IGNORED

Yellow Pocket Angel Eggs

47of74

Ok Michelle

Have you ever heard this before? Michelle Duggar has an interesting new name for deviled eggs and fans are getting a major kick out of it. The Counting On star posted a photo via Instagram on April 22, revealing that she and her daughters whipped up some “yellow pocket angel eggs” over the weekend and it didn’t take long for her followers to sound off. Watch the video above!

Several fans were reacting to the unique new term for deviled eggs. “I love and appreciate the Duggars … but cmon. Yellow pocket angel eggs Opens a New Window. ? Smh,” one wrote. Another noted, “What happens if you call them deviled eggs? I hope you were able to trick him by calling them this code name! Don’t want no Satanic eggs now do we!” A third added, “They can’t wear pants let alone call something deviled,” while a fourth addressed where the term “deviled” first came from.

“You know ‘deviled’ is the technique and has nothing to do with ‘the Devil,’ right? They’re homonym,” the commenter explained. Typically, the culinary term “deviled” has to do with using hot and spicy condiments and seasonings in a recipe for additional flavor. It also should be noted that lower calorie versions using light mayonnaise have also been called “angel eggs,” so maybe this is where Michelle got her inspiration for her classic “yellow pocket angel eggs.”

59610264f039a_obi-wanfacepalm.png.bc5706c50e142d54d276f6eed55eae80.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 35

Yellow pocket angel eggs... that’s worse than what the Maxwells call them (picnic eggs). 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

Why not call it spicy eggs then? If the problem is the D word...

Shirt True and easy instead of entire sentence just to describe eggs...

It reminds me some how some fancy restaurant that instead of call an appetiser just I dunno bread and tomato with olive oil have to go all the road in saying something like fresh baked slice of flour made with water cooked in our kitchen with a product freshly harvested from our garden....

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

It could be worse I suppose. She could’ve misspelled angel as something else. If you all know me I think you can guess what word I have in mind.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I have heard it all now!  So glad I never drank the koolaid. Fucking yellow angel eggs!!!!!

I’m at the hospital with Mr Kool, he’s just having some tests, and being a big whiny  baby.  I just want to say these nurses are wonderful and patient.  Also, Mr Kool’s urologist is a gorgeous man and I saw cowboys today!   So it’s all good.

as soon as he goes pee we are out of here!!!!!!  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 16

Reminds me of when the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (baseball team) changed their name to just Rays.

What other satanically named things do we need to change in order to be good fundies?

• Upvote 8

48 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

So, do you use these pocket eggs to play "pocket pool"? That was where my mind went.

RUFUS NO! That's blaspheme! :pearlclutching: 

• Haha 7

Looking at the picture of those eggs... we just call them "filled eggs" in German, but I guess that's not godly enough for fundies ?

• Haha 13

I had a fundie suitemate in college who called chicken "breasts", chicken "chests". ?

She called deviled eggs " stuffed eggs" and said " I swannee" instead of  " I swear."  Her name was Faith.?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 38

23 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

I had a fundie suitemate in college who called chicken "breasts", chicken "chests". ?

She called deviled eggs " stuffed eggs" and said " I swannee" instead of  " I swear."  Her name was Faith.?

"Are you gonna finish those chicken bazookas with ass paragus, Faith?"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 33

This is so dumb, it's egg's. One of my primary school teachers referred to the Scottish dance we done in school as 'the happy Gordon's' because boys in my class laughed when she said 'the gay Gordon's' we were 8 or 9 at the time.

• Haha 8

"I swanee" is a southern thing. Lots of people say that and cuss in the same breath. Me included.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

My two favorite Christianese cusses are "shut the front door" for "shut the f*** up" and "cheese and rice" for "Jesus Christ." I actually use these sometimes. I didn't really know any fundies growing up, but my Mormon peers seemed to say these a lot.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

I thought I read them as Pocket Angle Eggs this morning. Was confused but figured it was Duggar Oddity. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

My two favorite Christianese cusses are "shut the front door" for "shut the f*** up" and "cheese and rice" for "Jesus Christ." I actually use these sometimes. I didn't really know any fundies growing up, but my Mormon peers seemed to say these a lot.

I say both of these all the time, lol. 

Also, growing up we didn’t call it a potluck but rather a pot blessing ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

@Exposedknees,  I associate the term "I swannee" with old southern ladies.  I can't remember hearing it out of someone less than 80.  I think that Clairee Belcher used it in Steel Magnolias. 

ETA:  I see that @RosyDaisy says "I swannee" and I don't think she's 80 so I stand corrected.  

Our next door neighbor always said "land o Goshen" as her mild oath.  

My mom always said "Sht" leaving out the "I".  My sister did the same.  Her son copied his mom but he had such a drawl that his sht came out as "shit!"  She was so embarrassed.  She should not have been.  Me, I turn the air purple.

One thing I've noticed that as racy as pre-Code movies could be, there was not that much swearing in them.  I think I heard "damn' in one old movie.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, viii said:

I say both of these all the time, lol. 

Also, growing up we didn’t call it a potluck but rather a pot blessing ?

Why? Because nothing happens by chance/luck? Curious, is all

• Upvote 4

I use Mother Trucker :)

I kid you not A few years ago their was some nutties  who wanted to use Heaveno instead of Hello.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 10

@AussieKrissy, some fundies and charismatics hold that nothing happens by chance.  You don't say Good Luck!  or make a wish on birthday candles.  Probably don't eat fortune cookies either.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@AussieKrissy, some fundies and charismatics hold that nothing happens by chance.  You don't say Good Luck!  or make a wish on birthday candles.  Probably don't eat fortune cookies either.

Sad :( Such small joys in life. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

And again I say I am exasperated with fundegelicals making a totally normal word or thought ebil and finding a way to make themselves seem more separate and more speshel than us normal unwashed not gooD enough Christians (Baptist’s even!) who just call them deviled eggs like hungry heathens

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Reminds me of when the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (baseball team) changed their name to just Rays.

What other satanically named things do we need to change in order to be good fundies?

Devil's Food Cake, which is basically just chocolate if I remember correctly.  I'm not sure what it could be called, though.

38 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I use Mother Trucker :)

I kid you not A few years ago their was some nutties  who wanted to use Heaveno instead of Hello.

Periodically, somebody will try to get Hello changed to Heaven-O.  Which I think is really silly!

35 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I don't necessarily believe in luck exactly, but I do say good luck to people.  I make wishes on birthday candles and I do eat fortune cookies.  If I like the fortune, I keep it.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1