IGNORED

Steve King (R-Vichy Iowa)

47of74

Steve King: being criticized because I'm a hateful fuck makes me like Jeeeeezus

Rep. Steve King said Tuesday he can relate to the suffering of Jesus Christ, seemingly equating his recent controversies to what Christ "went through for us."

"For all that I've been through -- and it seems even strange for me to say it -- but I am at a certain peace, and it is because of a lot of prayers for me," King said at a town hall in Cherokee, Iowa.

"And, when I have to step down to the floor of the House of Representatives, and look up at those 400-and-some accusers, you know we just passed through Easter and Christ's passion, and I have better insight into what He went through for us partly because of that experience."

The hours before Jesus' crucifixion are referred to as Christ's passion and reference the events -- including torture and intense public shaming -- that he went through before being nailed to the cross. For Christians, the Easter season is a time of remembrance of Jesus' sacrifice, ultimately leading to his death and his resurrection from the dead on Easter Sunday.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

Chris Cuomo tore that apart in short order last night on his show.

Oh good. I’d rip our resident klansrep a new one in the local paper but it hasn’t been 30 days yet since my last missive.
  • Upvote 4