IGNORED

Andrea Reins is Engaged!

HeatherFeather

7 minutes ago, HeatherFeather said:

Wow, so many questions. 

Is there a write up anywhere about him or their courtship? I'm assuming he is a widower? If so, how long ago did his first wife pass away? How did they meet? 

I hope Andrea is up to this challenge. (And I say that with zero snark.)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Wow, so many questions. 

Is there a write up anywhere about him or their courtship? I'm assuming he is a widower? If so, how long ago did his first wife pass away? How did they meet? 

I hope Andrea is up to this challenge. (And I say that with zero snark.)

Here's a page on "The Knot" but not much written yet:  https://www.theknot.com/us/andrea-reins-and-andy-keusal

Andrea has a fairly idyllic life right now, living in the Texas countryside with her family.  I do wish her all the best because nine children is a major challenge for anyone.  

PS:  Yes, his wife passed away in 2017 (Link to obituary: https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/obituary/4204867?fh_id=13306)

Edited by HeatherFeather
  • Thank You 6

Gosh! Her and Adeline Morton are in relationships - who next, Sarah Maxwell?! How old is Andrea now by the way? I wonder how her sister feels about it.

• Upvote 10

This video is a bit cringe inducing:

A little digging shows he works in banking and lives in Ohio. He is Presbyterian and ordained elder, but went to Notre Dame for college. College graduation date puts him at about 56/57 years old? He actually has ten children, but the oldest is 30 (and presumably from a previous relationship).

His first wife passed away from a brain tumor on April 21, 2017. They were married for eighteen years. They homeschooled all of their children. 

https://norwalkreflector.com/Local/2017/09/06/Faith-and-family-forever

He wrote this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Reversal-When-God-Takes-Other/dp/1722491140

Looks like he's a member of this church:

http://foundationfellowshipchurch.org/leadership/

What denomination are the Reins sisters?

• Disgust 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 6

I never followed Andrea. But I hate follow Kelly Reins. 

It's good Kelly is still single because, and I don't say this lightly, she is a total idiot. I will never claim to be an intellectual or anything. But Kelly Reins makes me look like a rocket scientist. 

She believes vaccines cause autism, lemon seeds can cure multiple conditions including cancer, WiFi and smart meters cause heart problems, essential oils can cure tick borne diseases and I'm sure a bunch of other fake medical stuff. She sells Plexus. You could make a decent case for her being a Neo Confederate based on memes she shares. The evidence is circumstantial, so I won't swear she is a Neo Confederate, but she is definitely sympathetic.

Edited by DangerNoodle
  • Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Gosh! Her and Adeline Morton are in relationships - who next, Sarah Maxwell?! How old is Andrea now by the way? I wonder how her sister feels about it.

She is 39, so biological kids are still a possibility.

Kelly is 41. I also really wonder how she feels about it. 

3 minutes ago, DangerNoodle said:

She believes vaccines cause autism, lemon seeds can cure multiple conditions including cancer, WiFi and smart meters cause heart problems, essential oils can cure tick borne diseases and I'm a bunch of other fake medical stuff. She sells Plexus. You could make a decent case for her being a Neo Confederate based on memes she shares. 

When I started researching Andy to create my background post on him I had to flee her FB page quickly. She really is a complete fucking idiot propagating dangerous beliefs. 

I really hope Andrea doesn't have as bizarre of medical beliefs since there are nine kids she will be looking after. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

16 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

really hope Andrea doesn't have as bizarre of medical beliefs since there are nine kids she will be looking after

Definitely.

Screenshot_20190501-191129.png

• WTF 12
  • Haha 4

That Von Trapp video is sort of a cute idea but the execution of it makes it come off pretty creepy. I assume they met online based on the line in the other video about "meeting in person"?

32 minutes ago, HeatherFeather said:

PS:  Yes, his wife passed away in 2017 (Link to obituary: https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/obituary/4204867?fh_id=13306)

Her obit notes that she will be remembered for "her joyful countenance and her meek and quiet spirit." So clearly this family is deep into the kool-aid.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Is it wrong that I immediately thought this is about a MaxHell vasectomy reversal?

Also, if this guy is in his late 50s, but his late wife was still busy cranking out babies until a few years before her death -- assume she was quite a bit younger than him as well?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is it wrong that I immediately thought this is about a MaxHell vasectomy reversal?

Also, if this guy is in his late 50s, but his late wife was still busy cranking out babies until a few years before her death -- assume she was quite a bit younger than him as well?

You wouldn't be wrong about the reversal, and it looks like he was 9-10 years older than his late wife, which would make him about 55 now

From the article linked above:

Keusal Info.png

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 4

52 minutes ago, DangerNoodle said:

I never followed Andrea. But I hate follow Kelly Reins. 

It's good Kelly is still single because, and I don't say this lightly, she is a total idiot. I will never claim to be an intellectual or anything. But Kelly Reins makes me look like a rocket scientist. 

She believes vaccines cause autism, lemon seeds can cure multiple conditions including cancer, WiFi and smart meters cause heart problems, essential oils can cure tick borne diseases and I'm sure a bunch of other fake medical stuff. She sells Plexus. You could make a decent case for her being a Neo Confederate based on memes she shares. The evidence is circumstantial, so I won't swear she is a Neo Confederate, but she is definitely sympathetic.

You had me at Kelly sells Plexus.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

52 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

She is 39, so biological kids are still a possibility.

Yes, but not a huge number.  She could have a few, maybe 2 or 3 or thereabouts. He's already got so many kids so it might not be an issue for him if he does not have a lot of children with her.

I'm not familiar with her but I have learned a lot about her just from this thread.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I really hope she didn’t feel pressured to say yes because of the kids. I imagine some of those kids could have gotten attached to her pretty quickly. How do you break things off with a guy who has 9 kids? I also imagine the two oldest girls are sister momming pretty hard. When your mom dies, it forces that. So maybe Andrea won’t be as overwhelmed as we think. 

I honestly thought this would be the only way Sarah Maxwell would ever get married. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Holy moly! Winged pigs are playing ice hockey in hell. :pb_surprised:

ETA: Just watched the video - there sits her gun-totin' "No man will ever come within 100 feet of MY daughters!" father, looking predictably dour.

Edited by Marian the Librarian
Taking in the visuals
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

15 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

From the article linked above:

Also from the same article.  This made me see red.

hellno.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 3
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 9
  • Thank You 3

21 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

hellno.jpg

Yeah, that pissed me off too. I'm not surprised that's the set up, but I'm surprised he would be that blunt about it. 

So basically your adolescent daughters...run the entire freaking house? Super. 

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

32 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hope she didn’t feel pressured to say yes because of the kids. I imagine some of those kids could have gotten attached to her pretty quickly. How do you break things off with a guy who has 9 kids? I also imagine the two oldest girls are sister momming pretty hard. When your mom dies, it forces that. So maybe Andrea won’t be as overwhelmed as we think. 

I honestly thought this would be the only way Sarah Maxwell would ever get married. 

It's still such a crazy change for her. This is a woman who for 39 years was basically seen as a child living in her father's house with limited autonomy and doing everything with her sister. 

She's going to move to a different state in a different region, away from her parents and sister, suddenly have nine children to take care of and homeschool, a ton of other household responsibilities, have a husband she is "accountable to," and engage in physical intimacy for the first time in her nearly four decades of life. 

I'm not saying she won't like it. But wow. That's a real 180 in life. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

It's still such a crazy change for her. This is a woman who for 39 years was basically seen as a child living in her father's house with limited autonomy and doing everything with her sister. 

She's going to move to a different state in a different region, away from her parents and sister, suddenly have nine children to take care of and homeschool, a ton of other household responsibilities, have a husband she is "accountable to," and engage in physical intimacy for the first time in her nearly four decades of life. 

I'm not saying she won't like it. But wow. That's a real 180 in life. 

I totally agree. I think she’s going to take a long time to adjust. And I really hope she doesn’t have more than just one baby. I hope he isn’t just trying to find a wife because he needs someone to pick up the slack. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

40 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

hellno.jpg

Well, that is extremely depressing. How are a 13 and 14 year old supposed to handle all the shopping, though??

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Does it seem weird to anyone else that the particular Sound of Music scene being referenced in that video is the scene with the Baroness? Not Maria? And that particular engagement did not end well.

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 8

So many thoughts. This is the fate of all the SAHD's who bought into their role & are still unmarried at a ''later age". An older man with a ton of kids he can't raise alone so he scours the Internet for an older godly maiden. It all makes me sad but really, it just pissed me off. Maybe it's true love, but I sincerely doubt it given what is known about Andrea, her upbringing and all the fundie crazy she has put online for years.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

When you’re a 39 year old spinster fundie, your best chance is with the Fundie Ken Jennings and his 9 kids. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 7

It’s ultimately a marriage of convenience. He gets a mother for his children and compliant wife she gets children and a male headship and someone to take care of her financially.  It ain’t love but it ain’t bad. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2