IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

It's interesting that despite the move a lot of these families have made away from skirts-only, there is still such adherence to skirts at the conference. The pictures of all those little girls unnecessarily in leggings and skirts when they could just be in comfy pants or jeans just makes me sad.

It's crazy how differently people carry pregnancies. Now realizing it is Anna up there on the stage in between Abbie and Jana, but I didn't recognize her before. The difference between Kendra, Joy, and Anna is pretty crazy when you know they're all due so close together.

I'm always at least a little glad when the little kids get a real chance to play with others and make friends outside the family, but it is so disappointing to see the second gen participating so heavily here and the large attendance.

I don't think it's just scheduling issues that prevent the Vuolos or Dillards from attending. Even if they still largely agree with a lot of the things preached, Big Sandy doesn't really comport with their images now.

• Upvote 14

I can’t see pretentious Jeremy hanging out a Big Sandy. Too bad, since this would be a chance for Jinger and the baby to see the family.

Since the Dillards are no longer on the show and DD was in school and prepping for finals, I can see why they wouldn’t be at Big Sandy.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8

22 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I had a Jim Boob dream again. He was just staring me. Smiling. With his unsettling expression.

Imagine this, but eyes dead on looking at yours. For a long, long time.

jim-bob-duggar.jpg?maxX=600

Hm, he's got some santorum on his lapel, there...

• Haha 14

I saw that house on the DuggarSnark reddit a few days ago-- it feels very cobbled together, like there are a lot of different elements that just don't fit with each other. The bathroom with the black panels and flowery wallpaper is absolutely garish and I don't know WTF it is doing in the same house as that white-on-white modern and airy kitchen. The original ceilings are very cool but I feel like the Duggars did not know how to tie the whole house together with them. 

Seriously, that bathroom looks like something out of the Goth manor on the Sims 1 or 2 games that I played when I was a kid.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Isn't this the huge dilapidated house that Jessa and Jill toured when one of them was supposedly looking at houses in an episode?

Also, I was doing some googling and came across this...
https://www.pinterest.com/duggardad/baylor-mansion-ideas/
I know nothing about pinterest, but found the "DuggarDad" and "Baylor Mansion" connection odd.

• Upvote 4

Rufus help us all, because that Pinterest account has the name "James Duggar" associated with it and has a whole board called "Home Addition Ideas." Is it time for an even bigger version of the TTH?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 1

That black bathroom is awful. I love the staircase and fireplaces and ceilings though. Basically all the parts the Duggar’s didn’t change ? And what on earth is with four kitchens and NINE bathrooms for a house with only four bedrooms?? I’d expect a mansion of that size to have at least 5 or 6 bathrooms and who needs more than 2 kitchens?

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Isn't this the huge dilapidated house that Jessa and Jill toured when one of them was supposedly looking at houses in an episode?

Also, I was doing some googling and came across this...
https://www.pinterest.com/duggardad/baylor-mansion-ideas/
I know nothing about pinterest, but found the "DuggarDad" and "Baylor Mansion" connection odd.

I thought this was the house where Josiah and Lauren lived for a bit after they got married. This thing is massive and such an odd use of space ("only" four bedrooms, but nine bathrooms? four kitchens? a gun storage room?). 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

It looks like the bathroom they show in the pictures has no toilet in there.

I am never completely sure what they call full and half bathrooms in the US but it could be that they have an ensuite-without-toilet and a seperate toilet per bathroom. Since they say 5 bathrooms and 4 half bathrooms, that would make sense. Although the other way around would be even more logical.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I am never completely sure what they call full and half bathrooms in the US

Half-baths have a toilet and a sink and usually  (not always) cabinets/cupboards either above the toilet or under the sink. A shower stall but no tub used to be called a 3/4 bath.

I'm wondering what qualifies as a kitchen to them. A friend had a house with an added-on large den, and the den had a small counter/cabinets, a sink and a small refrigerator. She called it a 2nd kitchen but I would not call it that.

So what does a kitchen need in order to rightfully be called a 'kitchen?' Because of the fortress nature of the lower floor in that Duggar flip house I can see having 2 full kitchens, but I'd be surprised if the other 2 kitchens in that house are full-fledged, but they may be, weird things and all.

• Upvote 2

The 2nd kitchen from your friend I would call a butlers pantry.

• Upvote 2

The house is only valuable if the land is in a good geographic region. Who would spend ~$2 million on a property in Springdale Arkansas?

What was the profit they made from selling the mansion the Dillards lived in???

Edited by luv2laugh

On 5/9/2019 at 10:20 PM, Antipatriarch said:

Hm, he's got some santorum on his lapel, there...

I'm not understanding the reference, I assume!

18 hours ago, Smee said:

I’d expect a mansion of that size to have at least 5 or 6 bathrooms and who needs more than 2 kitchens?

One bedroom for sweet fellowship and creating more blessings, a boys dorm room, a girl's dorm room, and a room for Aunt Jana to live in as the one who runs the house after a laundry room breakdown.

• Upvote 6

If you look at the realtor.com article linked from the People article, it’s definitely the house that Josiah and Lauren toured with Jim Bob, who said they could live there temporarily. Did we ever confirm that they moved in? I’m glad to finally know what it was; it was so weird that I tried and failed to find it online. 

That’s a lot of house for $1.8 million. Maybe I’ll retire to Arkansas. The Today Show’s article says that just the rock work cost a million dollars when the house was built in 1969. I wish I could find out more about who built it.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
ETA second paragraph
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

If you look at the realtor.com article linked from the People article, it’s definitely the house that Josiah and Lauren toured with Jim Bob, who said they could live there temporarily. Did we ever confirm that they moved in? I’m glad to finally know what it was; it was so weird that I tried and failed to find it online. 

i believe they said it wasn't ready in time so they moved into another house but I think Lauren liked the new house better because it wasn't as big. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I thought this was the house where Josiah and Lauren lived for a bit after they got married. This thing is massive and such an odd use of space ("only" four bedrooms, but nine bathrooms? four kitchens? a gun storage room?). 

Yep, same house!  I think they must've filled in the pool that was in it when Jessa/Jill toured it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Yep, same house!  I think they must've filled in the pool that was in it when Jessa/Jill toured it.

I don’t think so. Jill and Jessa said the house had belonged to their science tutor/laundry angel “Grandma” Bennett.  It looked like it was an ordinary size, and I can’t imagine that she was secretly wealthy and living in a mansion. I thought it was tacky of them to point out it was her house on camera since it was in such bad shape. The timeline would fit, though, as both girls got married around the time their parents bought the house. I can’t find the relevant episode.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Can’t seem to get it right the first time tonight
  • Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic