IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

I think the 9th pic is stinkin' cute and funny. If I ever end up marrying my boyfriend and have kids with him we'd end up having a lot of these situations. He's close to 200cm and most places aren't too accomodating for that...

Also, Derick's feet look way out of proportion.

2042475190_ScreenShot2019-05-20at21_55_08.png.23e48c4f7e1a2f9014b7caf2cc857ba2.png

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 8

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, Maggie Mae said:

You know where Jello comes from, right?  ?

LOL - yes, I do.  It's the visual aspect of a jello salad with chunks of beef or chicken floating in it that I find visually unappealing.  But now I'm reminded of the Friends episode where Rachel makes a trifle but two pages are stuck together so what she makes is: 

RACHEL’S THANKSGIVING TRIFLE:

a layer of ladyfingers
a layer of jam
custard (made from scratch)
raspberries,
more ladyfingers
beef sautéed with peas and onions
a little more custard
sliced bananas
and whipped cream.

ETA:  It looks like the boys had a great time at Silver Dollar City, and with their younger cousin. 

Edited by EmmieJ
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

There are also times when Derick posts videos of Jill/shares things about Jill where I wonder if part of his intent is to humiliate/embarrass her.  Fundie social media sometimes comes across as "off" or malice where there is none simply because so many fundie second gen kidults grew up isolated and failed to learn some social boundaries.  However, Derick has no excuse.  He was at a major university with social media.  He knows what he's doing.  He knows how this looks. 

And sometimes I get the feeling Derick absolutely intends it.  That he wants to subtly put her down and embarrass her in front of others in a way that she can't complain about because "he was just trying to be sweet", so any negative emotions she might feel are "crazy" or "ungrateful" and therefore invalid.  

I get the feeling Derick gaslights Jill, and Jill doesn't have the skills or knowledge to defend herself and instead thinks that she is the problem.  I wonder if that's where all her spark has gone.  

I don't get that from this post, I'm sure Jill ate it up, she strikes me as the type to love the silly mushy gushy crap like this.

Yes, Derick is an epic ass hat for what he did to Jazz online, and a douche in general, but I think maybe just maybe, these two are getting their shit together and finding their groove, FINALLY.  They both look happy, the kids look happy, I'm not seeing that nervousness in Izzy's face anymore in photos, Jill doesn't seem so strained or afraid or worried, and Derick is starting to look like the "nice" guy who busted onto the scene to steel little Jilly muffins heart. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

There are also times when Derick posts videos of Jill/shares things about Jill where I wonder if part of his intent is to humiliate/embarrass her.  Fundie social media sometimes comes across as "off" or malice where there is none simply because so many fundie second gen kidults grew up isolated and failed to learn some social boundaries.  However, Derick has no excuse.  He was at a major university with social media.  He knows what he's doing.  He knows how this looks. 

And sometimes I get the feeling Derick absolutely intends it.  That he wants to subtly put her down and embarrass her in front of others in a way that she can't complain about because "he was just trying to be sweet", so any negative emotions she might feel are "crazy" or "ungrateful" and therefore invalid.  

I get the feeling Derick gaslights Jill, and Jill doesn't have the skills or knowledge to defend herself and instead thinks that she is the problem.  I wonder if that's where all her spark has gone.  

Sometimes I really wonder about Derick and how his mind operates. He clearly is a young man who has a variety of interests, seeks knowledge and has been successful in higher education. He is obviously intelligent enough to hold his own. Yes, he is religious, but yet he seemingly has not curtailed Jill’s personal growth or placed additional, JBesque restrictions onto Jill. He is not a recluse, has friends, has traveled and has participated in a variety of activities, both at home and abroad. I have a really hard time trying to reason why this guy would be attracted to and pursue a person who: has had a very limited life, no real education, never made an independent decision, was not allowed to have friends, read, go to school, have relationships aside from with her sisters, have no real hobbies, and on and on. It just seems like a very unlikely match. Personally, DD seems like the kind of guy who might remain a bachelor for a good long time, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Another thing that always resonates with me was the scene where DD arrives back to the airport from India and his mom says to him, *” I can’t wait for you and Jill to finally get to talk privately and get to know each other.” Paraphrasing*... I think Cathy was always a bit uneasy about JB’s rules. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have to wonder if Derek was trying to be funny and fell flat or if there is some inside joke we aren't privy to that he's referencing. I mean he's an asshole but with Jill's response I don't get that vibe from this particular post. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, Kelsey said:

Anna is a dick. Her move only draws more attention to the fact that DD did not include Michelle.  

Personally, I wouldn't include my MIL in a mother's day message, that's my spouses job. When my MIL was alive, it was up to him to get her a gift or a mother's day card, I dealt with my mom. If I had a wife or a partner instead of a husband that woman had given birth to my child, then I would also be responsible to wish her a happy mother's day since she gave birth to my children. But, IMO, that's it, MILs belong to the spouse/SO who birthed them.

Did Joshley make a special post or mention Anna's mother in anything he might have posted for Mother's Day?

Edited by Nishi621
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 5/18/2019 at 1:58 AM, kiwi said:

c4425df294b0655ee9c42914290e8450.jpg

emoji1785.pngemoji1785.pngemoji2961.pngemoji2961.pngemoji2961.png

Someone is way over compensating for something...

#tinydick #dickhead

Is Jill wearing a tank top here??

