IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

1 hour ago, Lisafer said:

erribly excited over here to find someone who writes dirty books for a living! I thought perhaps I was the lone erotica writer on FJ! 

(Not at all the point of your post, but I had to squee for a minute anyway!)

LOL!  You aren't  - there are a few of us!  

• Upvote 7

Today's post really crosses a line. I think it should be reported. I wonder who to report it to. Facebook? Wordpress? Google? There must be someone.

She's basically telling women (after giving a coy disclaimer) that they should stay with their violent husbands. 

A few days ago, I saw her tell a woman that it was too bad she experienced painful sex, but she shouldn't use this as an excuse to deny her husband.  No one says we are here to be happy. Pain is part of life. 

However, today's post upsets me even more, since I grew up with domestic violence and since an abuser often abuses the children as well as the wife. So today's crappy advice could actually hurt (or even kill) multiple people.

At the very least, I will take a screen cap of today's post. I'll keep it along with Ken's incest post. The incest post he desperately is trying to hide (I've seen him squirm and refuse to talk when someone mentioned it). 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

@SuperNova

Thank you for that information!  I didn't know about that.  I was worried after I posted that someone might read what I put as more than sharing what my doctor and I have worked out for my particular situation.  I am truly sorry that you are suffering.  Health care is definitely not a one-size-fits-all service.  

With regard to Lori - she advocates what some friends of mine dubbed the "inverse prosperity gospel" years ago - that is, the idea that only those who are suffering are "Godly".  This is just as false as faith = prosperity.  At it's core, it is a manipulative formulaic approach.  "I.E.  if I suffer x, then God will have to do  y"

Most of us prefer our marriages (and our faiths) to be deeply personal relationships about more than simply getting something from another.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

My thoughts on today's post

https://thingsgodlywomensay.wordpress.com/2019/04/23/is-leaving-abuse-a-biblical-option-or-not/

I point out in the past she said there are no biblical exceptions to leaving in the case of abuse and today she does a 180. 

In addition, she told that one woman to not discount Darla's story ...at the same time Lori is free to discount the stories of all the exceptions. 

Over on my fb page, I share a screenshot where she deleted a woman who shared the story of someone who ended up dead by staying. She discounted that story by deleting it and she does that all damn day long. Begs women not to discount the stories that fits her agenda and deletes the stories that don't fit. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 4
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Maybe she gets off on the thought of women suffering and dying, I dunno, but I do know that no woman should EVER take her advice.  

More than all of her drivel combined, this topic burns me to no end. I don't believe for one minute Lori would ever tolerate this kind of abuse.  Heck, she wouldn't tolerate it if Ken refused to let her buy $14 butter and a wardrobe of new "feminine shirts" (today's video) or expensive cosmetics and supplements. 

But while she says she would never counsel a woman to stay (can you say CYA? -- that's what that is), the rest of the post is about shaming and guilting an abused woman to suffer and stay with her abuser.  Women in that situation are already often embarrassed, doubtful of themselves, and insecure due to the abuse, and this crap just reinforces it.  Christ weeps. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 14

Lori is vile. Really and truly vile. And Ken is as well because he knows what she is writing and how she is twisting Scripture. This is the polar opposite of godly. It is also a stunning example of how the books of the Bible were written for specific people, at specific times. We can learn lessons from these books, but they aren't absolute truth any more than Aesop's fables are absolute truth.

My Native culture uses stories to help people understand the world around them and to teach us how to interact with each other. Children are told, for example, about a river monster that will reach out and grab them if they get too close to the water. Is there a real monster? Of course not. The story is designed to keep them safe. 

Our stories teach us how to live and to love. They teach us how to deal with grief and anger. They comfort us and sometimes challenge us. In the end, they are simply stories - illustrations that help to provide a moral compass. 

Lori used I Peter 3:1 to say that women should stay in abusive marriages and suffer for Christ. That is a complete abomination and twisting of the meaning of this verse. 

https://withmeagrepowers.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/does-1-peter-condone-domestic-violence/

• Upvote 9
  • Love 6

Thank you to those of you who write erotic fiction. I read those stories all the time. ☺️

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

A few days ago, I saw her tell a woman that it was too bad she experienced painful sex, but she shouldn't use this as an excuse to deny her husband.  No one says we are here to be happy. Pain is part of life. 

Unless it's Lori herself feeling the pain.

Remember when she had thr last surgery on her brain tumor?  Her doctor wanted to put the surgery off for a short while because...he was going out of town maybe?  I forget the reason, but Lori told him she was too sick to wait.

I think she might have had his partner do it so she didn't have to wait.  It's been awhile and I'm forgetting some of the details, but I've always remembered her writing that she told her doctor she was too sick to wait to have surgery, while she is so friggin' dismissive of other people's pain.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

Why doesn't she make herself useful and actually, you know, spend her days cleaning, cooking, etc.? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Holy shit, that egg video. So she woke up this morning and said to herself, you know what this world needs? A "youtube" of me chopping an egg in half.

Who does that? Lizard people, that's who.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 25
  • Love 1

How baggy is baggy enough when selecting jeans, Lori?

Edited by hollyfeller
Video added incorrectly the first time
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

More than all of her drivel combined, this topic burns me to no end. I don't believe for one minute Lori would ever tolerate this kind of abuse.  Heck, she wouldn't tolerate it if Ken refused to let her buy $14 butter and a wardrobe of new "feminine shirts" (today's video) or expensive cosmetics and supplements. 

But while she says she would never counsel a woman to stay (can you say CYA? -- that's what that is), the rest of the post is about shaming and guilting an abused woman to suffer and stay with her abuser.  Women in that situation are already often embarrassed, doubtful of themselves, and insecure due to the abuse, and this crap just reinforces it.  Christ weeps. 

No she wouldn't tolerate it. I don't think Ken is the abusive partner in the relationship. An asshole, yes, but Lori's the one who said she hit Ken before, never mentioned the other way around. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I TRIED to watch the video. I made it 54 seconds before I had to turn it off. What is she babbling on about now? Admittedly I'm currently in monochromatic grey, baggy-ass t-shirt and yoga pants. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

How baggy is baggy enough when selecting jeans, Lori?

The giggling.  I couldn't stand it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Good God, don't play a drinking game with the word "feminine" while watching that video.  You'll be under the table by the 3 minute mark!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

The mental gymnastics astounds me. This is sowing a lot of confusion on the issue of domestic violence. It was very prevalent in my family. I wasn't alive when this was occurring with both sets of grandparents, but I remember the situation with my aunt very well. It started out when she got a broken arm. I was very young and highly suspicious. Then, we get a call that her husband choked her. She was physically fine. He was arrested. He had no contact orders and everything. They even divorced. Then, the courts allowed my aunt limited visitation at the jail. When he was released, the courts allowed supervised visitations at his parents' house. The incident occurred in 2011, they divorced in 2014, and remarried in 2018.

Reconciliation occurred outside the home. He's not a drunk anymore. My sister and I still struggle with what he did, but I believe that people can change if that is what they want. The National Domestic Violence Hotline even has resources to help abusers recognize what they are doing and what they can do to change.

This case is concerning because she stayed in the home while trying to make him change. I would be even more concerned if there were children involved. God can change him if the abusing partner wants to change. This can happen with the other partner outside of the home. 

The risk factors of domestic violence are substance use, poverty, and issues with employment. Both sets of grandparents experienced this and it affected my parents growing up. There are still effects another generation later. My dad had a lot of anger issues and did things that might be considered emotionally abusive. My mom, well, she wasn't very nurturing. When intimate partner violence occurs, the caregiver is not available to nurture the child. Having a child endure this would not be biblical. This crap is not supposed to be endured. It is not a test. It is not a trial. It is evil. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 16

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

"Big" decisions should be made mutually and discussed to death FIRST. Pros and cons, effect on family, etc. should be discussed until both parties are comfortable with whatever decision you're trying to make. We've made a few of these, and they all were discussed to death before a decision was made. Do y'all remember the saga of us looking for a new apartment? We visited 10+ complexes, discussed the pros and cons of each one and finally made a decision. It took over a month to come to the decision. Shit, deciding to buy a car was easier. 

We have other problems but unilateral "final" decisions aren't one of them. 

One of the things that I regret from our attempt at Fundy is that I basically quit making decisions.  Except for the decision that I could not live that way any longer!  Before our attempt, we argued a lot over decisions and that was a big part of my decision to suggest Fundy.  After I came to my senses, which is a polite way of saying pulled my head out, one of the first things I decided was that we would both decide on things.  We would discuss things and then decide on them.  I wish I'd suggested we discuss things when we had a decision, instead of suggesting Fundy (there were other issues but that is the one that sticks in my mind).  Now, I think we have finally gotten to the point where we can discuss things and then usually come to an agreed-upon decision.  Although I have noticed that Mr. Briefly actually seems to be deferring to me more often on things - which I really noticed when we had to call a plumber to fix a bathroom issue last week.

I hope I am making sense. I'm dealing with allergies that are trying to kill me, and that makes my TBI word issues act up, too.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Queen of hypocrites admitted she wears skinny jeans!  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Although I have noticed that Mr. Briefly actually seems to be deferring to me more often on things - which I really noticed when we had to call a plumber to fix a bathroom issue last week.

Mr. Xtian has a tendency to defer to me on most things...which makes me pull back. See, I know me...I can be a bulldozer and VERY decisive where he isn't. So, I tend to pull back and wait for him to say something. He's rarely come right out and "put his foot down" in the 20+ years we've been together, so the two or three times he has, I tend to listen. 

6 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I hope I am making sense. I'm dealing with allergies that are trying to kill me, and that makes my TBI word issues act up, too.

You made perfect sense but then again I've been taking painkillers and dealing with the fucking bruised ribs from my not-so-acrobatic aerial trick last week. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Until feminism women worked to make money for their families. It wasn’t about being fulfilled. Feminism has allowed women to have a choice and to be able to make a career out of their work. 022897FC-867A-43C8-AC8E-9EF45710A929.thumb.png.7ec1eebd2b9057f59f35538aa301b179.png

Spoiler

64220EE2-9D66-4C3A-8D55-15D748F9BE92.thumb.jpeg.1d9d63134adbbb3929da70507541f9e9.jpeg

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I TRIED to watch the video. I made it 54 seconds before I had to turn it off. What is she babbling on about now? Admittedly I'm currently in monochromatic grey, baggy-ass t-shirt and yoga pants. 

This is going to sound nuts (it sounds nuts to me), but after watching that video, I think I can safely say that Ken definitely has his own room.

Why?  That's the nuts part.  This morning when I was making my husband's and my bed, I noticed that the pillows were all lumpy and needed replacing.  Watching Lori's video, I noticed something similar.  The pillow closest to the wall looks new.  It's stands straight, and you can tell it hasn't been slept on.  The pillow closest to Lori is lumpy, and doesn't stand well.  

Nuts?  Yep.  Guess we can't help what we notice, though... (arrow pointing to the pillow that's clearly never used)

new.thumb.PNG.28bbd5cf4cb54f9fe2f8650f5b94237f.PNG

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

@Koala, I believe that you are right:  Ken has his own room.  I hope that Ken's room is full of color, pictures, decorations, a little messy, because Lori's room is sterile and (like her personality) boring.

• Upvote 12

44 minutes ago, Koala said:

This is going to sound nuts (it sounds nuts to me), but after watching that video, I think I can safely say that Ken definitely has his own room.

Why?  That's the nuts part.  This morning when I was making my husband's and my bed, I noticed that the pillows were all lumpy and needed replacing.  Watching Lori's video, I noticed something similar.  The pillow closest to the wall looks new.  It's stands straight, and you can tell it hasn't been slept on.  The pillow closest to Lori is lumpy, and doesn't stand well.  

Nuts?  Yep.  Guess we can't help what we notice, though... (arrow pointing to the pillow that's clearly never used)

new.thumb.PNG.28bbd5cf4cb54f9fe2f8650f5b94237f.PNG

Can you imagine being trapped in Lori's bed between her and the wall? Damn! I'd take a spoon to bed and tunnel out of there Shawshank-style. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17

• Georgiana locked this topic