IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell Baby Update: Deborah Carol Is Here

mango_fandango

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And Alice was never called Alice in her own family because her mother (who had died shortly after her birth) was also named Alice and Teddy grieved for her so much he couldn't bear for the name to be uttered in his presence.

So rename her, President dumbass....she was weeks old, not like she had already used it professionally.

They called her Baby Lee and her stepmom (bitch) and half siblings called her "Sister."

Just excited someone else throwing out Alice Roosevelt trivia!

Not really an Alice Roosevelt fan, in fact Teddy and Eleanor are the only Oyster Bay Roosevelts I like.  Alice was cruel to Eleanor and Franklin, mocking them for their looks and physical disability respectively.  The Hyde Park Roosevelts were far from perfect though.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, nausicaa said:

How on earth did I forget about "Esther"? I change my bet now. That's definitely the most likely. "Eunice" is fuddy-duddy even for the Maxwells and "Eden" probably too racy. 

Definitely "Caleb" if it's a boy. I can't even think of another option. "Cephas" or "Cleopas"? I still think "Elijah" or "Ezra" for a middle name. 

Now if it happened to be female twins, I don't know what they would do because there aren't any Biblical "F" names. For twin boys they can use "Daniel" or "David."

I need a life...

I think if they mustered twin girls, they may very well name both with the same letter. And I love the idea of Eden! It never occurred to me when I was coming up with my "E" names. Bethany is the only of their children with a location name, so Eden would kind of compliment that. If they did have to go to "F" for a girl, I think they'd go with "Felicity" or "Faith", despite using it for a middle name for Bethany. Their inlaws do it, so why wouldn't they? 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think if they mustered twin girls, they may very well name both with the same letter. And I love the idea of Eden! It never occurred to me when I was coming up with my "E" names. Bethany is the only of their children with a location name, so Eden would kind of compliment that. If they did have to go to "F" for a girl, I think they'd go with "Felicity" or "Faith", despite using it for a middle name for Bethany. Their inlaws do it, so why wouldn't they? 

Is there already an Elizabeth?? I can't keep at the members of all the "crews" straight.

19 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I appreciate the Claudia love on here! :kitty-wink:It’s weird to think it’s a name mentioned in the Bible. 

Pontius Pilate's wife - another Christian woman badass.  In Orthodox tradition, she converted after the resurrection and is considered a saint.  :)

• Upvote 4

I love that her father once said, I can be President of the United States or I can attend to Alice. I cannot possibly do both! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Is there already an Elizabeth?? I can't keep at the members of all the "crews" straight.

Yep. Anna Marie’s youngest is Elizabeth. Elizabeth also happens to be Ruthanne’s middle name.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love that her father once said, I can be President of the United States or I can attend to Alice. I cannot possibly do both! 

She did have some good "Aliceisms".  Once her chauffeur who was black cut some guy off in traffic and the guy yelled at him "what do you think you are doing you n***** bastard?  Alice rolls down her window and yells back "he's taking me to my destination you white son of a bitch!"  Alice could be funny but she really contributed nothing to society unlike Franklin and Eleanor.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

She did have some good "Aliceisms".  Once her chauffeur who was black cut some guy off in traffic and the guy yelled at him "what do you think you are doing you n***** bastard?  Alice rolls down her window and yells back "he's taking me to my destination you white son of a bitch!"  Alice could be funny but she really contributed nothing to society unlike Franklin and Eleanor.

I don’t think she was noble or giving or anything. But I liked that she was who she was and didn’t give a single fuck what people thought about her. In a time where a woman’s reputation was everything. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think she was noble or giving or anything. But I liked that she was who she was and didn’t give a single fuck what people thought about her. In a time where a woman’s reputation was everything. 

Ever since the fat orange asshole started occupying the White House I've been reading about other 1st families and comparing them to his wives and spawn.  They are the worst 1st family ever.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

Wow. You guys know a lot of Alice Roosevelt trivia, and I’d never even heard of her.   I’ve heard of Teddy of course.  But the presidential history never really interested me much so it’s never stuck in my brain. 

Having said that, I did enjoy the podcast Presidential, which discussed some interesting stuff about each president.  I skipped the last few because I lived it and it wasn’t as exciting. Most definitely skipped the last.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Wow. You guys know a lot of Alice Roosevelt trivia, and I’d never even heard of her.   I’ve heard of Teddy of course.  But the presidential history never really interested me much so it’s never stuck in my brain. 

Having said that, I did enjoy the podcast Presidential, which discussed some interesting stuff about each president.  I skipped the last few because I lived it and it wasn’t as exciting. Most definitely skipped the last.

I only know about her from a recent Dollop podcast.  She threatened her dad with blackmail so he wouldn't send her to boarding school and as a boarding school veteran myself I thought that was awesome and am kicking myself for not thinking of that.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/367-alice-roosevelt

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

New post up with more about baby Deborah.

Background behind the name (from Nathan):
Deborah means a warrior, victor, fighter. It also means a bee—a creature that creates fruitfulness and beauty.

We have traditionally done character middle names for the girls. Carol is a song, a joy. Carol is also the middle name of a grandma and aunt, as well as a late great great grandma’s first name. Our desire is that she would create beauty and joy while being a fighter for Jesus Christ.

Such awkward writing! I can't tell if that second paragraph is supposed to be written from Nathan or Deborah. Both? Deborah has a grandma (Mel's mom) and aunt (Mary) with the middle name Carol and a great great grandma (Teri's paternal grandmother) with the first name Carol. But then "Our desire is that she..." Carol is also one of Steve's sisters middle names so that didn't help either. Lol

Edited by Dru
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I've never heard of Deborah meaning WARRIOR before; just BEE. I wonder where they found that little tidbit? A quick Google search brings up nothing. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

It wouldn’t be the first time a fundie had pulled a name meaning out of their ass.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It wouldn’t be the first time a fundie had pulled a name meaning out of their ass.

I wish fundies would just say, “we just loved the name.” Instead of trying to come up with some stupid meaning behind it. I loved the name Cecelia. Guess what it means. Blind. Lovely right? But I didn’t give a shit. I would have used it anyway. Because I like it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

I've never heard of Deborah meaning WARRIOR before; just BEE. I wonder where they found that little tidbit? A quick Google search brings up nothing. 

Probably the same place Tori and Bobby Smith found that Kade means 'fourth'.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wish fundies would just say, “we just loved the name.” Instead of trying to come up with some stupid meaning behind it. I loved the name Cecelia. Guess what it means. Blind. Lovely right? But I didn’t give a shit. I would have used it anyway. Because I like it. 

My name means lame, as it comes from the Emperor Claudius, who had a limp. Did my mother care? Nope!! Amelia is a very popular name right now, but it’s also a medical term for a limb defect where the limb is absent (tetra-amelia affecting all limbs). 

Interestingly, the name Mary seems to have multiple meanings, from “bitter” to “wished-for child”. 

• Upvote 5

So did Wonder Woman Melanie and Crazy Eyed Nate schedule a time to discuss names fot the latest blessing?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Deborah and warrior both have 7 letters.

Kade has four letters. 

That's where the meaning comes from.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

I think in their awkward roundabout way they mean Deborah means  Warrior to them because of The Biblical figure. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

So did Wonder Woman Melanie and Crazy Eyed Nate schedule a time to discuss names fot the latest blessing?

Actually it's Anna and Chris who schedule naming time. I think they have 1 hour to decide the name, no wonder why they choose such classical biblical names, no time for creativity. Nathan and Melanie seem more relaxed and maybe were allowed to discus the name several times.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I guess it's a bit like "Quad" or "Quartre" or "Cuatro" if you really squint?

I personally think it would have been nice if they'd called him Ellis (his middle name); it's a nice, distinguished-sounding name and (though they'd be horrified to know this) unisex. 

And further unrelated sidenote: I think Archie Harrison is a cute name, but Archie pokes right at my pet peeve about using nicknames/diminutives as legal names. 

• Upvote 7

First the name is awful.  It does not flow at all.  Why not name Carolyn Theresa Maxwell?  It wold honor the grandmothers, there are a zillion cute nick names, and it does not mean warrior.  It means we want to honor our mothers with most likely our last child.  Or how about Dolly, like Dolly Madison who was one cool chick who saved an incredible painting of George Washington during the War of 1812? (They seem to like old school names: Abigail (Adams), Bethany, Melanie (Gone with the Wind), Benjamin (Franklin), Nathan (Nathaniel Hall).  

It it really doesn’t matter what her name is.  Before you know it she will be know by 2 names:  MAMA & WIFE/AUNTIE

• Confused 2

I really can’t stand when people put a lot of pressure on the child to live up to their name meaning. What if Joy Duggar wasn’t always joyful? What if little Debbie isn’t a warrior for Christ? I think it’s completely ridiculous to saddle a newborn with expectations from day one. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really can’t stand when people put a lot of pressure on the child to live up to their name meaning. What if Joy Duggar wasn’t always joyful? What if little Debbie isn’t a warrior for Christ? I think it’s completely ridiculous to saddle a newborn with expectations from day one. 

I’ll never live up to my name meaning unless I break my leg :pb_lol:

• Haha 7