IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

5 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I was about to make the same comment...Michelle only rarely appears joyful, and in this case she looks very far from it. OTOH, Jill genuinely looks happy.

I’ve noticed that no one younger than Jinger is into the over-the-top public Michelle adoration. That’s about when she starting outsourcing motherhood.

that actually happened around Joy so number 9 I think it has less to do with her mothering and more to do with Gender and age, she had all those girls close together, all adults now, most married and all with iG. well her other girls are young  and unless someone does a youtube video. (Which btw noticed those stopped) the littles can't say anything. then when it comes to Josh, Josiah and John and Joe they will leave it up to the wives to say something or not. 

• Upvote 5

Different people have their ideas about what a mom should look like.  Some walk the walk and talk the talk, but are the farthest from what a Christian mother is called to be.  A godly mother is not recognized by donning skirts, having long hair, or tattoo-free skin. It’s not a matter of whether she has a career outside the home or not, but instead, a God-fearing mother is recognized by her character and wise management of what God entrusts her with.  Some receive the praise of man, but many are the unsung heroes who quietly provide the backbone of our families and the fabric of society.  My wife and mother are examples of these moms.  

From as early as I can remember, my mom woke long before the light of day to make sure we had clean clothes and full bellies before school.  She loved and supported my dad.  As a young woman, when both her adopted parents had died, she wisely invested her time and money in graduate school.  She often worked long hours, wisely putting her skills to work as she made a living – not just for her own household, but also to have something to give to others. Regardless of a long workweek, she had supper on the table and helped with homework late into the night. Before I could drive, she would drive me into town before swim practice started at 6AM.  And there is scarcely anyone as positive and optimistic in a room as my mom.  Despite the cancer that doctors thought was a death sentence, she remained joyful and trusted in God’s sovereign will.  These are all character attributes that I saw in Jill that attracted me to her (besides how gorgeous she is   Likewise, if the Lord blesses us with daughters, these are the qualities I hope and pray they would receive from their grandmother and mother.  

a few sections I pulled out. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 15

and Gummy bears oh my.... (I love gummy bears to LOL I just find it funny that 9 times out ten Jill's post have something to do with food. 

• Upvote 7

I've sworn off speculating about pregnancy based on appearance, but I will speculate based on sudden new talk of 'if God blesses us with daughters', the old triple pregnancy photo Anna shared, the lemon and salt, and all the gummy bears. I think Baby Dilly #3 might be on the horizon.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 14

I wonder has Derick been reading Lori's post on men preferring tattoo-free women who wear skirts etc??? He's just given her a fair robust slap down if so!!

???

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

I wonder has Derick been reading Lori's post on men preferring tattoo-free women who wear skirts etc??? He's just given her a fair robust slap down if so!!

???

Maybe Jill has a secret tattoo... :pearlclutching:

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 24

54 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

???

Man in a smack down between Lori & Derick I can honestly say I'd want Derick to win.  I think she is is one of the few people in fundydum (Jill R being another).  I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually kind of agree with Derick's post, being Godly has nothing to do with how you look.  

Izzy at the library with Derick is cute, he looks like he's having a blast.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MadameOvary said:

Maybe Jill has a secret tattoo... :pearlclutching:

you know with Jill it actually would not surprise me. I mean pants, then a nose ring why not a tattoo. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I've sworn off speculating about pregnancy based on appearance, but I will speculate based on sudden new talk of 'if God blesses us with daughters', the old triple pregnancy photo Anna shared, the lemon and salt, and all the gummy bears. I think Baby Dilly #3 might be on the horizon.

Eh, they stoke the pregnancy speculation even when Jill isn't pregnant.  I wouldn't jump on that speculation bus just yet.  

Interesting how Derick praises his mother's work ethic and yet apparently doesn't feel it is worth emulating.  

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

a few sections I pulled out. 

I really dislike Derick very strongly, but the part about his mother sounded genuinely loving and was well written. Even more I like that he said that he loves Jill because he sees similar qualities he admires in his mom in her too, especially because some of the qualities he specifically mentioned - hard work, staying positive, loving your family, working outside the home to support the family - are all qualities I’d agree are actual positives. Not sure I really believe that he'd want Jill or a daughter working outside the home or going to school, but it is a bit of a contrast to Jeremy praising Jinger for being meek and saying he hopes Felicity is like her in that way*. 

*I know it’s a compliment among their group. It’s not something I’d consider a compliment though. Humble can be a positive, but meek to me indicates someone is a push over or easily controlled. 

7 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Eh, they stoke the pregnancy speculation even when Jill isn't pregnant.  I wouldn't jump on that speculation bus just yet.  

Interesting how Derick praises his mother's work ethic and yet apparently doesn't feel it is worth emulating.  

