IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

Just now, lilith said:

Only for 15 minutes and only if it’s on the schedule.

"15 minutes?" I think you are flattering Steve.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

What's with the stock photo?? Why not have John & Chels pose for it.

I thought it WAS Chelsy at first glance and wondered what the hell had happened to John.

1 minute ago, VVV said:

"15 minutes?" I think you are flattering Steve.

Well that has to include the back rub (shudder). 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, johnhugh said:

looking at the Table of Contents, Chapter 9 ‘Dripping’ sounds a bit X rated.

I signed into FJ just to see if anyone noticed Chapter 9.  How did no one in their circle of family or friends tell them to get rid of that title???  That title is hilarious.  LOL  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

On 4/8/2019 at 4:05 PM, Leftitinmysnood said:

Aw, I was just going to suggest "You can leave your vest on, but you can never leave."

Now I’ve got Hotel California by the eagles stuck in my head and am terrified because with just the right amount of tweaking and wine those lyrics become very Maxhell-esque.

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, theologygeek said:

I signed into FJ just to see if anyone noticed Chapter 9.  How did no one in their circle of family or friends tell them to get rid of that title???  That title is hilarious.  LOL  

I have been trying to think what this could POSSIBLY mean in marriage.  Surely there was some other word to describe whatever that chapter is about?  Any guesses?

13 hours ago, Nutmeg&Vanilla said:

In the sample, Teri suggests that if you can't have your bible time in the morning, maybe you can do it in the afternoon when children are napping. Later. she goes on to say that if you can't get enough nightly sleep, you should nap in the afternoon. If you can't exercise with your husband, maybe you can do a cardio session at home alone at a consistent time. 

She doesn't suggest a particular time, but in my experience with small children, the time you might have alone as a young stay at home mom during the day is in the...afternoon.  Unless, of course, you arrange something with your spouse, but I think you're not supposed to tell him what you need. 

Where can I get some of this magical afternoon time where I can sleep, read, and crosstrain?

The wife is also expected to keep the house clean and also make a good dinner, right?  

Look, I work full time and my kids aren’t even home during the day between preschool and regular school.  Maybe it’s us, but 1) my house looks like a daycare center anyway 2) I can sweep the floor and vacuum and within 10 minutes someone has spilled something or walked in with dirt or colored or cut paper or... 

Wait, wait!!!  That’s because my kids have fun.  Forgot about that. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Maybe it’s a “bitch eating crackers” moment, but her line about every family starting with a husband and wife is annoying to me. No, not every family has a married, heterosexual couple at the center. I get that it’s their ideal, but it's so narrow minded. 

Of course, why would I expect anything else from them?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 10

Pretty sure the "dripping" is in reference to the verses in Proverbs that refer to a contrary wife as being like continuous dripping on a rainy day.  DPIART was fond of those verses when speaking about how wives should be submissive to their husbands.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Pretty sure the "dripping" is in reference to the verses in Proverbs that refer to a contrary wife as being like continuous dripping on a rainy day.  DPIART was fond of those verses when speaking about how wives should be submissive to their husbands.  

Again, confirmed in church but clearly a big mistake... I learn more about the Bible on FJ than I ever did as a youth.  Praise Rufus. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, LaughingDonuts said:

Maybe it’s a “bitch eating crackers” moment, but her line about every family starting with a husband and wife is annoying to me. No, not every family has a married, heterosexual couple at the center. I get that it’s their ideal, but it's so narrow minded. 

Of course, why would I expect anything else from them?

There are so many families that don’t have a husband and wife. And it’s not just gay couples we are talking about. There are multigenerational families. Grandma, mom, and grandkids all living in one home with the mom and grandma as the providers. Or a single dad. Or a single mom. Of course I think having two adults in the home can be helpful due to finances and home duties but I really think it doesn’t have to be one husband and one wife. It can be many different combinations of people who love and care for one another. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 8

If you purchase three or more copies (that’s just one copy for yourself and gifting two friends!)

I really enjoyed that she felt the need to explain what to do with multiple copies of the book.  So derpy.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 11

Just when you think.....

that nothing could be worse than Sarah writing about what some call "writing" here comes Teri with a sex book. Because what else is a wife for?? True, before she has a Kindergartner (girl) she has to do all the housework, cooking, baby care it, and produce a new arrow for her man's quiver every 9--18 months, but other than that her role is to be the man's ho and no much else. 

Flashing on Teri in a sexy gown with a shade shirt under it for modesty.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I really enjoyed that she felt the need to explain what to do with multiple copies of the book.  So derpy.

That's right up there with their blurb on the ScheduleBreeze page,  "ScheduleBreeze is only $15.00 a year, which divides out to $1.25 a month." 

Where would we be without the Maxwells and their mad math skills to explain it all for us? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

On 4/8/2019 at 4:53 PM, Candydandy said:

New chapter  The family that makes burritos together, stays together.

Satisfying Myself with My Husband's Burrito would have been a good chapter title!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 24
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Satisfying Myself with My Husband's Burrito would have been a good chapter title!

Meatless burrito, no less!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

:bow-blue:

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Modest really is hottest," doesn't it.

Would that be a taco-sized tortilla or a full burrito-sized one? LOL

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I don't know...Steve likes to talk about his nuts more than his burrito...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

On 4/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, Nutmeg&Vanilla said:

Where can I get some of this magical afternoon time where I can sleep, read, and crosstrain?

It helps if you shut up your children in their bedrooms for enforced afternoon quiet time :pb_sad:

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

It helps if you shut up your children in their bedrooms for enforced afternoon quiet time :pb_sad:

She was shutting them in their room with workbooks all day til Steve got home from work at one point when her depression was really bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, lilith said:

She was shutting them in their room with workbooks all day til Steve got home from work at one point when her depression was really bad.

And somehow that was supposed to be better than putting them in public school.

• Upvote 15
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5

17 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'm sure it more like taquito sized, rolled up and not really satisfying. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

"Steve, my husband of 44 years, asked me to write My Delight: Loving My Husband. He said it was a message he felt the Lord had been working in my life over the course of our marriage that other wives would be blessed to know."

really means...

"Dear, wouldn't it be great if you wrote a book about how Jesus helped you eventually realize how flawlessly and manfully delightful I am despite your deep and crushing personal faults?" --Steve Maxwell at some point in the last year.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, 2AnimalCrackers said:

I'm sure it more like taquito sized, rolled up and not really satisfying. 

Which is why you need at least six of them

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Coming up  with  Steve s new diet is  taking up a lot  of  time. They  have to  pray through the food  options, google recipes, hold a family  meeting,  shop  for  the  new recipe, hold a special  dinner with it, pray afterwards, hold  another  meeting to  see if dad  could  taste  the  lack of  meat or  not, and so on  until they  come up  with  the  entire meal plan. They must  pray  about it even  more after its  chosen . Then  they  have to  buy the groceries in bulk, spend an entire  weekend making  one  meal, make a shopping list, and add  everything to the schedule.  The same thing for the new  workout plan. We  won't see  another  post  for  about a month!

Edited by freejugar
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic