IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, Rosie said:

The teacher should have assigned one of you Marie as a middle name.  Done and done.

Oddly enough, none of us had the middle name Marie! Although many of my friends had that middle name. 

In that same class, there were three Matthews and they all went by Matt! It was a confusing class to say the least. 

In a kindy class at my son’s school, there are 3 Luke’s and two Lucy’s. Luckily my son is the only one in his grade with his name. 

• Upvote 3

Speaking of names repeated over generations: There’s a successful chef in St. Louis who is a IV. As a result, his family nickname was I - V and to this day he is famous as Chef Ivy

Poor Sarah’s prose is so tortured, but it’s difficult for me to snark. Cannot imagine having to write for over a decade about the same things, places, people, schedules, (narrow) ideas. Mm-mm-mm.

• Upvote 6

@MamaJunebug, Sarah’s stilted writing is the fault of Stevehovah, who famously said, “My children don’t read—they write.” My retort:  You cannot become a good writer without first reading deeply and widely. When you do, you absorb not only ideas but patterns of expression, sentence flow, and so on.

Stevehovah has stolen the joy of reading from his family, and it’s reprehensible.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 12

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Speaking of names repeated over generations: There’s a successful chef in St. Louis who is a IV. As a result, his family nickname was I - V and to this day he is famous as Chef Ivy

Poor Sarah’s prose is so tortured, but it’s difficult for me to snark. Cannot imagine having to write for over a decade about the same things, places, people, schedules, (narrow) ideas. Mm-mm-mm.

I much prefer the nickname Ivy for the fourth than “Kade.” I’m still rolling my eyes at that one. If you like the name Kade just call him Kade! Don’t make up a nickname and pretend it has anything to do with him being the fourth. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

That's a good point, but she always seem to go out of her way to leave out the more interesting things.

Like in today's Mother's Day recap, Jesse's on a trip, but nothing about where or why.  Mary and Anna's mission trip.  Where?  What sort of mission work did they do?  John's mission trip a few years ago, same thing, although they did post a few pictures after he came home.

They show pictures of Mary and Anna running a bible class, but nothing about how it came to be.  Who are the students?

Instead Sarah posts the most dreary, mundane things she can find. 

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m Sarah’s age with more than one state university degree, a home of my own, a good marriage, and two kids (one that attends evil public school). I am very glad I wasn’t raised like Sarah. Look where it got her. 

I'm Sarah's age (i think) and I have most of a degree, an associate's degree, not married, a house, no kids, but I've been on every continent except Antarctica, I can wake up and think "I don't want to do x" and that's my choice, and so are the consequences! I can wear a puffy vest, or I can wear a cocktail dress. I'm able to have sex with anyone I choose as long as they also want to have sex with me. I can put YouTube on for my cat (seriously, they have channels for your cat now, and he's into it!) without asking my parents for permission. I can read books and listen to music and I live 4,000 miles away from my mom. 

She probably thinks my life is awful but at least I'm not pining away for a husband and child. I can have all the sex I want and the only butt i have to wipe is my own. 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oddly enough, none of us had the middle name Marie! Although many of my friends had that middle name. 

In that same class, there were three Matthews and they all went by Matt! It was a confusing class to say the least. 

In a kindy class at my son’s school, there are 3 Luke’s and two Lucy’s. Luckily my son is the only one in his grade with his name. 

I had a class where there were two Emily D's and two Emily F's. The teacher just used their entire name when needed. 

• Upvote 14

37 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I can have all the sex I want and the only butt i have to wipe is my own. 

Someone needs to stitch this on a sampler!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

My dad was the only boy born in his generation. Several members of the family were pushing for him to be named Lazarus or Obadiah, traditional names in his family that hadn’t been used in my grandparents generation and they didn’t want them to die out. My dad’s uncle died a day before he was born and he was named after him. Luckily this uncle had married into the family, and while he had a traditional name, it was way less Lazarus or Obadiah.

My mom always said she wouldn’t have married my father had he been named Lazarus or Obadiah. Can’t say I blame her!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

You are not kidding...

We had kids on scooters, kids on foot, kids in stroller, and Baby in womb! Such sweet times!

Are we sure the Maxwell's aren't aliens desperately trying to figure out how to pass as people? That's the only way they make sense in my mind.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'm Sarah's age (i think) and I have most of a degree, an associate's degree, not married, a house, no kids, but I've been on every continent except Antarctica, I can wake up and think "I don't want to do x" and that's my choice, and so are the consequences! I can wear a puffy vest, or I can wear a cocktail dress. I'm able to have sex with anyone I choose as long as they also want to have sex with me. I can put YouTube on for my cat (seriously, they have channels for your cat now, and he's into it!) without asking my parents for permission. I can read books and listen to music and I live 4,000 miles away from my mom. 

She probably thinks my life is awful but at least I'm not pining away for a husband and child. I can have all the sex I want and the only butt i have to wipe is my own. 

Sounds like a great life to me! 

Thing is, those girls don't have a choice and they won't even be get to be mothers and wives because Steve won't let them. They're pretty much prisoners with Stockholm Syndrome.

Having freedom is the most important thing in life and they don't have it... It's really sad.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I’m Sarah’s age with a degree and going back for another one. No kids yet, engaged and living together (gay), I see my parents and siblings together when there’s a holiday or a death. I go have dinner or drinks with parents or siblings when we have time. I go on non-scheduled walks, take my dog out when it’s time, call and talk to whom ever whenever. I can sleep in or get up early, my call. 

It’s so sad to see these kids with no freedom, even to just go for a drive with music to clear their heads or do some thinking alone. Until one of the guys sells flips their house or rents it out and moves away I’ll then believe they are rethinking Steve’s beliefs. 

That Mother’s Day post was insulting. You can be Godly parents without going to church every week, having mandatory bible time, and not homeschooling. Good works and being a good person is godly enough for me imo. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

You are not kidding...

Are we sure the Maxwell's aren't aliens desperately trying to figure out how to pass as people? That's the only way they make sense in my mind.

(In a flat monotone) “Tell them we’re from France.” /Coneheads

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

16 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Someone needs to stitch this on a sampler!

That would definitely qualify as an Alice Rooseveltism (see Deborah baby watch thread)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Another thing that bothers me about that Mother's Day post is the picture at the top.

Teri and Steve are pictured (can't leave Steve out even on Mother's Day), but poor GiGi is cut in half.  GiGi.  Teri's mother.  Barely in the picture.  On Mother's Day.

And do you have to throw GiGi further under the bus, Sarah, by saying you are 2nd generation Christians?  So, what, GiGi and your grandad worshiped Satan or something while Teri and her sister were growing up?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

@MamaJunebug.  I think I've seen Chef Ivy on some TV program, but I'll be damned if I can remember where at the moment.  Is he black?

Checked google.  Nope, not black.  I must be thinking of another chef named Ivy who is black.  

Edited by PennySycamore

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@MamaJunebug.  I think I've seen Chef Ivy on some TV program, but I'll be damned if I can remember where at the moment.  Is he black?

Checked google.  Nope, not black.  I must be thinking of another chef named Ivy who is black.  

TV? No doubt. Yes, he’s at our Art Museum now. TO.-DIE.-FOR.  FOOD. 

https://www.stlmag.com/dining/hot-seat%3A-panorama's-ivy-magruder/

7 hours ago, kpmom said:

Another thing that bothers me about that Mother's Day post is the picture at the top.

Teri and Steve are pictured (can't leave Steve out even on Mother's Day), but poor GiGi is cut in half.  GiGi.  Teri's mother.  Barely in the picture.  On Mother's Day.

And do you have to throw GiGi further under the bus, Sarah, by saying you are 2nd generation Christians?  So, what, GiGi and your grandad worshiped Satan or something while Teri and her sister were growing up?

Free Gigi!  Of course she & Teri’s dad we’re hopelessly lost. They allowed at keast one of their daughters to pursue a college education upon graduation from (SHOCK!) public high school! 

No surprise that Steve won’t permit a daughter to marry: he knows full well that he could lose the child, just as Teri’s father effectively lost her to Dteve’s twisted worldview. 

Or maybe Steve guiltily fears that the same behavior will be inflicted on him, as he inflicted on his own father-in-law. 

Scum. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Only the Maxwells could make a post out of filling a dumpster.

Dear God, send these people a life.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 5/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, Hane said:

(In a flat monotone) “Tell them we’re from France.” /Coneheads

The cone removal was Steve's other reversal.  (The one they don't talk about.)

• Haha 14

Poor Sarah just dialed it in with that post.  No details whatsoever and

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic