IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

On 4/18/2019 at 5:40 AM, VelociRapture said:

Looking it up now... 

We have two serious contenders for each sex this time. The girl names were both ranked in the top 100 in 2017 - one was very low on the list and the other was top 30. The first name is the front runner right now, pretty much entirely because it’s a family name on my husband's side and because we both like it. One of the boy names is top 1,000 and the front runner is in the top 150. 

I just looked up my kids’ names too using the US data and was honestly a little surprised:

DS was ~160ish the year he was born and has remained around the 150 mark. This is slightly less common than I’d expect but I *think* if all variant spellings of his name were added up it would feature somewhere in the lower end of the top 100.

DD1 was ~570 the year she was born and has since dropped to 700ish. I’m surprised by this; I thought of my kids she’d have the most common name. It might be much more common in Australia than the US, I suppose. I personally know 6 others, although 5 of them are close to my age (the other is a girl I used to babysit, about 5 years older than my daughter). It peaked in the early 2000s at the lower end of the top 300. There is another common spelling but that’s around the 600 mark too.

DD2 has never been in the top 1000, or at least not since 1900. I knew this when we named her and I was very hesitant about choosing something so rare. Since she’s been here, I have had other people make the comment that they know another little girl with that name, but I’ve never met one.

• Upvote 6

According to duggardata Joe and Kendra also have the shortest gap from marriage to second child than both Michelle and Kelly Jo! So they are not only set to have 20 kids, but also to have them fast one after the other one if they keep this rate

Scary! 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

According to duggardata Joe and Kendra also have the shortest gap from marriage to second child than both Michelle and Kelly Jo! So they are not only set to have 20 kids, but also to have them fast one after the other one if they keep this rate

Scary! 

Michelle used birth control after her first. Kelly had an average spacing of about 15 months. Hard to tell with just two kids. We'll have to wait and see how soon numbers 3 and 4 come. They may have some longer gaps like Benessa's current one. Only time will tell.

• Upvote 17

28 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Michelle used birth control after her first. Kelly had an average spacing of about 15 months. Hard to tell with just two kids. We'll have to wait and see how soon numbers 3 and 4 come. They may have some longer gaps like Benessa's current one. Only time will tell.

True I thought that Seewald #3 was going to come sooner based on how quickly Jessa got pregnant with Henry. So far the only one who's been steady is Anna. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I used to run through the kids' names when they were growing up. Even now I'll call my sons the wrong names. Why? I have NO idea. One is tall, the other one is short (6'1" and 5'7") they both look like me but look nothing alike. 

Maybe I'm just getting old. 

My grandfather is notorious for this. Apparently it’s been a lifelong thing for him too. He thinks he’s just better at recognizing faces than matching them to the right names and I think he’s probably right about that. He clearly knows which of us he’s talking to even if he has to cycle through a few names to get the right one. 

And to make you feel even better - I sometimes do this to my daughter, her male cousins, and the dogs in the family. For some reason I just jumble all the names together sometimes. So, for example, my daughter ends up being called the dog’s name or by nephew one’s first name by mistake. I actually think it’s kind of funny. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I used to run through the kids' names when they were growing up. Even now I'll call my sons the wrong names. Why? I have NO idea. One is tall, the other one is short (6'1" and 5'7") they both look like me but look nothing alike. 

Maybe I'm just getting old. 

I'm pretty sure every parent does this, My kids were frequently large child or small child, if I was spitting out the wrong name, and they are a boy & a girl. 

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Not only that as they get into 4, 5, 6 kids they will get tired, and I would imagine Kendra's body would start to wear down if she has 6 kids in 7.5 years (which will be the timing if she has 1 every 15 months). ? 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm pretty sure every parent does this, My kids were frequently large child or small child, if I was spitting out the wrong name, and they are a boy & a girl. 

I‘m not a parent but try keeping thirty names in a classroom straight ?. Actually, the hardest thing is same sex siblings in different classes you both teach on the same day. Kids once kept turning their heads to figure out who „Noah“ was because there is no Noah in their class. His brother, who I was calling out several times for talking non-stop to the kid behind him, didn‘t even notice me because well, he‘s not Noah. ?

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 1

My grandma was notorious for mixing up family names. We also have a decent amount of J names in our family, and it was like a round of duck, duck, goose with her trying to get the right name. 

"John* (family member)? Jack (family member)? James (family member)? Joel (not a part of our family)?"

We used to just start calling people Joel around her to tease her. Now it's karma because I consistently mix up the two cat's and the dog's names with each other and feel like a fur-mom-failure.

*Not real names.

• Haha 7

My husband is still called „what’s your name“ sometimes ?

I am used to mixing up the childrens  or grandchildrens names by many relatives (basically every name in the family can be used- no matter sex or age). I think it’s quite normal and I notice me mixing up my husband’s and brother’s names more and more.

• Upvote 6

I ended up pointing and saying "you". Hell I mix up the cats' names too! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

How old is Kendra's sister Laurel?  Cause I saw on Tumblr that the same photographer who shoot Kendra and Joe announce also shoot some photos of Laurel with her best friend and alone. It seems like we could ear about a courtship soon if they start advertise her on Sm 

• Upvote 1

Lauren Caldwell is almost 19.  I have a feeling she's going to be given to Jason or maybe Jer.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 4

My mum always said the first sylabol of my sister's name then mine when she wanted me and would do the opposite for my sister. I'm just glad she didn't call me my brother's name. 

I really don't know what I'd name any child I have, I don't want to use a name that any family member has for the first name, I plan on using my late aunt's name as the middle name for a girl and if I have a boy the names of both my grandfather's as middle names. I worked out that I have 10 relatives or their spouses with the name John. It gets confusing at family events.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

How old is Kendra's sister Laurel?  Cause I saw on Tumblr that the same photographer who shoot Kendra and Joe announce also shoot some photos of Laurel with her best friend and alone. It seems like we could ear about a courtship soon if they start advertise her on Sm 

I think Lauren is two or so years younger than Kendra. So maybe around 18 now?

ETA: Never mind! @Snarkasarus RexHad the right answer. Lol!

Edited by VelociRapture

Her 'best friend' in the photo shoot is literally her female best friend. 

(From the photographer's public Instagram)

Just in case anyone saw 'best friend' and thought it might be fundie speak for 'boyfriend'.

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 14

40 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My mum always said the first sylabol of my sister's name then mine when she wanted me and would do the opposite for my sister. I'm just glad she didn't call me my brother's name. 

I really don't know what I'd name any child I have, I don't want to use a name that any family member has for the first name, I plan on using my late aunt's name as the middle name for a girl and if I have a boy the names of both my grandfather's as middle names. I worked out that I have 10 relatives or their spouses with the name John. It gets confusing at family events.

We felt the same way. On husband’s side, his father and older brother both share a first name (we’ll call them “Robert”.) On my side my father shares a first name with my sister’s husband (“Fred”), my mom shares a first name with her mom (“Susan Jane and Susan Marie”), my maternal grandfather shares a name with his oldest son (“Joseph Edward and Joseph Edward Jr.”), and my maternal grandfather’s nickname is also my brother’s first name (“Joe”.) It was important to us that our kids have names that honored family, but also gave them their own identities. We came up with these:

Daughter: We chose the first name “Maria” for her to honor several family members - my mother and myself since we both share the same middle name (“Marie”), as well as my dad’s favorite Aunt whose middle name was “Maria.” Her middle name is “Sera”, which is a different spelling of my only biological aunt’s middle name “Sarah.” We picked the different spelling both to honor my dad’s German heritage and because we liked it better.

Baby 2: We won’t know for a while whether it’s a boy or girl, but we did something similar. We’re pretty sure we have our final names picked now.

Boy - We picked the name “Frank” because the first two letters are the same as the letters that start my father’s and BIL’s first name. This way we get to subtly honor them without having a third Fred. His middle name will be “Robert” in honor of my FIL and BIL. 

Girl - We picked the first name “Rebecca” in honor of one of my FIL’s late paternal aunts. I don’t know if my husband ever knew her, but we both really like the name and like the idea of being able to honor my husband’s side through more than the last name. Her middle name “Rose” is the name my maternal grandmother’s favorite aunt was known by most of her life, though I can’t remember if it was her first or middle name. 

So if you end up having kids you could always try something similar.

(Names obviously changed for privacy reasons.)

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 4

I know it’s come up before about Kendra’s mother and the car accident while pregnant, but my searching sucks. Why do we believe the story that Kendra was born prematurely rather than conceived before marriage? Was she particularly small and/or spent time in NICU? Or is it just that the car accident was confirmed somewhere?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smee said:

I know it’s come up before about Kendra’s mother and the car accident while pregnant, but my searching sucks. Why do we believe the story that Kendra was born prematurely rather than conceived before marriage? Was she particularly small and/or spent time in NICU? Or is it just that the car accident was confirmed somewhere?

Kendra discusses it on the show during the episode where they went on vacation with her family. Her mother was in a car accident while pregnant with her and it caused internal injuries. Christina has apparently struggled with her pregnancies ever since and was shown having some trouble in the episode when she was about 28 weeks along. 

I mean, it’s possible they made it up. I don’t really see why they would though. Her parents were married in early January and Kendra was born in mid-August, so the car accident story is entirely plausible - especially when considering the fact that she’s had issues with all her pregnancies as well. 

• Upvote 14

Have they actually claimed that she was born prematurely, though? It’s entirely possible that Kendra was conceived before her parents were married AND that her mother had a car accident that led to her being born a little early.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I remember them discussing the car accident and how it caused early contractions, but if I'm not mistaken Kendra stayed put for another month and wasn't more than 4 weeks early  Let's say they married on January 1st and she was conceived that very night then her birthday is around week 34 of pregnancy. I think it was a close call.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I remember them discussing the car accident and how it caused early contractions, but if I'm not mistaken Kendra stayed put for another month and wasn't more than 4 weeks early  Let's say they married on January 1st and she was conceived that very night then her birthday is around week 34 of pregnancy. I think it was a close call

I found this article discussing the episode:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2019/03/kendra-duggars-mom-pushes-out-kid-number-8-baby-garrett-is-the-s/amp/

If the article is accurate, Christina was 36 weeks along with Kendra when she was in the accident. They don’t state when the accident occurred or how long after Kendra was born. It’s possible Doctors might have decided to take Kendra early depending on the injuries or that Kendra was born due to the accident, but it’s also possible that her mom carried her to term. So you’re right - either way it’s very close. 

• Upvote 6

Very much sounds like a pre marriage conception. AND no one cares, because adults just don’t care.

• Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Very much sounds like a pre marriage conception. AND no one cares, because adults just don’t care.

Yup. Even for fundies, this is a very garden variety "sin". The sort of thing that makes for a good testimony.

To clarify: it would be a pretty huge deal if a current fundie conceived a child out of wedlock, but for the first gen types who started out non-fundie, not really a big deal. Often a "sin" like that winds up being the impetus that pushes them into fundamentalism.

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 19

I am far more bothered by and consider molestation a far, far greater sin than a pre-marital pregnancy. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 15

I couldn't care less if Kendra was conceived prior to marriage. It just makes that whole scene of Kendra asking her dad if it was OK to hold on to Joe's arm if she started falling during rollerblading even more ridiculous. You gotta love these hypocrites who had a more normal upbringing suppressing their children's every thought and action.

• Upvote 30
  • Love 2

• Georgiana locked this topic