IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

The next gen Duggar family that does K names will be known as the Dugdashians.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

I wonder what Kylie will name her next baby. Let me introduce me kids: Stormi, Raini, Thundi, Lightni.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 26

On 5/21/2019 at 8:20 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Myra was popular until Myra Hindley came into the public eye. I always feel sorry for women named Myra in the UK. They will be all older now. I wonder how many changed their names/used a middle name instead.?

I know a few people called Myra who are nice people but any time someone says the name it's Myra Hindley I think of. Her and Ian's trial was so high profile because it was the first murder trial after the death penalty was abolished and the woman was just as involved in the murder as the man. She was on tape torturing one of the victim's.

• Sad 2

On 5/17/2019 at 5:36 PM, singsingsing said:

How can that suspender skirt be considered remotely “modest” when it draws all attention straight to the boobular area??

And, it has buttons so unless that opening is sewed up from top to bottom, there could be gapage. So immodest!

• Upvote 1

Hahah on instagram Kendra posted a picture of Garrett helping her with the laundry. Wonder will he do that when he gets older? 

Thanks @AliceInFundyland ;) 

Edited by Carm_88
  • Upvote 11

Er @Carm_88
I  love you, but I believe this photo may fall into the category of no useful purpose other than very cute picture of Duggar grand. And we are having a bit of a crackdown on not posting all their cute social media shots (if you haven't noticed, haven't seen much of you lately)

(I refer you to the top of the Bates and Duggar forums and various random threads)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

The realization that Garrett can barely (?) walk and isn't even a year old really hit me with this post. He's still a baby himself and is a going to be a big brother soon. Kendra could end up having a baby a year for a long time if she doesn't slow down. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

The realization that Garrett can barely (?) walk and isn't even a year old really hit me with this post. He's still a baby himself and is a going to be a big brother soon. Kendra could end up having a baby a year for a long time if she doesn't slow down. 

If she keeps this up, she’ll need a laundry fairy before long, ? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If she keeps this up, she’ll need a laundry fairy before long, ? 

Well, it looks like Garrett is already practicing his laundry skills.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah on instagram Kendra posted a picture of Garrett helping her with the laundry. Wonder will he do that when he gets older? 

Thanks @AliceInFundyland ;) 

It depends if Kendra has all boys like the  Arndts. They will have to help with household chores if they haven’t any sister slaves to do the work. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

It will be interesting to see what Joken do if their oldest kids are all/mostly boys.  Both of their families had several girls among the oldest.

While I could see the boys doing more domestic tasks if that happens, I don’t see Garrett becoming a brother-dad like Ezra Halberstadt (“M is for Mama”).

• Upvote 5

On 5/16/2019 at 2:04 PM, SassyPants said:

What the heck is this one, and where pray tell would one wear such a thing?

C51EB2FA-3A84-4D47-959E-390869F17D93.jpeg

I could see that maybe on someone helping out at a PEO rummage sale in a small midwestern city in the fall.  Or maybe I'm saying that because it looks like something my mom would wear and she's probably less fashionable than the average PEO member. 

• Disgust 1

7 hours ago, llg1234 said:

It really wouldn’t be a big deal if we didn’t expect them to be the first of many kids. I know quite a few families with an age gap of 16-19 months between their first two kids (and a couple with 11-12 month gaps), the difference is they all stopped after 2 or 3 kids. Who knows, maybe JoKen will slow down when the intensity of two under two hits, like Ben and Jessa did.

One can dream.

• Upvote 12

They are healthy young couples who presumably have frequent relations with BC.The only thing that will slow down the collective Baby train is a serious medial emergency or condition. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Smee said:

It really wouldn’t be a big deal if we didn’t expect them to be the first of many kids. I know quite a few families with an age gap of 16-19 months between their first two kids (and a couple with 11-12 month gaps), the difference is they all stopped after 2 or 3 kids. Who knows, maybe JoKen will slow down when the intensity of two under two hits, like Ben and Jessa did.

One can dream.

Did Ben and Jessa or did they only just fall when they did? Either by tracking or lack of preventing.

Until these guys come out and say they are actively waiting or preventing (none of our business, I know). I am going to assume they are "on brand" with the as many as the lord wants and are not preventing.  

I don't get the JInger love for her wisdom in "waiting" a year. I more think it took that long to fall. Though is it good it happened that way, yes I do think so.

I think we will be hard pressed to ever hear publically a gen 2 Duggar say they are preventing or waiting. A) it's off brand 2) no ones business anyway 3) Who wants Mechille in your ear telling you about all those potential babies you are killing by preventing...

• Upvote 10

I agree but They may say if pressed They prayed together and God wants them to wait for a time to have another child and have faith God is good, Gods timing  and all the other buzz words they use.  It’s an acceptable out: God made me do it.  Then what can other fundies say?  And because Sex is paramount they can feel excused if they use at least condoms or track for safe times.

I think Henry, much like Jill’s boys, nursed for a longer amount of time (per Jessa) and May have contributed to the bigger spacing between Henry and #3. Did Kendra ever mention nursing? I think we did see Gideon bottle feeding pretty early on. Also, is it true that pumping does not provide the same protection of delayed ovulation as  physical nursing at the breast?

• Upvote 1

@SassyPants - Breastfeeding causes prolactin levels to stay high postpartum and higher prolactin can prevent ovulation. There doesn't seem to be any indication that pumping has a different result than nursing. Prolactin will stay elevated as long as a woman breastfeeds, but will go down slowly over that time. But whether your prolactin levels are high enough to prevent ovulation is not a hard and fast line. Different women ovulate at different times postpartum whether they breastfeed or not. Some women also have their supply really drop off at some point either because of physiological changes beyond their control or because her body responds to adding solid foods and dropping down to less feedings. Women can ovulate while breastfeeding. Breastfeeding women can ovulate even if they haven't gotten their period back. Periods do not guarantee ovulation in breastfeeding (or non-breastfeeding!) women. A woman could ovulate six weeks after birth even while breastfeeding with her first child and then not ovulate for a year after the birth of her second, even though she nurses exactly the same way. Hormones are finicky AF.

