IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

Continued from here...

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I'm so freaking stoked about  this thread title. Thanks, @HerNameIsBuffy!

Makes me sad to think that I probably won't live long enough to see the finished product.  But then again, neither will Rick nor half the manboys for that matter. 

I dunno if you're a Game of Thrones book fan or not @JenniferJuniper, but your comment made me wonder... which will the world see first? Winds of Winter, or Vine Valley?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 13

Posting about previous thread:  Thanks to the person who provided the info from the sister of Chris McCandless' sister.  I was unaware of that, and it certainly adds context to Krakauer's book.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I dunno if you're a Game of Thrones book fan or not @JenniferJuniper, but your comment made me wonder... which will the world see first? Winds of Winter, or Vine Valley?

Winds of Winter (and I haven't seen GOT since the season Cersei's walk of shame - we got rid of HBO)

I also think I have a better chance of getting more episodes of Hart of Dixie or Longmire than Vine Valley ever being completed. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

which will the world see first? Winds of Winter, or Vine Valley?

Another vote for Winds of Winter.  But now I need to look at all the available Vine Valley footage to see if I can spot a Starbucks Dairy Queen cup among the snowy trees, fallen bicycles, and freshly washed pumpkins.

I've been trying to catch up with the Arndt news.  Seriously, are some of the older kidults really contemplating moving to another property, albeit one that is adjacent to and adjoining the Fathership?

If they do manage to move out that will be truly earthshaking news for the Arndts.  My ghast will be flabbered.  Pigs will indeed be flying.   To say nothing of the fact that we will have to have a thread entitled:  "Arndts 6: Some Are Safe Next Door." 

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 25
  • Love 2

They are moving out and dare we hope this means no more bunk beds for anyone?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 6

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And will each man boy have his own room? Or will they all bunk together out of habit?

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I suppose I will only believe it when I see it.  As in the kidults posting pics of No More Bunk Beds and their Own House.

I'm sure Rick (and Cathy) are fighting a rear guard action against the revolution of the boys moving out.  It really is earthshaking for the Arndts.

Free the kidults!  If only to a few hundred yards away from Rick and Cathy and in their own space.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Howl said:

And will each man boy have his own room? Or will they all bunk together out of habit?

It's a 4 bed room house, right?  How many are moving?

• Upvote 7

Will the "Boys Who Move" be expected to have dinner at the Fathership every evening? 

Will they still be expected to do all the maintenance on the Fathership? Continue doing all the Fathership home chores? 

Will they get to keep some of their earnings to maintain the new household?

Will they have any autonomy at all except for sleeping in another house?

Somehow I think not.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Will they still be expected to do all the maintenance on the Fathership? Continue doing all the Fathership home chores? 

Tbf there are plenty of younger kidults still at home and they've never been shy about putting everyone to work around the place.  I'd imagine the older guys (especially if James makes the break) will come back to teach some advanced DIY things but to the larger point...they'll all in the endentured service to R and C.

• Upvote 4

I think they're "moving" for very practical reasons.  Big as it is, that house is not big enough for 15 grown ass adults and a 16 year old.  Just the vehicle situation alone is probably problematic.  

But I'll be interested to see who is allowed to live in the new house, because I'd bet the rent only the most trusted boys are allowed to move.  Mark seems to be one of the biggest koolaid drinkers among the older sons, so I can see him being snitch-in-charge.  They'll all have more space which I'm sure is much welcomed, but unfortunately life isn't going to change for them.  

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Mark seems to be one of the biggest koolaid drinkers among the older sons, so I can see him being snitch-in-charge. 

Totally agree.  At least in the old vids Mark seemed like he'd be Bobby Brady after he became safety monitor.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

I agree that we will get the Winds of Winter before Vine Valley, even if George RR Martin dies before he manages to finish it. 

I hope that the older kidults manage to get some privacy from the rest of the weird crew. I hope there are no snitches, but that seems unlikely. It will be interesting to see how it all goes! 

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

snitch-in-charge

Is this like Charles in Charge but way less cooler? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Can you be less cool than Trumps favorite D list celebrity and Bible Man?

(everyone knows Jimmy was the cool Baio :) )

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It occurs to me that if a few of the trusted man-boys are going to move out they might need a few hints about adult living.  I know Cathy has taught them how to do laundry. clean and cook, but separate bedrooms might blow their minds so:

image.thumb.png.5c1f1975102c43145a80aa05fdc4939d.png

This, my Arndt chickadees is an example of a simple and frugal bedroom quite suitable for an adult male, although it is rather small.  Please note the following:

1. You may eat cake in here by yourself, but please clean up any crumbs promptly.
  2. It is not really a suitable room for birthday celebrations and serving cake to others.
  3. The baseball picture is permissable.  Just.
  4. You might want to make a recording of brothers snoring, farting in their sleep, and other comforting and familiar nocturnal noises before you move to your own room.  
  5. You may only play that recording for a month, maximum, before changing to a white noise machine.  
  6. The bed.  Look at the sheets.  No penguin designs are recommended for men wanting to appear adult.
  7. I picked the full bed because you are all quite tall and those bunk beds must have been cramped.  You will be more comfy in a wider bed.
  8. Please feel free to upgrade to a queen or a king.
  9. Beds can be used for sleeping in and also for sex, although other locations can be used for that too.  But having sex in hay fields is very prickly and not recommended.  Please don't ask how I know that.
  10. Definitely upgrade to a queen or king bed in the unlikely event that you are planning to share the bed with a lover.  
  11. I said a lover not a brother, damn it!  Sleeping with brothers in the same bed at your age is really squicky.
  12. I recommend that you hide all stuffed penguins and lego in the closet if you plan to entertain any non-family individuals in your bedroom.  Openly displaying them might look odd to outsiders and lovers

Come to think of it, I have a feeling we might need to do a tutorial on closets too.  Do the Arndts share a family closet?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 28
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Mark in charge of
Our days and our nights
Mark in charge of
Our wrongs and our rights
Dad says I want Mark in charge of me!

It does fit nicely.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Do the Arndts share a family closet?

No, they don't.

• Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It occurs to me that if a few of the trusted man-boys are going to move out they might need a few hints about adult living.  I know Cathy has taught them how to do laundry. clean and cook, but separate bedrooms might blow their minds so:

image.thumb.png.5c1f1975102c43145a80aa05fdc4939d.png

If confronted with this set-up, the ManBoys would immediately try to contort themselves to sleep on the shelving unit. 

And it would be awkward and uncomfortable, so they'd eventually sigh reluctantly, and let the penguin plush sleep on the double.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

Omg the Arndts fell off the first page. Cannot have that!

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13

• 3 weeks later...

I never check this thread because I read some of it once, realized nothing had ever or would ever change and moved on to more dynamic fundies. However, I just saw a reference in another thread to some of the boys moving out and I had to see if it was true or if someone was making a funny. Color me shocked AND awed! If this actually happens I’ll have to come watch the aftermath and see if things start getting crazy. Maybe they start bowling instead of playing baseball? I’m here for it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

I never check this thread because I read some of it once, realized nothing had ever or would ever change and moved on to more dynamic fundies. However, I just saw a reference in another thread to some of the boys moving out and I had to see if it was true or if someone was making a funny. Color me shocked AND awed! If this actually happens I’ll have to come watch the aftermath and see if things start getting crazy. Maybe they start bowling instead of playing baseball? I’m here for it. 

With the apparent speed which the Arndts seem to move at, you can expect to see one of the boys who has moved into the new family home  (since I don't think it's an independent thing) getting a girlfriend in about 4 years. The relationship won't last however, beyond the first trip to the malt shoppe.

• Upvote 5

On 5/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, Palimpsest said:

....  My ghast will be flabbered.  Pigs will indeed be flying.   To say nothing of the fact that we will have to have a thread entitled:  "Arndts 6: Some Are Safe Next Door." 

@Palimpsest, I am going to use “my ghast is flabbered” early and often. Thank you in advance for presenting it here!!!  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 5

Wait. What?! Some of the middle-aged boys are leaving the nest being allowed to bunk in a tree fort (NO GIRLS ALLOWED) at night? Pastor Rick and Cathy may regret such hands-off parenting. What if one of the boys decides to have his birthday cake in his own room? What then??

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic