IGNORED

Alyssa & John 3: Modesty Make-Up

samurai_sarah

15 hours ago, wandering woman said:

I might need to start looking at other boards beyond the Duggars and Bates ones. I, too, am tired of the endless posts speculating about baby names, pregnancies, and birth dates. It is all a bit much.

Have you checked out Gwen Shambling? She started a church based entirely on weird clothing and spending your days waiting for hunger. She only eats junk food so she claims the Bible says to only eat junk food. She actually claimed that in the OT God provided the original Frito recipe that they then baked and burned on an offering to God. She is also solid proof that you can toss all the modesty rules and still be fundie as hell and that a woman can lead a church and still preach patriarchy. 

49 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Cathy has worn nothing but white shorts for literally decades

Really short white shorts! She has to have a million of the exact same pair of shorts. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Have you checked out Gwen Shambling? She started a church based entirely on weird clothing and spending your days waiting for hunger. She only eats junk food so she claims the Bible says to only eat junk food. She actually claimed that in the OT God provided the original Frito recipe that they then baked and burned on an offering to God. She is also solid proof that you can toss all the modesty rules and still be fundie as hell and that a woman can lead a church and still preach patriarchy. 

Really short white shorts! She has to have a million of the exact same pair of shorts. 

Black pants in winter.  You can't traipse through snow to stumble upon an injured atheist professor without clothing appropriate for the weather.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

@AussieKrissy JRod is worth your while. She’s her own circus and monkeys. They’ve actually just compiled a list of horrible and crazy things she has done and I think that’s a good place to catch the flavor of what’s going on over there. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13

@AussieKrissy You can actually speed through the J-Rod quickly even though there are thousands because 1/2 the thread is drift specifically tailored to drive Jill crazy since she reads here.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I love how you just throw this in as a fact we all need to accept. ?

And to add about the Arndts--to make things even weirder, they are actually good at what they do. Some of them are court reporters. Others do wedding photography and video and have a pretty impressive portfolio and stay on top of developments in their field. They do not suffer from Fundie mediocrity. They had pretty solid homeschool educations and technical training in their respective careers. They probably make decent money. They regularly mix with non-Fundie people (and women!).

We all need to know what sort of spell Cathy and Rick have cast. 

The thing that makes everything about the Arndts specially weird to me is the fact they are actually handsome. When i first read about 13 adult fundie syblings still living at home, i thought well they probably are not that good looking, surely some of them will find someone eventually, its just a matter of time... That would have explained it, but no, on paper they seem like pretty good suitors to any fundie girl. So they are remaining single by choice, all 13 of them. 

Another fascinating family to look into are the Shraders, She is the sister of Anna Duggar, and they live as missionaries in Zambia. Fundies love to talk about missionary work but this family is actually doing it. And he is such a terrible missionary its almost a parody. They also are quiverfull and have a brood of children that has never even step a foot on USA.

• Upvote 10

43 minutes ago, llucie said:

The thing that makes everything about the Arndts specially weird to me is the fact they are actually handsome. When i first read about 13 adult fundie syblings still living at home, i thought well they probably are not that good looking, surely some of them will find someone eventually, its just a matter of time... That would have explained it, but no, on paper they seem like pretty good suitors to any fundie girl. So they are remaining single by choice, all 13 of them. 

Another fascinating family to look into are the Shraders, She is the sister of Anna Duggar, and they live as missionaries in Zambia. Fundies love to talk about missionary work but this family is actually doing it. And he is such a terrible missionary its almost a parody. They also are quiverfull and have a brood of children that has never even step a foot on USA.

Yep, the Ardnts aren’t single due to lack of options.  They’re all good looking, decent education, and are not only financially self sufficient but highly competent with DIY - they built the house they live in and all know how to cook and clean. 

And they have a genuine vibe of kindness about them that’s very charming.

idk at all about the meaning of life, the Arndts are my eternal mystery.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I actually happen to know through personal connections that there was a fundie woman very interested in one of the Ardnt boys. Obviously nothing came of it (and to be honest, knowing her I'm not surprised if he wasn't interested.)

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

13 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@AussieKrissy You can actually speed through the J-Rod quickly even though there are thousands because 1/2 the thread is drift specifically tailored to drive Jill crazy since she reads here.

Thank you and...

Oh how do we know she reads here??????????

14 hours ago, lizzybee said:

@AussieKrissy JRod is worth your while. She’s her own circus and monkeys. They’ve actually just compiled a list of horrible and crazy things she has done and I think that’s a good place to catch the flavor of what’s going on over there. 

Thanks 

Is that in a seperate thread like the duggars and bates have a cheat sheet.

I see her crazziness alluded to an mentioned in the duggars..... I need to fall down that crazy.

• Upvote 4

On 5/19/2019 at 1:51 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Since the new website went up I can't find the bestest pic of Luke. Man, he is getting old and virginy.

are they anti masturbation too, like the duggars? poor pent up guy does look pretty chillaxed for a virgin that can't masturbate...

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

@AussieKrissy someone who was FB friends with her related something here that she discussed with Jill and was quickly banned from Jill’s FB!

• Thank You 2

29 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I am a tiny bit in and I am ragey, this lady sounds like a fucking toss pot, who needs her kids taken off her! 

How has some person not run her over with her own RV yet?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if Alyssa will keep up with her youtubing now that she realizes her posts will open her up to further criticism. Photos stills are heavily dependent upon caption. Videos are another, inviting people into her life without the professional editing of the tv show.

It's all about context.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I do wonder how much criticism any of the individual Bates could take before lashing back or flouncing off social media or just blocking critics left and right. I could very much see Lawson losing his shit with his critics ala Derrick Dillard. The Bates gals? Hmm I could see them simply ignoring their critics or just doing a bunch of sugary sweet gaslighting/playing dumb. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I do wonder how much criticism any of the individual Bates could take before lashing back or flouncing off social media or just blocking critics left and right. I could very much see Lawson losing his shit with his critics ala Derrick Dillard. The Bates gals? Hmm I could see them simply ignoring their critics or just doing a bunch of sugary sweet gaslighting/playing dumb. 

I wonder if Lawson’s tweets and possible meltdown at critics could put the show in jeopardy. 

If they have any skeletons in their closets they better not push the (robocall) limit. Someone might track them down. 

Lawson could open a can of worms he may not like and end his gravy train.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Lawson’s tweets and possible meltdown at critics could put the show in jeopardy. 

If they have any skeletons in their closets they better not push the (robocall) limit. Someone might track them down. 

Lawson could open a can of worms he may not like and end his gravy train.  

I wonder if UPTV would care considering they seem to be targeted towards the more conservative fan base. He would have to say something positively terroristic, outright homophobic, racist or God forbid - sexual. The only other option is to attack another show on the station or lose UP money. I just can't see them penalizing him for much more than that.

• Upvote 5

The Duggars didn't even really get punished that much were back with a show pretty fast. The Bates run a cult, are tangled up in accusations involving horrific abuse cover up, and at least one of them campaigns for an extreme religious fanatic. If none of that will make them lose followers, then Lawson's tweets won't. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The Duggars didn't even really get punished that much were back with a show pretty fast. The Bates run a cult, are tangled up in accusations involving horrific abuse cover up, and at least one of them campaigns for an extreme religious fanatic. If none of that will make them lose followers, then Lawson's tweets won't. 

Exactly, their still on the air after that. Nothing will take either of them down except low ratings which seems unlikely to happen. UP pulled 7th Heaven reruns for awhile when it came out Stephen Collins molested three girls. But they put it back and have been running them ever since. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2

On 5/20/2019 at 11:06 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I am a tiny bit in and I am ragey, this lady sounds like a fucking toss pot, who needs her kids taken off her! 

How has some person not run her over with her own RV yet?

JRod 100: Fucking Toss Pot!

It did take her several years to do all that shit. Her kids will not be taken off her. The United States in general doesn’t do a lot of social services intervention, and she lives in West Virginia, where you pretty much have to overdose in front of your kids to get the state involved.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

So looks like they're flying to Carlin's wedding without the kids. Interesting choice when fundies are all about family and invite people to weddings who bring their 10 kids along.

IMG_4214.PNG

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, melon said:

She may be adding another child 9 months after this weekend...her and Carlin.

Lol, I had the same thought.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

Good for them! I love that they seem to do kid free getaways....this wedding, their anniversary in the past, etc. I know that it isn't always something you can do regularly but it's refreshing to see that they still like to go without the kids.

I feel I'm very much "old school" in sea of new school moms who think leaving your kids is like the ultimate sin. My husband and I enjoy having date nights with sitters, and I have no problems having my sister or parents keep our 1 year old for a night or for us to go somewhere. We LOVE to do things kid-free but it seems like every single parent I know just can't fathom not having their kids with them 24/7. 

• Upvote 19
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, LillyP said:

Good for them! I love that they seem to do kid free getaways....this wedding, their anniversary in the past, etc. I know that it isn't always something you can do regularly but it's refreshing to see that they still like to go without the kids.

I feel I'm very much "old school" in sea of new school moms who think leaving your kids is like the ultimate sin. My husband and I enjoy having date nights with sitters, and I have no problems having my sister or parents keep our 1 year old for a night or for us to go somewhere. We LOVE to do things kid-free but it seems like every single parent I know just can't fathom not having their kids with them 24/7. 

I’m very glad that works well for you and your family. I’d like to ask that you please don’t judge other parents who do things differently than you do though. You have no idea what they might be dealing with in private or why they might do things the way they do. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I’ve never left my 4 year old overnight. He’s my little barnacle. ?‍♀️ I didn’t set out to make my little barnacle child but here we are, lol. 

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic