IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Women long term thinkers - 

A couple years ago I  was working on my masters and I had to take an evaluation class. The professor also had a consulting job (like many do) and he did a couple evaluations for Heifer International. When Heifer first started they would give the animals to the men. HI would come back a year later and the chickens would be dead or goats sold, etc. HI figured out when they empowered the women the women held on to the livestock and helped other women/families grow their livestock too. The women weren't gambling away the chickens or eating all the eggs and not leaving some to grow into chickens or eating all the chickens so now there are none or trading them for magic beans. His study isn't published because he doesn't own it (HI does) but this is how HI addresses women and their program:

https://www.heifer.org/our-work/womens-empowerment-and-social-capital/index.html 

It’s been shown again and again that the most effective way to help impoverished communities is to support and assist small businesses for women.

When women have an independent income they almost invariably educate their children. And those children go on to help the whole community. The same supports targeted at men just don’t have the same success rates in the next generation. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 6

I saw a notebook doodle on f/b today that I can get behind! The original poster said to teach this to your daughters but I think it should be taught to sons and daughters. 

525025971_PANTSdoodle.jpg.5995339ea1fca56da03eefbd23ed7a32.jpg

• Upvote 29
  • Love 1

I love how Lori bashes "materialistic " working women when she sure picked herself a fella who makes a nice living so she wouldn't have to work.

Edited by cindyluvs24
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, lilith said:

It’s been shown again and again that the most effective way to help impoverished communities is to support and assist small businesses for women.

When women have an independent income they almost invariably educate their children. And those children go on to help the whole community. The same supports targeted at men just don’t have the same success rates in the next generation. 

About 15 years ago, I saw a BBC programme about micro-loans in India.

A woman took out a loan for a small fridge for her shop. After she bought the fridge, she was contacted by a health charity wanting to perform  immunizations to local children using her fridge as storage.

Because families were now at her shop to get their jabs, it became a centre for more trading. Meaning another employee.

More trading brought more families for preventative medicine which meant a nurse was funded by another NGO.  The presence of a nurse needed internet access to the shop.  So yet another employee was needed to support the nurse.

Internet access then spilled out into the local community needing yet another employee who was internet savvy.

So more distant people were coming in and trading..Getting basic medical care. Getting access to better farming techniques.

Just watching the progression from a simple fridge in a previous ignored village  to an integrated hub serving many thousands of people who were now able to access the best of 21st century life in a few years was fascinating.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 26

Why can’t lori ever just answer a question? Even if her answer is I don’t know but here is what the scriptures say. Lori is supposed to be spending hours researching the topics she writes about and Lori still doesn’t know. How about not PREACHING about things you don’t know. A godly older mentor should say I am not sure but this person may know. 3589327D-107C-4F42-8651-1D0BAFB78909.thumb.jpeg.179ab0cacf1cb889335d9f449aceb8f8.jpeg

• Upvote 8

@Lgirlrocks Yes, "I don't know" are not bad words. We are talking about someone who links to old posts and says it's the truth. If being a TEACHER was important to her, then she should know thoroughly research what she is going to teach. Being a teacher of the Word is a huge responsibility. God would be perfectly fine with someone answering, "I don't know the answer. Let me get back to you on that." Trust me, admitting that you don't know is much better than saying something that leads someone astray.

She seems to teach without thinking. Her teachings are reactionary and have little to do with Christian living. She needs to be careful about saying that her opinions are what God says. When I was given the opportunity to teach the young adults small group, we were to study James 2. I wanted to understand the main principles of the letter and why it was written because I wanted to be informed if anybody had any questions. The important thing about the New Testament letters is that they were written to specific people, at a specific time, for a particular reason. Lori doesn't seem to go that far while interpreting those letters. I don't think she engages in discussion of Scripture with other believers unless it aligns with her interpretation.

• Upvote 10

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

Women only look for short term solutions while men go for the long term? Heh. Someone please tell that to my husband. I keep telling him that if we don't get the drip in the washer fixed now, we're going to have a HUGE water bill in a couple of months. If we don't get the leak in the upstairs side window fixed before hurricane season, we're going to have part of the ceiling down in the living room. If we don't start clearing out some of the crap we have all over the house, our children are going to have to call Matt Paxton and Robin Zasio and we'll end up on Hoarders.

(I'd make a couple of calls myself to sort out the drip and leak, but I'd really like to avoid paying an arm and a leg if they're things my husband can fix himself. I have a feeling we'll have to call an expert for the window, though. Hence my hesitation.  If he doesn't get to these things soon, though, I'm ready to get it done myself. As for the hoarding, I do send boxes and bags of my own stuff to the thrift stores regularly. Hubby, on the other hand, brings tons more home. It's a vicious cycle. LOL) 

I feel your pain. We had an older, perfectly good ATV that simply needed a new battery. We use this machine for hauling wood, water, dog food, training dogs etc. I had planned out how much longer the ATV would last us before needing a new one. I sent my husband to the shop to buy a new battery. He came home with said battery. Later that day I got a call from a very nice salesman at the shop who said, "I'm calling to let you know your loan is approved for your new ATV. You can pick it up any time!"

I thanked the young man and asked my husband about it. His reply? "Oh, yeah, I meant to tell you about that."

We went ahead and got the new ATV too because we could afford it, but I was the one who drove it. LOL

As far as my mechanic husband having stuff. He owns 4 of every tool on planet earth and he inherited his father's tool chest when he passed away. It's ridiculous.

• Upvote 15

9 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

Aw, what a cute little doggo! I feel happier just looking at him.

Cutie!

9 hours ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

Most women I know, including myself, are long-term thinkers. I'm the one who plans for the future, pays bills with money goals for the future, plans vacations, thinks about our retirement, what will happen when we pass, etc. My husband does not think that way at all except maybe think about a business he'd like to open. Most men I know personally, with some exceptions, don't tend to be long-term thinkers.

I agree. I invested in our retirement. I tuck away money. And last year I took a small amount of money and started buying and trading stocks and have earned a tidy sum. 

I love my husband and he is an incredibly hard worker. That is his strength. Planning into the future is not and so I do it for us. And if I die before him, it's all laid out in my will. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Why can’t lori ever just answer a question? Even if her answer is I don’t know but here is what the scriptures say. Lori is supposed to be spending hours researching the topics she writes about and Lori still doesn’t know. How about not PREACHING about things you don’t know. A godly older mentor should say I am not sure but this person may know. 3589327D-107C-4F42-8651-1D0BAFB78909.thumb.jpeg.179ab0cacf1cb889335d9f449aceb8f8.jpeg

So surprise surprise, if women only listened to Godly Older Women (ie, Lori), there would be no single mothers or abandoned children and the world would be perfect. 

And feminism only fights for women’s rights and leaves children in the dust? Child support, domestic violence laws, access to childcare, access to education, maternity leave, women’s health services like obstetrics and contraception and abortion so women don’t have more children than they can actually care for..... so many feminist issues and causes help children. Because even though this may come as a surprise to Lori, most feminists aren’t childless lesbian academics, most feminists will actually be parents at some point in their lives. And yes, Lori, men can be feminists and men are parents too.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 8

22 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

One thing I've noticed on Lori's page is that it appears that a large number of the men commenting are single fathers/ divorced. I wonder why?

Those are her MRA/red pill followers and the number of them is growing year by year.    Lori has never been kittens and rainbows, but she's gotten significantly worse in the last maybe 5 years.

I think something (brain tumor?  dementia?  alcohol?) has caused her to let go of what little filters she had and we are seeing the real Lori more and more often.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 15

On the long term thinker issue. In our household it's me who is the problem solver and financial manager, not my brother. I'm the one managing the savings for emergencies and new things. If it would be him, there would be no savings and if things broke down and needed to be replaced, we had to wait for payday and go for the cheapest option there. So instead a small sum gets into the savings stocking for that. Came in handy yesterday, because my car broke down on the highway and needed to be towed to the car repair shop (200 € cash for the tow guy, bye bye new kitchen ?). Now I'm waiting for the call from the repair guys to give me the death news on my old car, they made me no hopes yesterday and I fear the worst.  So I will be the one figuring out how to get a new car and how to pay for it without a loan, not him.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, ColeJo said:

She seems to teach without thinking

I don't think she does any actual "teaching" .....she just tells people what to do, how to act, what to eat, and what to think.  Telling is not teaching in my book. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I don't think she does any actual "teaching" .....she just tells people what to do, how to act, what to eat, and what to think.  Telling is not teaching in my book. 

It's not teaching, it's spiritual blackmail. If you love Lori's god and his 'perfect ways' you'll do as she says. If you don't you'll lose your husband, your children, your peace of mind, and you will end up old, alone, and bitter (just like Lori, right?).  She's preying on women's fears, and wants them to be as miserable as she is.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

25 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Especially when what she's telling people is the opposite of what she actually does or did.

She can tell people stuff all day, because she's never actually done any of what she recommends her followers do.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Lori would love to remind us today that the Proverbs 31 woman never existed. But Lori still wants to put this example of Godly womanhood into a small, insignificant box. Now I might be reading from a heathen non-KJV Bible, but the following words do not appear in Proverbs 31: submission or help meet.

What I do see in Proverbs 31 is a woman who gets up early to fix food for everyone in her house, not someone who lays around until 10 or so and only makes a slimy salad for herself, leaving her children and husband to fend for themselves.

What I see in Proverbs 31 is a woman who works hard at her labors, not someone who was 'SO SICK' that she hired a housekeeper and a nanny to raise her children.

What I see in Proverbs 31 is a woman whose husband is respected, not someone whose husband has to run 'clean up' for her internet missteps.

What I see in Proverbs 31 is a woman who speaks with wisdom, not someone who can't teach their way out of a wet paper bag.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

The proverbs 31 women ran her own business and her house. It wasn’t her husbands business. She did it on her own. She was respected and respected others. D399468A-80DE-45E5-B004-E7AF6F03A284.thumb.jpeg.73fbef0baa4370c64c8988d5fc6553d2.jpeg

there isn’t a verse that commands women to stay home all day and not work. Being a keeper of the home and a helpmeet doesn’t mean you can’t work. Just because Lori couldn’t work and run her house doesn’t mean others can’t. Proverbs 31 women, like Lori, had servants to do her chores. 

• Upvote 16

18 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

A couple of thoughts... Firstly, Lori seems so much more coherent than in her current videos. She’s no eloquent talker by any means but she doesn’t raise eyebrows either. Secondly, her obsession with doing everything moderately (the irony... don’t even get me started!) is ridiculous and - not that moderate maybe?! Also, she has hunger pains due to having long gaps between meals. Sounds extreme to me. And the whole concept of watching what you eat so much is just something I dislike. Granted I never had weight issues and am really lucky in this regard, i just can’t wrap my head around how it can be healthy to not just eat when you feel like it. Sure, I don’t stuff myself with pizza and ice cream every day but I certainly take my butt to the fridge BEFORE I get hunger pains. There’s no joy, spontaneity or enjoyment in her life and I almost pity her - then I remember she beat one of her children for hours because he/she dropped some raisins as a toddler and her advocacy for spousal abuse and these feelings disappear as quickly as they came.

I'm prone to emotional eating and overeating and I'm currently wrestling with those, so I have to watch what I'm eating and I have to question hunger pangs.

Moderation is key when it comes to food (and other things in life), but I doubt Lori's idea of moderation is good.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

The proverbs 31 women ran her own business and her house. It wasn’t her husbands business. She did it on her own. She was respected and respected others. D399468A-80DE-45E5-B004-E7AF6F03A284.thumb.jpeg.73fbef0baa4370c64c8988d5fc6553d2.jpeg

there isn’t a verse that commands women to stay home all day and not work. Being a keeper of the home and a helpmeet doesn’t mean you can’t work. Just because Lori couldn’t work and run her house doesn’t mean others can’t. Proverbs 31 women, like Lori, had servants to do her chores. 

If Lori's not going to accept examples of acceptable behavior for women from the Bible, then she needs to stop holding up modern day examples.  That includes women who kept taking abuse, who totally submitted regardless of their own safety or the safety of their children, etc.  There may be no command in the Bible that says a woman must have her own business, but is there one that says she cannot?  No?  Then STFU, Lori.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Hasn’t she gone on record saying “We shouldn’t expect happiness in this life”?  I have heard this mindset elsewhere(“A fleeting moment of pleasure now or an eternity of happiness in heaven?”).

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Hasn’t she gone on record saying “We shouldn’t expect happiness in this life”?  I have heard this mindset elsewhere(“A fleeting moment of pleasure now or an eternity of happiness in heaven?”).

Lori says the only way to be happy is to live life according to her rules, but also says that her god doesn't really care if we're happy or not.  She really should make up her mind which way she wants to go with this.  

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Lori says the only way FOR HER to be happy is for other people to live life according to her rules, 

FTFY

Lori is only happy when she's making other people miserable.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

• Georgiana locked this topic