• Upvote 2

I think Jill's wearing a tank top in that photo, @Nishi621.  It looks like you can either see her sports bra underneath (and it's black to boot!) or it's a modesty panel.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, PennySycamore said:

I think Jill's wearing a tank top in that photo, @Nishi621.  It looks like you can either see her sports bra underneath (and it's black to boot!) or it's a modesty panel.  

She’s a Duggar.  It’s probably another tank top.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Nishi621 said:

Personally, I wouldn't include my MIL in a mother's day message, that's my spouses job. When my MIL was alive, it was up to him to get her a gift or a mother's day card, I dealt with my mom. If I had a wife or a partner instead of a husband that woman had given birth to my child, then I would also be responsible to wish her a happy mother's day since she gave birth to my children. But, IMO, that's it, MILs belong to the spouse/SO who birthed them.

Did Joshley make a special post or mention Anna's mother in anything he might have posted for Mother's Day?

I think it depends on the family tbh. When my gramma was alive I always got her flowers. She was a major part of me growing up. I always call my aunt too. She's got my cousin but I'm still like a daughter to her. 

• Upvote 7

On 5/20/2019 at 10:19 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They both look happy, the kids look happy, I'm not seeing that nervousness in Izzy's face anymore in photos, Jill doesn't seem so strained or afraid or worried, and Derick is starting to look like the "nice" guy who busted onto the scene to steel little Jilly muffins heart. 

This is what I wanted to say. The photos from Silverdollar City are the best photos of Derick since their courting days IMO. He looks relaxed and happy and like he’s enjoying family life. The kids and Jill look happy too. 

It feels like something that has been bothering them for a long time has gone away. Maybe they are actually starting to find their way. Fingers crossed it leads away from Duggar beliefs and internet bullying of teenagers and towards something a bit more fundie light and happy. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8

I saw the Instagram video Jill posted while she was promoting Amy’s store and clothing. I actually can see both those couples getting a little closer as the Dillard’s continue to pull away from Duggar Church to more mainstream church. Not sure how close they live to each other or the guys like or tolerate each other...

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think it depends on the family tbh. When my gramma was alive I always got her flowers. She was a major part of me growing up. I always call my aunt too. She's got my cousin but I'm still like a daughter to her. 

I can get behind that, she's your family. I would have sent my grandmother something also.

I guess what I meant more was in laws, not your FOO. To me, in laws should be taken care of by the spouse/SO related to them (unless you have an exceptionally close relationship to the in laws). But, I have no issue with sending to grandmothers and such on your side of the family.

I can't find a photo online, I saw them online last night but can't find them now.

But, did people see the photos of Jill at a friend's house in short shorts??  JB must be livid!

Found it!

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/jill-duggar-rocks-very-short-shorts/

Edited by Nishi621
found the picture
  • Thank You 8

They're shorts, but in no way are they short shorts like Daisy Dukes. She looks nice in them.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, Four is Enough said:

They're shorts, but in no way are they short shorts like Daisy Dukes. She looks nice in them.

Yeah, I agree, i was expecting shorter shorts, but, for her, they are short.

• Upvote 9

Seeing this family now makes me think there might be some truth to the theory that DD was having problems with his pain medicine. 

1 minute ago, Kelsey said:

Seeing this family now makes me think there might be some truth to the theory that DD was having problems with his pain medicine. 

I have to say, they all look very happy and relaxed in those pictures. 

• I Agree 3

Damn, back in 2014 watching jill who would have thought it would have been her (sorta) breaking away from the Duggar mold

I know I snark on jill the hardest, but I'm starting to kinda like this jill.

That is until her and/or her husband posts something stupid..... in 3 2 1

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 4

I think Michelle is more upset about the pants/shorts than JB.

• I Agree 24

Maybe the key to the Dillards happiness was getting away from TLC and JB. If this is even partially true, I am glad that those connections were somewhat broken. I am also glad that the Dillards are active in a more structured , large religious community. Jill, in particular, needed exposure to more mainstream Christians. Shame is one of the most destructive emotions within our culture, and Duggarville is fueled by it.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think Michelle is more upset about the pants/shorts than JB.

Now that you say it, yes, I can see that. Just like how Michelle freaked when Jessa and Ben held hands to pray and JB seemed ok with it

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Nishi621 said:

Now that you say it, yes, I can see that. Just like how Michelle freaked when Jessa and Ben held hands to pray and JB seemed ok with it

I’ve been saying it for years - Michelle wears the pants in that relationship in every way but literal.

this is her crazy train.  She designed it, built it, is the engineer and ...whatever other train functions there are (my analogy ran out of steam.)

hes her enabler - she chose a man who would do her bidding and be her enforcer and take the heat for her control.  She’s not smart but she’s cagey.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

In the live from Amy's store, Jill mentions a birthday pedicure with her mom. Her birthday meal was just girls also. And wasn't Michelle the only one to attend one of the boys birthday party? Have we seen Jill with JB lately? There must be very hard feelings between Derrick and JB. Although they're both vile, it's got to be tough on Jill. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Shame is one of the most destructive emotions within our culture, and Duggarville is fueled by it.

Shame is rampant in the mainstream Christianity world as well, but I do think it's healthier than being so caught up in Duggarville. 

35 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I’ve been saying it for years - Michelle wears the pants in that relationship in every way but literal.

100% agree. Michelle can talk until she is blue in the face about how Jim Bob is the headship of the home, but she runs that place, and has since the beginning. If she had told Jim Bob after 6 kids that she was done, he would have been fine with it, I bet. This obsession with children, and babies, and talking in a high-pitched, unnatural voice... it is ALL on her. 

• Upvote 12

• Georgiana locked this topic