IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

Severine: "Let's not twist scripture."

Uh, like, when you totally forget we are to love our neighbor as ourselves.   But I guess for you that doesn't apply to other races, ethnicities, or religions.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 14

1 hour ago, Koala said:

There isn't one verse in the NT that commands women to have a book or write a blog, either...

I really hate when Lori does this "there is no verse that says..."   Lori ....we can play this game all day and night!  We can point our literally thousands and thousands of things (probably millions) of things there aren't verses for...like people becoming orthodontists, or orthodontic consultants just to name two. The Bible isn't specific for a LOT of reasons. ..like free will and God gave us brains to use and make decisions on our own given our own personal circumstances.  It's not meant to be a prescription.  

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori Alexander needs to learn about logical fallacies.

FTFY.

Kind of ironic for a person who was 'always learning', no?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I really hate when Lori does this "there is no verse that says..."   Lori ....we can play this game all day and night!  We can point our literally thousands and thousands of things (probably millions) of things there aren't verses for...like people becoming orthodontists, or orthodontic consultants just to name two. The Bible isn't specific for a LOT of reasons. ..like free will and God gave us brains to use and make decisions on our own given our own personal circumstances.  It's not meant to be a prescription.  

Yes, and I have a screenshot from years ago where she says "God doesn't have to give us a verse for everything".

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Koala said:

not.PNG.046541e11284009cdb2b05bc41a4b0d2.PNG

There isn't one verse in the NT that commands women to have a book or write a blog, either...

That should have said, "write a book or have a blog".  Got it backwards ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

I'm prone to emotional eating and overeating and I'm currently wrestling with those, so I have to watch what I'm eating and I have to question hunger pangs.

Moderation is key when it comes to food (and other things in life), but I doubt Lori's idea of moderation is good.

Emotional eating and overeating is a tough battle, but it can be won. I'm cheering for you!

Lori's idea of nutrition is woefully inadequate. I've watched a few of her videos about food and healthy eating and she is definitely not getting enough nutrients, or calories. I wouldn't be surprised if she struggles with anorexia or has struggled with it. Her relationship with food is unhealthy.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Hasn’t she gone on record saying “We shouldn’t expect happiness in this life”?  I have heard this mindset elsewhere(“A fleeting moment of pleasure now or an eternity of happiness in heaven?”).

Kay Arthur taught in one of her Precept bible studies that God is more interested in us being holy than happy.

Precept studies were pretty widespread in the 80s and 90s. I’m not sure how popular they are now, but this thinking (God cares more about holiness) was pretty prevalent amongst evangelicals—would that be the Dobson crowd? I was influenced by Precept and Dobson before I fell off the deep end and was caught up in the Fugate/Pearl/Ezzo crowd, even though I was too soft-hearted to “successfully” apply their teachings. I have an impression that Beth Moore bible studies superseded Precept, but I could be wrong about that.

Could the “God cares about holiness” teaching have been pushback against the prosperity gospel? (I remember RC Sproul really made a lot of $$$ in book sales and conference fees with his “holy” material.)

(except the hyper-calvinists we ended up with had a prosperity gospel of their own flavor. Just not a happy-clappy one.)

Edited by refugee
Autocorrect, and another thought
  • Upvote 8

@refugee

My understanding of the "God cares about holiness" was that it was first an attempt to balance several cultural aspects at the time:  not only prosperity gospel advocates, but a perception that liberalism had resulted in the  extreme of "Lordship salvation" emphasis.  I think that "God cares about holiness" was meant initially be to be a more balanced response, and to combat perceived liberalism "watering down" the church, but not swing the pendulum all the way into legalism.   Like many things that start with good intentions, it got taken too far to the extreme as well.

When we do not allow for grey areas, we also seem to negate the grey areas and tensions that are in the Bible.  I was very much guilty of this when I was fundie-lite.  But the more I experienced a life filled with dilemnas, the more I realized that the grey areas are where most of us live the bulk of our lives.

The Bible tells us to both be loving and Holy - but these are often in tension with one another.  As @SongRed7 so aptly said above, the Bible is not supposed to be a prescription.  We're given the parameters to help us evaluate things, and left to choose in a large grey area.  I think we are told to be holy so they we do not throw off morality to the wind completely and live in a selfish, bacchanalian "party until we die" manner.  And I then think we are told to be loving, so we don't (also selfish) live in austere piety that is removed from others.  We are not meant to be either extreme.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Out of curiosity as to what might come up, I goggled Fugate Pearl Ezzo just now. (I wasn’t sure how widespread Richard Fugate’s name recognition might be as I don’t recall seeing him mentioned on FJ.)

Anyhow, these were the first two hits. I had forgotten how contentious the Ezzo name was in the homeschooling community. And how triggering it is to read about.

http://www.tulipgirl.com/mt/archives/000777.html

http://minichfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/glue-sticks-are-for-gluing.html?m=1

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I was just listening to Lori's latest "Youtube." She says she is going to live at Cassi's house for two weeks, while Cassi and her husband vacation.

I believe Cassi is pregnant with her third and has two little girls around 2 and 4.

So Cassi will be leaving her little girls for two weeks, and Lori is supporting this. She's actually helping make it happen. 

Why is OK for Cassi to go off on a two-week vacation, but terrible for her to go on a two-week business trip? If small children need their mothers SO MUCH, and if even a grandma is a poor substitute, how is this OK?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

I feel your pain. We had an older, perfectly good ATV that simply needed a new battery. We use this machine for hauling wood, water, dog food, training dogs etc. I had planned out how much longer the ATV would last us before needing a new one. I sent my husband to the shop to buy a new battery. He came home with said battery. Later that day I got a call from a very nice salesman at the shop who said, "I'm calling to let you know your loan is approved for your new ATV. You can pick it up any time!"

I thanked the young man and asked my husband about it. His reply? "Oh, yeah, I meant to tell you about that."

We went ahead and got the new ATV too because we could afford it, but I was the one who drove it. LOL

As far as my mechanic husband having stuff. He owns 4 of every tool on planet earth and he inherited his father's tool chest when he passed away. It's ridiculous.

I have always been in charge of our finances, and I always will be.  Even when we were attempting Fundy.  Mr. Briefly sounds similar to your husband in your story about the ATV battery and buying a new one.  Which is not complaining or griping, I actually think it's kind of a funny story.  But Mr. Briefly, for all his intelligence, just can not successfully manage money/family finances at all.  He manages our business finances just fine, but he kind of loses his mind when it comes to our personal finances.  No idea why!

Mr. Briefly did do the research for the accounts we use for our retirement savings, but he made sure I knew every step and every company he checked into.

And yes, he does have multiples of tools - usually in multiples of 4. :)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Ezzo’s approach to sex education:

http://www.ezzo.info/Articles/coates_romi.htm

I'm just flailing with anger at that! In what world is deliberately stifling your child's knowledge a GOOD thing?! Especially with regard to THEIR OWN BODIES?!

That just sets up the poor kid for abuse and confusion as they grow!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Re: Proverbs 31

The problem I have is Lori's literal interpretation of the Bible. Example: "I will give you a few examples. The Pr. 31 woman bought a field and planted on it. This doesn't mean we must do this. She sewed things and sold them. There is no command in the NT for us to do likewise. She used a spindle and went far for her food. All things we don't have to use and do. It is a beautiful portrait of a beautiful woman but the exact commands on how we are to live are in the NT: meek and quiet spirit, modest, chaste, keeper at home, silent in the churches, etc."

Everything in the Bible is not meant to be a command, but it doesn't mean it is not useful. From what I can glean from Proverbs 31, it is about what women can do. We are not these frail creatures that need help all the time. We can be resourceful and crafty. We can be prepared for adversity because we are forward thinkers. We can even treat ourselves when all other needs are being met.

Aside from being silent in churches, there is nothing wrong with learning with a meek spirit and all of that. "Commands" from the NT came from Paul's letters. Letters are written to address specific problems to specific people as I previously mentioned. It needs to be addressed with that context. I would argue that being a "keeper of the home" is making sure your family doesn't starve and investing in quality goods. The "Proverbs 31 woman" was hard-working whether she was working in the home or outside at the marketplace.

Edited by ColeJo
  • Upvote 10

@ColeJo both Lori and Ken have said that those letters address everyone. They apply to us today and nothing has changed. 

I of course disagree with that. Lori’s precious Paul says it is better to not marry then marry unless you can’t control your urges. I know he is speaking to men but I believe this applies to women too. 

• Upvote 2

What kind of brain tumor does Lori have? My best guess would be Pituitary Adenoma (or maybe Meningioma).

Those are relatively benign and mostly just require surgery or sometimes radiation ; she didn't have chemo afaik.

Does she still get scans? Usually they don't grow back. It would explain SOME of her behaviour, I hope her family keeps that in mind. If there is a psychiatric condition that could explain the rest I guess  (99% sure there is a mental health problem mixed in there) - who knows, armchair diagnostics really don't work, but that lady is not normal by a long shot.

Early dementia could be a reason for some of her changes, it really seems like she is getting worse in every way.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

In this one, Lori "thanks God for Tucker Carlson," you know, the guy who defended child rape and calls women "pigs," "whores," and "cunts."

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

What kind of brain tumor does Lori have? My best guess would be Pituitary Adenoma (or maybe Meningioma).

Those are relatively benign and mostly just require surgery or sometimes radiation ; she didn't have chemo afaik.

Does she still get scans? Usually they don't grow back. It would explain SOME of her behaviour, I hope her family keeps that in mind. If there is a psychiatric condition that could explain the rest I guess  (99% sure there is a mental health problem mixed in there) - who knows, armchair diagnostics really don't work, but that lady is not normal by a long shot.

Early dementia could be a reason for some of her changes, it really seems like she is getting worse in every way.

Ding, ding, ding:

We anticipate all will go smoothly as God guides the well trained hands of the surgeon as he takes his instruments through Lori's nostrils to open up a three inch window in the front base of her skull to expose the Sella and Pituitary as the tumor falls out.

The tumor is located in a very delicate area called the sella turcica, the small boney socket behind the bridge of the nose that normally houses a dangling pituitary, the master hormone control gland at the base of the brain. The tumor is covering the carotid artery, smushing my pituitary, and just below my optic nerve. 

Our next course of action looks like it will be radiation which will most likely kill my pituitary and may make my vision worse the doctor told us.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Re: Liam showing up on Pickles page...I saw that, too.  Shouldn't he be busy earning money to "provide and protect" his beautifully submissive wife and 8 kids, two of whom he adopted from his wife's first marriage and who all have biblical names?  Oh, Liam...you seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

13 hours ago, Hisey said:

I was just listening to Lori's latest "Youtube." She says she is going to live at Cassi's house for two weeks, while Cassi and her husband vacation.

I think she was referring to when the baby is born....not a vacation...

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Today Lori is quoting Roosh again, and claims 'I don’t know anything about this man...'  I'm calling bullshit. She claims to do hours of research, but knows nothing about the people she quotes?  I think she knows exactly who Roosh is, and what he says, and while she may not outright condone his message I don't think it bothers her much.  He treats women like toys, which is basically what she thinks women are.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

If she links you to an article, why does she find it necessary to copy what the article says verbatim.  I thought she was teaching younger, godly women?  Once again, she strays from her poorly written purpose statement, seeking anything to help her go viral, particularly since she's on the verge of releasing a new book.  Her style of writing is not persuasive or compelling to cause self-reflection -- on any topic, not just the one she chose today.  

• Upvote 8

49 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Today Lori is quoting Roosh again, and claims 'I don’t know anything about this man...'  I'm calling bullshit. She claims to do hours of research, but knows nothing about the people she quotes?  I think she knows exactly who Roosh is, and what he says, and while she may not outright condone his message I don't think it bothers her much.  He treats women like toys, which is basically what she thinks women are.  

And of course it'st the fault of women, society, and government that he spent years fornicating...

If society were healthy, and if women were more traditional, most of my time would have been spent writing different kinds of books, maybe concerning religion or history. I would have a family, and spend much of my time nurturing the love between them without degenerate interference from the government or cultural elites.

Nope, can't blame himself, can he? ?

Oh, and then there's this:

I can’t help but notice that they started banning my books after I began telling men how to create genuine connections from a position of masculine strength. It’s okay to teach men how to have casual sex with sluts, like I did in Bang, which is still available for sale on Amazon by the way, but to create families from a patriarchal foundation? That’s too much!

That bit I just bolded? In his actual article, IT'S A LINK, SO YOU CAN BUY IT IF YOU WANT! So, stop having 'casual sex with sluts,' but please, buy my book that tells you how to have 'casual sex with sluts.'

I don't know whether to  ? or :laughing-rolling:  Maybe :angry-banghead: would be the better choice. 

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1

roosh.thumb.PNG.55bfc64817c713fc9e4c048bc2425cb7.PNG

The man in question is Roosh.  Funny how Lori claims to know nothing about him.  Clearly she knows enough to add a disclaimer, and warn her readers that she doesn't want to know anything that might force her to remove her post.  

Face it, Lori, you know exactly what you're promoting, you just don't have the guts to admit it yet.  You'll get there, though.  Remember years back when you told another blogger that you didn't have the courage to blog that you don't think women should have the right to vote?  You worked up to it, didn't you?  And you'll work up to this.  In the end, your hatred of women ALWAYS comings shining through.  It's your most prominent feature.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

• Georgiana locked this topic