IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

Honestly if I had to have sex with my boyfriend 3-4 times a week it would be exhausting and sex wouldnt even be fun anymore. Some couples can do it, hell my boyfriend and I were rabbits when we first were together, but school and work and life got in the way.  That's perfectly okay. But damn jill is a stage 5 clinger holy crap. As an introvert someone being on me 24/7  I would lose my mind

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

And what's wrong with that anyway?  It's not like it's cheating!   I mean, if I'm "joyfully and immediately available", openly jonesin for some sweet fellowship, and they turn me down to do it themselves all the time, that's one thing.  But there's definitely a healthy and hot place for that even in a highly available partnership.  

Agreed! If I'm really not in the mood and he is, I'm not going to begrudge my partner a little self pleasure. It's between that, me being "joyfully available" when I"m not feeling it, or expecting him to do nothing at all.

And if someone is doing that to the point of leaving their partner unfulfilled...well there are bigger problems there than masturbation.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

Saw the thread was hot, so of course she must be pregnant. 

This...is weird and unhealthy, is all I have to say.

Carry on.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20

I'm clutching my pearls and feel defrauded! 

That is a lot of pretty words that spell out a lot of hard full bullsh**. 

Edited by Thorns
Riffle
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

And what's wrong with that anyway?  It's not like it's cheating!   I mean, if I'm "joyfully and immediately available", openly jonesin for some sweet fellowship, and they turn me down to do it themselves all the time, that's one thing.  But there's definitely a healthy and hot place for that even in a highly available partnership.  

Agreed. Honestly I think it's healthy to have a little solo sweet fellowship. Just another example of how little fundies know about healthy sexuality. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Omg that’s the longest damn “be a good wife list” I’ve ever seen. She may as well turn it into a fucking book. Who is supposed to follow all those rules?! I’m exhausted just reading what I “should” do as a wife. 

The only thing that surprised me is that she said “licensed counselor” instead of just “Christian counselor.” There are so many “counselors” in fundie land that are harmful and have no clue what they are doing. At least a licensed counselor “might” have a clue. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9

Clearly I didn't attend enough Sunday School because I don't know what f*ckall this has to do with Sexytimes:

Philippians 2:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Now I need to go rename Mr. Possum's name in my phone contacts to Mr?Fun?Buns?, or similar.

Don't forget to go to bed fresh, ladies!!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 33

Since they are basically having sex every other day, I'm betting there's some form of NFP/condoms/infertility going on. 

I'm trying to bleech out the rest of this.

Also, this is one hell of a way to draw attention to herself in this time of miss Ivy being born.

Edited by Chewing Gum
  • Upvote 41

Oh, Jill... There is so much to snark on in that post, but I've reached a point with Jill where I feel more pity for her than frustration (much like I do with Anna). Her entire Instagram is so "look at me, I'm SO BLESSED and SO HAPPY and I have the BEST MARRIAGE EVER!" and it gives the impression that the person she is really trying to convince is herself. This post is just more of that.

I will snark on the 6 second kiss-rule though, that is just ridiculous. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

Just now, Chewing Gum said:

Since they are basically having sex every other day, I'm betting there's some form of NFP/condoms/infertility going on. 

Also, this is one hell of a way to draw attention to herself. 

I was wondering that, if they are having that much sex, surely she would have been pregnant by now?

Honestly I think derick doesn't want another kid. When he first married jill the idea seemed great because she was the main star of a successful TV show now its a totally different story

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, xenobia said:

Exactly this. And Jill would be VERY worried about me and my spouse if I would write down some of our "house rules". (We don't actually have them written down, but still). Some examples: 

1. It's perfectly okay to not communicate with your spouse every minute of the day. Both me and him are out of town because of work now and then. We usually say goodnight on Messenger, but that's about it. If I sent him text messages during the day (every day), called him "sweet nicknames and things like that, he would ask if I was feeling alright. We're not siamese twins, we're just married. 

2. I'm not always joyfully available. Neither is he. That's perfectly fine, and - dare I say  - even normal.

you are my favorite person today!! Carry on...

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

The six-second kiss thing DOES have some basis in reality, so hear me out. Researchers determined that it took six seconds for bonding/feel good hormones to start when people kissed, and that couples who kissed for at least six seconds once a day had healthier relationships than those who did not. It's hypothesized that it intensifies the chemical/hormonal bond that people share with their partners. It doesn't have to be every single kiss for this to hold true, but it is an evidence-based action that counselors will recommend in marriage counseling. 

...the rest of this stuff though...ugh. 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 17

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I never greeted my dad at the door because that's when Inspector Gadget was on.  

my dad would come home at 2 am in the morning from working two jobs. I was asleep. So there you go 

18 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Also, this is one hell of a way to draw attention to herself in this time of miss Ivy being born.

not if you saw Ivy's toes. lol 

It also shows they do practice something ....or does Derick banish her during that time of the month. . 

She sounds like a cult within herself. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, DillyDally said:

My "favourite" part of that post is where she refers to Bible passages to justify changing things up in the bedroom... ?

Hide contents

Screenshot_20190603-164134_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.dfe1c1eb2ce02e42468aa9903c9f9c01.jpg

What the fuck Jill? You need to be reminded your husband isn't you dad? Eww. Leave it to the purity culture to foster that totally unhealthy relationship

• Upvote 24
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

@Georgiana,  my oldest daughter was a HUGE Inspector Gadget fan!  Several years ago, her husband dressed up as Inspector Gadget for Halloween and their daughter was Penny.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

13 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

The six-second kiss thing DOES have some basis in reality, so hear me out. Researchers determined that it took six seconds for bonding/feel good hormones to start when people kissed, and that couples who kissed for at least six seconds once a day had healthier relationships than those who did not. It's hypothesized that it intensifies the chemical/hormonal bond that people share with their partners. It doesn't have to be every single kiss for this to hold true, but it is an evidence-based action that counselors will recommend in marriage counseling. 

...the rest of this stuff though...ugh. 

What about a 6 second hug? I much prefer that. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 6

Jill's recent blog post makes me think that there are some negative, unhealthy dynamics going on in their marriage.  Jill is basically giving advice on being a doormat.

I feel sorry for Jill, for thinking that this is normal.  It's like she is regurgitating what Michelle wrote years ago (was it on TLC's site or their blog, I can't remember).  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

Man, I feel like throwing up. I did not need to know that Jill and Derick have sex AT MINIMUM 3-4x/week!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 19

I would love to know Jessa's honest reaction to Jill's wife advice.    (Jinger, Anna, and Lauren on the other hand, probably follow all of this advice).

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

• Georgiana locked this topic