IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

At this point Sarah, should just write a script that automatically makes posts for her, since the Maxwells claim to be great at IT.

Title: Random life from %noun to %noun

We've been having such %adjective_season weather! Lots of %noun_season.

This past month has been busy with %chore and looking forward to %newest_maxwell_addition

%insert nephews and nieces photos

%caption "these two" "this crew"

%insert Ellie and Arnold pic

%random bible verse completely unrelated 

Love Sarah!

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, meee said:

Steve looks odd in that picture of him and Benji, like he's lost a lot of weight or something. I don't think he looks especially well.

well, he is still in recovery of his procedure (i don't know the details, because i haven't been paying attention), so there's that.  but ironically, i thought his smile seemed more genuine here than in other photos, and that alone is odd.  

here is a shot from the post, but i won't torture you with the dull humans--

Spoiler

image.png.cfdd17f43c76bbf226ca4ba5ee3bb3d4.png

i'd say Free Arnold, but he is a cat, and cats are masters of their own destinies.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, meee said:

Steve looks odd in that picture of him and Benji, like he's lost a lot of weight or something. I don't think he looks especially well.

And Anna Marie really looks like she's in her element in the farm picture. 

It's funny how we all see things differently.  I thought Steve looked the best I've seen him look in the last couple of months in these pictures.  He's got a little color in his face now after looking so pale previously.  He just didn't look healthy to me me before the heart procedure.  He might be a little thinner from his new diet.

As for Anna Marie, I totally agree!   If i was visiting the farmstead I'd be following her around assuming she worked there and was giving tours to that group of kids.

• Upvote 5

Oh Pickles you Cheeky Bastard. That belly is begging to be petted but the minute I would, you would attack my hand. I love cats but they are rotten.

DB3CC62D-AC54-4DCD-A5F3-B3EE6A92C51B.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

How on earth do the "girls" run in skirts this long?

IMG_1489.jpg

I honestly don't care how awkward it is to run in calf-length skirts. However, I am worried about how easily the little girls' clothing could get caught in their bike wheels or chains with rather nasty consequences. If they must wear dresses, why not ones like the OfNathans, shorter with yoga pants underneath for modesty.

4 hours ago, catlady said:

i'd say Free Arnold, but he is a cat, and cats are masters of their own destinies.

That's right. He CHOSE to come live in Maxhell.

• Upvote 12

Today's post--oh where to start!

"When will Baby Maxwell vote to come?" Probably when he's 18 and can vote....

"Abby made a treat for Anna who was studying hard for some tests."  Test? Was this sneaked in for us? Tests? Like "how to properly load a dishwasher in the allotted 2.73 minutes on Mom's schedule?

Parse this: "Joshua hurt his nose while playing outside and ended up with a nosebleed. Anna’s quick thinking kept it at bay" So he DIDN'T actually have a nosebleed since dear Anna kept it at bay??

"This past week, we girls were able to take some time off work and enjoy a shopping trip out. And coffee." Do you all normally shop IN?? Sit around the old Amazon home page and click on stuff or what? And coffee--so was that also "out"?  That's about a D- in terms of what some would call "writing"

Oiling garage door hinges. My god the lengths these people will go to to be BORING!

Imagine! A way to turn a passenger van into a cargo van! Revolutionary!

Lydia doesn't look thrilled with her new frumper--or whatever it is. Probably wanted Legos or a better Scooter.

I somehow missed that Christo lived RIGHT NEXT DOOR. Ugh.

Edited by IReallyAmHopewell
typo
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Today's post--oh where to start!

"Abby made a treat for Anna who was studying hard for some tests."  Test? Was this sneaked in for us? Tests? Like "how to properly load a dishwasher in the allotted 2.73 minutes on Mom's schedule?

I know!  Sarah writes one sort of interesting thing in that whole post and then leaves us hanging.  Anna is studying for what??  Is she taking some IT online classes?  Something else?  What?  What? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

John is definitely enjoying a healthy, tasty diet with his wife. After growing up in Maxhell, I give him a pass on gaining weight. He is like a kid in a candy store right now and a respectful amount of good food is his prize.

And, speaking of food, I'm wondering how they dealt with all that actual food on the table when they had "dinner with friends". I'm not sure any of them (sans Steve & Teri) have ever seen that much food in one meal in their lives. Not food that they can touch and eat!

If the adults want to wear nothing but long skirts, who cares; their lives, their choice. But I find it careless to have those little girls in long skirts on bikes. As a grown adult, I won't even ride my bike while wearing anything other than shorts or leggings - even my shoelaces get tucked in. Anything loose can get caught in chains at any time and boom, down you go. 

I do think the picture of Ruthie & Lydia running with Danny on his bike is cute. And I choose to believe their is true sentiment behind it and they wanted to help him and weren't sent off to make a nice picture for the blog. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, freejugar said:

At this point Sarah, should just write a script that automatically makes posts for her, since the Maxwells claim to be great at IT.

Title: Random life from %noun to %noun

We've been having such %adjective_season weather! Lots of %noun_season.

This past month has been busy with %chore and looking forward to %newest_maxwell_addition

%insert nephews and nieces photos

%caption "these two" "this crew"

%insert Ellie and Arnold pic

%random bible verse completely unrelated 

Love Sarah!

Let's not forget those classic Maxwell hits:

"Thanks [sibling or SIL] for this capture!" 

"We girls went to the coffee shop for some sweet sister time together!"

"Check out [niece or nephew}! Look at how [child] does [completely normal thing, but with relentlessly gendered implications]!

Bonus round:

* Totally average errands described in breathless detail, and with an oddly intense preamble describing how they "found time" to do whatever it was together, despite being "busy".

* Documentation and commentary on extremely typical activities that are described as "unique" or "first time" events in Maxwellsvania. This includes such exciting adventures as "That Time The Adult Children Ate Dinner Together Outside Of The House With Their Grandmother", and "That Time Anna Decided To Organize Things On Saturdays".

* Possibly a defunct feature now that Steve's watching his food habits, but "Shitty Recipe Round-Up" has been a staple of the brand for years.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 4

Is the "out" use a Kansas thing?  Because otherwise it is just awkward and grammatically nonsensical.

Trees budding out.

Shipping books out.

Girls shopping out.

• Upvote 2

"Trees budding out.

Shipping books out.

Girls shopping out"

I am from Wisconsin.  I have said the trees one before. I think the girls shopping out is just their weird way of saying things, Maxwellese :) 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, daisyjane1234 said:

Is the "out" use a Kansas thing?  Because otherwise it is just awkward and grammatically nonsensical.

Trees budding out.

Shipping books out.

Girls shopping out.

Not Kansas!

1 hour ago, Divemaster01 said:

"Trees budding out.

Shipping books out.

Girls shopping out"

I am from Wisconsin.  I have said the trees one before. I think the girls shopping out is just their weird way of saying things, Maxwellese :) 

That last makes me think of “Maxweaselese” to denote their promises not kept — but weasels don’t deserve the negative rap associated with the Maxwell way.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Don't forget Sarah's constant writing as math equation, like "sister + brother = incest".

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

J says:

April 23, 2019 at 7:14 am

I’m going to guess May 12th for Baby Maxwell’s arrival!

Glad to see Steve doing well.

Always love seeing cute photo’s of the little’s.

Now, you know we are all curious as to what Anna is studying for, right?

Blessings from Texas!

Sarah Maxwell says:

April 23, 2019 at 9:34 am

Good guess! Thanks for your comment. Hmmm. Maybe we should do a separate post on what Anna studied for!

This is gonna be like the pizza cutter post, she will never tell us wtf Anna studied for.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, freejugar said:

This is gonna be like the pizza cutter post, she will never tell us wtf Anna studied for.

It's probably just as easy to guess. She is Nathan's help desk. She studied to be certified in IT language, connectivity, design....whatever it is Nathan needs. She's been the techy one for longer than Mary has been the creative. 

Edited to add: They upgraded their CCI website & I see no mention of Annie. 

Edit again: She, Nathan and some other guy are pictured on the Facebook page.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

It's probably just as easy to guess. She is Nathan's help desk. She studied to be certified in IT language, connectivity, design....whatever it is Nathan needs. She's been the techy one for longer than Mary has been the creative. 

What FB page?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Not Kansas!

That last makes me think of “Maxweaselese” to denote their promises not kept — but weasels don’t deserve the negative rap associated with the Maxwell way.  

I don't want to diss weasels either, but "Maxweaselese" is the best thing I've read all day!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

Sarah said they recently had a "Mulch Party":

Sarah Maxwell says:

April 23, 2019 at 9:32 am

Thanks! You should have seen last night at the mulch party all the kids chasing the goat. Pretty funny!

I can't even imagine how much fun a Scheduled Maxwell Mulch Party must be.  Although having a baby goat attend does make everything better.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

Does Pickles and the goat know where they are going when they die?  Can't wait for the mulching party post.  I just want to cut off Goofy Anna's side ponytail.  They really are trying to find a help meet for Forgotten Jesse, he is playing with the kids again.  Abby looks like she is over it.  Smug Joe and family are AWOL again.  This convinces me he doesn't want them on the blog unless necessary.  Coward Steve does look healthier.  

• Upvote 4

On 4/23/2019 at 7:12 PM, fundiefan said:

Very true, but Stevie likes playing games and probably gets Poor Sarah to write cryptic things like when ExStud John went on a mission trip to a mystery location just to read here and gets off on our guessing.

Let's hope that Chris visited that part of the compound when the ‘friends’ visited - it would be an X rated movie for him with that massive frumper!

389FD724-831D-46D2-8EBD-401D5318A2F9.jpeg

Edited by johnhugh
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

This past week, we girls were able to take some time off work and enjoy a shopping trip out. And coffee.

Oh Sarah. Last week Anna, Mary and I went shopping and got coffee. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Very true, but Stevie likes playing games and probably gets Poor Sarah to write cryptic things like when ExStud John went on a mission trip to a mystery location just to read here and gets off on our guessing.

Let's hope that Chris visited that part of the compound when the ‘friends’ visited - it would be an X rated movie for him with that massive frumper!

389FD724-831D-46D2-8EBD-401D5318A2F9.jpeg

That is frumperific.

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic