IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

On 8/7/2019 at 5:07 AM, SassyPants said:

Truly, I think  JB and M lost that individual, personal  contact  and relationship about 20+ years, around the time of the laundry fairy incident. While they  might really know Josh, Jana, JD, Jill and Jessa, the rest are likely just a blur of J faces. They will never know their GKs, which is a shame.

This mindset undermines how much you can learn about someone just by being roommates.  Even work-proximity associates end up knowing a lot about each other.  I had a good personal relationships with my 30+ students, and I didn't see them at meal times, or share a bathroom with them.  Their claim that they get more time with their kids because they home school is obviously bullshit- you can't divide a 24 hour day by 19 kids and come up with a reasonable number.  But when you spread it over months and years they probably get plenty of quantity time.  The quality is what's missing. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 8/5/2019 at 12:46 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

But she said to me last week when she didn't complain about her name that it has grown on her and she actually kind of likes it.

This eventually happened to me also.

• Upvote 3

Jedidiah was on a podcast about how to make a difference for conservative values in your community. Anyone not laid low by conservative tomfoolery fatigue willing to listen?

The podcast is run by the Freedomists, the same group of jingoist boys with Macklemore hair that Jason(?) and Austin plugged a while back. I guess a number of the howlers are involved with them.

(link to our previous discussion)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

14 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Jedidiah was on a podcast about how to make a difference for conservative values in your community. Anyone not laid low by conservative tomfoolery fatigue willing to listen?

The podcast is run by the Freedomists, the same group of jingoist boys with Macklemore hair that Jason(?) and Austin plugged a while back. I guess a number of the howlers are involved with them.

(link to our previous discussion)

I'm down to take one for the team. I'll start it now and post again hopefully in an hour or so.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 1

All Jed did was regurgitate a lot of content already on their website.  Although some of the advice was good (get involved young, start local), he lacks self-awareness and has a very black-and-white way of looking at things.  So basically, he's just like every other Duggarling who has opened their mouth publicly and spewed Boob's talking points.

Do any of these kids even realize they are invited because of their name and not because they bring value to a conversation?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
grammer 'n stuf
  • Upvote 24
  • Love 1

Rufus bless you and keep you and make his taxidermied head to shine down upon you, @NakedKnees. Jed sounds very vanilla. Interesting that he mentions working with Austin’s BIL, too.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

On 7/20/2019 at 3:01 PM, precious blessing said:

add me to the group that didn't know there was a Justin Duggar... I thought you guys were joking around. I googled him... he uhh... he seems like a GYM.

I think I might make up a J Duggar and just plant him in various threads. If we can get it spreading I’m pretty sure we can get a birthday post from Michelle next year. 

”Happy birthday J! You’re such a godly young man and a blessing to us all.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 29

11 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I think I might make up a J Duggar and just plant him in various threads. If we can get it spreading I’m pretty sure we can get a birthday post from Michelle next year. 

”Happy birthday J! You’re such a godly young man and a blessing to us all.”

It would probably be easier to pass it off as a grand child. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

It would probably be easier to pass it off as a grand child. 

That’s too easy. I want the challange. :wink-penguin:

• Haha 11

I’m making the prediction that the next courtship is going to be with Jedidiah. Between the podcast Joy talked about, being the conference director for that conference at Fort Rock, and now a post of being “so sweet” on the family Insta, he seems to be being featured a lot and seems to be the boy with the most potential for a courtship. Purely speculation of course, but it makes the most sense to me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I think the three oldest Howlers all have 'special friends'...it's just a question of which one goes first, which one marries Lauren Caldwell, and how long they drag it out to maximize the number of episodes.  One of them will announce before the new season starts, because they're almost tapped out on pregnancies.  

I was thinking Jer would be next, but they have been featuring Jed a lot lately...  

Anyone want to start a pool on which J Duggar is going to court next?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Bare minimum, I still lean pretty strongly that it will be someone other than Jana. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Jed. 

• I Agree 1

I don't know who is going to court next but I know that I'm going to cry when it's one of the Lost girls because that will mean not only is another young virgin being sacrificed to this cult but that I am O-L-D and I've seen someone be born on TV, grow up on TV, get married on TV and finally procreate on TV. 

• Upvote 25
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Does the new season start next week? I read the summary and it teases new courtships 

It starts in October.  I'd be more surprised if they *didn't* tease courtships. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Does the new season start next week? I read the summary and it teases new courtships 

Where did you read it?

41 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

It starts in October.  I'd be more surprised if they *didn't* tease courtships. 

Right lol they tease courtship if they have one or not 

• Upvote 2

Tonight’s episode was officially new, but it’s Zach and Whitney’s vow renewal, which hardly feels new. But UP is being considerate by not airing the pregnancy reveal for the baby they lost until they’re well along in a new pregnancy.

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, Charliemae said:

This mindset undermines how much you can learn about someone just by being roommates.  Even work-proximity associates end up knowing a lot about each other.  I had a good personal relationships with my 30+ students, and I didn't see them at meal times, or share a bathroom with them.  Their claim that they get more time with their kids because they home school is obviously bullshit- you can't divide a 24 hour day by 19 kids and come up with a reasonable number.  But when you spread it over months and years they probably get plenty of quantity time.  The quality is what's missing. 

There is a YouTuber/ other business personality Jordan Page who just announced her 7th pregnancy today. In the reaction video, her oldest child says “it’s going to be so much work for me”. I feel like this was probably a Duggar child reaction at some point :( 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 15

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 12:46 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

One think I will agree is on the common spelling, giving a child a common name with a weird spelling just set the child up for a life time of spelling their name and or telling people how to pronounce it. 

My oldest daughter will have an rarer spelling of her first name, a common name, for cultural reasons.  The pronunciation is only rarer in the west.  I also have a name with a less common spelling, but mine is the original spelling and my name has many, many variants (many spellings, two pronunciations I've heard).

Edited by raspberrymint
Contextual definition of the word variations
  • Upvote 2

Is almost September, do you think we could arrive to Nov and the birth of the 3 Duggar girl without any new announce? I know that Amy is due in October, but she isn't on the show and she is not so interesting I think for the fans. I don't know I just don't think we could have another two months of relative dull.

What do you think? Same for the Bates even if there there is at least a probable courtship announce to be made  as the new season start (Trace and Chaney)

• Upvote 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if the only news we get til the November Wave O’ Babies is Jill pulling wads of gum out of her hair and Jinger buying $25 lattes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic