IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

Above all else, I think Derick, much like many of the Duggars, is immature. He’s one of those awkward people who never learned how to read an audience and constantly puts his foot in his mouth. Having a public platform/career is a nightmare for someone like Derick. For all their other faults and nasty beliefs, Ben and Jeremy are far more socially aware and disciplined. I will give Ben a bit of credit here. He was a young, sheltered teen when he entered Duggarville. He’s made some adjustments and seems happy and grounded. He still has horrible beliefs, but at least he and his family seem happy and healthy.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, Smee said:

The Duggars don’t eat pig meat?? I thought that was a Kosher/Halal thing that Christians let go of after Peter’s vision?

The Duggars used to make a big deal out of not eating pork because of the Old Testament rule. That's why they're constantly seen eating turkey bacon. And I'll believe that they didn't COOK with pork, but we were also treated to sooo man scenes of them eating peperoni pizza that it's completely laughable to claim they didn't ever eat pork.

That said, we've seen the Dillards eating prok chops and Derrick even explicitly said that their little family does eat pork.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 5/11/2019 at 8:57 PM, FawningOverYou said:

Spray cheese on chicken on a biscuit crackers brings me back to my childhood.

Oh gosh, I love those crackers too! Those and the veggie ones! 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

"Beaver Blessings" would make an excellent stripper name. Especially if you start the routine in a frumper...

• WTF 1
  • Haha 21

12 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm okay with it whispered in my ear, or in a card that I get to open in private. But in a public post online? No, thanks! :pb_redface:

I think I'm too much of a goofball to use the word "lover"  except jokingly.  The first thing that springs to mind is a scene from Last Man Standing, where Mike Baxter and Ed Alzante are in Ed's office and Ed keeps using the word "loverrrrrrrrrrrrr" and freaking out Mike Baxter by the way he drags out the word.  

One thing I know I'll never do is refer to my romantic partner on social media or in conversation with others as "my  lover."  Nope, not gonna happen.  LOL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

17 hours ago, Smee said:

The Duggars don’t eat pig meat?? I thought that was a Kosher/Halal thing that Christians let go of after Peter’s vision?

I am pleasantly surprised by Derrick’s comments on femininity and I hope it’s another sign that he disagrees with JB & Michelle and will encourage Jill further to fundie-lite.

There is a segment of Fundies that won't eat pork of any kind. A lot of folks at the church I attended said they didn't eat pork, but there was always Jell-O salads and pork and beans at church gatherings. :think:

Jill eating sushi yesterday should quiet down the pregnancy rumors.  Or not. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

There is a segment of Fundies that won't eat pork of any kind. A lot of folks at the church I attended said they didn't eat pork, but there was always Jell-O salads and pork and beans at church gatherings. :think:

Jill eating sushi yesterday should quiet down the pregnancy rumors.  Or not. 

This is a lady who was  overdue, GBS +, had meconium stained fluid after 40+ hours of ruptured membranes, claimed to be lay midwife trained and still did not promptly seek medical care in a first pregnancy. She’d sidle up to the day old sushi bar and have at it, no questions asked.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This is a lady who was  overdue, GBS +, had meconium stained fluid after 40+ hours of ruptured membranes, claimed to be lay midwife trained and still did not promptly seek medical care in a first pregnancy. She’d sidle up to the day old sushi bar and have at it, no questions asked.

Yeah. Plus, I'm sure there's stuff to eat on a sushi date that would be safe for pregnancy. I don't eat sushi, but my understanding is that it's not all raw fish.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah. Plus, I'm sure there's stuff to eat on a sushi date that would be safe for pregnancy. I don't eat sushi, but my understanding is that it's not all raw fish.

she can have

dumplings, seaweed salad, chicken with rice

omg am I defending Jill....

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, nst said:

she can have

dumplings, seaweed salad, chicken with rice

omg am I defending Jill....

Or sushi that's cooked or pickled.  Not all sushi has fish.  Not all has meat.  Not all is uncooked.  The original, oldest form of sushi is fish fermented in rice and salt... unsurprisingly, not popular in OR outside of Japan.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I don’t eat sushi with seafood, but my OBGYN gave me the ok to have vegetarian sushi this time around - I didn’t ask last time because I was too worried I’d do something wrong and cause another loss (so stupid to think that way, but still.) I’d assume anything with cooked meat in it would be fine too. Cross contamination might be a concern, but if you go somewhere decent it should probably be fine. 

• Upvote 11

Raw fish is certainly a concern, but I thought the freshness of the sushi was the other dominant factor in it being discouraged - cooked, cold rice is an excellent place for certain bacteria to grow, so if it’s been premade and sitting around for a few hours it’s not a great idea. Mind you, I was told to avoid any premade salads, food in a Bain Marie, or anything in a good court that wasn’t freshly cooked, basically. And yet, the last listeria outbreak I recall was from watermelon of all things, so ?‍♀️ I don’t begrudge pregnant women who are less strict on the food rules.

• Upvote 5

You can also have like a California roll with imitation (cooked) crab meat, any of the shrimp ones that are cooked, and the Americanized stuff that’s fried in moderation. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

My OB says that Sushi is fine as long as it is from a clean place. Also too much tuna is bad, but its not about the cooking there.

• Upvote 7

When my bestie was pregnant, we went to have sushi and she had sushi at least once a month. There was plenty for her to have, and the buffet place is exclusively just sushi and starter salads.

• Upvote 1

Derick's post was more encouraging than his last one. I'm kinda hoping Jill has a hidden tattoo. No glowing post for his MIL though, unlike Jeremy and what felt like 1,000 Mothers Day posts I read this weekend, I wonder how that makes Jill feel, especially if he makes snippy comments about JB&M at home, Or if she hears snippy comments from Michelle about wearing pants.

I also can't help but be bothered by him distinguishing that Cathy's parents were her adoptive parents. He seems a bit stuck on that "naturalized" thing. 

• Upvote 8

Anna made an interesting comment on Derick’s Mother’s Day sushi post. The sushi post doesn’t make any mention of Michelle, but Anna for some reason felt the need to throw her name twice into her short comment. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it feels passive aggressive. Or maybe Anna just feels weird in the family ever since the Josh scandals and that provides for weird try-hard interactions like her instagram comments.

E3792B8B-6A3C-43DC-9408-F9F096FF7D0C.png

• Upvote 10

Spoiler

I honestly didn't liked that. Whatever the dynamics between Derick and the Duggars are, that was totally passive aggressive of her, very meddling too IMO.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

Such a dick move by Anna. I hate when people want to put you down but make it sound like they're being SO positive. I'm firmly on team Derick for this one.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

16 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jell-O salads

What on earth is a Jell-O salad :o 

• Disgust 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, zcccrv said:

Such a dick move by Anna. I hate when people want to put you down but make it sound like they're being SO positive. I'm firmly on team Derick for this one.

Anna is run by a dick so it doesn't surprise me. 

bleh 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

What is going on with the photo of Jill and Israel in an hospital room?

• Georgiana locked this topic