I don’t know. He’s bounced around a lot over the years and he does deserve criticism for that, but he did manage to get through his first year of Law School. I’ve never been, but I know Law School can be tough for a lot of people. I’ll stop sort of actually defending him this time because I’m mostly just curious to see if he actually finishes this program.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

and Gummy bears oh my.... (I love gummy bears to LOL I just find it funny that 9 times out ten Jill's post have something to do with food. 

Jill may like gummi-bears (and some of you too) but beware of the sugar-free ones. There are some hilarious reviews out there like  this one: https://www.amazon.com/review/R2JGNJ5ZPJT4YC

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

The fact that it's about time for her to be pregnant again if (big if) they're following the same sort of schedule they did between Israel and Sam is what makes me more suspicious.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

“She’s my best friend and lover.” Derick! I’m clutching my pearls!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

7 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

“She’s my best friend and lover.” Derick! I’m clutching my pearls!

Well who wouldn’t rather be described like that then as a ”godly woman”? ?‍♀️

If this had been written by someone else I would find it really nice. But it’s Derick so I’m sceptical. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Well who wouldn’t rather be described like that then as a ”godly woman”?

Me.  I HATE that word.  "Lover" is so cringeworthy to me.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 21

23 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Ugh, Jill's posts keep on making me super hungry.

I'm pretty sure those words were never said before regarding Jill's food posts ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

Hmmmm, wonder if they know that the gelatin in the gummy bears and other similar candies comes mainly from pigs?  Or do the Duggars only not eat the meat of the swine?

Many of my Muslim friends will not eat any candy like that, specifically for that reason.  They constantly check the ingredients and I always try to ensure when I buy stuff for my team, it contains nothing they can't eat.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

The Duggars don’t eat pig meat?? I thought that was a Kosher/Halal thing that Christians let go of after Peter’s vision?

I am pleasantly surprised by Derrick’s comments on femininity and I hope it’s another sign that he disagrees with JB & Michelle and will encourage Jill further to fundie-lite.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Smee said:

The Duggars don’t eat pig meat?? I thought that was a Kosher/Halal thing that Christians let go of after Peter’s vision?

I am pleasantly surprised by Derrick’s comments on femininity and I hope it’s another sign that he disagrees with JB & Michelle and will encourage Jill further to fundie-lite.

not sure on their exact believes i do know they used to only eat Turkey bacon though. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Smee said:

Yes, I believe he disagrees with a lot of what Boobchelle espouse, but let’s not give him too much credit here.  This was meant to be a direct shot at them vs. a tribute to Jill.  His praise of Jill was incidental to his actual intent.

Jeremy likely believes similarly, yet you’ll never see him take a shot like that.  He knows the value of differentiating himself from the family without crapping on their beliefs.  Derick is simply immature and wants to one up Boob.  The wisdom of Jeremy’s approach is lost on him.

Derick’s playing a dangerous game since I believe Boob is partially bankrolling them, but is also extremely unhappy about it. Boob happens to know several lawyers and Derick presumably wants a job when he graduates...might not want to burn too many bridges there, Dillwank.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yes, I believe he disagrees with a lot of what Boobchelle espouse, but let’s not give him too much credit here.  This was meant to be a direct shot at them vs. a tribute to Jill.  His praise of Jill was incidental to his actual intent.

Jeremy likely believes similarly, yet you’ll never see him take a shot like that.  He knows the value of differentiating himself from the family without crapping on their beliefs.  Derick is simply immature and wants to one up Boob.  The wisdom of Jeremy’s approach is lost on him.

Derick’s playing a dangerous game since I believe Boob is partially bankrolling them, but is also extremely unhappy about it. Boob happens to know several lawyers and Derick presumably wants a job when he graduates...might not want to burn too many bridges there, Dillwank.

I bet Ben would probably agree with much of what Derick said too. I mean his sisters wear pants and work outside the house so I don't think he'd be adverse to Jessa doing so if she wanted to. Ben has learned to Mellow himself though where Derick hasn't. probably why Ben and Jeremy seem close well you never really hear Jeremy mention Derick. or vs versa. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Smee said:

I do agree that Jill's evolution of style is probably due to Derick's influence (or even maybe Cathy, inadvertently), and this post about clothes was certainly not his worst. It is also hard for me to draw the line between fundie-lite and just generic conservative christian. So I don't really know where they will land on the spectrum.

But I am still wary. Someone who wears jeans and has a nose-piercing may look more wordly, but I'll only stop denoucing these folks once they stop trying to undermine the rights of LGBTQ+ folks and women. Derick may certainly become a Christian lawyer trying to prey on sexual minorities rights to further his own Christian beliefs. Despite her nose-ring piercing, I am certain Jill would back him 100%.

Only if they truly stop trying to police other people's life will I think they have really strayed from the party line.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Me.  I HATE that word.  "Lover" is so cringeworthy to me.

I'm okay with it whispered in my ear, or in a card that I get to open in private. But in a public post online? No, thanks! :pb_redface:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Georgiana locked this topic