IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

I have put cheddar on pizza, if I am just making it using what is in the house or didn't have time or money to go to the shop to buy other cheese. Cheddar on it is ok, if you use a nice strong mature cheddar but I prefer mozzarella for pizza.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

The recipe Jill links to is actually a decent looking pizza with mozzarella. Fun fact, I never spell mozzarella right on the first try.

I will use every substitution in the world if it means I don't have to run back out to the store when I'm already hungry to buy the one things I forgot. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

When we were in Amsterdam last year, we had been partaking in... ermmmm Amsterdam cafe culture? *clutches pearls* and afterwards stumbled upon a Gouda shop. They had samples of allllll their glorious cheese. Pesto Gouda. Beer Gouda. Truffle Gouda. It was heavenly.

Me always:

530A7412-D5B3-4836-A122-A57885F3924A.jpeg.c09b82b06d2e4539e9dccdc441d05a2a.jpeg

(JK I don’t have a favorite. I love all the cheese!)

One of my favorite movies! It's such a guilty pleasure.

As for the cheese talk I'm a huge fan of pretty much all cheese except blue cheese and swiss. I LOVE a good locally made aged sharp white cheddar. I could eat a whole brick of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, Granwych said:

Ugh.  I tried liver and it had the texture of a sponge.  Good thing Grampwych doesn't request it too often.  

My dad loved liver, but mom despised it. She made it probably twice in all the time I can remember. She and I had something different for dinner while he ate it. 

• Upvote 3

I grew up eating my great Aunt Debbie's chopped liver for all the Jewish holidays she hosted. As a kid, I knew what it was called, but never made the connection to what it is. I definitely could be better and more fearless about trying foods I'm not accustomed too (personally wouldn't be up for trying foods like rabbit or goose), but I can still eat chopped liver because I've always known it.

My husband on the other hand, a bit grossed out by it :pb_lol:

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My dad loved liver, but mom despised it. She made it probably twice in all the time I can remember. She and I had something different for dinner while he ate it. 

My parents were the same way. Dad loved liver and she hated it. She hated the look of it, the smell of it and making it. My brother and I hated it too and she never made us eat it. She probably made it five times a lot more in the later years because the nearby restaurant that used to have it dropped it from their menu so we could no longer just pick it up for him. The rest of the time she offered to cook him steak or ribs instead for his birthday and Father's Day.

• Upvote 1

we don't have cheez wiz in a can here in vancouver. But every time I am in Maui - I always buy one can and take it home.

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

My parents were the same way. Dad loved liver and she hated it. She hated the look of it, the smell of it and making it. My brother and I hated it too and she never made us eat it. She probably made it five times a lot more in the later years because the nearby restaurant that used to have it dropped it from their menu so we could no longer just pick it up for him. The rest of the time she offered to cook him steak or ribs instead for his birthday and Father's Day.

I can't stand liver, but I love liver sausage! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I can't stand liver, but I love liver sausage! 

Me too!  And liver stuffing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Me too!  And liver stuffing.

You mean the meat stuffing that I ate and loved when I was little not realizing what was in there? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

You mean the meat stuffing that I ate and loved when I was little not realizing what was in there? 

That’s how it worked for me.  But unlike hassenpfeffer once I knew what was in the stuffing I still loved it anyway.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That’s how it worked for me.  But unlike hassenpfeffer once I knew what was in the stuffing I still loved it anyway.

Oddly, my mom also liked it too. 

• Upvote 1

We grew up on liver (Ireland in the '70s...). 

Liver, mashed potato and a great big pile of fried onions, with a soft-fried egg on top, yum!!!! :tw_heart:

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2
  • Love 1

Cheese...yum, except for stinky, bitter, mold-infected ones. I just say no to those. Cheez-Whiz was a staple when I was a poor undergraduate, on Club crackers.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Cheese...yum, except for stinky, bitter, mold-infected ones. I just say no to those. Cheez-Whiz was a staple when I was a poor undergraduate, on Club crackers.

I actually like spray cheese. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Cheese > Dillards

In fact, Expired cheese > Dillards

cottage cheese > Dillards

Velveeta > Dillards

Cheez Whiz > Dillards

and all that other gross shit, etc. 

"I don't care how f***ing runny it is! Fetch hither the Fromage de la Belle France!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Cheese is ok. I like it. I try lots of them, but I am not so into the specialty ones. I do love grating my own Parmesan onto pasta though. I also like Hallumi (sp?) which Mr. Outta tells me is strange. It has a strange texture, but that makes it fun!

Mmmm halloumi! We cut it in really small pieces and fry it until it’s crunchy and then we use it instead of bacon in dishes. It’s also really good barbercued. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

We grew up on liver (Ireland in the '70s...). 

Liver, mashed potato and a great big pile of fried onions, with a soft-fried egg on top, yum!!!! :tw_heart:

So you decided that the most disgusting food would be improved by a topping of the second most disgusting food? I’m happy to take any leftover mashed potatoes and fried onions, though.

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I ate a fair amount of cheez whiz on club crackers in my young, poor, dorm living years. Now I grab a can every few years. My kids  and husband love it and I love it and am disgusted by it at the same time. I just tell myself how gross it is while I can't stop eating it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

I sit and eat blue cheese crumbles with a spoon straight out of the package on the regular. I am Queen of the cheese addicts. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

@Iamtheway, halloumi must be the cheese that Diane Kochilas was talking about recently on My Greek Table.  She said that it was sort of like mozzarella and was eaten grilled.  She didn't mention frying it, but the focus of that episode was grilling.  

• Upvote 3

Cheese is my favorite food. I love pretty much all cheese. I put cheese on everything. My favorites are burrata mozzarella (mmmm creamy), brie, goat cheese, gouda, muenster. I love blue cheese but I can't do Swiss. 

I don't even know what this thread drift relates to but thought I'd chime in because I love cheese.

???????????

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

My mom loved Cheez Whiz on saltine crackers. It wasn't even a guilty pleasure, she would have that as a snack when there was a kitchen full of other, better things. 

• Upvote 4

Okay I just need to talk about Derick's mom for a moment, first did anyone else notice how she was commenting all over Jill's post about Derick graduating. I was lady not your post dang. 

okay but really why I came here is because of this picture she just posted, at first I thought it was like a little free library or something and I was thinking cool. then I looked closer and read it's a community pantry. first of all her post sounds condescending but secondly who has a food pantry out in the open in the middle of their community. that seems like a deterrent to people getting help. who would want to walk up to that to get food out in the open. I can see it pushing more people away then helping. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Georgiana locked this topic