IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

No post since Monday.  Hmm.

It's to plug the book. Need to make sure as many as possible.....see it multiple times. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, freejugar said:

Coming up  with  Steve s new diet is  taking up a lot  of  time. They  have to  pray through the food  options, google recipes, hold a family  meeting,  shop  for  the  new recipe, hold a special  dinner with it, pray afterwards, hold  another  meeting to  see if dad  could  taste  the  lack of  meat or  not, and so on  until they  come up  with  the  entire meal plan. They must  pray  about it even  more after its  chosen . Then  they  have to  buy the groceries in bulk, spend an entire  weekend making  one  meal, make a shopping list, and add  everything to the schedule.  The same thing for the new  workout plan. We  won't see  another  post  for  about a month!

And then Teri has to enter it all into excel so she can reference it before shopping each week - it would be a Maxhell disaster if she made an extra unnecessary serving (especially now John, the scheduled leftover consumer, has left the nest and become extended family).

12 hours ago, anjulibai said:

It's to plug the book. Need to make sure as many as possible.....see it multiple times. 

Yep, happens every time they’re shilling a new product.

• Upvote 8

17 hours ago, lilith said:

And then Teri has to enter it all into excel so she can reference it before shopping each week - it would be a Maxhell disaster if she made an extra unnecessary serving (especially now John, the scheduled leftover consumer, has left the nest and become extended family).

They're going to need to schedule a meeting to appoint a new leftover consumer. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

They're going to need to schedule a meeting to appoint a new leftover consumer. 

Maybe Jesse will take initiative once again and take on this terrible burden. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7

So Homeschoolers Nathan and Melanie attended the Midwest Parent Home Educators’ homeschool conference for homeschoolers. The what some would call a vacation can not come soon enough!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

And the girls did a full house clean for Nathan and Mel while they were away. 

Fuck that shit - I know they mean well but I'd take that as a passive-aggressive insult - "what do you mean you don't clean your ceiling fans every week? Better fix that for you, you sloth!"

It's like that time when we let friends stay in our house when we were away, and they decided to rearrange stuff in our kitchen (wife is a neat freak, husband an engineer and also Aspie - it was never going to end well). Needless to say, we switched it right back as soon as they had left.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

29 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Fuck that shit - I know they mean well but I'd take that as a passive-aggressive insult - "what do you mean you don't clean your ceiling fans every week? Better fix that for you, you sloth!"

It's like that time when we let friends stay in our house when we were away, and they decided to rearrange stuff in our kitchen (wife is a neat freak, husband an engineer and also Aspie - it was never going to end well). Needless to say, we switched it right back as soon as they had left.

I doubt Melanie cared. She is pregnant. I don't think you can extrapolate MaxBorg into anything you might be feeling about your friends invading your space! And you better believe that it was not a surprise and totally on the schedule.

Melanie married Nathan when Mary and Anna were little. I am sure she does not view them the same way as you view your friends.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I doubt Melanie cared. She is pregnant. I don't think you can extrapolate MaxBorg into anything you might be feeling about your friends invading your space! And you better believe that it was not a surprise and totally on the schedule.

Melanie married Nathan when Mary and Anna were little. I am sure she does not view them the same way as you view your friends.

If I remember correctly, they usually help a pregnant or new mom in the family with cleaning. So this is nothing new for Melanie and she’s likely completely used to it. And probably appreciated it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

One thing I noticed... Sarah wrote that they cleaned MOM and Dad's house. Small steps.

She wasn’t referring to Steve, so precedence was less importance.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

One thing I noticed... Sarah wrote that they cleaned MOM and Dad's house. Small steps.

Well, cleaning is the jurisdiction of all moms. I am sure Nathan isn’t out there scrubbing toilets. Knowing they would likely come clean everything, I wouldn’t have cleaned for weeks. I am passive agressive that way. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

A heavily pregnant mother of 5, sure she appreciates someone cleaning her house. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Two questions-Does Wonder Woman Melanie's parents ever babysit the Maxgrands, and do the Maxwells know that Notre Dame Cathedral almost burned to the ground today?

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Two questions-Does Wonder Woman Melanie's parents ever babysit the Maxgrands, and do the Maxwells know that Notre Dame Cathedral almost burned to the ground today?

They’ll know if it’s important enough for someone to talk about in the checkout line - otherwise it can’t matter.

It was just one big catholic idol anyway though- Steve probably approves.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 10

14 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

A heavily pregnant mother of 5, sure she appreciates someone cleaning her house. 

A single 30 year old German girl with a messy roommate would also appreciate it :banana-dance:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

See I would hate to have someone come in and deep clean my home while I was away. I would appreciate help to clean to Maxhell standards (very very much) but I would feel very violated by someone just going ahead and doing it.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

As long as it wasn't a total surprise, I think I might prefer the deep cleaning to happen while I was gone. That way I could mentally grumble about how many things got put back in the wrong places afterwards instead of having to helplessly watch as the cleaners did things "the wrong way". (I guess I have some of my own control issues. :pb_wink:

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
hit submit too soon
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I did a deep cleaning for a friend of mine while she was away for a few days.  I was trying to help because I was staying with her for a couple of weeks during a difficult time, and I thought I'd help.  She'd said several times she wished she'd get the energy together to do finish unpacking from their last move, she'd put the pots and pans in the wrong cupboard and someday would move them to this other one instead, etc.  So while she was gone I did all her laundry, moved the pots and pans to the other cupboard, washed down all her windows, etc.  She was furious.  She felt violated and accused me of trying to make her look bad in front her her husband.  

I found another place to stay and tried a couple of times to visit her, but she just didn't want to repair our friendship.  Fifteen years of close friendship and suddenly she despised me.  I now know that she had other things influencing her, and me cleaning her home was just an excuse to freak out, but I think that even if we had no other issues she'd still feel like I overstepped my bounds by taking it on myself to rearrange her stuff.  The difference would be that if my cleaning spree was the only thing going on at the time she'd have told me to leave her stuff alone and we would have moved on, but that wasn't the case.

• Sad 10
  • Love 5

12 hours ago, lilith said:

It was just one big catholic idol anyway though- Steve probably approves.

Yes. Please keep in mind that Notre Dame wasn't a church but merely a "church."

I mean, they burned (Maxwell trigger warning) candles in there. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 4/15/2019 at 1:03 PM, Captain Obvious said:

-Cooking tortillas (some of the sisters-in-law like the Costco tortillas as they make great, “fresh” tortillas with minimal time)-

and this doesn’t read like a very nice piece of advise either...

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Jinderella said:

-Cooking tortillas (some of the sisters-in-law like the Costco tortillas as they make great, “fresh” tortillas with minimal time)-

and this doesn’t read like a very nice piece of advise either...

Yeah, I didn't quite get the quotation marks around the word fresh. 

I know the Maxwells have a tortilla press and they make homemade tortillas, but just because some of the sils buy them from a store doesn't mean they're not fresh.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, SPHASH said:

They probably only know that Catholics were there. And, they are praying for them to see the light of the true faith.

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't like for someone to surprise clean my house while I was away. Or present. I don't honestly even like "help". I like my things my way and in my places and I am a border-line neat freak, so please, just leave it alone. 

My mom was pretty sick for a while and she had a cleaning woman come in once a week. As mom improved, they no longer had the cleaning woman. Our family used the party room at her apartment for a family get together, and I was there all day to set up and make sure mom didn't have to do anything. I cleaned her kitchen, pretty generically, and she was not a happy woman. After much apologizing, I did ask why the cleaning woman was ok but I am not. She said because that's what she paid the cleaning woman to do, and she did it at my mom's direction and choice. Fair enough and I apologized sincerely. She knew I was trying to help, but she is my mother after all, and she likes her things her way. 

I do know other people who would love to have someone come in and clean for them.

Assuming someone will like such a thing is the mistake. Asking if someone would like it is the bombl.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic