IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

Were they friends with the Bates family yet when Jackson was born? Kind of seems like you could have gone with Judah since your bestest friend family already had a Jackson. Then again, they were def friends with the Bateseses when Josie was born, so I suppose it doesn't matter!

• Upvote 2

Judah P Benjamin was a major Jewish figure in the Confederate States of America.  Maybe that was made known to them and they decided that the name had too much baggage to go along with their image.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Judah P Benjamin was a major Jewish figure in the Confederate States of America.  Maybe that was made known to them and they decided that the name had too much baggage to go along with their image.

Wasn’t this long before they took down the pic of Nathan Bedford Forrest in their “patriot room?”

I don’t think they saw being associated with a Confederate as problem before some PR person pointed it out, along with the horses.

but I could hav my timeline wrong.

• Upvote 4

In the Bates forum, someone linked to a reddit AMA. In the thread, they mentioned a “Jim Bob Mueller” investigation. I checked out THAT thread— is anyone else following it? Any idea what they’re talking about? They said it relates to the state of Alabama. I live in Alabama and I’m super curious. 

• Upvote 1

JasonJamesJustin are all blended together for me.  Sometimes . . . and I sweartorufus I am not proud of this . . . if I have trouble falling asleep, I try to think of things like:  can I name all the US states?  US Presidents?  Duggar children?  And I always make it to the boy twins & then stumble frantically over JasonJamesJustin, just kind of murmuring JJJJJJJJJJJJJ until I get to Jackson, then I am home free.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

39 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Sometimes . . . and I sweartorufus I am not proud of this . . . if I have trouble falling asleep, I try to think of things like:  can I name all the US states?  US Presidents?  Duggar children?  And I always make it to the boy twins & then stumble frantically over JasonJamesJustin, just kind of murmuring JJJJJJJJJJJJJ until I get to Jackson, then I am home free.

OMG, I'm not the only one. I have done it with the Bates, too. If you want a real snoozefest try starting with the oldest boy in Bates and pair him with the oldest girl in Duggars, all the way down the line. Puts me to sleep faster than anything. #alsonotproud

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Wasn’t this long before they took down the pic of Nathan Bedford Forrest in their “patriot room?”

I don’t think they saw being associated with a Confederate as problem before some PR person pointed it out, along with the horses.

but I could hav my timeline wrong.

The Bateses are the ones with the “Patriot Room” that featured Stonewall Jackson and Nathan Bedford Forrest. As far as I remember, the Duggars didn’t have a room like that in their home. I could be really wrong about that though. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Personally I’d much rather name a kid Judah than Jackson, but that’s just me. It doesn’t matter, because we had a “no J names for boys” rule anyway... teachers will understand.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

add me to the group that didn't know there was a Justin Duggar... I thought you guys were joking around. I googled him... he uhh... he seems like a GYM.

Edited by precious blessing
  • Haha 7

18 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

JasonJamesJustin are all blended together for me.  Sometimes . . . and I sweartorufus I am not proud of this . . . if I have trouble falling asleep, I try to think of things like:  can I name all the US states?  US Presidents?  Duggar children?  And I always make it to the boy twins & then stumble frantically over JasonJamesJustin, just kind of murmuring JJJJJJJJJJJJJ until I get to Jackson, then I am home free.

Where do you put JTyler, at the end because he was the last one, or in birth order? (Asking for a friend.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Where do you put JTyler, at the end because he was the last one, or in birth order? (Asking for a friend.)

I see him as kind of holographically imposed, in approximate birth order, and he therefore can't be viewed at all angles.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22

On 7/19/2019 at 4:23 PM, JMO said:

They were considering Judah Benjamin which I always remember because it seemed likely an flagrantly overzealous Godly name.  I remember Michelle liked Judah Benjamin but quietly demured and they picked Jackson. 

Yeah, I remember the scene from the special when they found out he was a boy and they were all calling him Judah and then next thing you know he was born and was suddenly Jackson Levi. They are two very different names too so I was like random....

• Upvote 7

Didn’t Kelly and Gil name one of their pregnancy losses Jubilee?  And I think it was before Jubilee Duggar, too.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, theotherelise said:

@snapasaurus_rex wow! I did not know that. It does say that with blog source on fundie wiki: https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Bates_Family

Another thing I learned looking at their family list... there is an Ellie Bates??? I don't watch the show, but I knew Addallee and Callie, but not Ellie.

Yep. Ellie has dark hair and falls between Addie and Callie in the lineup. I’ve always thought she looks like a tiny Tori or Carlin personally. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Never you mind.

Edited by AliceInFundyland

On 7/20/2019 at 3:01 AM, Smee said:

Personally I’d much rather name a kid Judah than Jackson, but that’s just me. It doesn’t matter, because we had a “no J names for boys” rule anyway... teachers will understand.

so. true! I Had 5 J names in my class of 15 last year, so thats 1/3 of my room. the amount of names i went through before i got to the right one sometimes was ridiculous.  keeping in mind this is 7th grade so they're all personally offended when i say the wrong name. lol. 

This year however, i have an abundance of K names! Khan being probably my favorite student name so far. for you star trek lovers-- we also have a teacher aide at our school who is named Captain Kirk. the irony. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

I Had 5 J names in my class of 15 last year, so thats 1/3 of my room.

My 2nd Grade class had six Jennifers out of 18 students. My teacher had to use initials, "Jennifer C." "Jennifer M." etc.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

My 2nd Grade class had six Jennifers out of 18 students. My teacher had to use initials, "Jennifer C." "Jennifer M." etc.

ah thats crazy! popular name that year i guess!!

I have two jazmyn's this year but they are both spelled differently. though when i am getting after them i'll have to differentiate with last name initial. lol

• Upvote 3

Born in 1979. Throughout my schooling there were 3-5 Jennifers and 2-3 Sarahs in my classes.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

My Dad had this issue when he started school. He was born in 1957. His name is David and there were 4 David's in his Kindergarten class so he started going by his middle name. He's 62 now and most people don't even know his first name is actually David.

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

Sounds like an episode of the Bachelor!  :pb_lol:

Jennifer C got my first impression rose, but I gave the first date card to Jennifer M. However, it was Jennifer Z. who showed up unannounced and captured my heart!. Jennifer S was the one I proposed to, but I left her after the show for Jennifer K.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

5 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Sounds like an episode of the Bachelor!  :pb_lol:

Jennifer C got my first impression rose, but I gave the first date card to Jennifer M. However, it was Jennifer Z. who showed up unannounced and captured my heart!. Jennifer S was the one I proposed to, but I left her after the show for Jennifer K.

And this is why I gave my daughter a name that you can't find on any GD licence plate magnets in the airport. :my_biggrin: She used to complain and complain about this, but has grown to actually like her name now that she is a little older.  I did this for my son as well, but you can NOW find his name all over, but when he was in school all the kids with his name were 4 or 5 years behind him so he was still the only one with that name in his class. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

And this is why I gave my daughter a name that you can't find on any GD licence plate magnets in the airport. :my_biggrin: She used to complain and complain about this, but has grown to actually like her name now that she is a little older.  I did this for my son as well, but you can NOW find his name all over, but when he was in school all the kids with his name were 4 or 5 years behind him so he was still the only one with that name in his class. 

My sister-in-law tried that with her son because she has a really common name and gave him name that ended up becoming popular after he was born. 

In my classes so many Jennifers, Jessicas, Katies, Kimberlys, Loris, Megans, Briannas, Lisas, Heathers, Erics, Ryans, Nicoles, Stephanies, Zacharys, Brads, Brians, Jamies, Annies, Brandys, Amys, Jeffreys, Mollys, Heidis, Chris, Christinas, Ambers, Joeys, Daniels, Davids, and Rebeccas. Usually having to use the last name, initials or hair color or nicknames Jenny, Jenni, Jenna, Jena, Jeni, and Jennie which only worked when there weren't other girls using the same nicknames. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic