IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

19 minutes ago, Curious said:

Thank you!  I have been pretty down since just before the shutdown and things just kept piling on so I haven't really been on FJ much in the last few months.   Dealing with anything was just more than I could handle.

I didn't think I was feeling bad before I was hospitalized, but since I've been home and gone through the whole antibiotic course I think some of what I assumed was depression was actually more physical.  Sometimes it's hard to tell for me since I have so much going on healthwise most of the time.

@AliceInFundyland and @quiversR4hunting sent me PMs recently can that pulled me back in a little bit and I started reading a couple of threads again.

In happier news, I am expecting my first grandchild (a girl!!!!!) in August and I have been staying busy crocheting her ALL. the. things!  

I love crocheting baby things!!! I found a bonnet on pinterest that is good for absolutely nothing but one cute picture--and I gave not one shit about practicality and crocheted that sucker for one picture. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 9

6 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

I love crocheting baby things!!! I found a bonnet on pinterest that is good for absolutely nothing but one cute picture--and I gave not one shit about practicality and crocheted that sucker for one picture. 

My DiL has no idea what a monster she created when she said she would love crocheted clothes and other crocheted stuff.    I asked because I didn't want to crochet and send them a ton of stuff they would never use.

This is what I'm currently working on (pattern from etsy).  I'm making it in a red heart super saver ombre in purple that I had on hand.   My kids love cats so I thought they would enjoy this one.  I told my DiL if she found any patterns she wanted me to make to just send me links and I'd buy the pattern and make it.   She was really excited and asked for a dinosaur and a cactus blanket from the same lady.   I'm making the cat one as a surprise.   She has a cute flower one that would look good in a bright ombre so I may end up getting that pattern too.    This baby will never want for blankets.  I made several before I even knew they were expecting and had them in my "hypothetical grandchild box."    I have 3 in various states of completion (plus this cat one) and I saw some adorable Disney tsum tsum fleece so got that and made a no sew blanket out of that.

image.png

• Upvote 8
  • Love 29

Here is the latest doodle from the godly mentor. I highlighted the part that perfectly sums up Lori's ministry

20190422_164450.jpg.65a2838ca090367c6b2064f627e62a82.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6

The proverbs 31 women ran her own business. It wasn’t her husbands it was HERS! The “biblical” submission Lori teaches is one sided. According to OT law men were women’s protection, it wasn’t safe for women to be on their own. It was first the father then the husbands job. Women were supposed to submit to that protection. 9DEDF7D8-1915-4D98-B010-792FB88B09A3.thumb.jpeg.b3b4803268ea8a8e9e95e3bedce8db10.jpeg

Spoiler

6DA3B4E6-511E-4663-A89D-F94DAA709680.thumb.png.f13219d718702a45e37092cb2f7fa270.png

Paul’s letters were to specific churches. Paul also wrote that men are supposed to submit to their wives. Husbands bodies aren’t their own. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:21 PM, Foursquare said:

Lori, what do you think of the pneumonia and shingles vaccines for older folks like you and me? (I'd ask you directly but I'm banned.) 

Or tetanus boosters.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Re:  "Pastors, Please Teach Wifely Submission Biblically" - 

If the rest of the church (including the most learned Greek and Hebrew scholars) say that the Bible means something other than what you have decided in your King James-only, off by yourself, outside the bounds of orthodoxy, rebuked and asked to stop teaching by several churches  is "Biblical", guess what, Ken?  You are the one who is wrong.

Biblically, you are called to learn to submit to your pastoral authorities over you on this.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

10 hours ago, Curious said:

My husband just found out a classmate from high school died two days ago from sepsis due to an untreated UTI.  They are nothing to mess with!

My dad died of sepsis from an untreated UTI, with complications from Alzheimer’s. UTIs in seniors often cause dementia, usually temporary, but when they already have dementia, it’s even harder to know what’s going on.

Curious, I’m sorry to hear that your ongoing health struggles have been even more challenging lately. You actually clarified something for me...with lupus and asthma and being a breast cancer survivor, the medical community gets excited when I get sick. Mr. Bunny took me to the ER two weeks ago today, during the night, because I was so sick with a fever and headache. And they ran every test, took CT scans and chest X-ray and even did a urinalysis, and I kept telling them it was just a horrible headache and extreme nausea as a side effect. But they were adamant.  In the end, it was pneumonia, and I was hospitalized for three days. I always think they’re being too cautious, but maybe I should just keep my opinions to myself. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 19

8 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

My dad died of sepsis from an untreated UTI, with complications from Alzheimer’s. UTIs in seniors often cause dementia, usually temporary, but when they already have dementia, it’s even harder to know what’s going on.

Curious, I’m sorry to hear that your ongoing health struggles have been even more challenging lately. You actually clarified something for me...with lupus and asthma and being a breast cancer survivor, the medical community gets excited when I get sick. Mr. Bunny took me to the ER two weeks ago today, during the night, because I was so sick with a fever and headache. And they ran every test, took CT scans and chest X-ray and even did a urinalysis, and I kept telling them it was just a horrible headache and extreme nausea as a side effect. But they were adamant.  In the end, it was pneumonia, and I was hospitalized for three days. I always think they’re being too cautious, but maybe I should just keep my opinions to myself. 

I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  I knew it was a problem with seniors, but I didn't feel like I was quite there yet ;)   

What's weird is I felt ok for the most part in the time coming up to the "crisis."    On Friday, I thought I might be getting a yeast infection so planned to email my gyn on Monday and see if he'd script me a Diflucan since it's been a somewhat ongoing issue for me.   We think we get it knocked out and then a few weeks later I start having symptoms again.   It wasn't bad enough for me to even think of emailing right then.    The next day I feel kinda blah like I was getting a cold or something.   Nothing big.   I had a minor fever (like 99.x which is high for me because I run between high 96.x and low 97.x) so I took some cold meds and it broke right away.   I went to bed around midnight or maybe closer to 1.   I woke up at 3:30 short of breath.  We got to the ER around 4.  

Other than not being able to breathe I didn't feel bad until I finally popped a fever of 102.x suddenly.  They gave me some Tylenol and that didn't break it so they gave me some ibuprofen to help and that did the trick.  Once my temp was back to normal I felt fine again as they had me breathing better with oxygen.    The only time I really felt awful was when I would periodically pop a fever over 102.

I just had a cold several weeks ago and I told my husband I felt better while I was literally dying than I did with the cold.

I have gotten much better about going to the dr. or ER since my untimely though short death.   I joke about it, but I admit that it scared me.  Unfortunately, now that I know I can have an infection with no symptoms or raise in my white blood cell count, I've become somewhat paranoid about missing some minor signal that something is going wrong.   The drs. I had in the hospital did tell me if I even had a passing thought about having some kind of issue that seemed like it might be a bladder infection to go get a urine test.  If it's nothing oh well, but if it's something then hopefully we caught it before it was serious.   A consideration I didn't really think about is that infections can go into my bone/hardware which also didn't help my paranoia.     I had a blood culture done last week to make sure there wasn't a lingering infection in my bones/hardware and it came back negative so that was a relief.

I hope you are feeling better from pneumonia.   I had a minor case because they overloaded me with fluids while they were trying to figure out what was going on the first couple days and I would have been happy not to have that experience.  It was definitely not fun.

• Love 21

Two things:

1 -- did anyone see the latest Youtubes video:  

It was just funny and weird at the same time. The force she uses with that cleaver to whack that egg was a bit frightening!

and 2 -  Are the Alexanders really suggesting that preacher as part of their regular sunday sermons are just supposed to be preaching submission by wives? The whole Bible, the whole message of Christ, the whole of everything is just supposed to be reduced to preachers and others keeping women in their place? Is that REALLY why Christ died?  

• Upvote 16
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

2 -  Are the Alexanders really suggesting that preacher as part of their regular sunday sermons are just supposed to be preaching submission by wives? The whole Bible, the whole message of Christ, the whole of everything is just supposed to be reduced to preachers and others keeping women in their place? Is that REALLY why Christ died?  

Funny, I don't recall Jesus telling the woman at the well to figure out who her real husband was and submit.  Nor he tell the woman caught in adultery to go home and obey her owner husband's.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

@Curious

I had similar issues with a UTI - although my initial symptom was my body temperature dropping too low.  

There are over the counter UTI test strips available.  (about 3 for $10 - which is less than my co-pay for an md visit).  They work like an at-home pregnancy test.  My insurance allows me to call in a doctor on call if I get a positive and calls in the antibiotics without a co-pay.  Then I test again at the end of the antibiotics and if I still have symptoms or test positive, I go into the doctor's office.

Sending well wishes your way.

• Upvote 12

Ugh, UTIs are terrible.  Seriously.

But with Lori's latest YouTube on peeling a hard-boiled egg, isn't what she does more slicing of  a hard-boiled egg? My daughter loves to cook, and she'd take issue with Lori's use of the word "peeling".  

Just a weird video overall.  Not sure how it fits into her usual drivel.  I wonder if it was a warning to Ken. 

Edited by freealljs
bad grammar.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

53 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Two things:

1 -- did anyone see the latest Youtubes video:  

It was just funny and weird at the same time. The force she uses with that cleaver to whack that egg was a bit frightening!

I'll say!  Ken better not piss Miss Lori off if he knows what's good for him!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

23 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Ugh, UTIs are terrible.  Seriously.

But with Lori's latest YouTube on peeling a hard-boiled egg, isn't what she does more slicing of  a hard-boiled egg? My daughter loves to cook, and she'd take issue with Lori's use of the word "peeling".  

Just a weird video overall.  Not sure how it fits into her usual drivel.  I wonder if it was a warning to Ken. 

Maybe she got the idea from the Lucifer's Testicles thing?

• Haha 18

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

2 -  Are the Alexanders really suggesting that preacher as part of their regular sunday sermons are just supposed to be preaching submission by wives? The whole Bible, the whole message of Christ, the whole of everything is just supposed to be reduced to preachers and others keeping women in their place? Is that REALLY why Christ died?  

I think I MAY have heard 1 sermon over the years on that topic. ONE. And, it was more of "if you want your wife to submit to your leadership, you'd better earn her respect first." That was it. 

Speaking of...discovering things about Mr. Xtian that really bother the fuck out of me. Trying to decide what to do about it. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I'm just BEC today, but that egg looked totally unappetizing after she was done with it! LOL 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

If Lori would stick to topics such as tips for peeling hard boiled eggs rather than encouraging women to forego an education and raise their numerous, unvaccinated spawn without electricity and running water, the world would be a better place.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 16

I think the world would be a better place if she'd disappear from the internet/ social media all together and stick to being the crazy lady muttering to herself at home about all the sin/ feminism/ evil/ thongs/ immodesty/ tattoos/ college debt/ anti vaxx/ black salve/ sardine sauerkraut salad/ 10 min & some lube/ Titus 2/ keepers at home/ wifely submission/ homeschooling/ Biblical femininity/ do as I say not as I do, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure Ken and all her family would find it easier to ignore her if she wasn't plastering herself all over the interwebz and trying to go "viral."

Although Trey, Dave, KB Davis, Shaun Steele, Earl, Severine and the latest fangirl Darusha would be bereft and miss her terribly :GPn0zNK:

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

I had measles as a child.....while my mom was pregnant with my younger sister. Scary times. 

I also had chicken pox as a child but I was one of those kids whose parents didn't think I had it because I never had the itching pox. However as an adult I developed shingles in my eye. Yeah misery. That is how I found out I had had chicken pox as a child.

One of my grandmothers had shingles on her face and along her optic nerve.  It took her months (and months and months) to heal and I don't believe her eye was ever truly healed after that.  I got off pretty easy by comparison but it's not something I would wish on my worst enemy regardless of location.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

@Curious

I had similar issues with a UTI - although my initial symptom was my body temperature dropping too low.  

There are over the counter UTI test strips available.  (about 3 for $10 - which is less than my co-pay for an md visit).  They work like an at-home pregnancy test.  My insurance allows me to call in a doctor on call if I get a positive and calls in the antibiotics without a co-pay.  Then I test again at the end of the antibiotics and if I still have symptoms or test positive, I go into the doctor's office.

Sending well wishes your way.

Thanks for the tip.  I have a dr. appt tomorrow so will look for them when I'm out.   That would be way easier for me and give me some peace of mind.      I would be super happy for all these issues to take their leave.    I have been on antibiotics so much in the last 5 or so years that it's gotten a bit chronic.    This time because I was on about 5 different antibiotics  while they were trying to figure out what was going on they put me on probiotic granules for several weeks.   I'm not sure if they helped or not 

My pain dr. suggested cranberry juice, but I try to avoid juices since I am diabetic.  He said to get the cranberry supplement instead then so I have been taking those for maybe 2 weeks.   I take so many pills that one more is no big deal and I figured it can't hurt.   I take a few supplements, all of them are dr. suggested, not some kind of woo I googled and decided to take on my own ;)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 8

Honestly, submitting to leadership doesn't sound *so* bad to me. Sometimes people are attracted to ambitious, goal-oriented spouses just for that reason. I could actually see how it would lead to less contention in marriage, if that's what you want to do. Some people really do want to avoid conflict and confrontation that way. 

However, and I think someone pointed this out on the blog today, but Lori shot her down, is directing someone to make a sandwich, pick up your socks, clean your nose hairs off the sink, suck your d*ick, etc really leadership??? Or is it just making petty commands?

I would think leadership would be more along the lines of:

- We should/or shouldn't adopt this tradition in our family

- We should/ or shouldn't move to a bigger/smaller house, different town/state, etc. 

- We should/shouldn't get a pet

- We should switch to this church/gym/soccer league

- We should start doing x, y, z daily 

You know, things that actually LEAD your family in a positive, goal-oriented, spiritual or whatever direction! And notice it's a *we* thing . . . 

I mean, now that I've written this, it still sounds dumb, but not as bat-shit destructive as Lori's POV. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Uh, my husband never assigned me tasks. Lori's followers are batshit and want to remain childlike. That is so very unappealing to me. Anything other than mutual submission is not for me.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

If my husband "assigned" me tasks, I'd assign his ass to the trash heap. What is up with these women who want to stay children? 

Read the blog today too...what the fuck is their thing with "wifely submission"? Is their kink? Great...keep it the same place a penis and religion belong, put away and only brought out to play with in private. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Uh, my husband never assigned me tasks. Lori's followers are batshit and want to remain childlike. That is so very unappealing to me. Anything other than mutual submission is not for me.

I have probably told this story before. A few years ago in the late spring, a former student of mine from the Christian school posted a status on Facebook gushing about how wonderful her husband was because he had just completed the "summer schedule" for her and their two kids. It had every minute of every day scheduled--tasks and chores at home, outings, menus for meals and snacks, lists of books for each of them to read, and more. 

Then everyone who responded gushed about what an amazing leader her husband was. 

I nearly vomited. Then I unfriended her to keep myself from commenting. 

I couldn't even comprehend it. Why would anyone want to spend that much time planning life for another adult? And how would you think it is wonderful that your partner doesn't trust you to make basic day to day decisions for yourself and your children? Then the logistics of the whole thing...what does she do if the schedule says they are going swimming and it's cold or rainy? Does she have to get permission to change? What if someone doesn't feel well and they are supposed to go on an outing? Does she go anyway to be a good submissive wife? Or have to call him for permission to not go? I feel like if he thought this schedule was necessary, then he would expect her to adhere to it completely. And I totally agree with the poster above, micromanaging your partner's life is not leadership. It's just being an asshole. 

• Upvote 20
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Georgiana locked this topic