• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Safe at Home 5: Something Happened in Arndtland and It's Finger Lickin' Good!

Howl

Years ago I read an exposé on Opus Dei -- this does not surprise me one bit.  Also, if family with 10 kids is wealthy and influential, all the better in the eyes of Opus Dei.  

I'm especially interested in Opus Dei these days because I sense they may be extremely influential in the in the upper echelons of government in the current political climate. However, they are extremely secretive about who is a member, so one hears very little about them. 

Black Aliss
3 hours ago, Howl said:

Years ago I read an exposé on Opus Dei -- this does not surprise me one bit.  Also, if family with 10 kids is wealthy and influential, all the better in the eyes of Opus Dei.  

I'm especially interested in Opus Dei these days because I sense they may be extremely influential in the in the upper echelons of government in the current political climate. However, they are extremely secretive about who is a member, so one hears very little about them. 

I thought most of Trump's inner circle was protestant evangelical but apparently not.

https://opentabernacle.wordpress.com/2019/12/29/besides-a-g-barr-mick-mulvaney-and-pat-cipollone-are-opus-dei-too/

Howl

There are numerous scarily conservative Catholics in the Trump admin, and as we know, they can be as whacky and out there as the worst of the fundy crowd, but with similar agendas.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

anjulibai

Oh no, did we miss Paul's 40th birthday? It was the 13th. Any pics in the bedroom with Cathy and Rick? 

JenniferJuniper
51 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Oh no, did we miss Paul's 40th birthday? It was the 13th. Any pics in the bedroom with Cathy and Rick? 

I checked out Dad's live on Paul's birthday, which took place with the Fam in the living room, but didn't catch any mention of it.  I may have missed it, but more likely they retreated to the master bedroom for the ceremonies after the live.  They haven't been sharing festivities with us in recent years.  Maybe one of the more hip manboys clued in Mom and Dad that the rest of the world thinks it's weird for middle aged people to be served birthday cake on their parents' bed. 

quiversR4hunting
On 9/16/2020 at 5:18 PM, Howl said:

I guess better they don't procreate and spread their message to the next generation. 

church_of_dog
On 9/7/2020 at 6:38 PM, Cults-r-us said:

We need Arndt-Maxwell courtships stat. The Maxwell girls are used to living in a cult-compound, the Arndt's seem to support education and hobbies, they will get better (altho weird AF) birthdays. The Arndts will get women.  Win-win!

If the Arndts raid the Maxwell compound and take maidens as their own, it may spice up the Moody story lines. Captured and raveged with the Moodys?

Seven Brides for Seven Arndts.

Perhaps the avalanche scene could be staged in Colorado on a 14'er, in order to keep the Maxwell women in familiar territory.

Jana814
10 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Seven Brides for Seven Arndts.

Perhaps the avalanche scene could be staged in Colorado on a 14'er, in order to keep the Maxwell women in familiar territory.

Love this!  It made my day!