IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'd like for Derick to tell us how he is earning money this summer vacation to feed and clothe his household.

There’s no way he’s not going to work this summer. (I think that taking a break until after Memorial Day weekend was reasonable, especially considering that they just moved.) He needs job experience even if he doesn’t need money, and I’d love to know where he’s going to get it. But honestly, if he’s keeping his career off of television and social media, good for him.

• Upvote 18

I decided not to do a screenshot, but did anyone notice that Cathy tweeted on April 22 that she’s finished writing a book?! She said in the comments on Derick’s “what should I write about?” post that it’s about surviving cancer and “all that’s happened since.” 

And y’all, I learned something from Cathy’s Twitter comments! She told someone who wanted prayer for vertigo that it could be Meniere’s Disease and they should cut back on salt. My mom has Meniere’s and she eats too much salt. I did a web search and it looks like it’s true! I’ll nag Mom, who probably already knows and is ignoring the advice.

A lot of comments on Derick’s tweet (including the Pickles exchange) are unavailable, which I guess means he deleted them? He responded to several comments with an annoying “Please be more specific.” One thing that’s still up is that someone said something about having his children around a child molester, and he said “How do you know who’s around my children?” He’s definitely gotten the message that people want to know about the Duggars. I wonder if Cathy’s going to do that for him because he can’t or won’t do it himself?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Oh Jill. I don’t think that shirt goes with shorts at all. I think it’s sorta cute, but I’d choose a (way) smaller size and I would wear it in cooler weather with jeans and a pair of booties. 

E34F14C3-D5B3-4017-AD2E-2E5C29044165.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Oh Jill. I don’t think that shirt goes with shorts at all. I think it’s sorta cute, but I’d choose a (way) smaller size and I would wear it in cooler weather with jeans and a pair of booties. 

It looks like she borrowed Israel's painting smock.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Whyyyy is she still not wearing sunglasses in any of her outdoor pictures? Does she think people won't know it's her?  Lots of people model clothes with shades on Jill. The right pair can add to the outfit, and it ends the distracting squinting. 

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I admittedly know nothing of this clothing or company...  but is it possible they’re almost trying to get attention by having Duggar girls wear things that were outside the modesty standards of their parents? The Jean shorts made me wonder... I’m not even sure if Jill would really like to wear Jean shorts except for this sponsorship... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EyesOpen said:

I admittedly know nothing of this clothing or company...  but is it possible they’re almost trying to get attention by having Duggar girls wear things that were outside the modesty standards of their parents? The Jean shorts made me wonder... I’m not even sure if Jill would really like to wear Jean shorts except for this sponsorship... 

It's her cousin's store. Jill has worn Jean shorts outside of these ads.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, EyesOpen said:

She actually wears those shorts a whole lot. She was wearing them last summer as well, and that was before she started the clothing sponsorships

• Upvote 5

My only comment about Jill’s clothing choices is I can not understand why that while PG, the Duggar girls seem to wear the tightest clothing that draws attention to  and accentuate the abdominal area, yet when they aren’t gestating they seem to wear clothing that is 2 sizes too big. 

• Upvote 29
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Exactly why is being BEC about her style being different than yours worthy of a post? This is not a post about her beliefs, or anything else other than you don't like her clothing. 

From Welcome New Members:

* Please keep the majority of your comments/snark based on the beliefs/ideology/philosophy of the people who you are speaking about.   It is natural for a snark site to have some "bitch eating crackers" (BEC) type commentary and that is fine, but please make it the exception, not the rule.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

Honestly this would look cute with white capris or a pencil skirt..I think the larger style is just how it’s made, but I would personally go down a size. Her “style” isn’t atrocious..Some I might even buy myself and just style differently. I personally don’t understand critiquing clothes(as in style). Different people like different things...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My only comment about Jill’s clothing choices is I can not understand why that while PG, the Duggar girls seem to wear the tightest clothing that draws attention to  and accentuate the abdominal area, yet when they aren’t gestating they seem to wear clothing that is 2 sizes too big. 

I'm thinking because they are the same clothes for each :pb_lol: shirt may be baggy now, but maybe not a few months down the line! Buy big upfront, save the difference by not purchasing maternity wear.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5

I would love to know how much Jill makes for each "paid partnership" with Amy's store (3130 Clothing). How much of an advertising budget could Amy have? She does have a big TLC bank account, and when the baby comes she won't be able to work as many hours there (and she may need to put someone else on the payroll when she's on maternity leave. None of the Lost Girls are old enough to "volunteer" there)

PS I agree that the shirt doesn't work with those shorts, and the squinting is distracting.

• Upvote 5

I would totally wear the top Jill has on.  I would wear the heck out of that thing, and I would probably fit it on myself similarly to how Jill is wearing it (so I wouldn't go down a size).  Looks like a great running errands/doing chores/playing with toddlers shirt.  

But I would personally pair it with something more fitted on bottom.  While doable, it's just really hard to pull off a look with all loose-fitting clothing.  Pairing opposing fits is much easier to pull off.  

That being said, I don't think this look is terrible.  It's a pretty casual shirt, and Jill's look is pretty casual.  I think most people would pair this shirt with a well-loved/comfy pair of pants or shorts anyway, so it makes sense to see it with a pair of shorts Jill frequently wears.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I would love to know how much Jill makes for each "paid partnership" with Amy's store (3130 Clothing). How much of an advertising budget could Amy have? She does have a big TLC bank account, and when the baby comes she won't be able to work as many hours there (and she may need to put someone else on the payroll when she's on maternity leave. None of the Lost Girls are old enough to "volunteer" there)

I've said it before on one of the Duggar threads: Jill may not get any money from these paid partnerships with Amy's store. She may just get some free clothes out of the deal (and in fact, I think that's by far the most likely scenario). Per the FTC rules, Jill has to label it as a paid partnership even if no cash changes hands, as long as she receives free products in exchange for publicity. Here is a good breadown of the rules.

TLDR of the article: Most of the Duggars and Bateses don't properly disclose paid partnerships. Jill is actually the only one doing mostly a good job with this, so I'll give her props for that.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Little Sam is going to be 2 next month! Swear I always think he is so tiny in my mind, closer to 9-15 months lol

At this point, assuming she’s not pregnant, she will have at least a 3-3.5 year gap between kids. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

On 5/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, SassyPants said:

In other words, no one should assume baggy clothes means hiding a baby bump. If a Duggar lady wears a skin tight top, then we know she’s pregnant.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Jill doesn't know how to dress herself so I won't assume baggy = pregnant on her. She just has bad taste .

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Whether or not Jill is pregnant, I feel she wants us to think she is. This may be a bit crazy, but several of her last outfits plus her picture at Amy's boutique with her bag in front of her stomach definitely stir up "is she pregnant" questions. Knowing the Dillards, they are eating it up.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

So who IS pregnant? Jessa just delivered.... Joy? Kendra? Anna? Lauren? Did I get them all?

And is cousin Amy pregnant?

• Upvote 2

@Four is Enough yes for now that's all. There is some rumours around Tumblr that Jill may be pregnant or at least hinting at a pregnancy, but nothing else 

• Upvote 3

Maybe prolonged nursing really does help Jill from getting pregnant. It seems that she's still nursing Sam (IG vid) and we were pretty sure that she nursed Israel a long time, too. I have had friends that swear by this method (I KNOWWWW) and others who get pregnant pretty quickly and nurse throughout pregnancy and then tandem. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Maybe prolonged nursing really does help Jill from getting pregnant. It seems that she's still nursing Sam (IG vid) and we were pretty sure that she nursed Israel a long time, too. 

I'm glad she has rejected the Michelle method where you wean the babies at six months (and get knocked up immediately).  It shocks me how much Jill has become one of the more independent Duggars. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

Jill just made a blog post about ways to love your husband. It’s weird tbh, as expected. And It kinda reminded me of something Lori would write.

I mean....

Spoiler

52FB9081-28CA-4620-A165-2FD857D18641.thumb.jpeg.4991eeb4193fb14b20bc4e0303eabb02.jpeg

752F1494-296F-4F8F-BB4D-660F56CD7309.thumb.jpeg.be1941e32fda4aa0290a6d6f75dc45a0.jpeg

1259FD93-D505-4667-890B-8B2AF8C645CF.thumb.jpeg.924083a368c947869d4512ef69ad1ded.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 16
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 11
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 5

Now I'm imagining they use a kiss countdown timer.

That last one is surprisingly disturbing to me, considering it's pretty tame. I don't like that lotion visual. :puke-front:

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5

• Georgiana locked this topic