As for your comments on JinJer, when questioned about their family planning soon after or right before they got married, they responded by saying kids were in the five year plan. They have also never said they were "leaving it up to God," which I know we've heard explicitly from Anna, Lauren, Kendra, and Joy. I think Jessa and Jill probably said that when they got married too, but I don't remember. Jessa has a way of not answering any question. I don't think we've heard anything from Abbie yet, but I don't watch the show. 

I would be absolutely shocked to find out JinJer tried to get pregnant from the very beginning. Nothing in their dispositions during that year or during their announcement read as a couple who'd dealt with sub-fertility. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

On 5/28/2019 at 10:38 AM, theotherelise said:

@SassyPants - Breastfeeding causes prolactin levels to stay high postpartum and higher prolactin can prevent ovulation. There doesn't seem to be any indication that pumping has a different result than nursing. Prolactin will stay elevated as long as a woman breastfeeds, but will go down slowly over that time. But whether your prolactin levels are high enough to prevent ovulation is not a hard and fast line.

Fertility clinics will not let breastfeeding mothers do IVF cycles precisely because prolactin levels inhibit ovulation and even low levels are unpredictable. But prolactin levels actually go down very quickly once breastfeeding ends completely (within 2 cycles you're back at baseline typically).

• Upvote 4

On 5/28/2019 at 10:38 AM, theotherelise said:

@SassyPants - Breastfeeding causes prolactin levels to stay high postpartum and higher prolactin can prevent ovulation. There doesn't seem to be any indication that pumping has a different result than nursing. Prolactin will stay elevated as long as a woman breastfeeds, but will go down slowly over that time. But whether your prolactin levels are high enough to prevent ovulation is not a hard and fast line. Different women ovulate at different times postpartum whether they breastfeed or not. Some women also have their supply really drop off at some point either because of physiological changes beyond their control or because her body responds to adding solid foods and dropping down to less feedings. Women can ovulate while breastfeeding. Breastfeeding women can ovulate even if they haven't gotten their period back. Periods do not guarantee ovulation in breastfeeding (or non-breastfeeding!) women. A woman could ovulate six weeks after birth even while breastfeeding with her first child and then not ovulate for a year after the birth of her second, even though she nurses exactly the same way. Hormones are finicky AF.

As for your comments on JinJer, when questioned about their family planning soon after or right before they got married, they responded by saying kids were in the five year plan. They have also never said they were "leaving it up to God," which I know we've heard explicitly from Anna, Lauren, Kendra, and Joy. I think Jessa and Jill probably said that when they got married too, but I don't remember. Jessa has a way of not answering any question. I don't think we've heard anything from Abbie yet, but I don't watch the show. 

I would be absolutely shocked to find out JinJer tried to get pregnant from the very beginning. Nothing in their dispositions during that year or during their announcement read as a couple who'd dealt with sub-fertility. 

I have seen Kendra with a cover,nursing Garrett,last season of Counting On.I could not tell you how long she breastfed,though.

I,personally,think Jinger got lucky,and it took her that long to conceive.I have no way of knowing for sure,but I think it's doubtful that Jinger and Jeremy are going to admit to using birth control,or saying,if they did,which contraceptives they used.

My second and third sons were exclusively breastfed.After I had my second son,I did not use any kind of birth control.My period did not return until he was 15 months old.I had one period,and got pregnant with my third son.Again,he was exclusively breastfed,and my period did not return until he was 14 months old.Breastfeeding did not work out with my oldest son,once I started supplementing him with formula...within 2 weeks my period returned.I did get on birth control with him after my 6 week check up.

Was I lucky? Or was it just the way it was for me?My mother was appalled when I told her about not using protection after my second...no need after the third..tubes tied...she said I played Russian Roulette.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Fertility clinics will not let breastfeeding mothers do IVF cycles precisely because prolactin levels inhibit ovulation and even low levels are unpredictable. But prolactin levels actually go down very quickly once breastfeeding ends completely (within 2 cycles you're back at baseline typically).

Still doesn’t mean that breastfeeding will prevent ovulation. You just won’t know it before you have your period back and then it might be too late. There is a reasonable chance you won’t while breastfeeding but to rely on it for birth control is thoughtless (if you don’t mind taking the risk it’s fine but don’t be shocked if it happens and certainly don’t complain if you were warned). Even if it worked once doesn’t give you a guarantee it will work next time. Hormones can turn everything upside down and they are not giving you a notice ahead. Nasty little buggers. (General you obviously)

Fertility clinics are right to wait though. There is just no point in trying if no one knows if you even ovulate.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5

Kendra posted pictures of her with Ivy on her instagram story. She looks super young and super thrilled.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I think she look maybe 15 or 14 in that photo, scary to think she is going to have her second in around 4 months! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

With my oldest I didn't get my period back until just after the 1 year mark and I wasn't reliably ovulating until a few months after that. After Small Human #2 was born I got pregnant before we even got to the six month mark, despite nursing exclusively my baby day and night and nursing my toddler multiple times a day. It was fine, we were surprised as hell but open to having another one whenever it happened, but yeah... Cautionary tale for people who think they are good to go as long as ______ (insert reason to do with breastfeeding here).

• Upvote 11

Anna confirmed all 4 pregnant girls are due in November. You can hardly see any bump on Kendra! 

0996CF67-E2CB-413A-9173-FFD86547635D.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

• Georgiana locked this topic