IGNORED

Columbine Massacre 20 year Anniversary

JordynDarby5

17 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

As I recall from an interview Sue Klebold gave a couple of years ago, Dylan’s brother was involved with drugs during the same time period that he and Eric Harris were planning the attacks. The family was so absorbed in the brother’s problems that Dylan fell through the cracks. All of this is yet another reason not to have Duggar sized families, since I seriously doubt that the Duggars and those of their ilk could handle multiple children in distress, other than send them to re-education camp.

I saw that interview. Every time Eric got in trouble his dad would flip out and go off on police or who ever and refuse to believe his son did it no matter what anyone said. All that's going to do is embolden his to do more. It can be really hard to convince parents that their son is troubled and to get him help. So many refuse to believe whether its denial or what that its hard to get help for the kids that need it. The police didn't help either they kept chalking up whatever the boys did as teen rebellion, petty or something. They too need better training. There is a difference between teen rebellion and escalating problems. The one teenage boy I believe used to be a friend of Dylan's but became a target. One or both boys fired gun shots into the boy's car? That is not a prank. In every book I've read and interviews by psychologists and others everyone classifies Eric as a psychopath which from his videos and diaries he clearly is. Its really hard to believe that someone that young could fool everyone.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

As I recall from an interview Sue Klebold gave a couple of years ago, Dylan’s brother was involved with drugs during the same time period that he and Eric Harris were planning the attacks. The family was so absorbed in the brother’s problems that Dylan fell through the cracks. All of this is yet another reason not to have Duggar sized families, since I seriously doubt that the Duggars and those of their ilk could handle multiple children in distress, other than send them to re-education camp.

If the Duggar kids are in distress they can make an appointment with their parents.  Calendar is on the fridge.  These are the same parents who gave all their kids "J" names so none would feel left out.  WTF.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/columbine-high-shooting-survivor-dies-from-the-very-disease-he-fought-family/ar-AABAw0B?ocid=spartanntp

We should be able to do better. Put an end to school shootings.  Make it so no one dies in a school shooting, and none of the survivors, family and friends are lost to suicide, drugs or alcohol steaming from it. Everyone deserves better.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

What a sad story @JordynDarby5, just sad.  He was a teenager when he went through major trauma and of course it affected him.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I was sad to read about Austin's death, he is another victim of Harris and Klebold because if they hadn't shot and wounded him then he wouldn't have began taking those pain killers that lead to his addiction. More needs to be done to help those physically and mentally injured in mass shootings and terrorist attacks as people are turning to drugs or suicide in the years following the tragedy's.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

On 5/5/2019 at 5:32 PM, Themanda Duggar said:

I think about Mamie Till, and her insistence that her child’s brutalized body be publicly displayed in an open casket for all to see, and the impact that image had on the public.  When people saw the photos of Emmett’s body, so battered that he was unrecognizable, the narrative changed.  I think the public needs to be shocked in the same way over gun violence. 

I just wanted to have a snack and go to sleep, then researched Emmett Till for a little. I had known his story but hadn’t seen a photo of his corpse. It made me sick to my stomach. Not his face itself, but a violence so horrible I will not try putting it into words cause they will fail me anyway. The fact I cannot imagine, and that’s not a rhetorical statement, what one has to do to someone to make him look like this. 

Then, by chance, I found an article about Jesse Washington’s lynching and I read about how he was slowly tortured and grilled over an open fire for two hours. It made me so angry and sad I now feel physically ill.

It isn’t the right answer, my rational side knows that, but it makes me feel that just out of spite, white women shouldn’t date white men. Of course I know how highly questionable this is, that it implies defining people by the color of their skin, holding grunges against people who have nothing whatsoever to do with his murder. I know... I know... but the description of Jesse Washington trying to pull himself up on the chain to get away from the fire but he couldn’t cause they had cut his fingers... I don’t think I’ll ever forget this image in my mind and at least for tonight, I can’t think rationally. So in the hopes for finding some sleep eventually, I’m venting here. Fuck these people and may his killers and those who applauded and supported them rot in hell for all eternity. 

• Sad 8