I also don't think her fawning man-boys would support her if she came out and said she wanted a system that shit all over the Constitution.

As long as no one touches the sacred Second Amendment, I kind of doubt they'd care.  Might even be all for it.

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

At the same time, there seems to be a healthy group of libertarian, "rah-rah America" types as well. 

Sure, for men.  But we all know women aren't people with Constitutional rights, don't we?  I mean, if we wanted rights, we should've been born male.

• Upvote 17

45 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

This is why Lori uses the delete button. It’s not from dumbed down education it’s from choosing to not learn. 7F35C765-0B09-470B-8A02-900B69B460B2.thumb.jpeg.d9b7e07c885252f3d3f829f113f67d69.jpeg

Irony just exploded somewhere near San Diego.  Hopefully, no one was hurt :P

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

086912FF-A7F9-4BA1-B113-48321AB0EDEE.thumb.jpeg.af7927854e2049ef61db9212e162735b.jpeg

Spoiler

49A304DA-E105-448A-A49C-59C40308F016.thumb.png.e6c86466e2ecd524f0f6dac8f894a3e6.png

Oh Lori, the pill doesn’t cause abortions. That is one of the biggest lies told to prevent women from using any for of bc. I heard it all of the time growing up. There is always a chance of getting pregnant, because of human error, with any form of bc. My friend new someone who was on the shot, got pregnant, and had a healthy baby. It does happen. 

You cant have it all. You want the abortion rates to go down? Push for bc to be cheap/free, and push for better sex education. 

Its not just single women who get abortions. Sometimes it’s wives that have no other choice. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Sure, no birth control is 100% bulletproof.*  But used properly, and if necessary used in combination, they can be pretty damn effective.  It's not like women we evil feminists just run around getting abortions for fun, or to stick it to the religious right.  When abstinence is not an option (because no, Kenneth Shock, nobody NEEDS to have sex, but there are all too many situations where a woman isn't given a choice, and precisely zero of those situations are the victim's fault), when birth control or Plan B has failed, when the mother's life is in danger, when the fetus isn't going to make it - that's when abortions happen.  

So yes, the best way to reduce the number of abortions performed, legally or otherwise, is to strengthen all of the options before a woman gets to that last resort.  Promote women's health and economic security.  Promote education about autonomy and consent, and about birth control.  Yes, there will still be some abortions needed, because shit happens and life is messy, no matter how loudly Lori "Living in black and white" Alexander screams her moral absolutes.  But there will be fewer of them.

*Even abstinence.  There's a whole religion built around a virgin birth.  Lori may have heard of it. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 11

Here is what I will never understand about the rabid pro-birthers.  who claim to be pro life.  Pro life means to be for life -- all life, all lives. The murderer, rapist, serial killer, thief, drug dealer, "bad" girl who has an abortion, etc, etc. etc.

But here are Lori's leghumpers  (and many many more fundies) blood thirstily calling for the execution of women who abort, the doctors, and anyone who helps in the procedure.  These are not for life people,. Oh no ... they are pro death.

So for these "pro-life" people life is only for the unborn.  After you draw breath, none of these people give one whit about your life.

If you're pro life (assuming you believe life begins at conception), you cannot be pro death penalty, pro war, pro anything that takes a human life. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 6

I'm on a Lori break right now but have seen this stuff about abortions. I vote that males need to also be held accountable for their irresponsible distribution of sperm, especially ones that run out on women when they get pregnant or don't pay child support.  I say the government should charge them with " impregnation with no intent to provide which may result in termination of pregnancy" or something along those lines. Once you start forcing men to be accountable for their actions I wonder where those bills will go. Put them in jail with the doctors and see what happens. I'm certain our current president would probably be at risk for being charged. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 10

47 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If you're pro life (assuming you believe life begins at conception), you cannot be pro death penalty, pro war, pro anything that takes a human life. 

Thank you for the rational perspective. I don't know how Lori and others don't hear their blinding inconsistency. They lament the "culture of death" while calling for expanding the death penalty. They care nothing about the  living. 

395789398_ScreenShot2019-05-16at9_35_18PM.png.2c903703d4555124ecc86cc95f10753b.png

• Upvote 8

I was home sick from work today and I spent my time arguing about people about the abortion on Twitter.  I may be dumber now than when I woke up, but some of the conversations are fucking hilarious.

Spoiler

thread1_part1.thumb.png.50916e5df036bf12497a7bbd6d8c7709.png

Spoiler

thread1_part2.thumb.png.6d966e8e4997eef19f87390e8e212055.png

Spoiler

thread1_part3.thumb.png.98981dfccfd5033f4995bf5a99e78c28.png

I did really well until the "mice drop" typo in that last comment!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15

Won't someone please think about the men!  /s

Spoiler

men.thumb.png.d70edae8cfdea8ad1b105260c4589d19.png

But in all seriousness, it's obvious that some of these folks really just care about themselves.  Not the babies.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4

Kenneth Shock, all knowing because he has a penis, also stated that children in foster care coming up for adoption is rare.

No, Kenneth, no. Almost 25% of the over 400,000 children currently in care are available right now for adoption. If children are so valuable to these people, why is it that there are so many waiting to be adopted?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Kenneth Shock, all knowing because he has a penis, also stated that children in foster care coming up for adoption is rare.

No, Kenneth, no. Almost 25% of the over 400,000 children currently in care are available right now for adoption. If children are so valuable to these people, why is it that there are so many waiting to be adopted?

Because practically none of those children in foster care are cute, cuddly little 100% healthy white newborns.  You know, the kinds that slutty sluts who have unprotected sex should be giving birth to and surrendering to Good Christian heterosexual married couples instead of having Selfish Abortions.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

21 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

all knowing because he has a penis

This should be a threat title - doesn’t suit the Lori threat but it made me laugh ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

I'm prolife, although I'd like to see it as practical prolife. I read a tweet earlier that you can't be prolife and be a feminist and I think that's untrue and narrow. It also closes the door to conversation. I think some women feel driven to abortion because they don't have options. They're aware of the cost,can't afford it, but also don't want to send a child off into foster care. Our country shouldn't be like that. I don't agree with making it illegal and I understand and empathize with the many reasons women choose to abort, especially in the case of abuse and health. We can reduce it by meeting needs and advocating for systematic change. So many prolife people have such a narrow view on the subject that they don't see the consequences of their legislature  and the devastation it can wreck. 

Sighs so many that makes me pro choice/prolife? Idk now that I'm coming to terms with my bisexual crisis I realize that I'm not very good at having a straight, decisive view on subjects ;)

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic