IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

Wait, one of them’s a personal trainer??? Somehow finding out they’re photographers who travel as well as at least one of them working as a personal trainer increases the creep factor of all of them living at home (or next door).

I’m agreeing more and more that@JermajestyDuggar ‘s theory that at least a few of them live secret lives has to be true. There’s no way that blog accurately reflects the truth, right?! (It’s a rhetorical question because yes, it’s also possible they are just as odd & creepy as the blog makes them seem.)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 6/27/2019 at 8:46 AM, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Decided to jump into this thread for the first time, but I want to start at the beginning.  I can't see anything before May 2016. Is that the first thread? I really suck at navigating Free Jinger so thanks for any replies. ✌️

You can also see the TLC Kids By The Dozen episode featuring the Arndts here. It's from 12 years ago, I believe. Very little has changed since then, other than a few of the manboys moving to an annex on the property, the wedding photography business, and the penguin love.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

From what I can tell through my embarrassing lurkdom over the years ?, Luke is not a personal trainer but attends group classes. Seth used to attend a lot of them as well. It’s possible Luke may occasionally fill in but I don’t think he is an instructor or trainer in any way. The classes he attends tend to be composed primarily of women, but most of the attendees from what I can tell seem to be married or in a relationship. *Womp, womp* 

Luke appears to be one of the Arndts who is most into exercise. Either that or he has a lot more time on his hands than some of the others. Most of these classes are/were offered through their local YMCA which they’ve shown on their  tv show. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

36 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

Luke appears to be one of the Arndts who is most into exercise. Either that or he has a lot more time on his hands than some of the others. Most of these classes are/were offered through their local YMCA which they’ve shown on their  tv show. 

Luke was obese as a teen.  His years-long diary used to be posted on the famteam site.  It sounded as though he felt a great deal of shame over it.  I have little doubt his parents played a major role in that.  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

I remember seeing a picture of Luke back then, and if I remember right Paul also had weight issues in his teens. 

I didn’t know who The Arndts were when those diaries were up, that’s really unfortunate to hear about that and makes sense for why they are so into it. Though I also get the sense Luke is a (fundie) flirt, knows he’s attractive and enjoys being around ladies, so I think these workout classes are a huge win for him all the way around.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gustava said:

I think they are all still virgins.

Even Mom and Dad?  Now that would be a story.  ;)

• Haha 9

In that screenshot of Luke’s social media, doesn’t his profile picture show him with his arms around a woman?

28 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

In that screenshot of Luke’s social media, doesn’t his profile picture show him with his arms around a woman?

That's his sister... 

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2

OK, so I'm new to the Arndt world; I looked for an intro article but didn't find one. What's the deal with "penguin love"?

• Haha 1

So many fundie families pose with opposite sex siblings like they are a couple. The Arndts, Wissmanns, Rods, Bontragers, And even the Maxwell’s did a photo shoot where the three unmarried girls and boys posed together like couples. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Antipatriarch said:

OK, so I'm new to the Arndt world; I looked for an intro article but didn't find one. What's the deal with "penguin love"?

The manboys love penguins, at least they've featured penguins in their postings many times. I recall a video one shot of some of the boys using a drone to deliver a stuffed penguin to their sister, Mary Elizabeth (AKA Wizzie). Of course, mama Cathy, she of the white short shorts, had to grab it from her daughter. If you dig through some of the old threads in archive, you'll see that video, plus lots of penguins.

If you just dipped a toe into Andtville, you'll want to know about the creepy birthday celebrations for the manboys. The celebrations involve a cake shared between the birthday boy (I haven't seen any pictures of Wizzie doing the birthday stuff), mom, and dad. They celebrate by sitting on Rick and Cathy's bed, while Cathy lovingly touches her son's stomach. I'm not kidding.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

32 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

If you just dipped a toe into Andtville, you'll want to know about the creepy birthday celebrations for the manboys. The celebrations involve a cake shared between the birthday boy (I haven't seen any pictures of Wizzie doing the birthday stuff), mom, and dad. They celebrate by sitting on Rick and Cathy's bed, while Cathy lovingly touches her son's stomach. I'm not kidding.

Wow... :wtf:

Thanks @GreyhoundFan!

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Wow... :wtf:

Thanks @GreyhoundFan!

Here's some more WTFery for you. I think this is the latest Vine Valley (Rick's endless vanity project) trailer. Please observe Rick Fall over about 32 times, including a dramatic roll down the hill, Cathy as Little Red Riding Hood, and Rick tenderly washing pumpkins, all interspersed with manboys playing softball. I watch it when I need to laugh.

Here's the Arndt archive, if you want to look at years of manboys living "Groundhog Day".

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

I'd almost forgotten the random identical bald guys sitting in the woods in lawn chairs. 

Pratfalls and pumpkin washes....Rick is such a tease.  That trailer has been out for over a year now.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Here's some more WTFery for you. I think this is the latest Vine Valley (Rick's endless vanity project) trailer. Please observe Rick Fall over about 32 times, including a dramatic roll down the hill, Cathy as Little Red Riding Hood, and Rick tenderly washing pumpkins, all interspersed with manboys playing softball. I watch it when I need to laugh.

WTH am I watching... OMG :crazy:

That's actually some very nice photography... but that can't save a crazy story. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 4

No clue what that film is supposed to be about but super jealous of those filming locations. They are beautiful. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

The filming locations are gorgeous.  If the project is supposed to be about their supposedly wonderful and wholesome life, it would be a lot more convincing if there were grandchildren instead of creepy birthday parties.  I just don't understand.

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

WTH am I watching... OMG :crazy:

That's actually some very nice photography... but that can't save a crazy story. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

I know, right? The manboys are talented photographers. Unfortunately they are stuck with Rick and Cathy. If Vine Valley is ever released, we will have to have an FJ party. They've done countless re-shoots of VV footage. They are a truly weird family.

• Upvote 8

I just noticed their "show" is actually called Safe at Home.  This would make sense if they were homeschooling most of the kids, but only one is still high school age.  Now it's literally just being proud of keeping adults from leaving.  What???

• Upvote 9

I love love love the trailer. It always cheers me up. It’s the most ridiculous trailer I’ve ever seen and I laugh so hard anytime I watch. It always brightens a bad day. So thanks for posting!

• Upvote 6

That is SUCH a weird trailer. I can kind of see signs of a plot, and then suddenly there's softball footage. Like they didn't have enough footage of the movie to make a 3 minute trailer, so put in random softball footage. And what is with all the random falling down? He doesn't appear to be tripping over anything!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

How old are now Cathy and Rick? I don't want to wish death on anybody, but do you think there could still be hope for some of the boys to find a wife and have a family? Or even when one of the parents should die it will be too late?

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

How old are now Cathy and Rick? I don't want to wish death on anybody, but do you think there could still be hope for some of the boys to find a wife and have a family? Or even when one of the parents should die it will be too late?

He's 63 or 64 and she'll be 60 in January.   His parents are still alive; I think hers both died in their 70's.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic