Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Status Updates Bug Read more... ×
samurai_sarah

JRod 93: Collecting "likes" by turning off the comments

Recommended Posts

samurai_sarah

Continue commenting from here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful
Quote

Hey Jill, doesn't that ever get boring and you want to do more than the bare minimum just to mix things up?!

@Pecansforeveryone, you may have hit upon the only way to get someone like Jill to do more.

Hey, Jill, feed, educate, and listen to your kids because it's more entertaining for you! There may be 12 individual, fascinating people living in your house/RV! It can be like going to a party and meeting new people! Try it!

Eh, who am I kidding. 

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pecansforeveryone
Posted (edited)

@thoughtful, right? We "sluttish heathens" see more individual value and potential in Jill's children having never frickin meet them than Jill has knowing them their entire lives. Jill, know this for a fact, strangers on the Internet, do see your children as "precious blessings" and oh valuable individuals in their own right. The six million dollar question is Jill, why the hell don't you?! 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
add a thought
  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
FecundFundieFundus

image.thumb.png.34bd9e41f7fe4020e4333786141de31c.png.acd166fafea35de87fa2c368ff4a4302.png

Suddenly Myanmar is on my list of travel destinations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful
1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

We "sluttish heathens" see more individual value and potential in Jill's children having never frickin meet them than Jill has knowing them their entire lives. Jill, know this for a fact, strangers on the Internet, do see your children as "precious blessings" and oh valuable individuals in their own right. The six million dollar question is Jill, why the hell don't you?! 

That's why I thought your idea was so great -- people like Jill need variety and stimulation, and expect to be entertained by everyone. If Jill could imagine her kids are brand new people she's met, she might be entertained into paying some attention to them.

Problem is, people like Jill also need a steady supply of worship and reassurance that they are the best. There are a few paths to this -- one is to gaslight/discipline those who are always around into being their worshippers, which seems to be Jill's method. The other is to go after new people on a constant basis, and only show them a nice facade, for as long as possible. That works for a while, but normal healthy people catch on and leave.

So I guess there's no chance of persuading Jill that she can be entertained by letting her kids eat, learn and express themselves. They might be briefly more worshipful, startled by her new-found generosity, but their being educated and asked about their opinions could lead to their seeing what she really is, and not bowing at her feet any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DangerNoodle

Can't comment, but you can tag Jill in Instagram posts. Just need to find a Godly cosmetics tutorial from this decade for the perfect passive aggressive tag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Closed Womb

Lord Rufus, I do believe this Etsy product that showed on Facebook is because of my Jill interest.  

Cutesy either/or fallacy; regardless, I think a few of Jill’s more introverted kids might like an empty castle.  

C64EA360-2E9A-4EF4-ACE3-16EA741875F5.jpeg

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deleorean88mph

Jill set her facebook to private bc she didn't want negative feedback on her page, but it seems like she does want feedback. That's why she posts on insta and her blog with the comments off, so that people see and will comment on other message boards (such as this). 

If she wants to earn more $ (aside from Plexus), she should put videos on her youtube channel. With enough of a following, advertisers will pay to advertise on her vids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
FecundFundieFundus
3 minutes ago, Deleorean88mph said:

Jill set her facebook to private bc she didn't want negative feedback on her page, but it seems like she does want feedback. That's why she posts on insta and her blog with the comments off, so that people see and will comment on other message boards (such as this). 

David made Jill set "their" Facebook to private. Thus she's suddenly updating the blog again and using Instagram. 

  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Closed Womb

Serious shirt photo question:  Jill, legal adult Nurie, (and Kaylee), and Renee all have on identically cut button up shirts in different colors.  This is unlikely to be a thrift store find, so it looks to me that Jill bought these new to be “quadruplets” with her BFF and the other two girls she lets in the group (probably to go with the skirts, possibly already on hand).  Of course, this is really for Jill, otherwise the expenditure would not be approved.  If the kids (and legal adult Nurie) get new things as a fall out of Jill’s greed, is this a good thing?  A wash?  A bad thing, since it’s usually only favorite kids?  Are they actually flush, and this kind of buying isn’t a big deal? (I think this is actually possible, given how pricey their lifestyle is).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Spanger

Well, because I’m a weirdo, and because I take the JRod threads SEVERELY seriously, I went back and reviewed the shirts in the picture.  I must report that they are NOT all the same.  The un-favored girls shirts are cut straight across the bottom with a small slit up the sides, whereas Nuries and Jill’s have the curved cut at the bottom.  Also, if you look at the way the wrist gathers are, none of them are the same.

This post brought to you by the fact that I really wanted @Closed Womb to be right, so I could snark on the idea that they are ALL Jill’s shirts and her daughters are just borrowing them, but it would appear that these were actually thrifted or otherwise gathered over time.

Renee looks so different without her braces!  Her hair is cute too, when you consider that she’s working within Jill’s unfortunate hair styling guidelines.  What she makes those girls do to their hair is really just such a shame.

  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starrynight
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Closed Womb said:

Serious shirt photo question:  Jill, legal adult Nurie, (and Kaylee), and Renee all have on identically cut button up shirts in different colors.  This is unlikely to be a thrift store find, so it looks to me that Jill bought these new to be “quadruplets” with her BFF and the other two girls she lets in the group (probably to go with the skirts, possibly already on hand).  Of course, this is really for Jill, otherwise the expenditure would not be approved.  If the kids (and legal adult Nurie) get new things as a fall out of Jill’s greed, is this a good thing?  A wash?  A bad thing, since it’s usually only favorite kids?  Are they actually flush, and this kind of buying isn’t a big deal? (I think this is actually possible, given how pricey their lifestyle is).  

Jill idolizes Michelle Duggar, so I bet all of the clothing is considered community clothing. (Maybe, except for Jill’s outfits.) So the girls didn’t really receive a new outfit of their very own. It would be stored with everything else, to be worn by whatever child it would fit. Or as we have seen, in the case of shoes- worn by a child regardless of fit.

 

Edited by Starrynight
Spelling
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurky

I was wondering if the friend sent them the shirts back from Myanmar too?  But I can't fathom why they'd need long, high-necked undershirts on them, except to do the classic "draw attention to the fact I'm more modest than thou" thing Jill loves.

I am also wondering if anyone else in the family got gifts, but in Rod-land it seems completely normal to buy gifts for some children and not others, and that seems bizarre.  In my experience as an adult, gifts are only bought for one child only if it's their birthday or a major life event (they've achieved something, or they're in hospital) or if it's a case of an older child with a baby/small sibling that won't realise if they have or haven't been gifted something (eg my sister's kids, where I bought her older son a balance bike, and nothing for the baby, because it's taken as read either the bike will be handed down, or I'll buy the younger one a bike when he's old enough).  OR, at a push, there's a cut-off age, where kids under some arbitrary age get presents and older ones don't.

IF the friend has just bought presents for Jill and her 3 oldest daughters, that seems really odd - like why buy a present for Renee, but not Philip, who's only a year younger?  Nurie turns 20 this month - why buy a grown-up woman a gift but not her little sisters?  I completely get that it would be a big deal to buy gifts for 12 children still at home (or 11, seeing as Janessa is too young to understand) but if you can't afford to buy for everyone, surely it's better to buy for none, or get a communal gift for them (a musical instrument?  A carving?)

I hope that she bought presents for everyone, but Jill only bothered to take photos of the things she could be in.   I dunno, maybe I'm over-sensitive about this kind of thing, because of worrying about what it must feel like to be an un-favoured child, when the parents have got so many kids their attention is already stretched way too thin, even before you add in obsessions with Plexus and social media...

  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BachelorToTheRapture
43 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I was wondering if the friend sent them the shirts back from Myanmar too?  But I can't fathom why they'd need long, high-necked undershirts on them, except to do the classic "draw attention to the fact I'm more modest than thou" thing Jill loves.

I am also wondering if anyone else in the family got gifts, but in Rod-land it seems completely normal to buy gifts for some children and not others, and that seems bizarre.  In my experience as an adult, gifts are only bought for one child only if it's their birthday or a major life event (they've achieved something, or they're in hospital) or if it's a case of an older child with a baby/small sibling that won't realise if they have or haven't been gifted something (eg my sister's kids, where I bought her older son a balance bike, and nothing for the baby, because it's taken as read either the bike will be handed down, or I'll buy the younger one a bike when he's old enough).  OR, at a push, there's a cut-off age, where kids under some arbitrary age get presents and older ones don't.

IF the friend has just bought presents for Jill and her 3 oldest daughters, that seems really odd - like why buy a present for Renee, but not Philip, who's only a year younger?  Nurie turns 20 this month - why buy a grown-up woman a gift but not her little sisters?  I completely get that it would be a big deal to buy gifts for 12 children still at home (or 11, seeing as Janessa is too young to understand) but if you can't afford to buy for everyone, surely it's better to buy for none, or get a communal gift for them (a musical instrument?  A carving?)

I hope that she bought presents for everyone, but Jill only bothered to take photos of the things she could be in.   I dunno, maybe I'm over-sensitive about this kind of thing, because of worrying about what it must feel like to be an un-favoured child, when the parents have got so many kids their attention is already stretched way too thin, even before you add in obsessions with Plexus and social media...

The only time I've seen kids accept uneven gifts like that is when the adults only have a special connection to one kid. For example my sister's godmother would get birthday presents for her but not the rest of my siblings and me although she knew all of us fairly well because she had that special reason to do so.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lillymuffin

Tessie (?) and Hannah (?) got skirts, too. She just didn’t put the pics on Instagram, apparently. No matchy-matchy shirts for them, though; just regular old tops. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 17
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Closed Womb
1 hour ago, Spanger said:

Well, because I’m a weirdo, and because I take the JRod threads SEVERELY seriously, I went back and reviewed the shirts in the picture.  I must report that they are NOT all the same.  The un-favored girls shirts are cut straight across the bottom with a small slit up the sides, whereas Nuries and Jill’s have the curved cut at the bottom.  Also, if you look at the way the wrist gathers are, none of them are the same.

This post brought to you by the fact that I really wanted @Closed Womb to be right, so I could snark on the idea that they are ALL Jill’s shirts and her daughters are just borrowing them, but it would appear that these were actually thrifted or otherwise gathered over time.

Renee looks so different without her braces!  Her hair is cute too, when you consider that she’s working within Jill’s unfortunate hair styling guidelines.  What she makes those girls do to their hair is really just such a shame.

Rufus Bless, they need to find some new styles, then!     

My apologies. 

15 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

Tessie (?) and Hannah (?) got skirts, too. She just didn’t put the pics on Instagram, apparently. No matchy-matchy shirts for them, though; just regular old tops. 

It’s very nice that the church friend included the forgotten girls.  That warms my heart.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Spanger

Ok- I totally agree with the “get a gift for all the kids in the family” philosophy- like, totally.  But I hypothesize that maybe the gift-giver could only find those skirts in adult lady sizes.  Jill being Jill, only cares about posting the photo op with her bffs (repeatedly), and not any of the gifts the other kids (hopefully) received and might be excited to show off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelsey
6 hours ago, DangerNoodle said:

Can't comment, but you can tag Jill in Instagram posts. Just need to find a Godly cosmetics tutorial from this decade for the perfect passive aggressive tag. 

Alyssa Webster made one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OhNoNike
15 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Alyssa Webster made one.

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryPotterFan
5 hours ago, Deleorean88mph said:

If she wants to earn more $ (aside from Plexus), she should put videos on her youtube channel. With enough of a following, advertisers will pay to advertise on her vids.

Until the heathens contact the advertisers /boycott because she’s an awful hateful child abuser, and then they drop her 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deleorean88mph
9 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Whats with the dramatic background music?

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Until the heathens contact the advertisers /boycott because she’s an awful hateful child abuser, and then they drop her 

Good point...except for Plexus 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilith
8 hours ago, Starrynight said:

Jill idolizes Michelle Duggar, so I bet all of the clothing is considered community clothing. (Maybe, except for Jill’s outfits.) So the girls didn’t really receive a new outfit of their very own. It would be stored with everything else, to be worn by whatever child it would fit. Or as we have seen, in the case of shoes- worn by a child regardless of fit.

 

I can’t decide which would be more important to Jill - to hoard her own clothes or to be able to boast that she and her (slender) teenage daughters share their modest wardrobe of skintight non sluttish ankle length dresses and undershirts.

12 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

So I know it's been a minute since the Pokémon thread drift, but while I've been running around taking photos to try and catch Smeargle, it occurred to me that I really should take Jynx Jill here out to lunch.

jynx1.jpg.07ce43f21c3fafe63cad619f40ea80cc.jpg

...or not.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

What? You mean this isn't the nice Olive Garden?

jynx2.jpg.7ced7a00854b2abef6b6c72c31999f33.jpg

 

 

I missed the thread drift (I’ve only just returned to FJ and I’m wary of dipping my toes into the timesuck that I know the Rodrigues threads to be), but I thought I was the only person who still played Pokemon Go! My kids assure me that I am.....

I started playing with my son who soon lost interest, but I was taking my then baby for nightly walks to settle her and enjoyed the collecting aspect, and now she’s 3 1/2 and I’m still hooked (almost level 39).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
EyesOpen

Team Valor over here, @lilith , and I assure you you’re not the only person still playing! My kids no longer play but my husband and I do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naga Viper
2 hours ago, lilith said:

I missed the thread drift (I’ve only just returned to FJ and I’m wary of dipping my toes into the timesuck that I know the Rodrigues threads to be), but I thought I was the only person who still played Pokemon Go! My kids assure me that I am.....

I started playing with my son who soon lost interest, but I was taking my then baby for nightly walks to settle her and enjoyed the collecting aspect, and now she’s 3 1/2 and I’m still hooked (almost level 39).

The kids and the casuals have long since moved on, but there's definitely still a contingent of us out there (and the FJ thread about it is alive and well). There are certain Pokestops in town where I can reliably benefit from other people's modules, especially on event days. Everyone's on their phones anyway, so who's to know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements



×