Evangeline

Rachel Held Evans in intensive care

seraaa
8 hours ago, ColeJo said:

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.31.53 PM.png

Beth Moore said basically the same thing on her Twitter in different words

NachosFlandersStyle
On 5/7/2019 at 3:02 AM, ophelia said:

I've never heard of Emily Thomes, but all I got to say to her is: fuck you!

Emily is ex-gay and incredibly fire-and-brimstone about it. We have a thread on her somewhere around here if you want to raise your blood pressure a bit today.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Nervous
WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
3 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Emily is ex-gay and incredibly fire-and-brimstone about it. We have a thread on her somewhere around here if you want to raise your blood pressure a bit today.

Just FYI, Emily's thread is over in Wide World of Snark. 

luv2laugh
Posted (edited)

Have we had any fundies express condolences? Bueller? Bueller?

On 5/7/2019 at 12:26 AM, EowynW said:

The internet never forgets, Emily. 

IMG_1040.JPG

Wow. Emily Thomes is a jerk. She wastes no time to basically say she went to hell. A mother left behind two babies and a spouse.  She died unexpectedly. Emily basically mocks her death.

What a twisted individual... She must lack the ability to empathize, like Lori. Perhaps it’s pathological. They both remind me of Trump who made fun of McCain after he died. I pity how miserable they must be to make fun of a dead young mother.

Edited by luv2laugh

Feministe9000

Evans’ last blog post appeared online on March 6, Ash Wednesday in the Christian calendar. It is a day of repentance and solemnity that marks the beginning of Lent, which leads up to the joyful Easter celebration of resurrection. She wrote:

It strikes me today that the liturgy of Ash Wednesday teaches something that nearly everyone can agree on. Whether you are part of a church or not, whether you believe today or your doubt, whether you are a Christian or an atheist or an agnostic or a so-called “none” (whose faith experiences far transcend the limits of that label) you know this truth deep in your bones: “Remember that you are dust and to dust you will return.”

Death is a part of life.

My prayer for you this season is that you make time to celebrate that reality, and to grieve that reality, and that you will know you are not alone.

From the Slate article, written on March 6 this year. What a beautiful final message to leave behind. 😪

https://slate.com/human-interest/2019/05/rachel-held-evans-the-hugely-popular-evangelical-writer-is-dead-at-37.html

Meh
Evangeline

I mean, this doesn't surprise me because so many fundies are dishonest in their criticism of just about everything they don't like, but I don't recall Rachel ever saying anything blasphemous about God or Jesus. She called out THE CHURCH for not reflecting the Jesus they claim to love. Seems more than fair to me. 

NachosFlandersStyle
2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Just FYI, Emily's thread is over in Wide World of Snark. 

Thanks. Maybe we can move her thread back here if it gets active again? Not sure what makes her Wide World.

luv2laugh
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

From the Slate article, written on March 6 this year. What a beautiful final message to leave behind. 😪

https://slate.com/human-interest/2019/05/rachel-held-evans-the-hugely-popular-evangelical-writer-is-dead-at-37.html

This is so sad... It is definitely beautiful message though. 

Edited by luv2laugh