IGNORED

Geogia City Councilman: Christians shouldn't have interracial marriages

47of74

Another day, another idiot

Hoschton City Councilman Jim Cleveland defended Mayor Kenerly, saying “she might have been right” to discriminate against the black applicant. Cleveland said:

Councilman Cleveland then went on to explain that he is a Christian, and as a Christian, he has a problem with “race mixing.” Cleveland said:

I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage. That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe.

While defending Mayor Theresa Kenerly after she refused to consider a job applicant because he was black, Hoschton City Councilman Jim Cleveland declares that he’s “a Christian,” and that seeing “blacks and whites together” makes his “blood boil” because “that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live.”

Of course the dumb fuck set is probably saying hell yeah and toasting this son of a bitch with their ice houses and natural lights.

Edited by 47of74
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

Apart from the gross white supremacy, his argument doesn’t even follow basic logic.

What does getting a job have to do with interracial marriage? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Sickening. It’s sad how racist and intolerant some people are, but are still able to hold an influential position.  This idiot needs to be removed from office for hate speech and the mayor forced to resign for discrimination.

• I Agree 10

Moses took a Cushite wife.  Miriam criticized the marriage.  God struck Miriam with leprosy.  

I think God's lesson was pretty clear. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Cleveland's comment about blood boiling makes my blood boil.  I am a Christian.  I have read the Bible.  I have never seen anything even remotely like what he seems to think is in the Bible or is a Christian belief.  He needs to shut the F up and go away.

He probably wouldn't like to admit that it's been pretty well proven that dark skin colors were here first, that skin only lightened as an evolutionary change as people moved out into different parts of the world.  He is beyond stupid.  (I may not be wording that right but I am very tired and my word issues are worse then.)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4