IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

This is proof that we'll never run out of material for funny thread titles.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

I don't know what is more vomit-inducing: the concept of this book - when it's obvious that nothing, except maybe Pepsi, is Teri's delight - the dew-eyed verbal patriarchal BS this is likely to be, the thought that we might get to hear about sexy-times with Steve, or the fact that they made Sarah edit this thing. 

mydelight-2.png

Edited by Captain Obvious
blowing chunks
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Dollars to donuts it's just a longer, dragged-out version of the talk she gave with the same title (Loving Our Husbands) over a decade ago.

They never have an original thought in their underused, atrophied brains.

ETA: And the first recommend quote is...Michelle Duggar, of course.

RAGING HYPOCRITES.  

Edited by danvillebelle
more
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 1

What's with the stock photo?? Why not have John & Chels pose for it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Aw, I was just going to suggest "You can leave your vest on, but you can never leave."

Added to the list.  :)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

That book cover is just weird. Weird. That stock photo is so worldly.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

That book cover is just weird. Weird. That stock photo is so worldly.

Yeah. You can't even see the couple's lower limbs, so the lady could be wearing *gasp* pants! :faint:

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Yeah. You can't even see the couple's lower limbs, so the lady could be wearing *gasp* pants! :faint:

I am positive she only wearing ONE SHIRT. Oh. My. The Scandal.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

What happens when the dictator  l oving father and husband dies.  He tells all of them what to think, what do to, how to dress, how to act, when to go to the bathroom, how to shower/bathe, everything they do.  Will they all stand around spinning in a circle after the funeral going "what do I do? what do I do?"  If Sarah still isn't married, will she have to go under the control of her oldest brother (puke just thinking about an adult woman having to cow down to her brother).  Will the oldest brother have to care for any underage children along with his eleventy thousand own kids?

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I don't know what is more vomit-inducing: the concept of this book - when it's obvious that nothing, except maybe Pepsi, is Teri's delight - the dew-eyed verbal patriarchal BS this is likely to be, the thought that we might get to hear about sexy-times with Steve, or the fact that they made Sarah edit this thing. 

Tut tut. Off to the prayer closet Captain O. Teri has stated in the Preface on the Tits2 products page:

“This book also does not address physical intimacy. Many other books address that topic, and we wanted to keep this to be one that didn’t need to be hidden away from children.”

looking at the Table of Contents, Chapter 9 ‘Dripping’ sounds a bit X rated.

Will Pizza Gate be included?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

Tut tut. Off to the prayer closet Captain O. Teri has stated in the Preface on the Tits2 products page:

“This book also does not address physical intimacy. Many other books address that topic, and we wanted to keep this to be one that didn’t need to be hidden away from children.”

The Original PizzaGate likely has its own chapter!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Per the product listing for My Delight; Loving My Husband Well, the chapters for this groundbreaking book are:

1.  Delighting in My Husband (AKA:  And the Oscar Goes to.... Me!)

2.  Making a Sanctuary (AKA:  The Thrice Weekly Cleaning of Fan Blades, Window Panes, Cupboards, Baseboards, Ceilings, and Anything Else That Normal People Clean Monthly)

3,  Nurturing Yourself for Him  (AKA:  Living Without Pepsi)

4.  Loving Him  (AKA:  The Symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome)

5.  Praying for Him  (AKA:  Why God, WHY?!)

6.  Building Him Up  (AKA:  A Lie is not a Lie if it Boosts his Ego and Other Tall Tales You Need to Believe)

7. Following  (AKA:  The Pied Piper of Hamelin )

8.  Hindering  (AKA:  Never Remind Your Husband to Order the Pizza or Tell Him to do Anything)

9.  Dripping  (AKA:  No More Tears Left to Cry)

10.  Responding (AKA:  Do Not Speak Unless Spoken to First and Then Only with a Meek and Quiet Spirit)

11.  Laying Aside  (AKA:  Just Close Your Eyes, it Will be Over in 30 Seconds)

12.  Investing  (AKA:  All Work and No Play Makes You Richly Miserable)

Afterword:  Plan of Salvation (AKA:  Death is Scary as Hell!) 

Edited by punkiepie
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 11

Chapter 13:  The Importance of Sharing A Single Pair of Earbuds

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

mydelight-2.png

My Delight?? What kind of Title is that? What is the husband? A food that she can't get enough of? I mean I have guy friends, and maybe I would date them if that did happen. Most of the time, they annoy me to no end and they are NOTHING that I delight. I delight in their dark and twisted humor, integrity, wisdom, sincerity, love, and much more..... I delight that they are human and prone to mess up but they take responsibility for it (90% of the time). Why does the chick look like she's gonna swallow his face and lips?

47 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

AHAHAHAHA. I was reading this while eating a banana. Almost choked on it from laughing so hard.

• Upvote 6

When do we get the loving my wife book? We need the Chapters about encouraging a wife to have more children when she obviously does not enjoy being a mother, keeping your deeply depressed wife untreated and taking away her Pepsi, which is the only thing that makes her happy, putting your wife and kids on so tight a schedule they are afraid to deviate from lest the roof cave in and   Training your college-educated wife on how to homeschool your kids so it appears none of them made it out of the first semester seventh grade. 

I am really over lets build up the husband and put him on a pedestal while the wife is treated like secondhand trash. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

The sample is from chapter 3. Basically, the ways to nurture yourself are spiritually (of course this is first), through sleep, through exercise and through nutrition (although the sample stops partway through the exercise bit). Apparently one of the best ways to exercise is with your man, and (actual phrasing here) “walking avails itself nicely to this”. What kind of awkward formal phrasing is that?? Apparently Chris/NR Anna and Joseph/Elissa walk together frequently (not mentioned by names but it’s easy to work out who they are). No mention of the other couples. 

Also: such hubris with that “we believe My Delight has the potential to change marriages around the world” statement. Dream on, Teri. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

From the product info:  Order three copies, and save 10% (one for yourself and two for friends),

I wouldn't give this drivel to my worst enemy, much less my friends.  It would only be good for lining a bird cage.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

New chapter  The family that makes burritos together, stays together.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

In the sample, Teri suggests that if you can't have your bible time in the morning, maybe you can do it in the afternoon when children are napping. Later. she goes on to say that if you can't get enough nightly sleep, you should nap in the afternoon. If you can't exercise with your husband, maybe you can do a cardio session at home alone at a consistent time. 

She doesn't suggest a particular time, but in my experience with small children, the time you might have alone as a young stay at home mom during the day is in the...afternoon.  Unless, of course, you arrange something with your spouse, but I think you're not supposed to tell him what you need. 

Where can I get some of this magical afternoon time where I can sleep, read, and crosstrain?

• Upvote 20

Awful cover. 

Another bound, random grouping of bible verses to support being a mindless idiot and giving all control in life to your husband.

Changing marriages around the world? Um, I sincerely doubt that, but, ok. If it makes you feel better, ramble on, Terri; we know you don't have much actual joy so if you have to manufacture it to surivive, who is anyone to try and stop you?

And again with the name dropping; first names for all "reviews", except the one at the top from Michelle Duggar. 

Not the best choice of coattails to ride, but, again, whatever you gotta' do, I guess.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic