IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

The electors are going to be counted and Mike Pence is going to choose the alternative slate (you know, the slate that didn't include African American votes) and give Donald Trump - and himself -  four more years. 

Louie Gohmert (R-Axis of Idiocy) is one of the people suing for Pence to be able to select the reliable non-POC electors!  They are "asking a federal judge on Sunday to gut a Reconstruction Era-law in order give Vice President Mike Pence the power to determine the winner of the 2020 presidential election on Jan. 6, 2021."

As it stands, Pence will open envelopes containing the votes certified by each state.  It's ceremonial, for all practical purposes.  Pence is currently skiing in Aspen. 

I'm intrigued by how many of our fundy mega families have boarded the full on Trump crazy train.  Apparently Geoff Botkin has gone QAnon.  Any signs that Arndt-town has gone Q?

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2

The Arndt Family has launched their own streaming channel! It costs $9.99 per month or $99 per year. 
FYI: you can get a 3-day free trial

famteam.tv

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 10
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, BigFam2010 said:

The Arndt Family has launched their own streaming channel! It costs $9.99 per month or $99 per year. 

Streaming Arndt chidult beefcake might get some traction. Rick blathering on? Not so much. 

Sudden flash:  What if they are going to stream Vine Valley in episodes?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Streaming Arndt chidult beefcake might get some traction. Rick blathering on? Not so much. 

Sudden flash:  What if they are going to stream Vine Valley in episodes?

Well, I'd pay 10 bucks to check it out and then cancel.  

But 10 bucks a month for the same old crap they used to have for free on YouTube?  Nuts. 

Must be hard times in Arndtville these days.

• Upvote 11

Here’s some of what’s available...

1. John and Paul reminiscing about Paul’s 6th Birthday....yep.

2. Cathy in a multi-part series discussing parenting topics such as “discipline,” “obesity” and “self esteem.” 

3. Mark in a 6 part Q & A discussing fitness/exercise. (NGL, I’d watch some of these  with the older guys). In one of the video thumbnails I see an excel spreadsheet tracking daily calories and weight.

4. A bunch of old FamTeam episodes, among other quite old content.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 8

8 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

2. Cathy in a multi-part series discussing parenting topics such as “discipline,” “obesity” and “self esteem.” 

and 

8 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

3. Mark in a 6 part Q & A discussing fitness/exercise. In one of the video thumbnails I see an excel spreadsheet tracking daily calories and weight.

I hope there are no hidden obsessions with food/weight/eating disorders going on in that family.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, gustava said:

Might this be marriage marketing for the no longer so young kidults?

I like this idea. A different Arndlet highlighted every week in a 30-minute segment. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Howl said:

I hope there are no hidden obsessions with food/weight/eating disorders going on in that family.  

Well, sorry to dash your hopes, but...

Two of the currently svelte manboys were obese when they were younger.  Luke was quite heavy in his teens and he wrote a lot about it in the diary his father embarrassingly left on their page for years.  (In fact, Luke's diary and to lesser extent Mark's diary have provided the most insight into the family, at least for me, although they were taken down some years back.)

He obsessed about calories and exercise, and even once commented how he admired his pre-teen sister for only going to the salad bar at an all you can eat buffet. Obviously, he is very fit now, but I definitely got the sense he was shamed by his parents, possibly relentlessly.

I've noticed one of the younger manboys has gained a fair amount of weight in recent years.  As we know nothing with the Arndts ever changes, he's probably going through the same stuff with his parents that Luke did.    

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

he wrote a lot about it in the diary his father embarrassingly left on their page for years.

This is beyond horrible and a despicable thing to do to a child.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Well, sorry to dash your hopes, but...

Two of the currently svelte manboys were obese when they were younger.  Luke was quite heavy in his teens and he wrote a lot about it in the diary his father embarrassingly left on their page for years.  (In fact, Luke's diary and to lesser extent Mark's diary have provided the most insight into the family, at least for me, although they were taken down some years back.)

He obsessed about calories and exercise, and even once commented how he admired his pre-teen sister for only going to the salad bar at an all you can eat buffet. Obviously, he is very fit now, but I definitely got the sense he was shamed by his parents, possibly relentlessly.

I've noticed one of the younger manboys has gained a fair amount of weight in recent years.  As we know nothing with the Arndts ever changes, he's probably going through the same stuff with his parents that Luke did.    

This makes me so sad. My heart breaks for those teen boys. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

Happy 18th birthday to the youngest man-boy, David Arndt. Now the family has 18 adult children whose greatest accomplishment is having no life experiences other than being safe at home.  Rick & Cathy must be thrilled!!???

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

I  am absolutely quivering with expectation about HOW THEY WILL CELEBRATE THIS AMAZING MILESTONE.

Oh, who am I kidding.  Different day, same sh*t in the parent's bedroom. 

Has David formally graduated from Kitchen Table High School? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

The last Arndt-boy is 18. That's quite a milestone! My youngest niece turned 20 last year, but she and her siblings are on very different paths than the Arndts. Some of them have a college degree, some don't. All of them are out of their parents' house and working to some extent. (Tough time for having a job in some cases.) Some of them are single, some live with a significant other. One is engaged. They've made lots of changes in the last 8 to 10 years. What has changed in Arndtland lately? Now I'm sighing. :sigh2:

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Riffle. I'm out of practice.
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Maybe Luke will now get married to that mystery girlfriend of his. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe Luke will now get married to that mystery girlfriend of his. 

I have a cousin who married (1st time for her, 2nd for her husband) two days before she turned 49. I don't know anything about her dating life due to our age differences and geographic distance, but I think she just didn't meet the right man for a long time. From their Christmas cards, etc., they seem very happy. My brother married at 54 (his 1st, her 2nd). I get to see their happy marriage more "up-close". My brother either never dated very much, or just kept it very quiet from his siblings. (I guess I can't blame him if he wanted to keep our noses out of his business! :pb_lol: )

If there weren't so darned many unmarried Arndts and they weren't part of a family that seems to support everyone marrying and having many children, they wouldn't be particularly remarkable. But, they are, so here we are!

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
missing word
  • Upvote 13

I've known multiple people who had very few major relationships and married for the first time late in life.  All have been successful relationships. 

• Upvote 6

I had a client who’s brother-in-law married late in life. It was her second marriage & she had a few kids. She told me her Brother-in-law never found the right person till later in life. He also never wanted to have kids so getting married later in life was good for him. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

People make choices that lead them down all kinds of paths. Sometimes they just don't meet the right person. I've even known a couple of people IRL who never married or moved from their parents home and were quite content. A cluster of kidults like this though seems....... weird.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

I can guarantee that if my husband and I got divorced, I would never marry again. My mom was divorced by 30 and never married again. I 100% understand the appeal of not being married. She can do whatever she pleases without checking in with anyone. She doesn’t have to consider anyone’s preferences or schedule. Thankfully my husband isn’t demanding at all. If he was, I probably would’ve been divorced a long time ago ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I'm 40 and have dated a couple people for a total of about a year in my adulthood. I agree it's not weird that some of them are single and childless. It's weird that every single one of fourteen adults are up to 40 years old and have never married, had kids, or lived with a significant other at all. I still think there's something seriously wrong going on in that house for fourteen people to be that stifled. 

Edited by Giraffe
adding words
  • Upvote 21

All of the children of a large family living with their parents until well into adulthood is weird. If they lived independently but they all happened to not be married, we would talk about it, but it wouldn’t be nearly as odd.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic