IGNORED

Alyssa & John 3: Modesty Make-Up

samurai_sarah

On 4/28/2019 at 6:59 PM, SilverBeach said:

People can belong to churches and not believe or support everything the church believes. My most recent church held to marriage being between one cishet man and one cishet woman (all those OT variations notwithstanding). It was pretty liberal in other ways, with women pastors, elder's,deacons, no demand to tithe, no dress code, lots of community service, etc. I am very affirming and let them know I didn't agree with the denominations' stance on marriage, which almost caused a split. But the beliefs described here, no evolution, etc., are just over the top, I doubt I would have been attracted to such a place.  A lot of people never read their church statement of faith to know what is says. Church is social and an obligation for many.

Compulsory money tithing is bull. The OT tithe was agricultural and was given to the priestly class who could not farm. It is a good principle to support charitable works, but that does not have to be limited to a church, and those who cannot afford to give much should not be guilt tripped into doing so. I cannot stand church begging.

I think what you describe is true for many people in my country that still go to church. I have absolutely no idea what  the statement of my church is nor do I know if there even is a public statement as such. I don’t care at all if my church believes that the world was made in seven days (pretty sure they don’t though). Whatever the statement may be- it won’t affect what I believe. But as far as I am concerned the Union of Protestant churches in my country is pretty liberal. With this background I have to remind myself that this doesn’t seem to be the mindset in the US. Because just attending a church with a VERY conservative statement would not imply anything here but people draw all sorts of conclusions for our Fundies. I am sure they are right but it’s hard sometimes to follow this thinking because I grew up in a different society. 

I don’t believe we will see any of the Bates or Duggar offspring leaving their fundamentalist believes. Maybe the third generation. I hope those sweet children will grow up with softer parenting methods and more possibilities for education and being an individual . That would be a win already in my books.

• Upvote 4

My cousins go to a church called "Calvary Church." It's the resident megachurch and has a young pastor and contemporary Christian music. They drifted away from Catholicism because it was boring and they didn't like the pedo-priests, anti-gay stuff. HOWEVER the new church is an Assembly of God church that has almost WORSE beliefs!! They don't know it, even though the statement of beliefs is posted right on the website. I guess the sermons aren't inflammatory, but I still regard my cousins in a lower light because of this. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 4/28/2019 at 1:28 PM, Casserole said:

In his bio it says: 

so my guess is he doesn't only operate on children. 

My pediatrician growing up drew the line at age 21 (which I also believe is the American Academy of Pediatrics' recommended age cutoff), so with her being 24 I'd say no, she is not considered a pediatric patient. 

In that hospital picture, Alyssa looks like she's 12.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Hearkening back to the carpet. When we moved in here, the family before us had three kids and the carpet looks like it, IYKWIM. I was pregnant at the time so I was looking for someone who could do carpet cleaning without chemicals. Mistake. It didn't even look like they cleaned it. I have been thinking about it a lot lately even though it's been a while and I wish, when they said they probably couldn't get anything up, I would have said "Okay, thank you anyway, I'll need to find someone else," and then called someone like Stanley Steamer. I have some big spots in my living room and play room that I'm self conscious about. I need to suck it up and call someone else out here, but it would have been nice to have gotten it super clean before we moved in. You live and you learn. 

• Upvote 6

Alyssa whyyyy ? McDonald’s is not a cute photo opp. Must not have had someone to take a church family photo this Sunday! Also HOW DOES SHE STAY SKINNY EATING SO MUCH FAST FOOD???!? I’ll never know ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

58 minutes ago, SassySnarker said:

Alyssa whyyyy ? McDonald’s is not a cute photo opp. Must not have had someone to take a church family photo this Sunday! Also HOW DOES SHE STAY SKINNY EATING SO MUCH FAST FOOD???!? I’ll never know ?

Alyssa honey--my smart phone would have let me crop the UHaul out of the top of your photo in about 5 seconds.

Also, does she ever get chilly in airconditioning? She's got no fat to keep her warm [unlike me]

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Alyssa honey--my smart phone would have let me crop the UHaul out of the top of your photo in about 5 seconds.

And that's not nearly as bad as the sign next to John in the second pic!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

And that's not nearly as bad as the sign next to John in the second pic!

I took a 4 hour I-phone photography class a few years ago & it was so helpful to me because I have zero past photography training. All of these influencers could benefit from some tips, and I don't know why they haven't gotten some from the wagonloads of fundy photogs out there.

• Upvote 8

when Alyssa enjoys time in her car because she can get coffee and the kids are in the car seat that tells me girl you can't handle anymore right now. sadly I see her pregnant again soon. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

She just did an Insta story about perfume. Does she really buy $100 bottles of perfume. If she does, Girl is making more money than I thought. I also thought with the heightened awareness to allergies and sensitivities, perfume is sort of passé these days.

And she really looks like Carlin in the above IG photo.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Confused 1

On 4/28/2019 at 1:28 PM, Casserole said:

My pediatrician growing up drew the line at age 21 (which I also believe is the American Academy of Pediatrics' recommended age cutoff), so with her being 24 I'd say no, she is not considered a pediatric patient. 

My oldest is about to be booted out of the pediatrician he's had since birth.  I am so bummed.  I'd see this doctor if I could, I just love him.

Makes me think of Friends:

Spoiler

image.png.224edbb8306460c0f4335cb19371ac5a.png

• Haha 14
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

My oldest is about to be booted out of the pediatrician he's had since birth.  I am so bummed.  I'd see this doctor if I could, I just love him.

Makes me think of Friends:

Hide contents

image.png.224edbb8306460c0f4335cb19371ac5a.png

That episode is so funny!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

when Alyssa enjoys time in her car because she can get coffee and the kids are in the car seat that tells me girl you can't handle anymore right now. sadly I see her pregnant again soon. 

I don’t really like defending her, but I have a toddler and I kind of get this sentiment. Very young kids can be so demanding and you have to be so ON all the time when you’re a stay at home parent and society demands you enjoy every single second of it (or else you’re a monster apparently.) That can be difficult for any parent, but it can be especially taxing for those of us who are more naturally introverted. I love my daughter fiercely, but there are times I feel pretty relieved to be in the car too because it means I’ll get a bit of a break for a while. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with acknowledging that. Parenting is hard sometimes and everyone needs a break once in a while. Sometimes the car is the only option you have for a break.

I do think you’re right that Alyssa would do well with just the smaller family they have now though. So long as these couples appear to remain involved with IBLP I don’t want any of them having more kids, but Alyssa especially seems like she’d really thrive if they didn’t have more kids. Their girls would definitely benefit from all the individual attention they’d continue to get from their parents that way. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Oh I’ll defend her! I have two kids two and under. When you’re a SAHM every day is Groundhog Day and some days you’re just not feeling it. Just like anything else. Doesn’t mean I am tapped out and miserable or that I don’t want more children. Sometimes we just need to all get out of the house and she’s right - when they’re all strapped in and making faces at each other and giggling it’s just a relief. I can pop them in the stroller and go do Target or I can take the long way to the grocery store there and back and give myself an off day. When we get home it’ll be time for them to eat and nap. Doesn’t mean I don’t adore them more than life or that I’m burnt out. It’s like taking a SAHM’s mental health day. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

I have a five year old and a one year old and I’ve found lately that driving in the car is when I’m the most relaxed. It’s the only time I get to listen to music I like and I get to sit down lol. My one year old is always getting into everything so I feel like I’m always standing, and he doesnt take good naps either. So while I’m no fan of Alyssa, I can totally relate to that post. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

There's nothing wrong with any parent admitting that they love the car because it gives them a break. Kids are rough, I don't even have any and I know that. That being said, if Alyssa keeps going at the rate that she is so far with kids, she has about 20ish years, give or take, of fertility left; that's a whole shit load of kids. The average parent will stop, the kids will grow up, they will not always be toddlers, they will not always need that much attention; it's not that way with fundies. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

There's nothing wrong with any parent admitting that they love the car because it gives them a break. Kids are rough, I don't even have any and I know that. That being said, if Alyssa keeps going at the rate that she is so far with kids, she has about 20ish years, give or take, of fertility left; that's a whole shit load of kids. The average parent will stop, the kids will grow up, they will not always be toddlers, they will not always need that much attention; it's not that way with fundies. 

right I do think Alyssa loves her children but right now she's got three four and under and she's struggling and she has health issues and I think that's when many people would step back and say is it a good idea to have more kids, in Alyssa's case I don't think it is, one her health issues and the strain another pregnancy could put on her body just that scares me, then there is the fact that Alyssa seems like a people person yet is stuck in a house with 3 kids all day. then their is her clothes makeup ect... Alyssa needs to be perfect always the best clothes, makeup on kids coordinated. how is she going to realistically keep that going with more and more kids, 

yet I don't see her stopping because that's just not what they do. I mean I know she said they would stop if four was another girl. (Doubt it) but when BUB first came out she said she could handle ten and no way that girl can handle ten kids. she'll have a break down before that. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yep. Agree with all of this. It’s one of the biggest reasons why I think the Websters would be smart to stop having kids now. I think all of their quality of life would be better, but especially for Alyssa and Allie (who seems to take after her mom a bit when it comes to needing quiet and time to unwind.)

I’m honestly quite similar to Alyssa in that sense. I originally wanted a big family, but even one kid can be a bit much for me at times and I’m smart enough to know I can’t handle the chaos of three or more kids. I’m pregnant with our second now and while this baby is very wanted I do find myself worried about how we’ll handle another child in our lives. We’ve already decided we won’t be having more kids after this one. I thought I’d be sad about that, but I really just feel relieved more than anything - we’ll have our two little buddies and call it a day while we still have some sanity left. The fact that Alyssa and John might not understand that stopping now is a very valid option is just sad and infuriating to me. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

this picture is giving me princess Diaries flash backs 

these are from Alyssa's IG and man I feel like they are teens going off to prom. *sigh*

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 10

Wow, she really has given up modest dressing hasn't she!  Hem well above the knee and spaghetti straps with your bra strap showing ... GF has come a loooong way!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

Is it just me or is "healthy" a really weird descriptor to put on your marriage and home? I don't know. Just strikes me as a strange choice for a lighthearted Insta post.

• I Agree 6
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

man I feel like they are teens going off to prom.

That center pic is definitely Peak Prom Pose.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

these are from Alyssa's IG and man I feel like they are teens going off to prom.

Well, considering John's outfit and Alyssa's hair, I'd said a 1988 prom ?

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Well, considering John's outfit and Alyssa's hair, I'd said a 1988 prom ?

Hmm... For my 1988 prom, my hair and dress were much poofier than Alyssa's, and my date wore a white tux with an aqua colored bow tie and cumberbund. Most of my friends were dressed similarly. She would have really stood out at my prom! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic