• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

JRod 93: Collecting "likes" by turning off the comments

Fruitcake

Alt title: JRod for a day.

You can have my Great Lash when you pry it from my cold, dead hand though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Mar

Is “motorizing” a bike a thing? I’ve never seen that before. I only know actual E-bikes (like in the picture below) that you already buy this way. Seems a little dangerous to use a bike that a college kid (who’s not exactly an expert) motorized.

Spoiler

518A64CE-6251-4673-9BF3-A9702015895F.jpeg.5c8b9bfce2db7e162811e5a3c02a3a2d.jpeg

Anyway, here’s Timothy’s Facebook post, it’s public (unlike Jill’s pouting selfies that I sadly can’t see).

Spoiler

3E96545B-021C-4B61-A7D1-9AAA6CF27E0A.thumb.jpeg.84127737efd23eba3f3869a5ccf9aca2.jpeg

Spoiler

B4988C0F-C5B3-402B-A7CB-198E64E416EE.thumb.jpeg.475b7a0816aa9c7cec46d8f5ec3241a6.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 13

Antimony

I'm...almost....weirdly impressed about Jill's ability to pout.

At work today, we had a telecon where we had to decide if we were going to cancel a meeting due to the storm and...at least like 12 flights. And everybody talked about it without getting upset and pouting and found a solution. Wow! (And this meeting was to coordinate for a recompete on funding...so like the salaries of about 80 people are on the line here. Not something Jill would understand.)

And never did it occur to me to like...post a selfie pouting about it. 

She will likely get reschedule. Also, three flights! Jimminy! 

Oh wow, I’ve just looked at the pouting photos on Instagram.  It’s public, so I’ve screenshot it - noone should miss it.  There’s a second one as well because apparently one pouting photo isn’t enough.7E4E4C29-21CC-4A3B-B6CA-9A2E14798072.thumb.png.248409091cfefae1875796537a526443.png

Seriously, how can any sane person think this is a reasonable photo to post?  Oh, that’s right, TIJWTA.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 12
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

OhNoNike

I’m not on FB anymore - I am confused by his “just built” bike that has 300 miles, but then “I’m just saying that to post on Facebook”. Huh?

DangerNoodle

I've seen DIY videos and kits for making your own ebike. I've decided against it because (while it is a neat idea and all) I'm a weakling and  it makes the bikes so heavy. 

Naga Viper
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Karma said:

Oh wow, I’ve just looked at the pouting photos on Instagram.  It’s public, so I’ve screenshot it - noone should miss it.  There’s a second one as well because apparently one pouting photo isn’t enough.7E4E4C29-21CC-4A3B-B6CA-9A2E14798072.thumb.png.248409091cfefae1875796537a526443.png

Seriously, how can any sane person think this is a reasonable photo to post?  Oh, that’s right, TIJWTA.

Beat me to it. Bad enough that Jill posts a photo like this, but then she's both vain AND dumb enough to post the outtake as well. Kind of undercuts the impact you were going for, Jillster, if you include the practice version.

I thought about making this my profile pic for a hot second, but her ability to suck in her cheeks is...not attractive. Guess I'll keep Smeargle for the time being.

Edited by Naga Viper
Clarified thought

Wine time!
Spanger
11 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

Here's an updated makeup tutorial. 

I love that this video ties in some shitty flute at the end.  This video wins!

And it’s a good point about Jill not really having any important reason to be in Washington and it shouldn’t matter much to her that her flight is delayed...  It would suck so much more to have a flight delayed on the way home from somewhere, with possibly no where to stay and having to pony up $ for extra nights in hotels that you weren’t expecting, or worrying about missing work if you can’t get home.  Or, it would suck more to have a flight delayed if you were planning to go to a time-sensitive event at the other end, like a business meeting or a concert.  It’s really hard for me to feel bad for a non-working person, traveling for leisure, and having to wait in the comfort of home an extra day or two before starting a trip.

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
4 hours ago, Karma said:

Seriously, how can any sane person think this is a reasonable photo to post?

Oh Jill!  That is a very, very bad look on you.  The lipstick on your lips looks, um, alarming.

Tiny kudos for wearing the necklace Timothy ridiculously bought for you for no reason.

Waffle Time
Lisafer
14 hours ago, BlackberryGirl said:

We both come from insanely long lived families, so genetics are on our side. His mom is 89, looks 70, has never spent a day in the hospital, other than childbirth. All 4 of his grandparents lived to 100+. My family tends to 90+. 

For us it was well worth it to wait. 

Yes, I am quite deaf, congenitally. The disability is heart failure. 

I find long-lived families fascinating. Wonder what it is about their genetics! I had a great-grandma who reached 99, but both sides tend more towards the mid-80s range in mine. 

MayMay1123

why are there so many zip ties all over that bike? it can't be held together with them...can it?

Firebird

What if Tim has a super secret Facebook account that his mom doesn't know about, and he occassionally posts things using her account to keep her from getting suspicious? In super controlling families like that oftentimes the kids get really good at sneaking. Just a thought.

Tired
FecundFundieFundus

I am so proud of muh boy!! Learning to make custom bike alterations is hard but cool and I'm proud of him for his hustle. TIM-BITS, this Iced Capp is for YOU! ❤️ Legitimately proud of this kid and worried about my weird boundaries, considering I don't know him. Whatever. 

11 hours ago, PumaLover said:

OK, is it wrong that I still like the frosted eyeshadow look? (but blended??) I just bought some new makeup the other day after not wearing any for the last year or two (depression, y'all!!). I even bought some bright purple lipstick. I'm Jill's age and in the past few months have realized IDGAF anymore, so I'll rock the bright makeup colors. 

I'm also an artist and have bright red hair and do tie dye so I figure I can get away with it, right? (Just kidding, I don't care.)

Side note, I am very jealous that Jill can afford to take two flights within a year across the country. My dad moved from California to Alabama and for the three of us to fly out for a visit it's close to $2,000. But we work for our money instead of grifting so I guess that's what we're doing wrong.

Nope! GO FOR IT! That's the best part about makeup; it's just art for your face. (The worst part about makeup is being expected to wear it--no-- and taking off waterproof mascara)

Depressed
formergothardite
4 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

I’m not on FB anymore - I am confused by his “just built” bike that has 300 miles, but then “I’m just saying that to post on Facebook”. Huh?

I've been trying to figure that out too. It doesn't make any sense. 

Jill's pout looks like she is making a kissy face. It is not a good look for her and even sadder is the poor child in the back of the second picture trying to get in the shot and smiling really big. I bet Jill didn't even notice her because she was too focused on getting the perfect picture of herself. 

freealljs

Upon first seeing her pouty pics on IG and not reading the caption, I honestly thought that Jill had sucked a lemon.  That is one messed up pout.

And all that eyeliner.  Yeesh.  

I hope that Tim is breaking away from his parents.  Hence, Jill and David's sudden need to see Tim.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
catlady

those IG photos just scream immature and childish.  5-year-olds pout, and they can because they're 5.  but Jill is a 40-year-old adult with life experience (such as it is), and while it is perfectly appropriate that she misses her son, she can and should be able to find a better way to communicate her feelings.  have some dignity, Jill.  

to me, it looks more like duck lips on crack than a pout.  and the lipstick line makes it look like she's sticking her tongue out.  which she already does far too often and it irritates me to no end.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

PianoGal

She's headed to Washington, y'all! She says there is still turbulence, because of the "blizzard snowstorm." In case you don't know what clouds look like from above, there are several obligatory and very mediocre window shots.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 19
  • Love 1

PopRox
Posted (edited)

Y'all have pretty much covered everything I was going to say about Jill's ridiculous and immature pouting selfies-- totally inappropriate for a woman her age. Getting flights canceled is a hassle, but an adult with dignity says some ungodly swear words and reschedules the flight. That said, it totally explains why she "doesn't know when" she will see Timothy again: babies have no concept of object permanence. 

ETA: @PianoGal and I posted at the same time. Grit your teeth, Timothy, here she comes!

Edited by PopRox
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

quiversR4hunting

I love the makeup tutorial! An acquaintance on f/b posted it this am and she said she has been fowling this youtuber for sometime and love her. 

I love how she says that soda tastes like diabetes. HAHA 

Waffle Time
Hane

@FecundFundieFundus, I have to wear waterproof mascara to avoid the dreaded Raccoon Eye, but use old-school cold cream to remove it. I just leave it on for a few minutes while I brush my teeth or something, and the mascara wipes right off!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
2 hours ago, Firebird said:

What if Tim has a super secret Facebook account

I wish he did, but I think he's too brainwashed and intimidated by Jill and Deadbeat David.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
BlackberryGirl

Genetics are fun.

On My maternal side the men tended to die in car wrecks, horse and buggy wrecks, logging accidents. But gramma was 87 when she passed in 1970. (Well beyond life expectancy for that era. ) Mom’s 5 sisters lived into their 90’s, all but one. Mom was 80 and died from a fall, she was walking her Newfoundland at midnight and he tripped her, and she hit her head. Now a week before that she was up on the porch roof, shingling. Had she not fallen, i would have expected her to live several more years. 

My older siblings are 82, 81, 79 and 76. The younger 2 ski black diamond runs and my 79 year old brother bicycled from Seattle to Rochester NY in his 70’s.

BBB’s mom is 89. His father retired twice. At 65 he retired after 40+ years, then drove school bus til he was 83 and mom wanted to travel. He passed at 85. BBBs grands all lived to 100+ His aunts and uncles are mostly still living all in their late 80s and 90s. Their health is ridiculous.

nausicaa
4 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I find long-lived families fascinating. Wonder what it is about their genetics! I had a great-grandma who reached 99, but both sides tend more towards the mid-80s range in mine. 

Always loved this commercial. I also once worked with a guy who was 93 and still bopping around. He had moved in with his daughter and was complaining about how loud she played music in the house like "all the kids do now." She shows up at the office one day, and couldn't have been a day under 60. 🤣

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

Meh
Dandruff

Where did Tim find the time and $$s to put that motorized bike together?  Is it rideable?  What happens if he can't sell it?