IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

Women only look for short term solutions while men go for the long term? Heh. Someone please tell that to my husband. I keep telling him that if we don't get the drip in the washer fixed now, we're going to have a HUGE water bill in a couple of months. If we don't get the leak in the upstairs side window fixed before hurricane season, we're going to have part of the ceiling down in the living room. If we don't start clearing out some of the crap we have all over the house, our children are going to have to call Matt Paxton and Robin Zasio and we'll end up on Hoarders.

(I'd make a couple of calls myself to sort out the drip and leak, but I'd really like to avoid paying an arm and a leg if they're things my husband can fix himself. I have a feeling we'll have to call an expert for the window, though. Hence my hesitation.  If he doesn't get to these things soon, though, I'm ready to get it done myself. As for the hoarding, I do send boxes and bags of my own stuff to the thrift stores regularly. Hubby, on the other hand, brings tons more home. It's a vicious cycle. LOL) 

Edited by Loveday
Punctuation counts.
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

and has a pair of leggings...but she doesn't like them much, so they are OK> 

Is that like eating something that doesn’t taste good, so the calories don’t count?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

Kyle's beloved Schopenhauer:

In Schopenhauer's 1851 essay On Women, he expressed his opposition to what he called "Teutonico-Christian stupidity" of reflexive unexamined reverence (abgeschmackten Weiberveneration)[198] for the female. Schopenhauer wrote that "Women are directly fitted for acting as the nurses and teachers of our early childhood by the fact that they are themselves childish, frivolous and short-sighted." He opined that women are deficient in artistic faculties and sense of justice, and expressed opposition to monogamy. Indeed, Rodgers and Thompson in Philosophers Behaving Badly call Schopenhauer "a misogynist without rival in ... Western philosophy". He claimed that "woman is by nature meant to obey". The essay does give some compliments, however: that "women are decidedly more sober in their judgment than [men] are", and are more sympathetic to the suffering of others.

The fixation with the Victorian era and way of life startles me.  This reminds me of the fellow Lori was in love with who made the statement that women were childish because they play with their children.  Schopenhauer was thrown out by his mother because she couldn't deal with him and he never married. 

"You are unbearable and burdensome, and very hard to live with; all your good qualities are overshadowed by your conceit, and made useless to the world simply because you cannot restrain your propensity to pick holes in other people."[44] 

Go figure the new age celibates bring him up.  When one is so convinced of their own rightness, it's hard for anyone to live with them.

Also:  add me to the list of folks who have a husband more worried about the now than 5, 10, 15 years in the future.  I have a daughter who is actively working toward future goals...that hardly seems short sighted  or frivolous.  

Edited by Imrlgoddess
syntax
  • Upvote 14
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I was out of town for a couple of days and I see Lori is doing the same crap again. But, I find it interesting that yesterday's post regarding men and careers has over 500 comments. I'm guessing Lori and her fangirl mods like the fun. Did anyone see if she deleted comments yesterday?

There are some new comments that I could see being deleted. A few comments mention husbands walking out in their wives, having disabled husbands who can't work and widows. 

This comment pissed me off.  My mother worked and I felt loved constantly. Also,  Ashley is just like Lori's other idiot fangirls who don't get that some mothers work to keep a roof over their family's heads, food on the table, and much needed resources like health insurance. It's always not about material items.  I'm pretty sure from looking at Ashley's FB page that she has plenty of nice things in her life and it doesn't appear she's a housewife.  I don't know if she's married. But, she works as a gospel singer and according to her website she also owns an event planning business. She has other comments saying that working women have driven down wages and men have to compete for jobs. 

This focus on women going to work and into debt to get "nice" things is start to get very old. It's not like men didn't go into debt for new cars, nice homes or electronic gadgets, too. Is it more ok that the man get up to his neck into debt so that his wife can stay home and they have a certain standart of living, but not the wife working to to get it without debt? Because HE accumulated the debt? Why is it better to live Naugler style in a stickshed, wearing treadbare clothes, but all is fine and dandy because mom homeschools the kids and they have no contact to the outside and can't compare their 3rd world living to others?

And the blogger Libby Anne has a thing to say about her men and careers post from yesterday, No One Asks Men to Choose between Family and Career and I agree with her.

• Upvote 14

The doodle by the single woman bemoaning what she doesn't have.  Lori should have responded with this verse from her Bible Hero, Paul:

1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

If that is a real person, and not a Lori written doodle, the person is very, very sad.  The single people in my realm find joy in many, many things.  I find joy in my spiritual growth, my family, my dogs, my friends, my hobbies, my work, my home, my church, traveling, etc. I find joy in bringing my bff's 92-year-old mother to shop at Ross and Trader Joe's.  I even find joy in Walmart grocery pickup instead of having to go into the store.  If it takes a man to make your life complete, you will never be happy.  If you look around you with open eyes, you will see so many things to be happy about.  Of course, Lori doesn't believe that because she has a one track mind that.  

Look at this face.  How can that not bring you joy?

Spoiler

Coco - Easter Bunny.jpg

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 29

51 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

This reminds me of the fellow Lori was in love with who made the statement that women were childish because they play with their children.  

Well, I guess my dad was childish then because I have fond memories of him playing with my siblings and I growing up. He's not physically able to do those things anymore and it makes me sad to know that my niece and any future children of mine or future nieces/nephews will not get to know him the way we did. Such a shame that fellow and similar have such a dislike of their kids and don't enjoy them. Kids remember the good times. I doubt Lori's children have fond and happy memories of their time together the way I have with my parents. 

Edited by dairyfreelife
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 15

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Women only look for short term solutions while men go for the long term? Heh. Someone please tell that to my husband. I keep telling him that if we don't get the drip in the washer fixed now, we're going to have a HUGE water bill in a couple of months. If we don't get the leak in the upstairs side window fixed before hurricane season, we're going to have part of the ceiling down in the living room. If we don't start clearing out some of the crap we have all over the house, our children are going to have to call Matt Paxton and Robin Zasio and we'll end up on Hoarders.

(I'd make a couple of calls myself to sort out the drip and leak, but I'd really like to avoid paying an arm and a leg if they're things my husband can fix himself. I have a feeling we'll have to call an expert for the window, though. Hence my hesitation.  If he doesn't get to these things soon, though, I'm ready to get it done myself. As for the hoarding, I do send boxes and bags of my own stuff to the thrift stores regularly. Hubby, on the other hand, brings tons more home. It's a vicious cycle. LOL) 

Sounds exactly like my husband. He recently got a new job and my first suggestion was that he now starts saving for his retirement and other long term items. He: "I want a new computer, I only have three of them and I rather like having four." I restrained myself from giving him a spread sheet of how much retirement money that computer could have given him. But he is an adult so a computer it will be I guess. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

The doodle by the single woman bemoaning what she doesn't have.  Lori should have responded with this verse from her Bible Hero, Paul:

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

If that is a real person, and not a Lori written doodle, the person is very, very sad.  The single people in my realm find joy in many, many things.  I find joy in my spiritual growth, my family, my dogs, my friends, my hobbies, my work, my home, my church, traveling, etc. I find joy in bringing my bff's 92-year-old mother to shop at Ross and Trader Joe's.  I even find joy in Walmart grocery pickup instead of having to go into the store.  If it takes a man to make your life complete, you will never be happy.  If you look around you with open eyes, you will see so many things to be happy about.  Of course, Lori doesn't believe that because she has a one track mind that.  

Hide contents

Coco - Easter Bunny.jpg

Awww its a happy pupper doggo. Smooches for the furbaby

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Most women I know, including myself, are long-term thinkers. I'm the one who plans for the future, pays bills with money goals for the future, plans vacations, thinks about our retirement, what will happen when we pass, etc. My husband does not think that way at all except maybe think about a business he'd like to open. Most men I know personally, with some exceptions, don't tend to be long-term thinkers.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Hide contents

Coco - Easter Bunny.jpg

Aw, what a cute little doggo! I feel happier just looking at him.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Lori and her sick MRA followers only use "science" when it suits them. When it doesn't, then they don't trust it. Also, they find one article that perfectly suits their agenda, regardless of critical reviews, and use it to justify evil. 

Hence this crock of shit about long-term thinking vs. vaccines. 

Lori also has often preached about women using anecdotal evidence from their own lives to make a general assumption, and how this is wrong, and men don't do it. Yet here she is doing it again and again.

Lori is dumb so she thinks all women must be dumb. It's her anecdotal evidence. By her own past preaching, she must be wrong. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Hi, I'm Teddy (a woman) and I'm a long-term thinker. I plan for retirement. I plan for my daughters' college educations. I plan for what I would like our 'forever' house to look like. Not only do I plan for these things, I communicate these plans to my husband and say, "look, Mr. I-Haven't-Set-Up-My-Thrift-Savings-Plan-Yet, I have been socking money away into a mutual fund since I was 12 and I am not stopping now. How 'bout you start up your TSP AND start contributing to the mutual fund, AND let's get mutual funds going for the young Bonkers?"

*it was a little bit nicer than that, but it did not require Lori-levels of deception*

And honestly, it took a shit-ton of long term planning to poke a hole in a diaphragm, didn't it, Lori?

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Hide contents

Coco - Easter Bunny.jpg

And I love the matching nails too! I like to think y’all coordinated Easter outfits. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Women long term thinkers - 

A couple years ago I  was working on my masters and I had to take an evaluation class. The professor also had a consulting job (like many do) and he did a couple evaluations for Heifer International. When Heifer first started they would give the animals to the men. HI would come back a year later and the chickens would be dead or goats sold, etc. HI figured out when they empowered the women the women held on to the livestock and helped other women/families grow their livestock too. The women weren't gambling away the chickens or eating all the eggs and not leaving some to grow into chickens or eating all the chickens so now there are none or trading them for magic beans. His study isn't published because he doesn't own it (HI does) but this is how HI addresses women and their program:

https://www.heifer.org/our-work/womens-empowerment-and-social-capital/index.html 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

If it takes a man to make your life complete, you will never be happy.  

I think this is the single most important thing all girls/women/etc. should learn. 

Most men don't seem to think that way. Sure, they'd like to have a partner, it would benefit them greatly to have one, but as a whole they don't seem to have to have somebody like many women and girls I have met. I have met so many people (especially high school/young adult women) who cannot seem to survive without a boyfriend or husband, and go from man to man hoping to find happiness. 

Every person is a complete person. All by themselves. 

A good partner can make you happier, but if you're not happy on your own you'll never be truly happy with somebody else. 

I fully expect to be single forever. If a guy shows up who is really amazing that I click with, awesome, but if not, I'm happy as I am.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 12

3 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Well, I guess my dad was childish then because I have fond memories of him playing with my siblings and I growing up. 

The best part of having kids was getting to play again!  I loved going to the park, zoo, amusement parks, out to lunch, Mommy and Me classes, etc.  Hopefully my kids enjoyed it as much as I did! ?

Halloween, Christmas, Easter were so much fun!  I'll take being called childish as a compliment.  Better that than a tight ass old curmudgeon (looking at you, Lori) any day.

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 18

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Coco - Easter Bunny.jpg

Not only this - but this single person is buying into the lie from the pit of hell that Lori propagates that her life is somehow less-than because she is not married and does not have children.  It's like she is automatically relegated to a life without purpose or meaning in Lori's view.  And that simply is NOT TRUE.  A mentor would look for ways to help this woman find meaning and value, to see her own beauty and agency as a person.  

Additionally, when 2/3 of adult church attenders are women, there are bound to be single ladies.  Should these ladies be marrying non-church attending men, Lori?  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

This focus on women going to work and into debt to get "nice" things is start to get very old. It's not like men didn't go into debt for new cars, nice homes or electronic gadgets, too. Is it more ok that the man get up to his neck into debt so that his wife can stay home and they have a certain standart of living, but not the wife working to to get it without debt? Because HE accumulated the debt? Why is it better to live Naugler style in a stickshed, wearing treadbare clothes, but all is fine and dandy because mom homeschools the kids and they have no contact to the outside and can't compare their 3rd world living to others?

And the blogger Libby Anne has a thing to say about her men and careers post from yesterday, No One Asks Men to Choose between Family and Career and I agree with her.

I agree, it's starting to get old and I'm also tired of the whole thing about all two income families being materialistic. I do think  Lori and some of her her fangirls have debts despite their constant claims of working women/two income families going into debt for things. Last year, a fangirl wrote about how she and her husband couldn't get an affordable mortgage on his income and they were renting. There is nothing wrong with renting, but I can see why people want home ownership and if both spouses work to pay a mortgage then they shouldn't be bashed. They are providing a home for their kids. 

I would love to see Lori spend time with Nauglers lol. 

• Upvote 13

Although it’s around half a year old, this video of Lori’s was just suggested to me by YouTube: 

A couple of thoughts... Firstly, Lori seems so much more coherent than in her current videos. She’s no eloquent talker by any means but she doesn’t raise eyebrows either. Secondly, her obsession with doing everything moderately (the irony... don’t even get me started!) is ridiculous and - not that moderate maybe?! Also, she has hunger pains due to having long gaps between meals. Sounds extreme to me. And the whole concept of watching what you eat so much is just something I dislike. Granted I never had weight issues and am really lucky in this regard, i just can’t wrap my head around how it can be healthy to not just eat when you feel like it. Sure, I don’t stuff myself with pizza and ice cream every day but I certainly take my butt to the fridge BEFORE I get hunger pains. There’s no joy, spontaneity or enjoyment in her life and I almost pity her - then I remember she beat one of her children for hours because he/she dropped some raisins as a toddler and her advocacy for spousal abuse and these feelings disappear as quickly as they came. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Although it’s around half a year old, this video of Lori’s was just suggested to me by YouTube: 

A couple of thoughts... Firstly, Lori seems so much more coherent than in her current videos. She’s no eloquent talker by any means but she doesn’t raise eyebrows either.

Yes, much more coherent, and I didn't see/hear any of those annoying little giggles in the couple of minutes I watched.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Her face is more filled in and she isn’t giggling, like she does now. She was crazy back then, but now she comes across as completely off the rails/send her for a psychiatric evaluation crazy. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I think this is the single most important thing all girls/women/etc. should learn. 

Most men don't seem to think that way. Sure, they'd like to have a partner, it would benefit them greatly to have one, but as a whole they don't seem to have to have somebody like many women and girls I have met. I have met so many people (especially high school/young adult women) who cannot seem to survive without a boyfriend or husband, and go from man to man hoping to find happiness. 

Every person is a complete person. All by themselves. 

A good partner can make you happier, but if you're not happy on your own you'll never be truly happy with somebody else. 

I fully expect to be single forever. If a guy shows up who is really amazing that I click with, awesome, but if not, I'm happy as I am.

I told my niece when she was 12 that she needed to learn to be independent and support herself.  She's married now, but got her MBA before she found Mr. Right.  She has a good job working for a NASA subcontractor.  My goal for her was to learn that her self-worth wasn't tied to anyone else.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

@dairyfreelife, Some of my fondest memories are of spending time with my dad.  He loved to fish, and it was probably one of those things to keep me occupied or to get something done that he didn't like, but I have a lot of memories of cutting bait for him.  Which meant that I was spending time with him that we both enjoyed.

@wallysmommy, your furbaby is so cute!  Just adorable!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Thank you all for the kind comments about my Coco.  I'll bring you all some more happiness.  I have 4 furbabies and these are their Easter pictures.  In order, they are Wally (the old man), Jazzy (the only girl), Coco (my newest baby, who was rescued out of traffic, and Foxy. They love unconditionally and bring me so much joy.

Spoiler

415234709_Wally-Easter.thumb.jpg.78cf37340e2c69d5a6941903f7b8a6db.jpg

Spoiler

Jazzy - Easter Bunny.jpg

Spoiler

1267365336_Foxy-EasterBunny.thumb.jpg.114222d62f526b82b5c07ba898d9d252.jpg

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 27

• Georgiana locked this topic