IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I couldn't care less if Kendra was conceived prior to marriage. It just makes that whole scene of Kendra asking her dad if it was OK to hold on to Joe's arm if she started falling during rollerblading even more ridiculous. You gotta love these hypocrites who had a more normal upbringing suppressing their children's every thought and action.

Yeah that’s my thinking too. As long as her parents’ sex was consensual then whatever as far as they’re concerned, but it smacks of hypocrisy that they then raised that kid to say things like she was “looking forward to side hugs” when courting.

• Upvote 12

I am absolutely terrible with my daughter's names. And really, names in general. I've called my girls their sisters' names, MY NAME, hell  the cat's name. I have thyroid disease and massive issues with brain fog, that's what I blame it on. But my grandmother was like this too and had four girls and 10 granddaughters. I'd get called 6 names before she'd finally land on the right one. And for some reason, I frequently call my best friend by my oldest daughter's name. ? ? The struggle is real.

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I couldn't care less if Kendra was conceived prior to marriage. It just makes that whole scene of Kendra asking her dad if it was OK to hold on to Joe's arm if she started falling during rollerblading even more ridiculous. You gotta love these hypocrites who had a more normal upbringing suppressing their children's every thought and action.

I don’t think they see it that way though, it would be like parents who were recovering alcoholics  being extra strict and hyper-vigilant about teen age drinking. They don’t see it as being hypocritical, they see it as trying to protect their kid from the mistakes they made.

Not saying it’s effective, or good, just that it’s a common line of thought. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

I don't have kids, but I work in early intervention. I caught myself calling my cat by one of the kids' names! Luckily, they opposite hasn't happened...yet... That would be mortifying!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, J.O.Y.nomore said:

I don't have kids, but I work in early intervention. I caught myself calling my cat by one of the kids' names! Luckily, they opposite hasn't happened...yet... That would be mortifying!

One of my parents once called the dog by my name while talking to me... as in "Honey, can you please take "meee" for a walk?" And I'm like...I'm sorry, do you mean "meee" should take "dog" for a walk? Lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

23 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Her 'best friend' in the photo shoot is literally her female best friend. 

(From the photographer's public Instagram)

Just in case anyone saw 'best friend' and thought it might be fundie speak for 'boyfriend'.

They can marry Jed and Jer and be sisters! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

I really don't care what Paul and Christina Caldwell did or didn't do prior to their marriage. That's private and really none of our business. I feel squicky trying to figure out someone's sex life like that. As long as it was consensual, it really doesn't matter. 

Garrett didn't even make it to his first birthday without having a sibling announced. Let's hope that little Joken #2 has a nice little gap between him/her and Joken #3. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 14

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I really don't care what Paul and Christina Caldwell did or didn't do prior to their marriage. That's private and really none of our business. I feel squicky trying to figure out someone's sex life like that. As long as it was consensual, it really doesn't matter. 

Garrett didn't even make it to his first birthday without having a sibling announced. Let's hope that little Joken #2 has a nice little gap between him/her and Joken #3. 

Joe and Kendra certainly seem the most likely couple to have a huge family. Very young, seem like very happy, low-key, patient people who like a simple life, uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery, and really buying the whole lifestyle. Plus being right there on the property they have easy access to a bunch of tweens who seem to love hanging out with Kendra. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to help some with baby care. Not even at bad, sister-mom-Aunt type levels - just in a normal way. 

Of course it’s impossible to tell with the first few kids. Even very secular people will have a couple of babies very close together, either accidentally, or because close in age siblings can be a plan. Pros and cons to every spacing of course. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 14

Is this Madison Nicole photography person the same one who made the asinine comments about the mission trip to Greece?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, potato said:

Is this Madison Nicole photography person the same one who made the asinine comments about the mission trip to Greece?

Yes, but she ended up privatizing her personal ig because of backlash

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Joe and Kendra certainly seem the most likely couple to have a huge family. Very young, seem like very happy, low-key, patient people who like a simple life, uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery, and really buying the whole lifestyle. Plus being right there on the property they have easy access to a bunch of tweens who seem to love hanging out with Kendra. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to help some with baby care. Not even at bad, sister-mom-Aunt type levels - just in a normal way. 

Of course it’s impossible to tell with the first few kids. Even very secular people will have a couple of babies very close together, either accidentally, or because close in age siblings can be a plan. Pros and cons to every spacing of course. 

I could see JoKen's house being a refuge of sorts for his younger siblings and, likely, for the other grandkids. Not BuckingHales-style, but more that people might tend to gravitate towards their home because they're both low-key, patient people who don't seem to be as spotlight-hungry as a lot of the other adults in the family. I think Joy even said at the rehearsal dinner that Joe was there for her when she was going through some shit when she was younger (of course, he coaxed her back into the cult, but in fairness, that's all he'd know to do and he wouldn't want to lose his sister). 

Now, I'm sure that like with Derick and Jeremy et al, we'll turn on them and be SHOCKED, SHOCKED, I TELL YOU that they're basically Cool Whip Taliban (even though they were raised to believe that shit and had any critical thinking or dissent beaten out of them good and early), but I do think that both Joe and Kendra seem like very stable and steady people, and likely would be a good influence (relatively speaking) on the younger Duggs. 

• Upvote 16

9 hours ago, Kelsey said:

They can marry Jed and Jer and be sisters! 

Speaking from experience, best friends dating brothers is a recipe for disaster ?

• I Agree 1

9 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

Speaking from experience, best friends dating brothers is a recipe for disaster ?

My dad and his best friend married sister's, my parents will be married 40 year's in September and my aunt and uncle were nearly married 25 years when my uncle passed away. 

• Love 7

2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My dad and his best friend married sister's, my parents will be married 40 year's in September and my aunt and uncle were nearly married 25 years when my uncle passed away. 

That’s sweet. I once saw a reality show it was about a bride either wearing a family heirloom wedding dress or a new one. One of the bride’s mother’s had a similar story. The mother of the bride & her best friend married identical twin brothers. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

Speaking from experience, best friends dating brothers is a recipe for disaster

And vice versa - the Boyer sisters had all that trouble when they were Courting best friends, and reading between the lines, it seemed like Jessica was angry that when her relationship ended, her sister Bridget carried on with Gabe, meaning her ex was very much part of their life....

• Upvote 10

On 4/17/2019 at 7:39 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

this would ABSOLUTELY be me if i were in that situation ?. also, now I'm totally forever going to think that that your kids are named Millicent and Gwendolyn (just FYI lmao) 

That's so funny! Nope, neither of those names! I almost want to share just because I absolutely love their names SO much!

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Plus being right there on the property they have easy access to a bunch of tweens who seem to love hanging out with Kendra. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to help some with baby care. Not even at bad, sister-mom-Aunt type levels - just in a normal way

I was 11 when the first of four nephews came along and I tailed my sister in law like a bad smell ready to take that squishy monkey and play with, feed and cuddle him. Life highlight. They dont have the sister mom responsibilities so its more fun and its also fun to hang out with your cool sister in law, the girls probably adore her. 

Edited by HurricaneBells
fix quote
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 2

Of course the lost girls love Kendra - she is everything a big sister should be without the baggage of having been their sister-mom/disciplinarian.

• Upvote 26

Kendra is also bubbly and sweet and seems fairly gentle. I can see her drawing little girls to her naturally with her "ray of sunshine" personality. Don't get me wrong, if I was around it 24-7 I could see it getting on my nerves a little. However, I can definitely see little ones enjoying being around Kendra. 

• Upvote 12

They look really happy and Kendra is beautuful. I think she is wearing bridemaide dress from Lauren's wedding.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

They look really happy and Kendra is beautuful. I think she is wearing bridemaide dress from Lauren's wedding.

Could someone explain the religious reference there to a heathen Catholic? I learned Jesus died for our sins so, essentially, we'd be able to go to Heaven if we were good (7yr old EmainMacha speaking there). What do they mean by 'He died the death that we deserved if we by faith trust him as our Savior, we have the privilege of living with Him in Heaven.' I can't quite make sense of it. It makes having faith sound like a negative or something?

Edited to add- unless the 'if' is meant to be the start of a new sentence? That makes a bit of sense.

Edited by EmainMacha
Extra thoughts
  • Upvote 4

Meaning He died for our sins on the cross because of his love for us. As He was the son God and sinless He did not deserve agony and to be crucified for our transgressions. 

... I think? That’s some rambling word salad. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 6

Y’all.  I mix up my kids’ names, sure. 

But the other night I set a timer on our Alexa and when it went off, I yelled “[child #2s name], Stop!”

Daughter #1 (who is 8 ) laughed and said “Alexa, stop.... mom, you called her [daughter #2]”.  

In my defense, daughter #2 is 3.5 and usually when I say her name, it’s followed by “stop”. 

• Haha 16

• Georgiana locked this topic