IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

1 hour ago, finnlassie said:

I mean, I jokingly say I'm going on dates with my friends (just banter between some of us, I don't do it with just any random friend) but I'd never say I'm on a date with my... family members. They're outings and gatherings!

The word “date” doesn’t have romantic connotations for me personally. I’ll say my daughter is going on a special lunch date with mom or dad because a date to me is more of an outing with people or a person you care about, not necessarily someone you’re romantically linked to. I wouldn’t use the term online or outside my family though just because I know other people have different thoughts about it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I think the reason it's  so creepy with fundies is because they only use that word when it's a daddy/daughter, mommy/son thing.  They don't call it a date when a mom and daughter go out, nor do they call it a date when a father and son go out.  It looses the sexual/romantic vibes if they were to use it across the board, but they don't. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 10

5 hours ago, treehugger said:

I think the reason it's  so creepy with fundies is because they only use that word when it's a daddy/daughter, mommy/son thing.  They don't call it a date when a mom and daughter go out, nor do they call it a date when a father and son go out.  It looses the sexual/romantic vibes if they were to use it across the board, but they don't. 

Agreed, I also think what was particularly uncomfortable in my mind was the context he used it in. I've definitely talked about friend dates before but I don't directly compare them to a date with my husband. 

I think by him saying he was going on a date with Priss and up until then the only dates he had been on were with his mom/sisters kind of didn't do much to distinguish the two. Have friend dates, have daddy daughter, mother daughter, father son, mother son etc dates. But maybe don't directly compare them to a date with your soon to be wife. 

• Upvote 17

And also, if he calls it dates with his mom and sisters but not with his dad/friends/brothers then it becomes creepy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

David literally said “yourdenominational tag with either fall off on the way to heaven or burn off on the way to hell” 

can some please explain that load of codswallop?

• Upvote 2

Don't forget the Rodrigues kids going on dates with each other "while they wait for their chaste, godly mates"!

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 6
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

9 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick needs our help! 

I would like him to write about how the lives of living, breathing women are more important than that of a fetus. Or maybe how the death penalty is wrong. Or about the lives of migrant children at the border being lost due to inhumane policies.

But we know he wont.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

29 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick needs our help! 

Why he’s so unreasonably obsessed with other people’s genitals. I would absolutely love to see him try to find an explanation that doesn’t also make him look like the massive tool he is.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick needs our help! 

Why are he and Jill such dumpster fires?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why are he and Jill such dumpster fires?

Because they’re fundamentalists.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

Umm, isn’t seeking inspiration from your followers, instead of God, a bit too worldly?

Dillwank is just bored and wants to stir shit up again.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I’d like to see his financials, much like Trump’s, they don’t seem to add up.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 5

I'm getting a lot of "This tweet is unavailable" on that thread of Derick's.  Is he deleting responses?  Or is it Cathy?  I ask about Cathy because she's had me blocked for years because I was mean to her son on HIS feed.  :D  

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 5

I never got into twitter. I tried when I studied to become a primary teacher, but it was so tedious. Is it full of drama?

23 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick needs our help! 

I’d like him to write about

- why it MATTERS as a parent not to endorse corporal punishment aka physical violence towards children so their LIFE isn’t shaped by pain and fear 

- why it MATTERS to leave fundamentalism and patriarchy and share with us his steps to live a cult-free LIFE

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Since they have sooooo much experience with Central and South America, I would love for them to actually stand up and speak in defense about the lives and dignity of immigrants and refugees from that part of the world.  But I’m sure he’ll just take the opportunity to demonize women who need abortions instead... 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 3

How about Derick's thoughts on polygamy. Had to laugh at the thought of him using this coffee mug in Jill's IG story.

04234EC2-96F7-40EE-8C7E-977ACA9C96FF.thumb.png.9e6fb63a981932699150a4afb94d6db0.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24

19 minutes ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Since they have sooooo much experience with Central and South America, I would love for them to actually stand up and speak in defense about the lives and dignity of immigrants and refugees from that part of the world.  But I’m sure he’ll just take the opportunity to demonize women who need abortions instead... 

Derick is waiting for science to develop a way to determine if people in immigrant detention camps have heartbeats and therefore deserve human rights.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

On 5/26/2019 at 3:00 AM, AussieKrissy said:

David literally said “yourdenominational tag with either fall off on the way to heaven or burn off on the way to hell” 

can some please explain that load of codswallop?

I think he means that denominations within Christianity aren’t as important as whether you’re a good Christian. It’s overly dramatic and unclear, because that’s how fundamentalist preachers work.

I strongly suspect that all the Duggars except perhaps Michelle and Anna think that David and Priscilla are total weirdos.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, MiddleAgedLady said:

Derick needs our help! 

hmmm... maybe proper prenatal/labor and birth care?

• Upvote 8

I've got one for Derick  How to raise tolerant individuals.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I'd like for Derick to tell us how he is earning money this summer vacation to feed and clothe his household.

• Upvote 16

• Georgiana locked this topic