IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

17 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Christ almighty. And I thought the Amy and Jamie twins I went to school with were bad.

My close friends growing up...Harold and Gerald aka Hekyll and Jekyll. 

• Haha 11

I know twins named Elijah and Elishah- the mom sounds like she is coughing to emphasize the j to distinguish them. ?‍♀️ I feel badly though because the mom didn’t pick the names- she comes from a bad patriarchal situation and her father along with the boy’s father decided and that was that. 

• Sad 6
  • Love 1

When my son was in preschool he had twin boys in his class named Humphrey and Hamilton (I think, I can't remember the second name for sure). For weeks he was talking about having two Humphreys in his class and I thought it was strange since Humphrey wasn't that common of a name. It made a lot more sense when I helped in his class the first time and realized he just didn't know the other twin's name (or he thought they both were named Humphrey. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I have a friend that had 3 girls in a little less than 3 years and 2 of the sisters are Hazel and Amelia! I think they go nicely with each other without "matching". I have another friend that will be having 3 kids in 16ish months a boy, followed by twin girls. All three names are kin of matching. I just think it is weird. 

But who am I to judge. We ended up with an unintentional theme (C, B, A) and people ask us all the time if we did it on purpose. We didn't realize it until after we had chosen possible names for our youngest. All 3 girls names and the back up boy name happened to be A names. We couldn't agree on any other names so we just stuck with what we had. 

How cool is that!! 

• Upvote 2

There are so many Christian parents who name their twin boys Joshua and Caleb. I've personally met several sets with those names.

One of the sets of twin names I've seen (twice!) that was funniest to me was Nevaeh and Natasha. Nevaeh is "Heaven" backwards so Natasha...

13 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I don’t get why someone would do that to twins. I have a client who’s an identical twin. His name is Mark his brother’s name is Eric. I was a little surprised that their names were so different. He told me his mother was in so much shock that she had twins it took her a few days to name them, but was determined not to give them similar names. 

I actually thought at first that you were using those as an example of similar but not rhyming twin names! They're both four-letter names that end with a "k" sound. I like non-obvious themes like that, though.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I actually thought at first that you were using those as an example of similar but not rhyming twin names! They're both four-letter names that end with a "k" sound. I like non-obvious themes like that, though.

Good eye.  Didn’t realize till you pointed it out.  That could be the reason why she picked those names. I honestly was surprised that his brother name didn’t start with a “M”. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

One of the sets of twin names I've seen (twice!) that was funniest to me was Nevaeh and Natasha. Nevaeh is "Heaven" backwards so Natasha...

No!! No Natasha Duggars!  Ms Natasha Romanoff AKA the Black Widow is simply too amazing to have a Duggar namesake ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I once saw a man, who had Kayden, Aidan and Brayden tattooed on his neck presumably they were his children's names. The names were far to similar.

• Rufus Bless 4
  • I Agree 4

What will all the Duggar grandchildren think in 30 years from now when they watch the old programmes and see their Mums/ aunts/ Grandmas dressed in Frumpers. When they here Jim-Bobs ridiculousness, see Meechelle simpering.  Read about Smuggers mis-deeds?

I hope I'm still around to find out. Will they still be relevant in Fundie circles. Will fundamentalism still be a Thing? So many questions for the future. 

My hope is that they will include Doctors, lawyers, Teachers etc. Having somehow managed to gain decent education denied to their parents  generation. 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I have a friend that had 3 girls in a little less than 3 years and 2 of the sisters are Hazel and Amelia! I think they go nicely with each other without "matching". I have another friend that will be having 3 kids in 16ish months a boy, followed by twin girls. All three names are kin of matching. I just think it is weird. 

But who am I to judge. We ended up with an unintentional theme (C, B, A) and people ask us all the time if we did it on purpose. We didn't realize it until after we had chosen possible names for our youngest. All 3 girls names and the back up boy name happened to be A names. We couldn't agree on any other names so we just stuck with what we had. 

My sister and I accidentally did this with our kids. All three have names starting with the same letter - it wasn’t intentional, it just turned out that way. My daughter has a form of my middle name as her first, my eldest nephew has his dad’s middle name as his first, and my younger nephew has a name my sister has always loved. The names we’ve picked for our second child both start with the two letters immediately after the letter shared by my daughter and nephews. That was also unintentional as  we just really liked those two names (and they have family connections), but we purposely avoided picking any names starting with that same letter this time. So think:

- Daughter and nephews are named “Kevin”, “Kelly”, and “Kyle.”*

- Baby two names are “Larry” and “Molly.”*

We’re done having kids after this one, but we could have wound up with an unintentional letter theme like your’s if we were planning on more.

(And to make it worse, the shelter named our dog “Nana.”* I’ve joked to husband that if we adopt another dog it’ll need either a “L” or “M” name to continue the pattern.)

*Obviously not their real names. Lol!

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Ooh, I had guessed Josephine as one of the names you were describing! My other guess is Winnifred...

Honestly, it's a blessing they're not called Jed Bob and Jer Bob.

Not Winnifred! (though I do like it... but NO MORE babies here!) But way to go for guessing Josephine! :D 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I also knew a set of twins, Bonnie and Connie. They married best friends.

Did they marry Ronnie & Johnny? ;) 

• Haha 14

In the 80s we had twins in our NICU named Kevin Patrick and Dekevin Depatrick* 

*not their names,  but the exact pattern with Twin A having the real names, and Twin B having the “de” equivalents.

My husband, daughter (child 1)  and I all have first names that start with the same letter, our son (child 2) does not. He loves his name, so all is good!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, mollysmom said:

Did they marry Ronnie & Johnny? ;) 

No, but my uncle, who married one of the twins, has a cousin named one of those names!

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My husband, daughter (child 1)  and I all have first names that start with the same letter, our son (child 2) does not. He loves his name, so all is good!

I have a friend, both of his older brothers have “J” names. They both married women with “J” names. All 3 of them their oldest kids have “J” names. We are Jewish and in our religion we name children after someone who died to give them honor. I think all 3 of the kids were named after the same relative. 

• Upvote 4

I have also seen he boys/girl twin combo ''François'' and ''Françoise'' (obviously French).

Again, these were twins from my hometown, around my mother's age. I would think that matchy names like this were more common back in the days. At least, when I grew up in the 90's, most of the twins I came across in elementary and high school didn't seem to have a name theme going on. Simply names their parents probably liked.

• Upvote 2

On 4/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, Rachel333 said:

There are so many Christian parents who name their twin boys Joshua and Caleb. I've personally met several sets with those names.

I worked with a family that had twin girls named Heaven and Nevaeh. I pained me every time I looked in their file or had to speak to the kids. 

There are twins at my kids school named C aylyx and C adence and their last name starts with C as well 

• Upvote 4

On 4/27/2019 at 8:04 PM, Natalie22 said:

Jumping in on the bad identical twin names, I knew twins named Jaclyn and Joclyn.  

My dad and his twin are Den and Don... BUt that is their nicknames.. it's Dennis and Donald, so different at least for that.

• Upvote 3

The most gorgeous twin names I came across were Roan and Boaz. Matchy but totally different. Sadly one twin passed away before birth. 

• Sad 4

On 4/26/2019 at 6:30 AM, Smee said:

I know a Rosella, is it pronounced similarly or a “Ross” sound rather than “rose” sound? I also went to school with identical twins called Roseanne and Roselle. They were the worst twin names I had come across until Jebediah and Jedidiah.

Its pronounced Row-sue-la. We had family friends who said it without the "Spanish" accent as Row-ze-la.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:07 AM, JordynDarby5 said:

I love the name Juliana! Its a great name. 

Thank you. I liked it too. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Georgiana locked this topic