• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Status Updates Bug Read more... ×
samurai_sarah

JRod 93: Collecting "likes" by turning off the comments

littlemommy

Jill posted that she and Timothy are still doing their running thing, and hashtag-mentioned that she’s flying to Washington state today. I’m going to assume that only she, or only she and David, are going, or they’d be driving the RodPod.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 26
  • Love 1

Wine time!
Spanger

Moody website says last day of school for aviation students is May 24.  Why is Jill wasting $$ going out there to visit now?  Wouldn’t it be better to wait and save the $ for Tim to go home, or maybe just send it to him to lighten his financial/work load during his last month of finals?

Guarantee if she’s flying out there, she’s at least bringing nursing baybee Janessa with her- I think she’s still young enough to ride free on Jill’s lap.  If it’s just J&J, it will be a short trip, Jill won’t be away from her Best-Daughter-Friend-Servants for very long.  If David’s along for the ride, then one of the older daughters will be too- maybe Kaylee will get an extra ‘senior trip’- or maybe it will be Renee’s turn for a senior trip.  (They’ll need a baby-sitter with so Jill can gush about the fancy date weekend for her and David.)

Seriously, I wonder if there is some kind of special thing going on for Tim that they are flying out there at such an awkward time in his schedule vs. waiting a month or two for a full family grift-a-thon tour?  Maybe a special lady he wants his parents to meet so he can court?  I hope whatever it might be, that Tim enjoys the visit with his parents and that it isn’t an unwanted disruption to his school and work schedules.

Alice in Fundieland
Posted (edited)

Jill posted on Facebook that she’s getting ready to fly to Washington to see Tim since they met their 800 mile running goal. She also posted several pictures of Kaylee playing the piano with Janessa sitting in a high chair next to her. Apparently it would be inconvenient for Jill to spend time with her infant daughter while Kaylee practices the skill that helps feed their family. 

ETA I see others have already posted about this. I guess the page didn’t refresh when I checked to see if anyone had already shared about Jill’s latest post. 

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
  • Upvote 20
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

bird
4 hours ago, lilith said:

I can’t decide which would be more important to Jill - to hoard her own clothes or to be able to boast that she and her (slender) teenage daughters share their modest wardrobe of skintight non sluttish ankle length dresses and undershirts.

I missed the thread drift (I’ve only just returned to FJ and I’m wary of dipping my toes into the timesuck that I know the Rodrigues threads to be), but I thought I was the only person who still played Pokemon Go! My kids assure me that I am.....

I started playing with my son who soon lost interest, but I was taking my then baby for nightly walks to settle her and enjoyed the collecting aspect, and now she’s 3 1/2 and I’m still hooked (almost level 39).

Yes come join us in the pokemon thread in games. We are quite good at being friends and sending gifts. Fun to get eggs from different countries. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Depressed
formergothardite
47 minutes ago, Spanger said:

(They’ll need a baby-sitter with so Jill can gush about the fancy date weekend for her and David.)

Even without a nursing baby Jill tends to bring a child with her. IMO she wants a buffer between her and David. I don't get the impression that their relationship is that great. Going on a date is one thing, but spending an entire weekend alone with David doesn't seem to be something that Jill wants to do. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Starrynight
5 hours ago, lilith said:

I can’t decide which would be more important to Jill - to hoard her own clothes or to be able to boast that she and her (slender) teenage daughters share their modest wardrobe of skintight non sluttish ankle length dresses and undershirts.

This is a very good possibility too @lilith. Totally a Jill thing to do. Plus Jill’s closet might not have any room for clothing with storing her gazillion teddy bears. 😉

Has she ever talked about her systems for laundry and clothes storage? I would love to know how they handle it. They appear to have an enormous amount of stuff.

Deleorean88mph
2 hours ago, littlemommy said:

Jill posted that she and Timothy are still doing their running thing, and hashtag-mentioned that she’s flying to Washington state today. I’m going to assume that only she, or only she and David, are going, or they’d be driving the RodPod.

Which is what she should have done to drop him off in August. Save the $ so that Tim would have had $10 for books!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Cheetah

FJ Pokemon thread?  Where to find that?  I still play daily although some days just long enough to spin one stop and catch one Pokemon.   I'm ready for the HP Niantic game to come out :-). 

littlemommy

I goofed—Jill is flying to see NotDead Timothy tomorrow, not today. No further details yet, though I’m sure a lot of grinning Jill pics are on the way!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

harkasquirrel

I wonder if Jill will write a post (and sincerely hope she doesn't) about SWEET TIMOTHY taking his Mommy on a date...

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 9
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

littlemommy
1 minute ago, harkasquirrel said:

I wonder if Jill will write a post (and sincerely hope she doesn't) about SWEET TIMOTHY taking his Mommy on a date...

Shoot, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Sweet Timothy paid for Mama’s plane ticket.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 20
  • Love 1

Four is Enough
2 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Shoot, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Sweet Timothy paid for Mama’s plane ticket.

Sadly, me neither.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Bad Wolf

Spring break? Can't have Timothy alone getting up to mischief, like forgetting to read his KJV.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

PopRox

Is it wrong that I'm hoping Tim currently hiding all his Harry Potter books and CCM CDs as we speak?

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 11

Starrynight
37 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

Jill just posted that while on the way to the airport, they got a text that her flight is canceled due to a storm in the Rocky Mountains.  She said it was her, Renee and Janessa that were going.  She is super bummed and doesn't know when she will get to see Timothy now.  Timothy is doing a happy dance, haha.

Is Renee Janessa’s sister-mom? Or is it just her special week?  

I swear - they spend money like water. If Jill can’t handle taking her nursing baby on a cross country flight, then maybe she should stay home? Or send David? Or save the money for a ticket for Timothy to come home over the summer?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
Lisafer
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Starrynight said:

Is Renee Janessa’s sister-mom? Or is it just her special week?  

I swear - they spend money like water. If Jill can’t handle taking her nursing baby on a cross country flight, then maybe she should stay home? Or send David? Or save the money for a ticket for Timothy to come home over the summer?

The crazy spending gets under my skin too. I have a much smaller family than Jill and we can't even afford ONE plane ticket across the country! Jesus!

I suppose my problem is that I work a normal job. Obviously I am not skilled in the ways of griftiness. 

Edited by Lisafer
typo
  • Upvote 29
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

daisyjane1234
Posted (edited)

Forgive me if I am saying something that has already been talked about ad nauseam, but the Maxwell/Rod combination got me thinking.  For all that I dislike about Jill - and there's a lot - her kids and girls in particular, actually have opportunities.  Limited and controlled opportunities, but still.  Unlike the Maxwells, the Rod kids have the chance to study outside of the Rod home and beyond whatever it is that Jill might "teach".  Yeah, the older kids' courses are carefully controlled to ensure that they will never develop critical thinking skills, particularly when it comes to theology, but at least they get to study with others. The girls are pursuing so-called Biblical studies elsewhere. Tim is attending college and working. He might even work with women.  Tim probably studies beside women, and he may even be taught by them.  Experiences that would certainly  cause wailing and gnashing of teeth in Maxwell.  Sure the Rod kids' experiences are limited, but there are at least possibilities that might come with those experiences - like glimpsing the wider world.

But even more importantly, the Rod kids meet other families and the Rod girls have opportunities to meet young men their ages.  While I stridently disagree with grooming girls ONLY to become wives and mothers, at least the Rods are creating opportunities for their young women to live out those particular parent-selected goals.  Unlike Steve and Terri who seem intent on locking their women away until God magically drops an appropriate suitor (who likely doesn't exist) on their lap.

Edited by daisyjane1234
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Spent
ViolaSebastian
3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

FJ Pokemon thread?  Where to find that?  I still play daily although some days just long enough to spin one stop and catch one Pokemon.   I'm ready for the HP Niantic game to come out :-). 

Yay!! It’s over in Quiverfull of Worldy Distractions in Quiverfull of Games. We would love to have you join us and send you neat presents from exotic locales! If you go back a few pages in the thread, people have listed their trainer number! Excited to have another FJ friend on the roster!

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/27488-pokemon-go/?page=13

HarryPotterFan
55 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

Jill just posted that while on the way to the airport, they got a text that her flight is canceled due to a storm in the Rocky Mountains.  She said it was her, Renee and Janessa that were going.  She is super bummed and doesn't know when she will get to see Timothy now.  Timothy is doing a happy dance, haha.

And Timothy prayed to the lord to keep mama away, and the lord answered.

I hope “she doesn’t know when she’ll see him” means he’ll stay in Washington for the summer and work. That would be so great for him.

12 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

The crazy spending get under my skin too. I have a much smaller family than Jill and we can't even afford ONE plane ticket across the country! Jesus!

I suppose my problem is that I work a normal job. Obviously I am not skilled in the ways of griftiness. 

I posted in another thread, but I recently found out a woman I know cashed out her 401K to go on a trip across the ocean. And in JRod style, she left her kid at home. “Hey sweetie, I’m going to sacrifice the ability to have anything to fall back on in an emergency because mommy needs to go to Europe. Have fun with the babysitter!”

So there’s you’re othe problem. You’re too smart to cash out your retirement plan to go on vacation.

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
Lisafer

@HarryPotterFan I didn't know whether to laugh or "wtf" react at that story. Holy crap!

Ms. Squishels

My theory on why Renee was/is going to Washington with Jill.  Sister Moms No. 1 and 2 are both needed to look after all the kids left at home and keep things nice and clean, and make sure no one gets attacked by a green bean can (or even a hot can of corn possibly).  So Sister Mom No. 3 goes on trip with only one baby to look after and to help pamper Momma should the need arise.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10

Depressed
Loveday
54 minutes ago, BlackberryGirl said:

The older Grandberry is super into Pokemon Go and Pokemon in general. She collects cards, stuffies, etc. she will be 17 next month. She plans to major in animation and game art in college so for her it’s career prep. He particular cohort is still really into Go. 

Even with a good salary BBB and I have NEVER flown across country. We took a family vacation about 6 years ago. To Chicago. 

Have good stuff happening for us, but I‘m not ready to share with my wider fb list. Yesterday we went to Social Security and teachers retirement system to get the ball rolling for BBB’s retirement. 

He will get a nice amount from Social security and my benefits (I’m on disability) will increase a little. Waiting til he is 70 makes a huge difference. 

Teachers retirement will be aproximately 65% of his current salary. He will also get service credit for his first year of teaching when he was a substitute, and he will get service credit for the 3 years he was a part time police officer. 

AND really important if we pick option 2, we will get less each month, but if he dies, I will continue to get his pension. We have 2 kids to support and I’ve been worried about that. I thought I would get a lump sum, and that would last us about 5 years. Oh and New York wont tax his retiremt. We will pay federal taxes, but not state. 

AND because he has been with the district 29 years and is NEVER sick, he has accrued 240 sick days. Because of that we will keep our health insurance for the family, for several years. That means our really great prescription benefit,and the kids are covered. We wont need to buy the supplemental medicare insurance. 

I’m soooo damn happy. I am completely disabled. I haven’t been able to teach for almost 17 years.

i know this has zero to do with the Rods, but this is how it works if you don’t grift. 

I'm really happy for you! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:And thank you for posting about Social Security; I'll be 62 next year and need to start figuring out what I'm going to do--start getting my benefits then, or wait a few more years. I'm not contributing any more, haven't been employed for a long time, so my monthly  check won't be a whole lot, but I don't know how much more it would be if I wait awhile. I'm tempted to just start getting it next year and putting it in the bank, but we'll see. At any rate, your comment reminded me that I need to go to the website and start educating myself on all the options! :techie-typing:

Naga Viper
3 hours ago, PopRox said:

Is it wrong that I'm hoping Tim currently hiding all his Harry Potter books and CCM CDs as we speak?

Forget CCM—let's shoot the moon and hope he's got Slayer and Cannibal Corpse on his phone. Maybe some Pantera for the riffage.

I guess there's always a chance he Googled the family, saw our countless references to '80s metal re: Jill's styling choices, became a Mötley Crüe fan, and caught The Dirt on the DL...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 3