IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

*cough* secret Arndt bride *cough*

The only Arndt I could be a bride to would be Rick.  Or Cathy.  I'll leave the rest to you young 'uns.

11 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Washcloth tossing 

I missed that.  What is washcloth tossing?

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The only Arndt I could be a bride to would be Rick.  Or Cathy.  I'll leave the rest to you young 'uns.

So do you own one pair of tiny white shorts that you wear all the time? Or is your closet full of them, HerNameIsCathy? ;)

• WTF 1
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So do you own one pair of tiny white shorts that you wear all the time? Or is your closet full of them, HerNameIsCathy? ;)

No, but if you go into my makeup case I will deny the frosted pink lipstick is mine! 

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I missed that.  What is washcloth tossing?

If I recall correctly, it has to do with Rick leaving it up to God to bring him his wife.  In the process of making this decision, he had a wet washcloth in his hand, which he tossed as if to say "it's in your hands".  He met Cathy shortly thereafter.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

11 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

If I recall correctly, it has to do with Rick leaving it up to God to bring him his wife.  In the process of making this decision, he had a wet washcloth in his hand, which he tossed as if to say "it's in your hands".  He met Cathy shortly thereafter.

Thanks!  I have a washcloth on my vanity at home.  Soon as I get there I will resolve all of my life's unanswered questions.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thanks!  I have a washcloth on my vanity at home.  Soon as I get there I will resolve all of my life's unanswered questions.

I am shaking away on my magic 8 ball!  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

I personally wash a pumpkin and build a roller coaster out of K'nex for my penguins to find out the answers to life's questions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Elegant Mess said:

Did he ever say where he was when this happened, and why he was thinking of finding a wife while he had a wet washcloth in his hand? Because it sure does sound like he'd just finished masturbating in the shower.

Which might be a logical time to think about finding a wife, so I'm not judging.  :wink-kitty:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Because it sure does sound like he'd just finished masturbating in the shower.

You sure made my announced washcloth related plans for the night sound creepy and weird!

• Haha 12

We got to see penguins in the wild over Christmas. We were on an Antarctic trip, and they would just float by on ice floes. On land, they had no fear of us--or interest in us either. They were just doing their thing, and would waddle right past. It was amazing.

I feel like I've leveled-up, Arndt-wise ;-D

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

14 minutes ago, Petronella said:

We got to see penguins in the wild over Christmas. We were on an Antarctic trip, and they would just float by on ice floes. On land, they had no fear of us--or interest in us either. They were just doing their thing, and would waddle right past. It was amazing.

I feel like I've leveled-up, Arndt-wise ;-D

I like penguins. I’m not a lover of penguins like the Arndts but I think they are cute. However I’m quite jealous of your trip. That sounds awesome.

• I Agree 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like penguins. I’m not a lover of penguins like the Arndts but I think they are cute. However I’m quite jealous of your trip. That sounds awesome.

It was truly amazing. I had a big birthday this year, and wanted something special. Anyone planning a similar trip, PM me and I'll blather on with advice and recommendations ?

(Not Arndt relevant, but we went out from the main ship in small (10-person) inflatable motorboats. One day we boated for an hour or so around an iceberg graveyard (too shallow for the icebergs to move on); another day we were out surrounded by dozens of humpback whales. Being right on the surface of the sea (as opposed to observing from deck of the ship) was overwhelmingly wonderful. Recommended!!)

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, Petronella said:

It was truly amazing. I had a big birthday this year, and wanted something special. Anyone planning a similar trip, PM me and I'll blather on with advice and recommendations ?

(Not Arndt relevant, but we went out from the main ship in small (10-person) inflatable motorboats. One day we boated for an hour or so around an iceberg graveyard (too shallow for the icebergs to move on); another day we were out surrounded by dozens of humpback whales. Being right on the surface of the sea (as opposed to observing from deck of the ship) was overwhelmingly wonderful. Recommended!!)

Now I am a whale lover. I basically love all water mammals. But especially whales and dolphins. I would LOVE to go whale watching. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, Petronella said:

It was truly amazing. I had a big birthday this year, and wanted something special. Anyone planning a similar trip, PM me and I'll blather on with advice and recommendations

The server says you cannot receive messages. It's probably lying; it doesn that sometimes. But I thought I would mention it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

The server says you cannot receive messages. It's probably lying; it doesn that sometimes. But I thought I would mention it.

Thanks! So weird! I’ve never actually used private messages on FJ before, but I’ve seen other people refer to them. I assumed they would be obvious, but I’ve had a look ‘round my profile, and can’t find any references to messages, on, off, or otherwise. Any advice where to look?

9 hours ago, Petronella said:

Thanks! So weird! I’ve never actually used private messages on FJ before, but I’ve seen other people refer to them. I assumed they would be obvious, but I’ve had a look ‘round my profile, and can’t find any references to messages, on, off, or otherwise. Any advice where to look?

At the top of your screen by your name you should see a little cartoon speech bubble next to the globe.  Click that speech bubble and that's your PM box.  

Click on go to my inbox > scroll to the bottom:  if your messenger PMs) are enabled you should see "disable my messenger" to turn them off.  If they are disabled you should see "enable my messenger" to flip them back on again.

• Thank You 1

21 hours ago, Petronella said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I don't know. I just know you get to messages by clicking (on a desktop; I don't know how it works on a phone) on the two little overlapping speech bubbles next to the notification Icon at the top of the page when you're logged in.

Edited by Black Aliss

6 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I don't know. I just know you get to messages by clicking (on a desktop; I don't know how it works on a phone) on the two little overlapping speech bubbles next to the notification Icon at the top of the page when you're logged in.

Thank you both. Sorry to be making this about me (and sorry to anyone clicking hoping for CHANGE in the Arndt household!). @HerNameIsBuffy, I have nothing next to my little globe, certainly no speech bubble. @Black Aliss, the icons I see at the top are a house, a page, a plus, a magnifying glass, and a paintbrush, no overlapping speech bubbles. I've clicked on various pages like "account" and "settings" and the word "messages" does not appear on them. ??? Weird! (I assumed the mysteriousness was due to me being on a phone, but I'm checking on my laptop right now and it's the same.)

47 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Thank you both. Sorry to be making this about me (and sorry to anyone clicking hoping for CHANGE in the Arndt household!). @HerNameIsBuffy, I have nothing next to my little globe, certainly no speech bubble. @Black Aliss, the icons I see at the top are a house, a page, a plus, a magnifying glass, and a paintbrush, no overlapping speech bubbles. I've clicked on various pages like "account" and "settings" and the word "messages" does not appear on them. ??? Weird! (I assumed the mysteriousness was due to me being on a phone, but I'm checking on my laptop right now and it's the same.)

On mobile, you would tap the icon on the far right of the top of the page (it’s three horizontal lines). Then you get a pop-up that has the globe icon for notifications on the left. The icon on the right is two speech bubbles, and that’s for messaging.

6 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

On mobile, you would tap the icon on the far right of the top of the page (it’s three horizontal lines). Then you get a pop-up that has the globe icon for notifications on the left. The icon on the right is two speech bubbles, and that’s for messaging.

There is no icon to the right of the globe. I get only the globe ?

Like this:

B845974D-BF76-41F1-96CE-73A91468AD40.png

Edited by Petronella

2 minutes ago, Petronella said:

I have a smiley face between the globe and the speech bubbles - you don’t have that either?

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

Like this:

B845974D-BF76-41F1-96CE-73A91468AD40.png

I’ll look at this when I get to a computer this morning.

• Thank You 1

On 1/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I’ll look at this when I get to a computer this morning.

Hi @HerNameIsBuffy--sorry to bug you! Sorry to disturb the thread! Just checking to ask if you've had a chance to look at it. I would have sent a pm to ask, but, well--the issue is that I can't! *thanks*

Added Arndt relevance: I notice that in Rick's closed prayer group there have been "3 New posts today 84 in the last 30 days". So he's still active, but not publicly. I hope the public social media silence from Rick means that there have been changes he's not comfortable sharing. And maybe the son(s) behind such a change aren't sharing publicly to avoid public conflict with Rick. That's my hope!

As awful as it is that some kid-fundies only have marriage as a non-boat-rocking way out, what is the Arndt way out? Is there ANY way one of them could leave the house that wouldn't cause Rick and Cathy to freak out?

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 1

I was looking at today's Kindle books deals of the day and something made me think of the Arndts:

image.thumb.png.c31dc1b4328ede1e3cd97b6a90ae5f41.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic