IGNORED

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

HerNameIsBuffy

Last night I had a Arndt/Maxwell crossover dream! I woke up thinking "WTH?!" In my dream, I was friends with the Arndt family and was given a tour. The Arndt upstairs was dorm style, lots of bedrooms with double beds and a dresser. only 3 rooms had lofts and/or bunk beds. I was so excited to be able to come back here and report less bunk beds! ha! At dinner the "kids" were being sanctimonious with me about me working full-time and I was calm and explaining that being out in the world and independent doesn't mean you need to loose your faith, etc.  After dinner we were back upstairs (another tour?) Sarah (oldest) Maxwell enters the scene and I was telling her how it is great to live on your own and she too could enjoy a nice lifestyle with a salary of $67,000 (no idea where that figure came from in my dream, and for a single person that is a nice salary!).  Then the rooms changed in the house to be some boy rooms and some girl rooms so some how the two families morphed into 1 family.

I swear the only thing I had last night was BBQ meatballs, strawberries, popcorn and a melatonin!! :confusion-shrug:

So to bring this back to what are the Arndts are up to, in real life, I bring to you a creepy invite to trust Jesus and hunger for a touch from God. Prosperity gospel and child predator picture all in one! 

famteam.jpg.c4de7b0236a4afe205f51b17bda69b7f.jpg

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3

That cartoon is beyond creepy.   If you trust Jesus, he'll give you a larger teddy bear? 

I never thought of Jesus as being a supplier of super sized transitional objects, but what do I know? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

How? What kind of psychological abuse have the parents inflicted that every single one of them are still living at home?!? How?? It’d be one thing if even half of them were still at home, but it’s Every. Single. One. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

Quite apart from the creepiness of that cartoon, it isn’t even a good analogy. The little girl’s teddy bear is just the right size to cuddle. That huge one Jesus has is too big for her to carry around and is going to take up half the bed. Bigger isn’t always better.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

8 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Last night I had a Arndt/Maxwell crossover dream! I woke up thinking "WTH?!" In my dream, I was friends with the Arndt family and was given a tour. The Arndt upstairs was dorm style, lots of bedrooms with double beds and a dresser. only 3 rooms had lofts and/or bunk beds. I was so excited to be able to come back here and report less bunk beds! ha! At dinner the "kids" were being sanctimonious with me about me working full-time and I was calm and explaining that being out in the world and independent doesn't mean you need to loose your faith, etc.  After dinner we were back upstairs (another tour?) Sarah (oldest) Maxwell enters the scene and I was telling her how it is great to live on your own and she too could enjoy a nice lifestyle with a salary of $67,000 (no idea where that figure came from in my dream, and for a single person that is a nice salary!).  Then the rooms changed in the house to be some boy rooms and some girl rooms so some how the two families morphed into 1 family.

I swear the only thing I had last night was BBQ meatballs, strawberries, popcorn and a melatonin!! :confusion-shrug:

So to bring this back to what are the Arndts are up to, in real life, I bring to you a creepy invite to trust Jesus and hunger for a touch from God. Prosperity gospel and child predator picture all in one! 

Rick does how many FB lives every day? Holy Moly.

• Upvote 6

Very creepy way to sell the prosperity gospel to children.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

5 hours ago, Giraffe said:

How? What kind of psychological abuse have the parents inflicted that every single one of them are still living at home?!? How?? It’d be one thing if even half of them were still at home, but it’s Every. Single. One. 

It's why I just can't read much of them. Something is really, really wrong in this family. 14 children with 13 aged 18+ and not a single one of them is leaving the house, claims to have zero desire to leave the home or get married and have a family of their own or just have a romantic relationship at all. They do some work outside of the home, have some interaction with others, but yet, none have shown a desire to leave or have just left. You'd think even just one of them would have enough, want more, want to leave and be like nearly every other adult their age, but no. I don't know what the parents have done to them, but something really fucked up is going on. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

25 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

It's why I just can't read much of them. Something is really, really wrong in this family. 14 children with 13 aged 18+ and not a single one of them is leaving the house, claims to have zero desire to leave the home or get married and have a family of their own or just have a romantic relationship at all. They do some work outside of the home, have some interaction with others, but yet, none have shown a desire to leave or have just left. You'd think even just one of them would have enough, want more, want to leave and be like nearly every other adult their age, but no. I don't know what the parents have done to them, but something really fucked up is going on. 

I think some of the guys have secret lives. That’s my theory. I bet a few go out with girls and possibly even have sex but keep it completely secret from their parents and most of their siblings. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think some of the guys have secret lives. That’s my theory. I bet a few go out with girls and possibly even have sex but keep it completely secret from their parents and most of their siblings. 

I really hope so!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'd love to believe that's true.  It should be true.  I mean, fuck my boots, the oldest is a year away from the big 4-0 and a bunch are right behind him. 

But, sadly, no.  I don't think so.  I can't see see any of the older sons having a side life and then deciding to return back to Daddy and Mommy every night.  Surely a (female, of course) lover would eventually embolden him to come out of the master bedroom closet? 

I have some hope for the younger ones, only because Rick and Cathy will be in or close to their 70's when a few are still in their mid- 20's.   Maybe they'll start losing whatever the hell that grip is. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'd love to believe that's true.  It should be true.  I mean, fuck my boots, the oldest is a year away from the big 4-0 and a bunch are right behind him. 

But, sadly, no.  I don't think so.  I can't see see any of the older sons having a side life and then deciding to return back to Daddy and Mommy every night.  Surely a (female, of course) lover would eventually embolden him to come out of the master bedroom closet? 

I have some hope for the younger ones, only because Rick and Cathy will be in or close to their 70's when a few are still in their mid- 20's.   Maybe they'll start losing whatever the hell that grip is. 

I feel like it’s probably happening because there are so many grown men. They can’t all have the exact same personality types to fall in line with absolutely everything daddy says. I wouldn’t be surprised if all of them had at least a couple small secrets. For example, hanging out with a few wedding guests after a wedding they shot. Not getting drunk or having sex. Just making some new friends and staying out late before heading back to their hotel room. Rick can’t keep tabs on all of them at all times. And they shoot weddings out of state. I think they mostly do what dad wants but have their secrets. And I think some have bigger secrets than others. 

• Upvote 9

21 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I've seen this on billboards.  I do wonder why she calls him God, what that is soooo obviously Jesus.

• Upvote 1

Decided to jump into this thread for the first time, but I want to start at the beginning.  I can't see anything before May 2016. Is that the first thread? I really suck at navigating Free Jinger so thanks for any replies. ✌️

16 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

It should be true but all of the older ones having a secret life and still willing to come home and live like kids under Mommy and Daddy's roof?  Highly unlikely.

I can see one or two maintaining a secret life and keeping it under wraps but we have 6 guys over 30.   And a couple more who are in their later 20s.  I find it highly unlikely that all of the older ones would be content with living an adult life in secret while playing to their parents (and their father in particular) "safe at home" fantasies.   

While they are entitled as adults to keeping their private lives private while living under their parents' roof, it's one thing to keep it private as a normal boundary that is understood by everyone but it's another to keep it as some closely guarded secret because one (or both parents) need to pretend that their adult children are still kids and not adults with all that entails.  

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

I wonder if it's just that the parents have done a stellar job of guilting them into believing that the entire family depends on them (supporting them) and they are staying for that reason. Guilt can be a powerful motivator. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

16 hours ago, Inky said:

I wonder if it's just that the parents have done a stellar job of guilting them into believing that the entire family depends on them (supporting them) and they are staying for that reason. Guilt can be a powerful motivator. 

And they did start out life as Catholics!

(No offense to my Catholic friends.  I just know a  thing or two about that brand of guilt

Edited by JenniferJuniper
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, Inky said:

Whatever voodoo has been wrought on the kids, I am reasonably certain that guilt is a good part of it if not all.  My own parents were similar to Rick and Cathy in that they harbored a fantasy the family would always be together, we should stay at home and only live nearby when we moved out, so we could go to the same church and have dinner every Sunday.   They encouraged us to go out and work though they differ in that we all did go to school (as opposed to Arndt kids being homeschooled) and I did complete college. Nor did my earnings support the family so my dad could retire and navel gaze.   Mom worked.   Still they had an incredibly difficult time when I left home and guilt was heavily used in trying to prevent me from moving out.  It did not work though it was difficult, but it has worked all too well with my sisters, something that has affected them to this day.   So I suspect guilt is a lot of it.

And it need not be overt, it can be very subtle and done with the veneer of "we love you and want the best for you" or "we are just looking out for you" that sort of thing.  The subtle, seemingly "nice" way of guilting someone is more difficult to see it for what it really is.   

Assuming that guilt is a factor here, then it raises the question of whether the manboys have/had anything in their lives that would spur them to resist that guilt.  Like meeting someone?   Wanting a new job in another part of the country?  Just wanting to get away from penguins and kid style bedrooms?  Anything?  So it's not just guilt but the lack of something that would make them wake up and want something more than just being "safe at home" and catering to weirdo Dad.   And then acting on it.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 2

On 6/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Decided to jump into this thread for the first time, but I want to start at the beginning.  I can't see anything before May 2016. Is that the first thread? I really suck at navigating Free Jinger so thanks for any replies. ✌️

Lots of threads in the archives

https://www.freejinger.org/forum/263-arndt-family/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Wouldn't boredom be enough of a motivator to get beyond the guilt and make their own individual meanings for living? 

Maybe they all have secret lives and can't tell on each other or else everything gets out.

• Upvote 4

I’m guessing by this photo that Luke does some personal training. I just can’t imagine a very good looking guy like Luke, personally training young women, and never dating. It just doesn’t compute. 

61232111-22CA-40C6-9774-18BCE8944B69.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Hmmm.  That photo is interesting.

Maybe we've been looking at this all wrong.  Maybe the Arndt homestead isn't a temple to male virginity after all.  What if Dad has actually been inviting all those Facebook ladies over for wild, chandelier-swinging  drunken orgies every night? 

Maybe that's how Rick is keeping them all down on the farm!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic