IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

Cheese is my favorite food. I love a good cheese plate. I make a mean one with different assortments of meats and nuts. I also like a simple cheese snack the Dutch way with a hard cheese and good mustard. Yummmm

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I'm pleasantly surprised we haven't had an announcement from Jill, and I hope we don't for at least some time.  Jill's seemed to be turning the corner recently, and I've started to think that the combined force of adjusting to marriage, new motherhood, living internationally, coming home, new baby, new "career" path for Derick, and no longer filming were too much for her.  It was A LOT packed into a very short time frame, and I think she found herself underwater.  But I think being in AR and having Derick in various "school"-type programs (the Cro$$Church thing and then law school) have given her some normalcy, and she's begun to find her footing again in her life.  She kind of seemed to lose herself for a bit.

Anyways, I hope it continues and that she's able to find happiness in her life.  And I think not having a new baby and the stresses that come with that will help both her and Derick find something that works for them.  Honestly, I think two kids is probably a good number for those two, and I know they probably wont, but I hope they decide that their family is complete as it is.  

Too bad she marketed herself to the headship as a girl who wanted to live the mission life. False Bill O’ Goods! And because I might have 12 YO boy humor, maybe she was confused between being a missionary and liking it missionary.

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Too bad she marketed herself to the headship as a girl who wanted to live the mission life. False Bill O’ Goods! And because I might have 12 YO boy humor, maybe she was confused between being a missionary and liking it missionary.

honestly the more i think about his and why the hell am I thinking about it. LMAO I bet Jill isn't announcing number three because Derick is gone all the time so no time for sweet fellowship. 

• Haha 1

When we were in Amsterdam last year, we had been partaking in... ermmmm Amsterdam cafe culture? *clutches pearls* and afterwards stumbled upon a Gouda shop. They had samples of allllll their glorious cheese. Pesto Gouda. Beer Gouda. Truffle Gouda. It was heavenly.

Me always:

530A7412-D5B3-4836-A122-A57885F3924A.jpeg.c09b82b06d2e4539e9dccdc441d05a2a.jpeg

(JK I don’t have a favorite. I love all the cheese!)

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

When we were in Amsterdam last year, we had been partaking in... ermmmm Amsterdam cafe culture? *clutches pearls* and afterwards stumbled upon a Gouda shop. They had samples of allllll their glorious cheese. Pesto Gouda. Beer Gouda. Truffle Gouda. It was heavenly.

Me always:

530A7412-D5B3-4836-A122-A57885F3924A.jpeg.c09b82b06d2e4539e9dccdc441d05a2a.jpeg

(JK I don’t have a favorite. I love all the cheese!)

OMGGGG THE GOUDA SHOPS!!! That was my favorite part. Aside from the gallons of beer I drank the whole time I was there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Is it only me who couldn’t leave the knive block on the bench when they had a toddler who liked climbing?  

• I Agree 8

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

But don't you hate all cheese?

Almost all - there are a few in certain contexts I can enjoy in small doses. If the planets align.

It's okay .... @libgirl2 likes it ...she can have mine.  While I hoard the cream soda.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, patsymae said:

OK, Derrick (sp) is a dick. And whatever happened to him doesn't excuse his public posturing as a dick.

But really--I know someone whose father died and they didn't become a dick? My father died and I didn't become a dick? My grandpa died and grandma didn't become a dick? That's almost as judgmental as --whatever it is we're calling however you spell Derrick and Jill these days.
It's like saying--I know somebody who got hit by a car, and they didn't need a hip replacement. I know somebody who had brain surgery, and it didn't make them crazy. There's so, so much about Derrick (sp?) that is disgusting, and I have no idea if his evilness came from the death of his father (personally, I'm thinking Cathy), but it just annoys the hell out of me to always here that someone else's tragedy shouldn't have affected them in an adverse way because hell, it didn't to me.

I don't think it's that people believe his tragedy shouldn't have had an adverse effect on him but that it shouldn't make him go out of his way to be a dick to others. 

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Cheddar cheese is an abomination that I am convinced was invested by accident, someone assumed it was food, and now everyone is too askhamed to admit it is not, in fact, food.

no i don’t have insane opinions about everyday foodstuffs, why do you ask?

I paused to consider giving you a fuck you reaction for this post. I love cheddar, it's my favorite cheap cheese for most purposes! I would only put a little on pizza, I like mostly mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, asiago on my pizza, but I'd blend a bit in. I also just love cheese.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I paused to consider giving you a fuck you reaction for this post. I love cheddar, it's my favorite cheap cheese for most purposes! I would only put a little on pizza, I like mostly mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, asiago on my pizza, but I'd blend a bit in. I also just love cheese.

People are so mean to me whenever this topic comes up.  

I do love one kind of cheese...

7F62ZQf.jpg

• Disgust 1
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Almost all - there are a few in certain contexts I can enjoy in small doses. If the planets align.

It's okay .... @libgirl2 likes it ...she can have mine.  While I hoard the cream soda.

I won't be mean. I knew where this whole thing was going.

I was asking solely for clarification of my random Buffy fact collection. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I was asking solely for clarification of my random Buffy fact collection. :)

I expect no less from our most esteemed archivist.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Hahahaha. I'm so so on the intricacies of your pretrib and posttrib....or the downfall of Vision Forum.

But I can tell you who owns what pet. And who hates cheese.

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

Cheese > Dillards

In fact, Expired cheese > Dillards

cottage cheese > Dillards

Velveeta > Dillards

Cheez Whiz > Dillards

and all that other gross shit, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Granwych said:

My sister loves  the flavors cream and birch beer.  Has anyone tried Moxie?

No, but maybe I will tomorrow.  I've got a bottle of Moxie in the fridge.  It's too late in the evening to open a bottle of soda.  Apparently, Moxie is an acquired taste.  You hate the first taste, the second sip is not so bad and by the time you finish the bottle.it's grown on you.

I also need to treat myself to a good Blenheim Ginger Ale.  

• Upvote 1

You cheese lovers can have my portions as well, just leave me a block of mozzarella (I don't like the shredded kind, way too dry). I get nauseous in the fancy cheese section of the supermarket. ? 

For pizza I am like the kid in Home Alone, just give me a plain cheese pizza. No toppings. One of the best things about living alone for me is getting a whole plain pie just for me. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Cheese...BRING IT!!! Well, except for a few...Bleu, Limburger (shit smells like ass), cottage cheese (I can't get past how it looks). Cheese on pizza...oh fuck yeah...I like a little pizza in my cheese and toppings. They sell a 4 cheese "Mexican" blend here, mild cheddar, Monterey Jack, Queso Quesadilla and Queso something else. The shizz rocks. Slap some of that shit on top of taquitos, heat it up and put some salsa on top...fuck yeah, good eating. 

But, I've said before I don't have an "educated" palate and probably eat all sorts of weird shit that nobody else would. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I like sharp cheddar, White Cheddar, Parmesan, Mozzarella and Romano 

Also Pizza hack, If you get crazy bread from Little Cesars ask for extra Parmesan. Usually they make it fresh  

• Upvote 6

We are a family full of cheese lovers here. The first time my kids had goat cheese was at Costco (yay for free samples!) and they talked me into buying some. When we got home they wanted to open it right away and sat at our kitchen island eating it with cracker while I put away the groceries. I overhead my son (he was around 4 at the time) talking to the cheese. He told it 'Goat cheese, you changed my life!". It still makes me giggle when I think about it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 14

Another cheese lover here. My family and I love cheese. All kinds of cheese. Cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, parmesan, all of it. We put it on everything. We used to pile it high on our home made pizzas using two big bags of cheese. Cheese on our potatoes even mash potatoes. It was so good on almost every kind of food. Didn't like something put cheese on it and it usually worked. Especially on vegetables. During the summer we used to get different kinds of cheese from the deli and meats to make big sandwiches. Or just to eat cheese and crackers. Or just cheese for snacks.  Or dipping broccoli in cheese or covering it in cheese. Ranch is good too but its just so yummy with cheese.

• Upvote 4

@NoKidsAndCounting you are welcome to stop by. I would LOVE someone who gets as excited about it as I do. Bonus points if you have any 70's dishes we could plate it on. The cookbook has quite a few photos and the table settings are so cool.

@Georgiana Iron stomachs needed! Thankfully so far nothing the book has been quite that level of...uhm...creative? I will post photos if there ever is!

Cheese is ok. I like it. I try lots of them, but I am not so into the specialty ones. I do love grating my own Parmesan onto pasta though. I also like Hallumi (sp?) which Mr. Outta tells me is strange. It has a strange texture, but that makes it fun!

• Upvote 2

Did Jill change her most recent post ("celebrating 1L with pizza & toddlers at home!").

When I first looked, I could've sworn there was a pic of Israel half-standing at a table full of dirty dishes, his mouth open so we could see partially-chewed pizza.  Now there's just a close-up of Israel looking annoyed while holding food.  

I've wanted to try Cheez Whiz ever since I saw the Goody Movie as a kid!!! I know it's likely really disgusting, but I can't get the image of myself pouring it down my throat like Bobby until I experience it myself! LEANING TOWER OF CHEEZA!

• Haha 4

• Georgiana locked this topic