IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

The foil is usually used to "disguise" what's underneath, which is usually a potato :)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Ambrosia is an actual thing? Why, I always thought it was some Sims sillyness!

It is delicious!  Do not make me post my Duggar worthy recipe!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Ambrosia is an actual thing? Why, I always thought it was some Sims sillyness!

It is a thing, a thing of gloriousness. 

All this damn food talk, not sure I can take it. I started a medically supervised cal restriction 800 cal a day diet, called Optifast, therapy along with weight loss for 5 moths, 3/4 months on pre packaged liquid diet and then slowly reintegrated into eating everyday foods.  Wish me luck. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 20

16 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Yes.  Sorry, but yes.

I did.  Sadly I’m unhealthy enough to be okay with that.  My fear was that they were apart spider or another horrible thing.

i don’t know how they could be part spider but I was glad google relieved me of that notion.

• Haha 14

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

All this damn food talk, not sure I can take it. I started a medically supervised cal restriction 800 cal a day diet, called Optifast, therapy along with weight loss for 5 moths, 3/4 months on pre packaged liquid diet and then slowly reintegrated into eating everyday foods.  Wish me luck. 

Good luck! Strict diets are HARD. Take time for things that you enjoy and can have/do, whether it's food related or not. It's tough not to eat your favorite foods, you need extra self care (and for me other physical things that feel good) to help yourself get through it. :hug:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jello 1-2-3

that was it! 

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I love cottage cheese. No shame. I would urge folks to try it before declaring it gag-worthy.

Things similar to cottage cheese in other cultures:  faisselle, chhana, quark.

And question for attorneys out there--it would be extremely unusual if Derick doesn't do some sort of legal internship/law related work this summer, right?

My two best friends of 40 years and I meet together every few months for lunch and shopping as we all live far apart and have busy lives. There was the buffet place we loved that had soup and salad. After we ate our fill, my friends went to the dessert area for soft serve chocolate ice cream. I saw cottage cheese! A bowl of that was my dessert. My friends thought I was weird. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm starting a sugar free diet, as well as doing the FODMAP diet due to IBS. I know fixing my diet will drop a lot of weight, but at the same time I'm a bit scared of the process. And yeah, all this food talk is reeeally working up my appetite. Like, I really, really crave for cream of chicken now even though I'd probably find it super disgusting but God do I want to try. I'm rooting for you! It's not easy, definitely. My mum had to lose A LOT of weight before she was accepted for knee surgery. Took her two years from the first knee for her to be accepted for the second knee surgery.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It is delicious!  Do not make me post my Duggar worthy recipe!

I'm listening... :my_angel:

• Haha 1
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, finnlassie said:

It is pure sugar so no place on a sugar free diet.

1 canpineapple *cubes*

2 sm or 1 large can manderine oranges (I like slightly more oranges then pinaplle)

bag of white mini marshmalows

2 cups sweetened coconut

sour cream 

some marischino cherries

yes, it’s called a salad!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

1 canpineapple *cubes*

2 sm or 1 large can manderine oranges (I like slightly more oranges then pinaplle)

2 cups sweetened coconut

sour cream 

some marischino cherries

I think I'm good, I hate marshmallows and marischino cherries... :pb_eek:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I did.  Sadly I’m unhealthy enough to be okay with that.  My fear was that they were apart spider or another horrible thing.

i don’t know how they could be part spider but I was glad google relieved me of that notion.

If they were part spider I would have had to stop eating them, the rest I can deal with.  I ate chicken nuggets from McDonald's in the 90's, nothing can be worse than that. 

18 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

1 canpineapple *cubes*

2 cups sweetened coconut

sour cream 

some marischino cherries

If you put a few drops of green food coloring in the sour cream it could look like a salad. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

Growing up, we sometimes had a side fruit almost dessert type salad using pineapple rings on the bottom with a scoop or two of cottage cheese, and then a "dressing'' of miracle whip, a little sugar, and a little milk. On the rare occasion we had maraschino cherries, we would even get a maraschino cherry on top.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

1 hour ago, Antipatriarch said:

Ambrosia is definitely a thing!

...what?

Great, now I have this fucking song stuck in my head. I didn't even click the link, sucks being old living through some really tragic music. 

• Haha 6

Damn Derick's shorts are lookin damn shortie short! Hubba hubba! (mandatory sarcasm reminder)

I'm actually fascinated that Jill didn't reveal what she was wearing. I think she was in shorts, but maybe she's gotten (possibly snarky) comments from people around her about posting pics of her in immodest wear.

• Upvote 6

I think Jill has been pictured in shorts at least once (Israel's birthday party at the park, I wanna say) but she positioned herself kind of behind the kids in the photo so it was hard to tell. I think she's totally comfortable posting photos in pants but seems to still shy away from shorts photos for now.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Kailash said:

The word chunks is disgusting to me. I didn’t realize until this thread. Huh. Some people can’t stand moist, I can’t stand chunks. ?

I don't like "chunks" either.  "Moist" doesn't bother me, but I cringe at "sliders."

• Upvote 1

Did Jill remove the vagueposting about personal responsibility and checking with the Bible?  I can't find it on her Insta anymore.  

We can't know for sure what it was about, but it does seem like lately, the Dillards are being more critical of the Duggar rules of life.  

A godly mother is not recognized by donning skirts, having long hair, or tattoo-free skin. It’s not a matter of whether she has a career outside the home or not, but instead, a God-fearing mother is recognized by her character and wise management of what God entrusts her with. 

It's pretty pointed language.  And despite what people have opined on here, I can't imagine Derick posting a Mother's Day post about Jill that would upset her.  While I can see him being thoughtless of her feelings, I can't see him overtly criticizing her family's choices if she wasn't somewhat in agreement.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I'm starting a sugar free diet, as well as doing the FODMAP diet due to IBS. I know fixing my diet will drop a lot of weight, but at the same time I'm a bit scared of the process. And yeah, all this food talk is reeeally working up my appetite. Like, I really, really crave for cream of chicken now even though I'd probably find it super disgusting but God do I want to try. I'm rooting for you! It's not easy, definitely. My mum had to lose A LOT of weight before she was accepted for knee surgery. Took her two years from the first knee for her to be accepted for the second knee surgery.

FODMAP alone has helped me lose a lot of weight, though a lot of that is because I actually have energy/lack of pain to live again. I cant imagine doing it sugar free, it's already so limiting.

• Love 5

I can’t be the only one that finds it irksome that she felt the need to thank derdick for watching the boys on her girl’s trip out.

They are his kids. A Mum going out and the kids staying at home should be a normal occurrence, not a Instagram worthy thank you. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I can’t be the only one that finds it irksome that she felt the need to thank derdick for watching the boys on her girl’s trip out.

They are his kids. A Mum going out and the kids staying at home should be a normal occurrence, not a Instagram worthy thank you. 

My bff does the same. Drives me up the wall. She’s also a SAHM. So on weekends she mostly let’s him sleep in because ‘he works’. I’m like well wtf do you do? Pretty sure 6 am potty wake up call is ‘work’.  Plus school runs, after school activities, weekend activities. She always asks her husband first if he can watch the kids if I invite her to girls dinner or a random shopping trip on the weekend. She’ll never commit to brunch if it’s his turn to sleep in. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

c4425df294b0655ee9c42914290e8450.jpg

[emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961]

Someone is way over compensating for something...

#tinydick #dickhead

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, kiwi said:

c4425df294b0655ee9c42914290e8450.jpg

emoji1785.pngemoji1785.pngemoji2961.pngemoji2961.pngemoji2961.png

Someone is way over compensating for something...

#tinydick #dickhead

Omg puke. I would be mortified if my husband put that up. To each their own I suppose. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14

@acheronbeach Jills posts from yesterday I snapshot from her stories that automatically get deleted 24 hrs after its posted. 

I hope Derick is going for humor with the nickname, Oh man. But yayyyy for Jill she got her chocolate mess. Struck again at how large the Duggar family is with that restaurant pic. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

FODMAP alone has helped me lose a lot of weight, though a lot of that is because I actually have energy/lack of pain to live again. I cant imagine doing it sugar free, it's already so limiting.

I have an unhealthy relationship with sugar, and I need to set myself boundaries.

I checked a pretty good list for FODMAP, and I think it's fine without added sugar? A lot of the allowed foods seem like I'm gonna be doing a lot of Asian food this summer.

• Upvote 3

• Georgiana locked this topic