IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

Why would someone steal a couple of dowdy skirts from a car and nothing else? I'm inclined to think "sweet daughter" lost them or something and doesn't wanna fess up.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

A more normal response would be "why do we even buy toys?" But in fundie world, let's put gender roles on infants based on the strange things they find amusing ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

8 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Why would someone steal a couple of dowdy skirts from a car and nothing else? I'm inclined to think "sweet daughter" lost them or something and doesn't wanna fess up.

It didn't say the skirts were the only things being stolen. Could be that the objects had less value, or were embarrassing. 

Kendra: Omg, my baby is such a boy because he is playing outside #boymum #amirite 

Ah yes, because everyone knows girls can't go outside. They will burn up like vampires in the sun. 

PLAYING WITH A STICK DOESNAE MEAN YOUR BABY IS A BOY, HE IS A BLOODY BABY, THEY ALL PLAY OUTSIDE, THEY ALL PLAY WITH STICKS, NOW GO SHOVE THAT STICK SO FAR UP YOUR ARSE YOU'LL BE COUGHING BARK YOU ABSOLUTE HALFWIT 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 19
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Glad I wasn't the only one. "Wow, he's playing with a stick - he's such a BOY!!" Literally cannot roll my eyes hard enough. A stick. A frigging stick.

My daughter must secretly be hiding a penis then because she loves collecting sticks and twigs when she’s outside. She makes me carry them around when she gets too many to hold. I’m very useful like that. ?

50 minutes ago, Smee said:

The kid is less than one. Save your “boys, amirite?” posts for when he’s ignoring the toy ducks to play with his penis during bath time.

Today my daughter ate some lunch. Such a girl, right?

Today my daughter breathed. All day long. #girlmom #suchagirl #boysdontneedtobreathe #ohwaittheydo #shit #ohwell #jesuslovesthemall

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 41

My younger daughter is obsessed with sharks and dinosaurs.  She turns her nose up at Disney princesses and Barbies.  How can she be a girl?!?!?!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • Love 6

On 5/10/2019 at 2:43 AM, Smee said:

I’d bet there are a lot of kids these days who can’t buy personalised stuff in shops. I can’t remember where I read it (which is annoying because I also can’t remember the exact figures), but the percentage of kids with a top twenty name 30 years ago was more than double what it is now.

Baby Name Wizard had a blog post about that a year or more ago. If you need the reference!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

My boys like play with diaper boxes more than their toys lately. I don’t think that makes them more boyish, but I do think it’s normal for all kids to be more into to twigs and rocks and boxes, etc. than toys. Yesterday I had to repeatedly ask my toddler to get a rock out of his mouth while we were outside. How about #suchakid ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

On 5/3/2019 at 7:19 AM, Jana814 said:

One of my clients daughter’s name is Ally. I asked her if her legal name is Alison but it’s not. 

I did that with one of mine. I liked a nick name, but not the full name that it's derived from, so he's just got the nick name. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

My female dog loves to collect sticks and make us carry them when she gets more than two. She understands how to communicate with (and train) us very well.

Our vet told me that our older dog needs and orthopedic dog bed because of her age and all that comes with it. I spent countless hours finding just the right bed for her. She sleeps on the floor next to it. #suchanasshole

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

My thought was more. Oh he plays with sticks all day instead of his toys! What a dog! #dogmom

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

The such a boy comment would not bother me that much if they were non fundie, I was a girl lat loved playing in the mud and preferred playing with Lego and my brother's old cars and garage over Barbie and dolls. It's not that I hated dolls but it was not nearly as fun. I quit dancing when I was 7 and went to karate for a while and played football, not for any teams as I was rubbish. My sister was a bit of a tomboy as well and they didn't care. It's sad that if Garrett or any of the other Duggar grandchildren wanted to do something that went completely against the gender stereotypes they probably wouldn't be allowed to do it.

• Upvote 10

On 5/9/2019 at 11:57 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

so it looks like someone broke into Kendra's parents van and stole some skirts. honestly I'm just confused by the hashtag. 

if you are in the united states and you go to the SSA website for baby names you can see name popularity by state.  that might be helpful to anyone on this thread in the future. 

Klassy Girls is the Brand. 

• Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Longhairedheathen said:

Klassy Girls is the Brand. 

Not a name I would have chosen for a modest line of clothing, just sayin’...#urbandictionaryisyourfriend

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

Well I let my daughter pick up rocks, sticks and grass. . She also beheads the tops of the daises and dandelions too. (Munchkin is learning to be gentle with plants) and loves all animals (she's super gentle with the animals, and they love her)  Honestly she is happier with the very simple things of life than toys. Yes she does have toys but you can find her playing with legos, building blocks (I must be doing something wrong *sarcasm and looking at you Duggars and JROD and Andersons etc)  and "reading" books if its wet or cold out. In the nicer weather we play outside.

• Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Not a name I would have chosen for a modest line of clothing, just sayin’...#urbandictionaryisyourfriend

yeah there was some interesting things when I clicked on that hashtag that's why I was a little confused. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2019 at 10:50 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

My younger daughter is obsessed with sharks and dinosaurs.  She turns her nose up at Disney princesses and Barbies.  How can she be a girl?!?!?!

My three year old daughter is obsessed with Marvel in particular Spider-Man she prefers shorts to dresses. Occasionally tells me she has a penis not a vagina and that she is a boy. Just as often she tells me she is a girl and loves her baby dolls and 'mothering' them.

I watch her and feel so sorry for any little boy or girl born into these cults who would love to allowed to be like my daughter but are forced to conform.

To be fair when my daughter tells me she has a penis, I do correct her (for pure accuracy sake). We go back and forth and she gets more and more adamant and a little upset that she indeed has got a penis. I always end with sure thing Honey you have a penis and let it go. Cause I don't give two tosses really.

Her Aunt is a little more stern on the correction (baptist, funnily enough with people who hang with the duggars in Aus). I can see her thinking is a little more black and white than mine.

Is it bad that I don't care what gender my kid is as long as I get grand kids? I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that "season of life" when and if it happens. :) I have always loved being the fun Aunt, all fun and no real responsibility.  Nanny must be next level epic to that.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

My three year old daughter is obsessed with Marvel in particular Spider-Man she prefers shorts to dresses. Occasionally tells me she has a penis not a vagina and that she is a boy. Just as often she tells me she is a girl and loves her baby dolls and 'mothering' them.

I watch her and feel so sorry for any little boy or girl born into these cults who would love to allowed to be like my daughter but are forced to conform.

To be fair when my daughter tells me she has a penis, I do correct her (for pure accuracy sake). We go back and forth and she gets more and more adamant and a little upset that she indeed has got a penis. I always end with sure thing Honey you have a penis and let it go. Cause I don't give two tosses really.

Her Aunt is a little more stern on the correction (baptist, funnily enough with people who hang with the duggars in Aus). I can see her thinking is a little more black and white than mine.

Is it bad that I don't care what gender my kid is as long as I get grand kids? I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that "season of life" when and if it happens. :) I have always loved being the fun Aunt, all fun and no real responsibility.  Nanny must be next level epic to that.

Love your approach but keep in mind that maybe your child doesn’t want to have kids. Or is infertile and doesn’t want to adopt/foster. Being a grandmother is almost better than being a mum (or so my mum tells me- she says you can much more just enjoy without worrying about education or development , bring out of the „am I a good mother“ cycle) but the decision is not up to us.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

That's a lot to put on your kid at what seems like a pretty young age. As someone who doesn't and has never wanted kids, the pressure from my mom to "give her grandkids" really strained our relationship at one point. I think she always just expected and assumed it would happen, and it was really hard for her to come to terms with the fact that I'm not having kids.

Grandchildren are like an awesome bonus - if you have them, great! But eventually your kid will make that decision on her own.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

And price point is not our friend. I never understand these family that dress "Modest" but pay 29.00  for a single maxi ruffled Polyester spandex skirt and that is the on sell price. 

I could list the reason why these companies are horrible for price gauging and human's rights violations for the workers that make the clothing.  -/00

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I find it hard to believe that there is a frumpy-jean-skirt thief roaming NW Arkansas.

Also, this sweater: https://theklassygirlboutique.com/amber-sweater-in-golden-yellow-final-sale/  DIscuss.

It reminds me of leaves. I don't hate it. But I had to only look quickly because something about her face was making me so uneasy. Maybe it was the dark hair, with the crazy sweater and the turtleneck making her head look huge....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

• Georgiana locked this topic